[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games Workshop LoTR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: WotR.jpg (96 KB, 454x600) Image search: [Google]
WotR.jpg
96 KB, 454x600
Ho /tg/! I've had a hankering for a while to try and replay some of GW's Lord of the Rings game, with what models I still have, since current GW prices are as ridiculous as always.
Does anyone have scans for the LoTR books that GW put out, like War of the Ring and the 'newer' books?
>>
>>46203701
Here's War of the Rings, but that's all I've got.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yc2ycdvoycid2dr/war+of+the+ring+rulebook.pdf
>>
>>46203895

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I'm also curious as I didn't much LoTR aside from the old vanilla game, is War of the Ring a lot better than the plain vanilla LoTR? Worse? Both the same? All I remember from the old game was that it could get really drawn out as combat could take a looong time.
>>
bump?
>>
I've got them all, let me get on my pc.

Where do you live? I'm from London and I'm looking to get a game in from time to time.
>>
>>46205845
Here is the link to them:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx0K6svbpxs4X2lUaUxmV0dIelE&usp=sharing

I'm uploading some out of print scenarios there as we speak so bare with me or check the link later.
>>
>>46205922
You're a legend
>>
>>46204014
SBG is a skirmish game, don't play a game with loads of models because it gets bugged down quickly. If you want an 'epic' feeling construct a small campaign by linking up scenarios, divide larger battles into multiple games each with a different objective.

WotR is a decent system if slightly convoluted but you need a ton of miniatures which with GW prices and their treatment of 2nd hand suppliers is a pain in the ass. You can use alternatives and I'm making a large Dol Amroth force out of Perrys Miniatures.

>>46205948
No worries, wish more people played the game.

AS I said if you life in London or if you have Tabletop Simulator let me know and we can get a game in.
>>
>>46206034
>life
live* sorry

I forgot to mention that one of the best things about SBg is how balanced it is.
>>
>>46205845
Unfortunately I live in Beaverland, otherwise I would've been super down to get a game in
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.