[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great Beast Quest #11
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 6
File: GBQ OP.png (388 KB, 480x294) Image search: [Google]
GBQ OP.png
388 KB, 480x294
You're a Cave Hydra, big and mighty. However, your size and mightiness is yet again questioned by something clearly not natural.

Before you stands a massive rocky being. It radiates nothing that would make it alive, it's as if the rocks were forced to move. It's disproportioned arms turn into pinching claws, resting on the floor and supporting the massive torso from toppling over. And to top it all off, long chains rattle about on its back, idly wrapping themselves around air as if waiting to be commanded.

On this abstract thing sits an orc, holding an U shape ending stick that's twice as long as him, he supports the other end with the thing's back. His muscles are tightened by black straps of leather and bulge out because of it, and his eyes look nothing what you could consider to be normal. They're deranged, staring at you not like you were a piece of meal, but a mere object.

The cages still rattle from the over-aggressive malnourished carnivores, itching for a fight to happen. It would appear that this place where your kindred souls are tortured and kept in cages way too small for them will be your battlefield.

>Start off aggressively.
>Be defensive.
>What else?
>>
>>46200308

>Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/u/GBQ
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrkQuestQM
>ask.fm: https://ask.fm/OrkQuestQM
>Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Great+Beast
>>
Wait. Do you start off as a different monster every thread?
>>
>>46200333
Nope. First thread was to decide who you play as. Cave Hydra was chosen back then.
>>
>>46200308
>Be defensive.
>>
>>46200308
>Be defensive.
>What else? Attack the Orc, if possible it seems the softer target.

Maybe, If we think some of the caged creatures wouldn't attack us, open those cages?
>>
>>46200413
>open those cages
nonononono, bad idea.
>>
>>46200450
That why I had the if! I know it's a bad idea but sometimes chaos can be a friend.
>>
Being defensive it is with focus on orc.

>1d20.

This is about the tenth time I almost typed 1d10 instead of 1d20.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>46200539
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46200539
>>
>>46200562
OH BOY HERE WE GO, BRINGS SOME MEMORIES.
>>
>>46200562
*angry hydra noises
>>
20 is highest.

Writing.
>>
>>46200450
>>46200469
Furthermore, I never meant to imply opening all the cages that be humping a doorknob stupid. I was trying to sugegest maybe ooening only some of the smaller creatures, or only if we could open the cage in a way that we're not the closest thing for it to attack.
>>
>>46200539
>>
>>46200562
Hydra smite
>>
>>46200308
You have no idea what this thing is, and it also towers over you rather heavily. You do not wish to be directly attacked by it, so you decide to take it slow.

You don't move, only stare intensely at the unnatural rock formation, you yourself however, focus on the orc on its back. He only grins and laugh, returning the stare and not backing off even a little bit in this contest.

Eventually, you spot him move his arm that holds the stick, as the object leans, so does the rock being, lounging towards you with its claw hand reaching out to the base of your necks. You don't risk it at all and slither down, to the side and under the arm. You did it quickly enough to have enough time and room to counter-attack as well, so your right head digs its teeth into the short leg and pulls as you're swiftly going behind it.

This makes the unnatural rock formation lean forward more than it should, and the massive torso soon is brought down with a crash and clouds of dust rising from the impact. The orc managed to stay on its back quite comfortably and turned his head to face you, his smile not dropping even for a second. Then you spot another thing, his hand is quickly twirling the stick, and with that motion, the chains rattling grows in vibrations.

>You have a chance to strike him, do so.
>Back off, you are in no place to risk anything.
>>
>>46200740
REMOVE ORC
>>
>>46200740
Back off
>>
>>46200740
>>You have a chance to strike him, do so.
>>
>>46200740
CARPE DIEM
>>
Attacking wins.

>1d20.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>46200918
HAIL HYDRA
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>46200918
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>46200918
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>46200918
>>
17 is highest.
>>
>>46200740
This is your biggest and quite possibly the only chance to strike him, so you do not plan on letting it go to waste.

You charge, stomping onto the toppled behemoth of a humanoid-like shaped rock and reaching out for the orc. The chains rattling stops abruptly once you get on top of it and lounges at you, but it was too late to do anything about you. They wrapped themselves around your limbs and pulled down, trying to sent you back. Some even wrap around your heads, but it's all for naught because you stretch out your neck and chomp down.

Blood gushes and nearly blinds you from the wound, soon later, on top of feeling rather tough, but delicious meat, you feel your teeth clang against something. It doesn't take too long for you to realize that you bit off his holding arm. This also makes the chains loosen up for some reason, which lets you to spring out further and bit into the orc from the left and right as well from the top. Tearing the biped alive and to shreds. Just how he probably forced other beasts to do the same on each other.

(Cont.)
>>
>>46201140
Speaking off, the ruckus grows stronger, animals either beating their chest or roaring in happy anger. It seems that killing the orc brought immense joy to them all. But you still doubt it's good idea to open their cages. They are more than likely to try and eat you alive. Not to mention, you have no idea how to open them to begin with.

In the midst of the ruckus, you hear a whine, a canine yelp. Turning around and going further into the room, you spot an entrance to a brightly lit, circle room. In the middle of it, you spot a familiar Wolf with extreme anger issues. The wickedly shaped stick rammed into his throat and neck, leaving bleeding wounds while from his back poke out bolts. He must've fallen down because he lies on the ground as if he just jumped and failed. And between you and him lies a metal gate, separating both of you.

>Ignore him. Search for the actual entrance into this cave.
>Save him, he just might show some respect, just maybe.
>What else?
>>
>>46201157
Save him. If he is being a dick, then also eat him.
>>
>>46201157
>Save him, he just might show some respect, just maybe.
>>
>>46201157
Save
>>
>>46201157
>Ignore him. Search for the actual entrance into this cave.
Too weak to be useful. Don't have time to babysit puppies.
>>
Saving wins.

>1d20 to bust the gate.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>46201333
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>46201333
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>46201333
>>
10 is highest. Just about what you needed.

Writing.
>>
>>46201477
Did you ever finished the promised p
paste binss?
>>
>>46201531
Yes, they're private.

Here's the normal one: http://pastebin.com/wDEA7hsP

Here's the smut one: http://pastebin.com/0rVga0fV
>>
>>46201157
It won't hurt you (hopefully) to save him. And he might just about learn to respect the bigger ones. The things you do to teach the stupid.

You walk up to the gate, ignoring the ruckus for now. Standing up on your hind limbs, you crash yourself down with all your weight against the gate, making the bars bend under your weight with a satisfying crunching sound. But it doesn't break exactly, giving you a path to this ring, so you headbutt it, which makes the gate break and fall down with a crash onto the ground.

Quickly walking up to the Wolf, you see that he's wrestling with the stick around his neck that dug into his flesh.

"Quickly, humans aim at us from above." You hear one of your heads, Hisk, say. You don't double check the information and do what needs to be done. You grab him by his back with your teeth and pick him up before quickly backing off, seeing few bolts fly by as you barely manage to avoid them yourself.

"Put me down oversized lizard!"

You do so, making him fall from height again. This time he lands on his feet before cracking down the stick near the tip, leaving just it to hang on his neck. It seems he will require opposable thumbs to get it off.

"Did you open the cages?"

"No, I don't plan to, they will eat us if we do."

"Not if you open them directly.. You can't do that, there must be a mechanism to open them all or separately somewhere else. Getting close to them would make the humans lose arms."

>"Now is not the time, they will be here in matter of seconds because you can't hide. We must find Kardio."
>"Find it yourself, I am going after the fat human."
>What else?
>>
>>46201632
>"Now is not the time, they will be here in matter of seconds because you can't hide. We must find Kardio."
>>
>>46201632
>>46201600
I was talking about the ones you promised before GBQ went on break we gave you a few suggestions at the end.
>>
>>46201699
That's... Them.
>>
>>46201632
>>
>>46201699
>ask smut
>qm delivers
>ask for more
greedy greedy anon.
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46201769
The anon probably hoped I'd write all of them. So I must explain myself. I didn't because I had some rough times and no strength or will to do so. So I did those that, from what I remember, were most interesting and asked for.

And I am no miracle worker either.
>>
>>46201753
>That's... Them.
This
And for the smaller concepts.

>Everyone's thoughts after naming the hydra Needy Stubborn Asshole.
>>46201847
Oh I know, but I was mainly talking about the smaller concept you said you would do, the only other thing was the spirit animal which you said you would not do since we voted for smutt.
>>46201769
I never asked for smutt and never read it.
>>
>>46201884
I have no excuse, I simply didn't write it because I was tired and I lacked time to sit down and do it properly. I will make up for that within this week however at some point and write it.
>>
>>46201632
"Now is not the time, they will be here in matter of seconds because you can't hide. We must find Kardio."

"Why you have to be so stubborn?"

"Why must you be so stupid? They won't die if we leave them like this for a while longer."

"You lack compassion. I pity you."

"You lack common sense, I pity you harder."

And with that, you turn around and start jogging to the other side of the room, it doesn't take you long till you find an opposite entrance, sadly it's exactly the same as the previous one. Before you get to close it up with your body, Redclaw bursts through and starts climbing the stairs, if anything, you must commend his stamina for such a tiny body. His wounds don't look very shallow either, but enough staring, more doing.

With a huff, you reach the top of the cave once more. You feel the tiredness affect your sizeable body, you didn't really munch on something solid either for a long while. So you hope that things will be wrapped up quickly. Redclaw once more disappeared from your sights, being ways ahead of you, leaving only confused guards behind him. Which you promptly squash down, chew or crush.

After few moments you realize the change in scenery, this hallway is more sizeable and differently made. The stone is smooth and polished, shining and nearly blinding you if it wasn't for the fact that you're already used to light by now. The human are differently armed as well. They're inside the armor shells and their sticks returned to the pointy end. You know this because as you're approaching the end of the corridor that splits into left and right, from the left side emerges a wall of them, blocking your path. And humans behind that wall are armed with bows and crossbows.

>Left side is clearly more important, crush through them.
>You don't have the time or energy for this, go right, hope for the best.
>>
>>46201991
>You don't have the time or energy for this, go right, hope for the best.
>>
>>46201991
>>
>>46201991
Fat head man should be there
>>
Left side it is.

>1d20
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>46202148
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>46202148
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>46202148
>>
14 is highest.

Writing.
>>
>>46201991
It doesn't take 4 bipeds to figure out that the more guarded thing, the more priceless it is. Or tasty. Or both.

You're familiar with spears being formed into a wall, not the first or last time this has been used on you. So you're not too afraid of this formation and the humans behind them. Question is, can you work around it before being put into a world of hurt. You move to one side as far as you can and raise your limb, preparing it to swipe. And with a roar, you throw yourself to the other side, swatting and breaking the sticks with your claws.

After making the hole, your heads jolt down and crash through the armored men, your body following them right after. You've already found your way through the wall, but sharp pains digging into your side show that they're not overly scared of you. Biting through the pain, you sway to the side, forcing all of them back before making a turn to where they stabbed you with your limb out, cleaving through the humans like through soft mushrooms.

Now they start to waver and run, splitting into going both left and right. Those who went left picked poorly, because they now have you behind them. The humans didn't use their bows and crossbows, and those that did, missed in panic and began retreating as well.

You chase after them, huffing with each stomp made before you hear growling. You presume this to be Redclaw, so you turn the other way and keep walking, ignoring the humans which ignored you as well. After some time, you spot the wolf, bleeding even more than the last time you saw him, clawing against massive doors in anger.

"Erppaer the damn absatslii! The Wolf is here!"

You hear the muffled screams from beyond the doors.

>Pathetic, bust open the doors.
>Wait, him not being able to do anything is the only form of payment for the sticks that poke out of your side.
>Wrap around, maybe the right side leads to another way in.
>What else?
>>
>>46202371
>>
>>46202371
>>Pathetic, bust open the doors
>>
>>46202371

Hydra Paladin is here to bring JUSTICE
>>
>>46202371
>Wrap around, maybe the right side leads to another way in.
I don't feel like being shot with a ballista.
>>
>>46202371
>Wait, him not being able to do anything is the only form of payment for the sticks that poke out of your side.
>>
>>46202371
Better to do it now, he doesn't know there us a hydra here.
>>
>>46201600
Good smut I need more
>>
busting the doors open wins. But i gotta brb for a bit
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>46202553
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>46202553
We rolling?
>>
I'm back now.

>1d20

I am counting: >>46202617
>>46202636

>>46202552
Glad you enjoyed it anon. It's my first try at 'standalone' smut.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>46202661
third roll then
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>46202661
>>
16 a highest.

Writing.
>>
>>46202371
Fun from seeing him being so pathetic is not out-weighting the feeling of pity for the Wolf, so you decide to act by yourself.

You walk up to the doors and spring up onto your hind legs once more and crash your weight with your foremost limbs. The gate cracks heavily and is giving way to your might. All while Redclaw stands underneath you, blood oozing from his maw.

"I can do this myself! I don't need your help!"

"Yes, you do. It would take you years to do this."

All you hear is growl from him. But once the gate swings in full force, he bursts through the slit the moment it fits his size. But you yourself drop in sudden fear as the humongous bolt is sent flying through the air.

It misses the Wolf who jumps to the side, but you are less lucky overall. Searing pain digs through your stomach as it flies underneath you. Making you growl out in pain and thrash about. The wound isn't deep, nor did the bolt get stuck in you, the shock from being wounded so quickly is what truly enhances the feeling. In the end, you're more lucky than Redclaw. And now, you're mad.

You spring out and close the distance to the humongous crossbow, the humans manning it immediately leave it and run away into the back and jump out You must be above ground once more. Something you can't really take joy in as currently you're smashing the massive weapon into splinters, which brings more fun.

Some guards wrap around you but to no avail, you swipe wildly and in frenzy. Sending blood flying into the air. Once that is done, you turn to the Wolf who easily cornered the wimping and crying human. You swear you smell urine and sense great feeling of satisfaction radiating from Redclaw.

>You've taken a wound you cannot bear without a return. Take him for yourself.
>Wait, in the end. You lost nothing and at least the Wolf will have sense of satisfaction.
>What else?
>>
File: Frozone_Face.jpg (27 KB, 534x669) Image search: [Google]
Frozone_Face.jpg
27 KB, 534x669
You freeze it with your freeze ray, where's my super suit!?
>>
>>46202857
>>Wait, in the end. You lost nothing and at least the Wolf will have sense of satisfaction.

See if there is some obvious lever/s around, then start pulling them.
>>
>>46202857
>Wait, in the end. You lost nothing and at least the Wolf will have sense of satisfaction.
>>
>>46202857
>>
>>46202857
>>
>>46202857
>>What else?
See if we can get the monster party to start by pulling sticks on walls and hanging grass on roofts.
>>
Waiting and checking walls for things to pull wins.

Writing.
>>
>>46202857
You won't butt in into his private problems with the human. If he started it all, might as well let him end it all as well.

While the Wolf is making the human nearly die from fear before tearing him apart. You look around the room and start walking to things. Leaving trail of blood in-between your limbs, you aren't too terribly worried, it will heal in a moment.

You start knocking things off of things, moving them to sides and so on, swiftly moving onto next ones while being accompanied by screams of agony that very slowly die off. However, your search for a mechanism were for naught, it seems it isn't here, but down where you killed the orc. But before even the thought of going back there comes across your mind, a group of six people bursts in into the room.

Someone's very late to the show.

"Redclaw!" Yells out yet another human. A female with red hair that quickly runs up to him before embracing him in a tight hug.

"Hisk! Harbenk! Horg!" Yells out Elia, quickly jumping her way towards you, embracing you as well.

And a yell of anger and annoyance from the Halfling that is now turning around and walking away.

>"What are you doing here? What are they doing here? What is happening?"
>"I am fine. He is not, treat to his wounds first."
>Wave to your group of adventurers.
>What else?
>>
>>46203143
>>"What are you doing here? What are they doing here? What is happening?"
>>"I am fine. He is not, treat to his wounds first."
>>
>>46203143
>Wave to adventures
>>
>>46203143
>"What are you doing here? What are they doing here? What is happening?"
>>
>Wave to the group of adventures
>implying jared from subway has aids?
>>
>>46203143
Deja vu, did you guys bring food this time ?
>>
>>46203143
>>
>>46203143
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46203143
You wave with your heads towards the adventurers, the Elf and Human wave back while the Halfling keeps storming off and the orc just holds his head in his hand, staring down at the ground and paying no attention to you.

"What are you doing here? What are they doing here? What is happening?" You ask.

"Oh, well.. Your group actually had a quest to see what causes the sudden disappearances of wild animal as well as marked animal companions from the stables. The girl, Luisa, is Redclaw's owner and tagged along when she found out about Redclaw missing, then she found out that your teammates are searching for more or less the same thing. Then they stumbled upon me waiting and decided to go in.. You're wounded!"

Well, that was an influx of information for sure. But her kind heart is too much for you, so when her hand reaches down underneath you, you step back.

"I am fine. He is not, treat to his wounds first."

"But you're bleeding!"

"My bleeding will stop soon, his will not."

She pets the front of your neck before smiling and walking over to Redclaw, all while Holgrum, pushed forward by Cleriori, steps closer and activates the magic.

"Can you explain how YOU got here first, again?"

>"That doesn't matter. Give me food, I am hungry."
>"I had to escape and save Elia, then she told me about this place. Other's weren't freed yet."
>Say nothing. You're not capable of bothering yourself with replying to them.
>What else?
>>
>>46203463
>>"That doesn't matter. Give me food, I am hungry
Nigga where's our food at we are doing your job.
>>
>>46203463
>>"That doesn't matter. Give me food, I am hungry."
>>
>>46203463
>>
>>46203463
>I sensed a great injustice and i came to purge it.
>also gibe food i'm hungry
>>
>>46203463
>>
>>46203463
>"I had to escape and save Elia, then she told me about this place. Other's weren't freed yet."
>>
>>46203463
Seconding >>46203571
>>
>>46203463
Thirding>>46203571
>>
>>46203571
Thirding
>>
>>46203463
This >>46203571
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46203463
"I sensed a great injustice and I came to purge it.

I am also hungry, give me food."

You don't hear any response, all the Orc does is just turn around, say what you said in Humanoid language and the sighed. The armor clad elf clapped her hands vigorously from happiness before taking off her backpack, digging into it with her hand and pulling out everything that's edible for you before saying something to the rest. Which prompts them to do the same.

With the food in front of you, you dig in. It tastes really good, but its nowhere near to satiate your hunger on the simple basis that there's not enough of it for you to fill your stomach. Nevertheless, you had some form of meal finally and you're happy for it.

As you clean your maw from left-overs, you spot Redclaw, covered in white straps of cloth around his wounds. His master (something you find pathetic, if you have to be honest) saying something to your group before bowing and continuing walking away. The Wolf however, stays for a while, looking at you in silence for a while.

"Thank you."

Well, it seems he learned a thing about proper culture when speaking to someone bigger than you. If you could, you would clap yourself in approval. Maybe it's time to ask for your group of humanoids to give you hands, or something.

Overall, day went from atrocious to reasonably well. And there will be more. But firstly.

A nap.

>END OF THREAD.

Sorry folks, but I am not able to run any further, I'm just tired. I will stick for QnA though.
>>
File: 1449714730543.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1449714730543.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>>46203796

Sleep is for the weak, though.
>>
>>46203796
How many hydras could a hydra hydra if a hydra could hydra a hydra?
>>
>>46203796
The only thing about this quest that I hate is that it ends too quickly.

Thanks for running, Boss!
>>
>>46203796
Thanks for running boss. This was a good episode.
>>
>>46203796
Thanks for the thread.

>The armor clad elf clapped her hands
ELF CONFIRMED AS A SHE.
>>
>>46203841
Deep down, I am a weak man.

>>46203849
Consider this my form of blueballing people. Warlord blueballs with going afk before the smut starts for good, I blueball people by ending quickly :^).

>>46203860
No, thank YOU for playing!

>>46203871
SHIT. I GOTTA USE MALE PRONOUN NEXT TIME.

Thank You all for playing.
>>
>>46203796
Good thread Boss, thanks.
>>
>>46203871
That doesn't prove anything. I've told you; The gender of the elf is ELF. Not man and not yet really woman
>>
>>46203903
Thank YOU, anon, for being a great player!
>>
>>46203979
Don;t forget about the archive! Thanks for running!
>>
File: EDwxL5q[1].png (325 KB, 528x398) Image search: [Google]
EDwxL5q[1].png
325 KB, 528x398
>>46204051
I haven't, don't worry, just waiting for potential questions.

And thank You for playing!
>>
>>46204101
Can the Hydra recieve equpment? I am thinking of armor, or maybe some magic artifact that let's us speak.
>>
>>46204148
Yep. It will be the main way of upgrading yourself as well. Getting things naturally will take a while.
>>
>>46204186
Are the adventurers rather upset about us beating them at their supposed profession, or more happy that we did the hard work for them?
>>
>>46204235
Upset about being shown up, happy they don't get shot at with a ballista, upset they got to feed a smug assholish hydra.
>>
>>46204235

>>46204260
Got it rather well.
>>
>asshole paladin hydra
Awesome dichotomy.
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46200308/

That's the archive. I am outtie, see You all later.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.