[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campaign Needs God Badly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Named Places.jpg (2 MB, 3134x2625) Image search: [Google]
Named Places.jpg
2 MB, 3134x2625
Hey /tg/, I'm working on a campaign and was wondering if you might be willing to help me brainstorm.

I'm building a world based strongly in the Gods Need Prayer Badly/Clap Your Hands If You Believe/Tulpa tropes. Basically, there are a bunch of gods over various things, ranging from the general (eg: God of Death, God of the South Sea), to the very specific, mundane, or just plain goofy (eg: God of Death by Impalement, God of Monday Mornings).

The world has been previously ruined by holy wars as the gods pitted believers against each other in an attempt to convert more people, since more believers == more power and standing in this ridiculous pantheon. So, much of the map is wasteland, desolate, or ruins returning to nature. Desert, various plains, jungle, tundra, etc.

What I need is gods. Lots of gods. Just ideas for what they're gods of would be helpful, but clever names are great. I've come up with a few, mostly centered around a desert theme since that's where the players have started.

Ach'to-oh - Goddess of the particular oasis the players started at
C'rara Loft - terribly named God of Tomb Raiding
Dewmb - Hypochondriac god
Hekz K'chin - God of poorly prepared food
unnamed God of Frontier Living
unnamed Goddess of Trade Caravans
unnamed God of the Beach
unnamed God of Fishing
unnamed Goddess of Dried Foods
unnamed Goddess of Tomb Raiding
unnamed God of Mummification
unnamed God of Sunburn Relief
unnamed Goddess of Shade
unnamed God of the Volcano (Dragonclaw Isle)
unnamed God of Flowing Lava (partner/twin to volcano god)
unnamed Goddess of the Lake (northeast on map)
unnamed Goddess of Natural Reclamation
unnamed God of Snowcapped Mountains

Attached is a rough map of the world, with most currently planned locations labeled. Any suggestions for more gods, for general or specific ideals, and for serious or goofy purposes, are welcome.

Alternatively, let me know if I need to bugger off to the WBG or /wsr/ for requesting.
>>
What you've got is an incredibly broad question, and that leaves me without a lot of direction. Asking for gods, and having those gods be over just about anything, is essentially asking for a list of just about anything.

My recommendation is to take inspiration from this list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_figures

Or have fun with this one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deities_in_fiction

Or just go ahead and find inspiration from any of these.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_deities

As for original deities, how about:

Godog, God of Palindromes
Jenga, the God of Wooden Towers
Plipplipplop, the God of Skipping Stones
>>
>>46210324
Yeah, that's my general problem. I'm not gonna make gods for EVERYTHING, but a smattering of amusing ones to throw into lore and some to create relevant plot.

>Wikipedia lists
I'll look through these

>Godog, Jenga, and Plipplipplop
These are good. I like these.
>>
>>46209394
>unnamed Goddess of Dried Foods

Emarii, Dun Valkyrie of the Colonic Barrier
>>
>>46211152
And for clarification, I'm not looking to make gods for every specific item. None of "The God of This Rock Right Here", but maybe "Pebl, God of Rocks that Get Stuck In Your Shoes". Which I'm totally using now.

>>46211296
>Emarii
That took me a minute. I laughed.
>>
>>46209394
>unnamed Goddess of Trade Caravans
The Giraffeomancer, Goddes of Trade Caravans
>unnamed Goddess of Tomb Raiding
Laura Kropht, Goddes of Tomb Raiding
>unnamed God of Sunburn Relief
Aloe MacVera, God of Sunburn Relief
>unnamed Goddess of Shade
Shadowfacts MacVera, Goddes of Shade
>>
>>46213627
>Aloe MacVera, God of Sunburn Relief
>Shadowfacts MacVera, Goddes of Shade
Expanding upon these, Aloe MacVera was originally named Aloe McKenzie; he took Shadowfacts' last name after their marriage.
And there's no love or romance btween them, they're married purely as a tax fraud thing.
>>
>>46214846
I was curious on the naming. I like it. Thanks!

I'm also poking with the idea of making brother gods Chuk'm, Giant God of Throwing Smaller Creatures, and Trow'm, Dwarven God of Throwing Larger Creatures
>>
>>46215482
>I was curious on the naming.
Did you ... somehow miss Aloe Vera for burn treatment?
>>
>desert people

Sahhan the Insane, god of camels and commerce and camel commerce
>>
>unnamed Goddess of Trade Caravans

Yupiess?
>>
>>46217000
I got that one, I was curious why he shared a last name with Shadowfacts.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.