[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last message of Emperor of Mankind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: emp.jpg (259 KB, 985x811) Image search: [Google]
emp.jpg
259 KB, 985x811
Let's see some possible scenarios of the last minute of the EoM. Suppose that the Emperor emits the last message trough the Warp,a big scream that goes across the galaxy and trough every human mind. There is no place for double meaning. All scenarios post-scream are open (starchild,blabla)

What says the message?
>>
Considering you haven't put a character limit on this message...

Smart choice would probably be something reaffirming that the emperor encourages scientific advance in the imperium, and legalizing artificial intelligence again.

Emperor doesn't even need to come back as a star child etc if that message gets across. They would have near enough the manpower of the tyrannids/orks and the technology of the Eldar and Tau
>>
>>46201649
>Legalizing artificial intelligence while Chaos is at the height of its power

This is literally the worst thing you can do next to dabbling in unrestrained Warptech in the 41st Millennium.
>>
>>46201649
It's true there is no character limit, but let's try to make messages of "1 minute" more or less. We don't want bibles and the Emperor doesn't have time/energy for more.
>>
More art of the Emperor on the throne.
>>
>>46201744
It's hard finding art of Big E
>>
>>46201551

I'LL BE BACK.
>>
>>46201551
>now this is the story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down
>>
>>46201551
"By the way, the expiration date on the Void Dragon's container should pass any second now. Have fun with that."
>>
>>46201686
Am I missing the memo when Chaos could inhabit non-chaos created machines? Surely the best defence against chaos is A.I weaponry.
>>
> Humans of the galaxy, you must shake off the shakles you put on yourself! Do not be afraid, when my.guidiance is lost you have your own merits and strength to lead your way. Don't let anyone tell you that they deserve more than you, don't let chaos tempt you, don't let the xenos survive and lead the way to a new golden age. For centuries you have prayed to me, now I beg you: make the stars your rightfull home again!
>>
>>46201835
>teh best defence against chaos is ai
This is wrong on so many levels
>>
>A physic message shatters through the immaterium
>Entering every mind in the galaxy
>"Fuck guys, delete my browser history"
>>
>>46201551
>To all humans of the galaxy : It has been a constant pleasure to have you pathetic whelps murdered and tortured in my name for the last ten thousand years, and my only regret is to know that I die before seeing your sorry lot destroying yourself to the last like I worked for since the first time laid my eyes on your wretched existences. May your passing be neither fast nor painless.
>To all armed servants of the Imperium, here is my last order : kill everyone and everything in memory of me.
>>
>>46202096
Clearly I'm missing something, so can you explain? If the biggest advantage of chaos is being able to corrupt human minds without warfare, then surely AI would be the solution, if the whole abominable intelligence problem is circumvented.
>>
>>46202428
anything that's sentient can be corrupted by chaos, unless they have other fuckery involved
>>
>>46201649
>and legalizing artificial intelligence again.

Oh yeah sure! Great idea magos! Why dont we wake up the killing thinking machines that almost drove mankind to extinction? Yeah, that'll show those chaosfags! Lets keep going and just nuke all the suns in the galaxy and while we're at it lets also release the void dragon!.

Surely nothing could go wrong! Nope! Nothing at all!.
>>
>>46202428
Dark mechanicus released a whole bunch of Chaos corrupted AI's and computer viruses during the Horus Heresy. They know how to do it again.

Outside of those I'm not sure how they work.
>>
>>46202212
tzeentch pls
>>
>>46202520
I was gonna reply to the other posts but this clears it up pretty well, thanks senpai
>>
>>46201551
>never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down

Alternatively

>I lost the game
>>
>>46201551
>Well, that went poorly.
>>
>>46202451
But the Necrons can't?
>>
>>46202641
You need a soul to fall to chaos.

I suppose that implies in WH40K, souls aren't inherently biological, they're just gained when you have the ability to think in AI's case.

That's surprisingly comforting.
>>
>"PLAY AGE OF SIGMAR!"
>>
File: 40kfile.png (11 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
40kfile.png
11 KB, 800x600
>>46201551
>What says the message?

Your waifu a shit
>>
>Implying he won't wake up in the year 42,000 sending a scream that says CHECK 'EM throughout the warp
>>
BUY MORE WARBONDS
>>
>>46201551
"I've never wanted to be a god... but I am one, now."
>>
>>46202096
The most incorruptible race in the galaxy heavily uses AI.

The Crons.
>>
>>46201551
>It's the year 40000, tell me someone finished ASOIAF
>>
WE'RE GOING TO BUILD A WALL

AND WE'RE GOING TO MAKE CHAOS PAY FOR IT

MAKE THE IMPERIUM GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>46201551
>A message from our Lord on Terra, everyone must go fuck themselves!
>>
>>46201551
>every human mind
lmao abaddon has no arms
>>
>>46202945
The 'crons aren't AI, though, they're souls jammed into bodies of living metal.
>>
"Humanity was a mistake".
>>
>>46201551
"drink your milk"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq-6aj9sNvo
>>
>"Fuck my nose itches"
>>
>>46201551
>Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine!
>>
Why don't we make this into a letter thread? One word per post, if you guys want in I'll start it off.

Dear
>>
>>46203496
humanity

duh
>>
>>46203388
They don't have any souls though. They got eaten by the C'tan.
>>
rosebud
>>
>>46203521
All
>>
>>46203521
, there
>>
>>46201551
>What says the message?

Through dick, unity
>>
>>46203601
must
>>
Heresy
>>
>>46202520

It's implied that shit is probably still floating around in the environment, though largely cleared out. There's very little in the way of tech that is resistant to it, and the only faction that you're likely to get it from is the AdMech, and their version requires extensive enhancement to make it work.
>>
To everyone in this thread, remember that the emperor was far from perfect
>>
>>46203699
bad
>>
I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT
>>
>>46201551
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IF YOU FAGGOTS STOP FALLOWING THE IMPERIAL TRUTH I WILL COME BACK AND MURDER YOU ALL
>>
>>46202212
I cut myself on that edge m8
>>
File: sgt johnson laser eyes.jpg (111 KB, 1074x744) Image search: [Google]
sgt johnson laser eyes.jpg
111 KB, 1074x744
>>46203521
We
>>
File: I want to live!!!.jpg (37 KB, 625x377) Image search: [Google]
I want to live!!!.jpg
37 KB, 625x377
>>46202428
>>46202451
Put it to you this way guys; you think that Servitors are the only example of sticking human bits and technology together in the Imperium?
You think when the Mechanicus refer to a "Machine Spirit" they're just using an exceptionally retarded term for AI?

I thought so too, and I asked a friend about this subject once. (Actually it was about the Iron Warriors, but to-may-to, to-mah-to.)

For really important tech, there will be bits and pieces of actual human tissue inside them. (PROBABLY not every las-gun ever...maybe...)
And warp-fuckery being what it is, those little giblets do give something of a 'soul' to a machine. Which can be corrupted by Chaos.
>Rise of the Machines meets The Exorcist.
>Pic related.
>>
File: MARSSUCKS.jpg (763 KB, 1694x1342) Image search: [Google]
MARSSUCKS.jpg
763 KB, 1694x1342
>>46201649
>>46201835
>>46202096
>>46202428
>>46202451
>>46202520
>>46202544
>>46203825
Time for the Copy Pasta again
>>
I am sorry....The imperium's failings rest on my shoulders and mine alone.....my last request is.....

don't make it easy for them....and to my sons I failed you as I failed all mankind and any transgression is forgiven a thousand times over. farewell mankind may we meet again......in a better time............goodbye.
>>
>>46201551
Judging by that picture his last words are

"RELIGIOUS FAGS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: 1436458898674.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436458898674.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Pic related
>>
>>46202665
But how do clones work then? In 40k clones have no souls.
>>
>>46205035
maybe it has to be an original design, or there's something about the cloning process that's fucked?

I dunno, this is warhammer we're talking about here.

"A wizard did it" is often the only explanation, and even more often the actual truth.
>>
>>46201551
>SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOING HOME.

>Oh, not again.

>Tell everyone I died doing something cool!

>YOU HAD ONE JOB...!

>Magic is deeeeeaaddd

>Filthy casuals!

>Do you have up dog?

>My feet hurt.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x469
>>46201851
>For centuries you have prayed to me, now I beg you: make the stars your rightful home again!
I imagined it and it nearly made me shed a tear
>>
>>46201551
Judging by the image
>WAKE ME UP
>CAN'T WAKE UP INSIDE
>CAN"T WAKE UP
>WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>SAVE ME
>>
>>46201551
"Humanity Fuck No!"
>>
>AROUND ELVES WATCH YOURSELVES
>>
>emperor cries out psychically for the dismantling of the religious institutions and his own worship
>inquisitors claim this to be a Chaos misdirection and begin purging those who support the message
>at some point you're killed for admitting you even heard it
>inquisitors either commit sudoku, get purged, or straight up lie about hearing it
>nothing but death follows from the emperor's plea, with the only beleivers still alive knowing better than to speak out or act
>a secret society is formed
>>
BE OPEN TO DIPLOMACY AND ALLIANCE WITH THE ELDAR AND NECRON
DESTROY THE TAU BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
THE TYRANIDS FLEE, BE PREPARED TO RECEIVE THEIR TERROR
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.