[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /tg/, I'm doing a bit of research for a tabletop I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1434287787267.jpg (64 KB, 720x380) Image search: [Google]
1434287787267.jpg
64 KB, 720x380
Hello /tg/, I'm doing a bit of research for a tabletop I'm making, any and all in-depth answers would be wonderful!

1) If you were on a humongous ocean based world, what kind of islands would you like to see/implement?

2) Would you be interested in a class that specializes in wielding weapons at least two size categories larger than the character?

3) If played like the Hunting Horn from monster Hunter, would you play as a bard that was able to buff while bashing things?

Thank you for your conjecture.
>>
>>46205789
#1 - ones where you couldnt tell if it was a sandy island, a island made of debris that had some sand on top, or an island made of something that's just having a bit of a suntan before diving back to the depths

#2 no, what, like a B52 ?

#3 no, firstly I have no idea wtf you're talking about and secondly MOAR GUNZ BITCHEZ

more than welcome
>>
File: 1444856141956.jpg (677 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
1444856141956.jpg
677 KB, 1067x800
>>46205789
>1
A recursive island maybe. Assuming the party have a boat, making the players cross water without an easy solution could (possibly) make for an interesting situasion.
A spire/cliff type deal, with an island based around vertical landmass rather than a horizontal one.
Making the players feel like the ground could vanish at any moment would make a great situasion.
Some Venice based stuff would great.
>2
Depends, can i use it to mount a focused strike for several turns before smashing some poor beasty's face in?
Or atleast as a surfboard?
>3
OF COURSE.
Unless it's a bagpipe, oh god those sound like shit
>>
File: 1425055211793.jpg (48 KB, 550x598) Image search: [Google]
1425055211793.jpg
48 KB, 550x598
>>46205789
Coral Atoll labyrinth

Sounds boring, oversized weapons lack a visceral element. Mostly they just feel like blowup buffers.

Nope, I'm tiring more and more from bards as an in combat thing.
>>
>>46205789
>1) If you were on a humongous ocean based world, what kind of islands would you like to see/implement?
any island with substantial underground portions is enough to make me happy
kinda the best of both words, having the island feel of nearby ocean + very little land that you can look up at the sky from, while allowing for larger amounts of ground area

>2) Would you be interested in a class that specializes in wielding weapons at least two size categories larger than the character?
wud b cute
I'd hope it has some ancillary class features, though, since I'm concerned that the mechanical impact of "specializes in wielding weapons" would be just straight-up more dps monotony

>3) If played like the Hunting Horn from monster Hunter, would you play as a bard that was able to buff while bashing things?
wud b cute
better than the usual stupid "interpretive tapdance with a longsword" model of bardic attacking
>>
>>46205789
>1
A city spire developed by unusually advanced islanders, the base as big as the island and reaching miles into the sky.

>2
No. Having a single Guts-style character is nice but not a class.

>3
N/A
>>
>>46206570
>>46207245
>>46207687
>>46207796
>>46210414

Thanks for the feedback!

Jotting down the island ideas.

The class with larger weapons would specialize in being able to climb and help their teammates get onto high ledges (which would be necessary considering vertical combat and the like.) They would also be able to protect their teammates from charging monsters and the like.

I've got three different types of musical weapons- guitar swords (which you slice to perform different notes), percussion clubs (which requires back and forth bashing to keep a tempo), and flute lances (which you stab in order to get the different notes.)
>>
>>46205789
1: I think volcanic islands are usually a bit too underrepresented. Usually they get lumped in with tropical instead of being their own thing

2) Seems a bit silly, and doesn't feel like enough to justify an entire class.

3) Tricky to pull of, though I like support classes being able to cast their heals and buffs while still hitting things.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.