[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: 1457480788985.jpg (593 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1457480788985.jpg
593 KB, 900x900
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Knight edition. What orders do you have in your world? What orders are your character a part of? Do they have special lines that they'll never cross, even if it's not against their alignment?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/XehJXVjp

Old Thread: >>46188589
>>
First for romantic subplots and conflicts! Were there any in your games? How did they go?
>>
>>46196543

Depends on what you want to do.

Broken Blade is made for breaking people with your fists, as well as as a general combat maneuver-using discipline (grappling, trips, etc).

Black Seraph and Cursed Razor if you want to go Akuma on people.
>>
>>46196592
Going Akuma is preferred as my current group has some quality trips and grapples and whatnot going on.
>>
File: 1450254769019.jpg (697 KB, 829x1173) Image search: [Google]
1450254769019.jpg
697 KB, 829x1173
>Knight edition. What orders do you have in your world?

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman

Here is an organization I am thinking of using in my games. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Knights of the Scarlet Woman.

When we hear of knights, we think of men who are dedicated to the ideals of duty, self-sacrifice, honor and who esteem chastity as a virtue in women. We do not think of knights as those who seek to liberate women sexually; such men we think of as scoundrels. Men who seek to liberate women sexually are known as the corrupters of innocence, as devils from the underworld not as heroes. Therefore, when we hear of an order of knights who see it as their duty to fight sexual suppression and liberate women from the prison of chastity we cannot help but be struck by disbelief. Well, I am here to tell you about an order of knights who see just this as their duty: The Knights of the Scarlet Woman.

This order was founded by three men who saw it as their sacred duty to liberate women from the bonds of chastity. The first was a rebel, poet and warrior by the name of Aleister Crowley. The second was a philosopher and sage by the name of Wilhelm Reich. And the third was a painter and bard by the Luis Royo. These men came together, approximately three hundred years ago and swore an oath that they would never rest until every woman on the face of the earth had been liberated sexually. Surrounded by hostility, these men at first resolved to keep their activities a secret until such time as they had the strength and the numbers to fight an open war against the dominant power of those days The Knights of the Virgin.
>>
>>46196610
This is such a stale bait that the worm's gone cold.
>>
>>46196610

One hundred years ago, the knights lead a revolution in one country, X, (unnamed to allow adaptation for different settings.) and seized the reins of power after the people had become cynical after repeatedly seeing the corruption, bigotry and false promises of the Knights of the Virgin. As a result popular opinion shifted in that country and the people of that country discovered a newfound dedication to love and romance which had been suppressed by the Knights of the Virgin as sin and godlessness.

Upon seizing power, these men (founders were dead by this time) sought to promote the equal participation of women in civil society and became the first knighthood in history to allow women to become equal members with all the rights and privileges as men. Their coming out into the open has opened them to attack by the Knights of the Virgin who currently dominate other areas of the world. The Knights of the Scarlet Woman have found unlikely allies in the Fey and certain sympathetic devils and demons. (Although the activities of the Knights of the Scarlet Woman are by no means evil.)

The motto of this order is, “For love one should risk respectability and even life itself.” Another motto is, “The sun shines no less brightly on you because it shines on others.” Membership is open to all men and women who are willing to abide by the rules of the order. Knights upon entry take a vow to remain bachelors all their life, to renounce jealousy and possessiveness and not to hoard their love by only loving one man or woman but many. All those seeking membership also go through an initiation ritual which includes the blaspheming of the symbols of the Knights of the Virgin, orgies, feasting and the ritual deflowering of a (willing) virgin. Participants dress up as demons and devils during the rituals.
>>
>>46196543
Anything that slows enemies down is great for a warder. Vigilant Keeper's Stance, Guard's Oath, Woeful Burden, etc. If you stack a couple of those effects you can turn into a black hole of pain, with every enemy that goes even vaguely near you suddenly stuck with a 10 foot movement rate or less and triggering AoOs from you every time they try to move.
>>
Members receive a number of benefits and have a certain number of corresponding duties as part of their membership. The organization provides an atmosphere of tolerance where open discussion of secular ideas takes place. Members also receive a set of armor or robes depending on their class with the emblems of the order. (The order’s symbol is a kissing nymph and succubus intertwined with one another.) Members have a duty to come to the aid of fellow members in times of need and to remain loyal to the ideals of the order. They have a duty to fight for the order when called upon and to be courageous (although not stupid) in the face of persecution and difficulty. Members also receive a copy of the book of verse White Stains which was composed Aleister Crowley; this book is also the guiding text of the order.

Members are required to train in the warrior arts (or some equivalent class which has combat use such as mages, clerics, druids, thieves, bards etc.) or to demonstrate, on a regular basis, competence in the art of war as a means of ensuring the strength of the order. Members are either sent on missions, covert or overt, or called upon to wage war on the Knights of the Virgin. Members are also called upon to spread the message of the order if they have the capacity.

The order regularly kidnaps beautiful women who would otherwise have been caged in the prison of chastity. The women are educated (and brainwashed if necessary) and trained to become scarlet women. They have all the rights and privileges of members of the order except for the following restrictions:
A. They cannot leave the order.
B. They can choose their sexual partners but they cannot choose to be chaste.
Most of these young women choose to stay in the order and those who are recalcitrant are enchanted by various charm spells into cooperating. They are not forced to have sex with someone they do not want to and they are not physically abused. Only non-coercive enchantment spells are used.
>>
>>46196575

DMs, for some reason, seem to often throw these my way via handsome charming men but I always play 7 cha spaghetti-falling-out-of-my-pockets characters and the game always dies anyway

So nothing has ever come from it in any game I've played
>>
>>46196630

The order is structured on democratic lines for the election of representatives to the senate and the senate then gives a charter to military commanders to carry out military operations in various areas. Men and women are equal participants in the senate and the proportion of men and women is roughly equal.

The Knights of the Virgin consider the order to be evil while more pagan persons consider them to be heroes. The Knights of the Scarlet Women have found allies among druids, thieves guilds, the fey, bards and certain demons and devils. (such as Succubi and Eriynes.)

What can be said about the morality of this controversial order? That, dear reader, is for you to judge.

What do you think?

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page2

The symbol of this knighthood is a nymph and a succubus making out so that should have shed some light on where I stand.

In real life I support gay marriage, even though I think homosexuality is unnatural (not lesbianism mind you, just homosexuality.)

In the game, this organization would frown upon men having sexual relationships with one another although women would be fully free and encouraged to do so.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page3

It seems to me that if such a knighthood were to ever exist and to seize power, whether in real life or in D&D, it would take place in a country like France.

Therefore I have decided to model the country where this revolution takes place after France. That will also be the location of the headquarters of the knighthood.
>>
>>46196488

I looked really hard at Spirit Dancer, and it did kinda seem like the way to go, but not being able to enter a new dance for a minute after your last one seems like a huge dealbreaker for me.
The longest we tend to spend in between rooms for healing is maybe 5-6 rounds, and if I decide to continue my Spirit Dance for that time so that I can keep it going in the next room, I'll run out way too fast to still have it rolling by the time I kick down the boss' door.

Plus, there's so much inconvenient shit that comes from swapping on the fly. Say I swap to Archmage, now suddenly I have to worry about Spell Failure unless I had the foresight not to wear my armor that day? Or I swap out of Champion and suddenly can't use the weapon I have in my hands anymore?

I know at 18 the post-dance penalty stops, and that's bitchin, but holy shit I can't wait until 18.

Is there some way around that annoying shit that I'm not thinking of?
>>
>>46196641

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page4

Let me start out by saying that many responders to this thread seem to take this too seriously, instead of in the spirit of humor and light-heartedness in which it was meant.

The women in this organization have full sexual freedom, they just can't choose to be chaste.

As far as the children, I am working on a spell to prevent pregnancies and to safely abort a fetus if necessary in the Birth Control and D&D thread.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page5

I never said that rape was okay.

What I said was that the Knights of the Scarlet Woman think that by kidnapping women and educating them to be sexually free they are liberating women from the bonds of chastity.

It is not exactly rape because the women are not forced to have sex involuntarily with someone. They are simply forbidden from being chaste, otherwise they retain full freedom to choose their sexual partner. If it was rape, they wouldn't retain such freedom.

I did not say full freedom, I said full sexual freedom. Sexual freedom does not include chastity.

A chaste woman is not sexually free but rather sexually suppressed.

I'm sure there will be many handsome knights in the order; there is bound to be at least one knight that catches a woman's eye.

And if you enjoy it, it's not rape.
>>
>>46196652

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page6

>Unless they're choosing to be chaste, which would imply that it's a choice, and choices usually imply freedom. That's just the basic Law of Syllogism at work.

It is freedom but not sexual freedom.

For instance, academic freedom is the freedom to do academic things.

Sexual freedom is the same way.

>A woman being attracted to her rapist does not make rape not rape.

>Enjoying it does not make rape not rape.

>Consenting makes it not rape.

Let's agree to disagree.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page7

Of course lack of consent is rape, but when the women choose which man they have sex with they are consenting.

>and when that choice becomes none of the above, what then?

Then non-coercive enchantment spells to help the woman see the light, unless she is unsatified with the option of men before her in which case the knighthood will provide her within reasonable limits with other men from which to choose.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page8

Consent depends on the relative age of the man and the woman. If a woman is an adult, (18) then she can have sex with any man regardless of his age. (except children)

Then there is the case of teenagers. Teenagers if they are within relatively the same age category would also be allowed and encouraged to have sex. (For instance a 13 yr. old girl and a 15 year old boy.)
>>
Who else here is excited for the vigilante class?
>>
What build makes for the fluffiest kitsune?
>>
>>46196665

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page8

>What exactly is a non-coercive enchantment spell that will make sure someone has sex with another person?

>And if you have to magic them into doing it, how much freedom would they actually be exercising when they do it?

An enchantment spell that does not involve intimidation, beatings etc.

I fully aware that this knighthood is evil. (Although I think they are doing a service to women.)

I am simply arguing from their side. My arguments are how they see it.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page9

I think the knighthood in it's efforts to educate and promote sexual freedom is doing a service to women.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page14

I'm sure there are plenty of suitable men available if a woman is interested in having a relationship.

I would not place any time limits, unless the woman was suspected of intentionally deceiving the order to maintain her chastity.

If a woman remained without entering into sexual relationships for too long, the knighthood would most likely take this to be an abnormal sign and investigate. Perhaps even provide some "encouragement" in the form of enchantment spells unless the woman was of high ranking and known to be trustworthy.

As a matter of fact, I have read Marquis De Sade.

The motto, "the sun shines no less brightly on you, because it shines on others" was from his works.
>>
File: 1433729109286.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1433729109286.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>46196575
I keep wanting to do one with other PCs but always end up being bros or setting them up for another PC.
>>
>>46196610
Oh jesus, I physically cringed; fuck you for reminding me this existed.
>>
>>46196674

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page16

Having children is something different than the libertine lifestyle.

It is possible for two Knights of the Scarlet Woman to get together and have children and continue their libertine lifestyle.

I play online so I do not whether the persons I play with are male or female.

There are persons of many different stripes and colors in this world.

Don't be surprised if you find persons who would want to play in a game with this sort of theme.

After all, you have already found one.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308234-Knights-of-the-Scarlet-Woman/page17

A hero could approve of the goals of the Knights of the Scarlet Woman and disapprove of their means.
>>
>>46196610
>>46196622
>>46196630
>>46196641
>>46196652
>>46196665
>>46196674
>>46196692
What a time to be alive.

Make it stop.
>>
>>46196692

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308425-Knights-of-the-Virgin

These are the villains in a tentative campaign which I am thinking of running.

Tell me what you think.

Some men wish that things be presented in a clear-cut fashion to them; that difficult choices either not be made at all or made by someone else. Such men seek to avoid the responsibility of thinking, which is a desire to avoid the responsibility of freedom. Dear reader, you have become acquainted with the Knights of the Scarlet Woman. You may have been repulsed and sought refuge in the opposite of those knights in the hopes that they would be better, but the enemy of an evil is not necessarily a good. It can be another evil. History teaches us that evil does not manifest itself openly, that the evil that is done in this world is often done in the name of so-called goodness. (since there are those who disagree with the princinples of chastity, duty, altruism etc.) I am here to tell you about one such organization that does evil in the name of alleged goodness which you should already know a few things about: the Knights of the Virgin.

These knights are the worshippers of the ideals of duty, self-sacrifice, altruism and selflessness. They see themselves as noble crusaders for good. They believe that they are led by a commander, X, (left unnamed for now) who has been sent to them from the Deity to lead them to a better tomorrow. Believing their commander to be mystically enlightened, they have sworn an oath of unconditional obedience to him. They see themselves as the chosen and all who disagree as the damned. They are supporters of a conservative social order which recognizes the proper rank and place of everyone: the priest, the aristocrat, the knight, the man, the woman etc. They oppose all secular and dissenting ideas, which to them represent the work of the devil in men’s hearts.
>>
>>46196701

The knights make entry open to all, and in fact support the drafting of all able-bodied men. They see it as the duty of every able-bodied man to fight for the holy cause which they have undertaken. The knights also support the conscription of women for breeding purposes to produce soldiers for the armies of righteousness. Their mentality manifests itself in what they consider to be wisdom. For instance, their motto is “Obedience and duty; our lives belong to the state.” One of their most revered sages has said “In childhood a woman should be dependent on her father, in youth on her husband, in old age on her children; a woman should never be independent.” Another of their mottos is, “A woman, like a walnut tree, should be beaten every day.” And if you were wondering, yes, they punish adulterers with death, as they do to homosexuals and those convicted of dissent.

Those who are members of the organization receive a set of armor with the emblems of the order. The symbol of the order is an arm holding a sword with a crown dangling from the arm like a bracelet. Members are highly respected in areas where the knights holds sway. Higher ranking members get to indulge in “aristocratic pleasures” denied to the common masses. Adventurers receive payment for any missions they do on behalf of the order. (It is possible for such adventurers to be drafted, which is sad, but is an unfortunate reality.)
>>
>>46196668
Excited and disappointed. Unfortunately more so the latter. But I'll try playing one.
>>
>>46196711

The knights are allied with certain celestial beings, certain churches and the aristocracy. Their sworn enemies are those dedicated to pagan ideals. Among these are the chief enemy of the knighthood, the Knights of the Scarlet Woman, while allies of the K.S.W. are also considered enemies. The Knights of the Virgin have been commanded to kill any K.S.W. members on sight and attack if they see anyone wearing the emblems of the enemy order. That is of course, if the knight is not high-ranking, in which case they are ordered to capture such knights and send them to the headquarters of the order to be tortured and interrogated. The Knights of the Virgin believe in honor and do not use trickery to win battles. All members have a duty to lay down their lives for the state, as the state is considered a living, breathing entity who is the Deity’s representative on earth.

The commander of the knights is appointed by the head priest who receives a vision from the deity as to the right man to lead the righteous to glorious victory. There is a military hierarchy and there is no civilian control of the military in the areas where the knighthood holds sway. The order is popular in conservative areas but shunned like the plague in pagan, secular, and liberal areas.

Sometimes reality is grim and presents men with difficult choices. This is one such choice. In a world where neither side can be called good, which will you choose, dear reader?
>>
File: 1456294796613.png (267 KB, 778x1104) Image search: [Google]
1456294796613.png
267 KB, 778x1104
>>46196701
What I THINK is that your multiple walls of copypasted text need to go away.
>>
>>46196670
Oracle with fluffy tails mystery.
>>
>>46196720
Seconded.

>>46196724
But how do you add even more fluffy to that?
>>
How would one go about making a transforming weapon using the Weapon Master's Handbook? Either a range/melee like RWBY or melee/melee like Bloodborne? Wouldn't this make a switch hitter more easier cause you don/t waste many actions switching weapons?
>>
>>46196715

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308425-Knights-of-the-Virgin/page4

I was planning to have this campaign take place in Eberron where gods don't walk the earth since I think it is more realistic for them not to.

Your sorcerer may be powerful, but that is one person.

This doesn't mean that every area in the world is enlightened, or that women are even allowed opportunities for advancement in some areas.

On the whole, women are going to be to some extent disadvantaged in my campaign. (not mechanics-wise, just story-wise.)

Although I was planning on having a number of independent and high ranking women in the K.S.W.

Edit: I also don't think physically powerful women are realistic hence it is possible that I have women use the dexterity stat instead of strength when they decide to become fighters.

Sexism is bad, but we should not forget the historical position of women and try to evade it.
>>
>>46196736

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308425-Knights-of-the-Virgin/page8

And yet, when there was a conquest by some warlord, the first thing to do after the victory was round up all the young, beautiful women and ravish them.

D&D is like theater or fiction writing. Both men and women can write fiction or engage in theater, but to ignore the realities of history is not going to allow me to run the type of campaign I want. I am interested in running a campaign which people can relate to and to deal with issues similar to those dealt with on the earth.

And women have opportunities in this campaign. It is possible for women to rise through the ranks of the Knights of the Scarlet Woman.

The setting may be fictional, but even in a fictional setting I would like to see some resemblence to life on this earth and the struggles of people living on this earth.
>>
File: 1458206212637.png (94 KB, 680x754) Image search: [Google]
1458206212637.png
94 KB, 680x754
>>46196736
>>
>>46196746

www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308425-Knights-of-the-Virgin/page9

Yes, if a woman wanted to overthrow these knightly orders through brute force, the way a conqueror would attempt to, she would have no chance.

Guile is another matter.

As far as the campaign being about men looking to get laid, I can only repeat what another poster has said in some other thread: there is better porn on the internet.

The purpose of the story was not so much about women, although they enter into the story, but about sexual morality and two opposing views of life.

The secular, liberal, pagan view and the conservative, religious view.

These knighthoods are two evil organizations, but each follows one of these philosophies.

Now it is true that neither of them are good, because the conflict here was never between good vs. evil.

Now with the entrance of PCs into the events that are transpiring, things become different because the PCs can make choices and choose to be good.

It also provides for an interesting campaign since it creates a conflict of values within the PCs.

www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308425-Knights-of-the-Virgin/page10

The order's logic goes something like this:

If men are being conscripted to fight in the army, why shouldn't women be conscripted to produce children to fight in the army?

Most RW believers in chastity praise women who have many children so there is no conflict.

They are going to be worshipping a virgin as their deity. (Similar to the Virgin Mary)

Not to mention they're anti-sex.

www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?308425-Knights-of-the-Virgin/page11

They are anti-sex because they believe that sex is evil and that a person should only have sex for reproductive purposes and not for fun.

Religious conservatives in the America believe in promoting family values and having lots of children and they are anti-sex so the apparent conflict between being anti-sex and pro-family (at least allegedly pro-family) doesn't exist.
>>
>>46196575
>First for romantic subplots and conflicts! Were there any in your games?

Oh god

>Running my game, players enjoying the NPC interactions (I guess they're not used to this much RP)
>One player is getting more and more interested in an NPC his character is friends with
>As soon as she's off-screen he's like "lol imma grab her tittays!" and shit. In character.

Why.
>>
>>46196732
Go with the Lunar mystery, get a tube fox as an animal companion!
>>
File: 1433527706110.png (112 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1433527706110.png
112 KB, 540x540
> Downloaded all the core Pathfinder stuff
> Spent the last two weeks reading all the core stuff
> Have like eight ideas for characters
> mfw never get to use a single one because I don't know anyone interested in Pathfinder
>>
File: forbidden.jpg (109 KB, 1259x705) Image search: [Google]
forbidden.jpg
109 KB, 1259x705
>>46196641
>In real life I support gay marriage, even though I think homosexuality is unnatural (not lesbianism mind you, just homosexuality.)
>>
>>46196575
I romanced and married Ameiko in Jade Regent, does that count?

Also, our bard is presently being seduced towards fluffy tail. It's interesting to watch, because said fluffy tail never reveals fluffy tail while he's watching.
>>
>>46196768

Makes sense though
>>
>>46196762
Could be worse.

You could ONLY know people interested in playing Pathfinder.
>>
>>46196778

Are you me? I keep trying to get people to play Shadowrun, but the only thing my group wants is more Pathfinder. Gets fucking annoying sometimes.
>>
File: 1409387363485.jpg (137 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1409387363485.jpg
137 KB, 600x600
>>46196778
>>
File: Judge_Death.jpg (180 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Judge_Death.jpg
180 KB, 500x500
Can anyone suggest to me any death related curses I can inflict upon people? Not sure if I can outright make a kill curse, but more along the lines of something that lead to death through hysteria, being malnourished, losing the will to live, etc etc. But in more flavorful ways that would invoke dread upon a populace.
>>
File: 55159733_p0.jpg (503 KB, 700x930) Image search: [Google]
55159733_p0.jpg
503 KB, 700x930
What PoW disciplines should the martial traditions for the Knights of the Scarlet Woman and the Knights of the Virgin use?
>>
>>46196804
They're kind of lame, but the Linnorm Death Curses that a barbarian can lay do the effect?
>>
>>46196762
>Download all official Pathfinder stuff
>Spend two weeks reading all of it
>Have 5 different character ideas
>One by one realise that they are all nonviable for a variety of reasons.

I love the idea of an ascetic style/jabbing style thrown weapon unchained monk, but it needs too many feats to work.

I like the look of the kensai magus, but the slashing grace errata killed all my interest in it.

Synthesist summoner caught my eye, but you can't take pounce if your eidolon is bipedal, and the only interest I have in synthesist summoner is getting as many arms as I can to jump on my enemies with a ludicrous storm of attacks

Mounted barbarian looked cool, but Paizo nerfed the lance damage, so fuck that.

The idea I'm currently sitting on is an ifrit blaster sorcerer, and already the sheer power difference between HP damage spells and all other spells is disconcerting.

I hate myself
>>
>>46196610
Thats fucking gay, and this is coming from me, a lover of huge mandingo hog.
>>
>>46196778
I just want to play L5R, but noooo, there's so much weaboo stuff in Pathfinder already, so why don't we use pathfinder?

Fuck that shit
>>
>>46196823
The important thing is to tuck the ideas away somewhere safe until you have access to material that actually lets you have fun.
>>
>>46196824
Don't respond, faggot, just report and move on.
>>
>>46196832
I'd play L5R with you, anon!

Unless you're one of those guys who gets way too into Winter Court, in which case fuck you.
>>
>>46196864
>Don't respond, faggot, just report and move on.
Cry some more.
>>
>>46196862
>material that actually lets you have fun
As 4/5 of his ideas include hitting things to death, I'm gonna shill Path of War.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war
>>
>>46196899
SO YOU ADMIT IT, SHILL! HOW MUCH IS GARETH PAYING YOU? And how can I get the job?
>>
>>46196914
>HOW MUCH IS GARETH PAYING YOU?
Last payment was 180 pages of FUN.
>>
File: reimu donations_2.gif (616 KB, 320x100) Image search: [Google]
reimu donations_2.gif
616 KB, 320x100
>>46196914
>implying DSP has money
>>
File: flip.gif (549 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
flip.gif
549 KB, 1200x800
>>46196952
I haven't eaten in /days/.

Not really, I just couldn't leave the joke sitting there unsaid.

Why the fuck am I still awake?
>>
>>46196914
Gareth paid me in allowing me to make a Harbinger archetype without attempting ritualized murder on me.
>>
>>46196978
He already committed a murder by making the Ravenlord archetype.
>>
What can a party of level 4 PoW characters (Belluspex, Harbinger, Warlord, Zealot, Zweihander Sentinel) do to defeat a young template (-1 CR) succubus who could be anywhere in a metropolis?
>>
>>46197032
They have absolutely no remarkable power outside of combat so they're fucked and can do nothing except beg the GM for help.
>>
>>46197017
This was worth staying up for.

>>46197032
> Belluspex

Oh god I still need to fix the math on her...
>>
File: succubi.png (1 MB, 1144x613) Image search: [Google]
succubi.png
1 MB, 1144x613
>>46197032
Why would you do that?
>>
>>46196899
Is there a path of war school of maneuvers or class that assists in my goal of getting loads of melee attacks all at once?
>>
>>46197045

But every PoW class is T3, so that can't be so
>>
>>46197077
epic meme m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>46197057
Riven Hourglass might get you the most attacks in one round, outside of having a dozen natural attacks.
>>
>>46197057
Well, no, Path of War is meant to give you alternates to fullattacking. That said, Riven Hourglass helps with action economy.
>>
>>46197057
Riven Hourglass' capstone is literally "take a turn's worth of actions as one immediate action".
>>
>>46197056
Why not?
>>
>>46197032
To be really unimaginative, UMD and a wand of locate creature.

Then just beat the shit out of anybody who gets in the way while you're tracking her down.
>>
>>46197154
Locate Creature needs you to have seen the creature up close.
>>
So I just got done looking at everyting on the Warder, Fiendbound Marauder, and the 3 Disciplines associated with it... and I must say it looks freaking crazy. You just end up with this big AoE of 'YOU SHALL NOT PASS!' and if anyone tries anything they are slowed, smacked in the face, and/or worse.

I hadn't looked at PoW related content before today but I really want to sit down and make a Warder now.
>>
>>46197050
Could you please give us your opinion on >>46196610 ?
>>
>>46197190
And also Gareth's opinion on >>46196810 ?
>>
>>46197190
pls do not bait the tripfags
>>
>>46197190
>>46197195
Fuck off lads, messing around with DSP has already caused enough of a shitstorm in the past month.
>>
File: 1445482051063.png (277 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1445482051063.png
277 KB, 444x440
>>46197190
I've seen worse worldbuilding but I don't even know where to start on a formal critique.
>>
>>46196610
As a girl, that is a fucking nightmare. as a deviant, that's my jam.
>>
>>46197207
>I've seen worse worldbuilding
Dear god where?
>>
File: A10.jpg (61 KB, 1000x318) Image search: [Google]
A10.jpg
61 KB, 1000x318
>>46197182
Odd, my favorite parts about the Warder are what a Hawkguard offers ranged characters.

Then again, I'm a simple man of simple pleasures...
>>
>>46197223
I read all four Twilight books, anon.

All. Four.
>>
>>46197098
>>46197111
>>46197121
Ugh, I don't want to have to create an account on a thing in order to buy a Pathfinder book
>>
>>46197232
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444869-Dreamscarred-Press-Path-of-War-Expanded!-)
>>
>>46197231
There's five, Gareth! Come back after you've read Midnight Sun!
>>
>browsing last thread
>some guy is impersonating me and being a huge dick
>someone else admits that air kinetistist is tier 4
I'm really not sure how to feel about this.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 193x261
>>46197207

Well played
>>
>>46197244
God no.
>>
>>46196575
Very blustery barbarian whose player is basically of the mindset that "RIP AND TEAR" is the best way to play any character fell in love with our summoner after he saw said summoner call out his eidolon for the first time. The eidolon then pretty much proceeded to murdering everything with far greater efficiency and gore than even the barb could hope to attempt.

The barbarian then proceeded to try and seduce the summoner: bringing him flowers, offering to set up camp, take his watch shift if the barbarian hadn't pulled fire guard already.

Summoner tells barbarian eventually to fuck off because there's more to life than murder and the barbarian pretty much deflates and leaves him alone after a while.

But then we notice something. The barbarian stops needlessly picking fights. He stops goading the summoner to call on his eidolon at unnecessary times. He even starts picking up the cleric's book and learns to read (he's particularly fond of 'The Location of the Things Moste Untame'). He starts voicing opinions on things that don't end with ripping, tearing, or any such deviation. We're all thrown for a loop, but this is the most nuanced this player's ever portrayed any of his characters.

We eventually have a lull in the campaign and everyone else goes their separate ways in the town. Summoner goes off to buy some spell components and takes barbarian with him. What was initially meant to just be a quick little jaunt is interrupted by the local mage's guild fucking around.
>>
>>46196575
I have several potential romantic NPC.

Two male (one half elf and hiding it, the other human) and three female (half orc, human, and elf).
>>
>>46197270
>>46196575

Half the town is turned into frogs, the barbarian included, as well as the wizard who cast the spell to begin with. After locating Archmage Crokington, he tells us that only two ways exist to reverse the spell: a magic stone he found in a nearby marsh that he'd returned when he thought he understood the nature of the magic, and true love's kiss (our GM loves her fairy tail tropes.). After hearing this, the summoner smirks and picks up our frogbarian. "At least all of us can be there to help with this quest." He kisses the barbarian and the spell is broken.

The barbarian, stunned and overjoyed, kisses him back and brags about winning the summoner' heart the rest of the quest and sort of following the summoner around like a puppy dog. The two have been going steady since then and it's kind of cute to see them play off each other.
>>
>>46197207
>>46197207
I never asked. What process do you guys go through for freelancers? Like if someone has material they want to publish through you guys do you have a process for it? A pitch? Something formal or does it depend? I swear I'm asking for a friend
>>
File: shacow.png (192 KB, 383x311) Image search: [Google]
shacow.png
192 KB, 383x311
>>46197231
Good gods, man.
What were you thinking?
>>
File: Customer Service B.jpg (20 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Customer Service B.jpg
20 KB, 225x225
>>46197331
My parents raised me not to bitch about books I haven't read. This has lead to many painful experiences in my life.

>>46197301
Generally, someone sends a pitch to Andreas or one of our authors. We REALLY PREFER that it be sent to Andreas but sometimes a person working on a project sees something promising in the threads or in homebrew and wants to bring a writer on board.

At that point, generally, you're brought on board. We give you the crash course in who has what responsibilities and then unleash the team on you, which is a lot like getting attacked by a swarm of angry, drunk puppies that are happy to see you, yet consumed by the hate in their withered hearts. We help you refine the pitch into something that can be playtested, at which point we unleash it on the public and support you through and with the playtesting process.

Right now we're a little leery on accepting new 'lancers. The folks that work with us tend to get a bit...adopted? They're brought into the internal chat, they hang around and participate in projects other than the one they were brought on for, that kind of thing. A lot of times a new or inexperienced 'lancer gets partnered with a more experienced designer, who shows them the ropes and helps teach them. That's how I came to work with Matt (Bloodforge; currently spearheading Bloodforge 2: Forge Harder) and Alex (Lords of the Night; currently contributing to Steelforge). Jeff, the 'lancer heading up Monster Classes, was partnered with Forrest for similar reasons.

Don't be afraid to send a pitch in. The worst thing that happens is we tell you no, or "not right now". And, from the perspective of boosting your odds on getting published, check into other 3pps and how they take pitches and ideas. I'm given to understand that our process is a bit...idiosyncratic.

I hope I was helpful. Were there further questions?
>>
File: hopeless.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hopeless.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>46197282
>Not one battleship
The fuck, man?

Seriously though... What's... *wrong* with all of these love interests after the party? You know, what makes each one fun for everybody ELSE?
>>
>>46197331
>"I'm gonna get tons of pussy after I discuss this with my girlfriend!"
>>
>>46197374
I have no idea what you're asking
>>
>>46197374
>This
Adventurers are already fucked in the head. No one in their right mind wakes up in the morning and goes "Hey, here's a GREAT idea, let's wade in possibly-undead corpses for the next 34 hours without sleep, in a place where the environment itself wants us fucking dead in hopes that the dragon fails to eat us so we can steal all of its cash". You've gone well beyond "cat burglar" and into the realm of the bizzare.

When adventurers go looking for love, if love is to be capable of loving back, chances are it's *precisely* the abyss staring back into them.

No one who understands what that adventurer is all about day-in-day-out and falls in love without being at least just as fucked up.
>>
>>46197231
Did your significant other promise significant physical rewards for doing so?

That's pretty much the only reason I can think of why you'd subject yourself to such torment.
>>
>>46197447
See >>46197373
>>
>>46197414
What I simply wants to know is "what's the catch" with all of these people.

Like, is one of the NPC romantic interests the local "cat slasher", refilling the coolers of her Iguana-Bits stand with Mr.Fluffles and Hobo alike?

Is the local baron's daughter up for grabs to the commoner paladin because she's a twisted little spinster with expensive tastes in tongue slippers?

Is the local acolyte girl wishing for a life on the road where her husband mistreats her and leaves her to be captured and raped at the surface while he explores dark dungeons with his other male buddies?

Does the Tavern Wench sniff glue, and only men from out of town would fail to know how soft she truly is (in the head)?
>>
>>46197447
I understand where Gareth's coming from.

Fuck, I watched Equestria Girls just so I could be 100% secure in my loathing of it.
>>
>>46197373
Thank you. I'm just some goober who wants to write AP making heavy use of PoW is a setting I designed. Honestly I did not realize how integrated it would be, thought it would be more independent with check ins for approvals.

The crunch it has are the following (crunch being for PC use rules):
>Pieces of Truth and Realizations
Subsystem that assigns curtains objective, pieces of information, and documents a value. These value contribute to an understanding of the mechanics behind the overarching plot (the plot is big on hidden information and intrigue). Once an item is attained checks are associated with getting the value, and certain NPCs needed to give the realizations, except under certain conditions (which I will explain next)
>two prestige classes
These classes interact with the AP as they can produce realizations. Realizations not give information but also contribute buffs. For instance one could use the Reasearch class feature to spend an hour dissecting a corpse. This gives bonuses similar to Favored Enemy to allies he lectures too for a duration. There are two because one is meant for casters, the other for initiators. (Researcher and Field Researcher). Other class features generally make it a buffing theme'd prestige class with OOC knowledge based abilities.
>discipline
Introduced in book three (planned place) a discipline that is based almost entirely on debuffing and battlefield control. Fluffed as created by ancient fallen troglodyte civilization, making use of their physiology to produce mucus/bile/pus.

This turned out what longer than expected. This isn't supposed to be a pitch. I just ended up writing a lot.
>>
>>46197455
The priest is a cripple obsessed with self mutilation, the councilman's son is running from home due to oppressive expectations, the mercenary is gruff and far to willing to kill for coin, the princess may be a demon, the spy is obsessively loyal to her boss.
>>
>>46197486
Also this post should teach me to never type on a phone again.
>>
>>46197373
>Bloodforge 2: Forge Harder
Why not Bloodforge 2: Blood for the Forge God?
>>
File: 1451679415089.jpg (59 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1451679415089.jpg
59 KB, 500x332
Would anyone happen to have the Dark Oak module pdf?
>>
>>46197486
We've found communication to be beneficial to the team as a whole. Hell, we've found /teamwork/ to be beneficial to the team as a whole. I dunno how other 3pps operate - I've never worked for one and I don't wanna go on hearsay - but the bossmen like to let folks stretch their ideas. Ultimately, we can teach people a lot of things. We can teach system mastery, we can teach spelling. We can walk you though RAW, wording fixes, and math.

But we can't teach you to have decent fucking ideas, and so that's what we look to cultivate. In close relation to that, we look for folks that can work with the team, who are teachable & willing to accept critique, and who have an enthusiasm for writing and for the game.

I'm not gonna lie, there's elements of the idea you've laid out that don't thrill me. In particular, AP-locked PrCs & Discs sound like they end in blood - and that's leaving aside the uphill sell that APs have right now, considering how...poorly...our current one has gone, is going, and will likely continue to go.

It's not a 'no', just like your post isn't a pitch, but keep those things in mind if you decide to move forward, yeah?
>>
>>46197547
>>46197547
Sounds good. I've also seen the issue APs have had. Even Paizo's official ones are not doing great. Honestly if I were to actually pitch something to all it wouldn't be that. The prestige classes would be made to be AP neutral (because otherwise they end up like those occult classes with their weird setting specific class abilities). As for the disc, that's probably just selfish desire to include it because I liked designing it.

I always considered APs more about the actual story and what not, but honestly things like encounter progression, as I've designed it thus far, have become very obviously important to make easy to run for others (have been working with another guy to see if he can run encounters and editing from there). But yes, beyond sub systems and what not I likely, if I pitched it, would pitch the story and not the mechanics. People don't generally play an AP for a prestige class (as far as I've seen).
>>
>>46197587
That being said likely it'd be better to do an actual set of rules instead of an AP. have you guys considered specie's disciplines? Developed for their use but used able by others (would apply a bonus if the actual species used it but generally cross species). It seems like you could do interesting stuff with Gnoll group hunting, hobgoblin legionnaires, troglodyte savages, and the like. Though PoW:E did just come out, obviously things there are moving forward.
>>
>>46197609
Not in particular, no. Conceptually it's kinda highly narrow. Consider for a moment that Flux was originally proposed as four /separate/ elemental disciplines, and concepts like "fire" were considered too zoomed-in to warrant an entire disc. Homebrew's one thing, but for formal publication stuff like "troglodytes" or "vampires in particular" aren't broad enough of concept for us to feel confident in writing it and then asking for people's money over it.
>>
>>46197619
It seems no narrower than say Black Seraph which is, to my understanding, devil inspired (taught to mortals by Devils). Taking physiology as a starting point and moving from there to create a larger discipline seems around the same level of complexity. In the design space occupied with Mithril Current as well.

I understand elements as narrow concepts, species not so much. Though I can never remember us PoW uses golarion as its assumed setting. The difficult thing would be it would need you to take inspiration from their fluff as to how they would develop a fighting style, and that really relies on specific setting assumptions. Setting agnosticism is hard when dealing with species.

And in much the same way there are sub schools for spells, has anyone at DSP thought about subdisciplines in some reguard? I'm curious.
>>
>>46197660
Black Seraph is a fucking mess, probably don't choose it as your hill, mate.
>>
>>46197660
Seraph & Crane are not necessarily examples to be followed in terms of breadth. Nothing we write can reference Golarion - it's Paizo's IP and very rightfully so - and does its best not to assume a setting of any kind.

Subdisciplines and expanding existing disciplines has come up before but there's not much interest in either one, for Various Reasons.

Now I must try to get some sleep. Operative word: try. I feel like hell - I hope I've been helpful. If there's still questions, I'll be back just after noon or so.
>>
>>46197677
Flavor wise or crunch wise? Only gone over it for crunch so never used it myself. It seemed to have a big variance in abilities and had a problem because intimidating is too easy.
>>
>>46197688
Of course, that makes sense. Didn't know what you all got at 3pp developers, but what you're saying rings true. Yes, go to sleep Gareth.
>>
>>46197045
Or they could roll skill checks and roleplay. Not every problem needs magic to solve.
>>
>>46197777
>rolling skill checks
>against a succubus
>>
>>46197808
They can always ERP until she repents, redeems and becomes good.
Or not.
>>
>>46197808
That is how evil survives

>>46197860
Stop being a freak
>>
>>46198056
Stop being on fleek
>>
>>46197777
It's not that skill checks CAN'T solve the problem, it's that it'd be three times easier with magic.
>>
>>46197808
Well, let's see. A hostile succubus' relevant skill DCs are:

Diplomacy (to improve attitude) DC 33
Bluff DC 14-33
Intimidate DC 20
Knowledge (planes) DC 17
Sense Motive DC 28 to 47
Perception (vs disguise) DC 30 to 49
Perception (vs stealth) DC 15 to 34
Survival (to track in an urban environment) DC 20 + 1/day

Diplomacy is tough but definitely doable by a specialist. Lying to her is pretty easy for her CR band, all things considered. She's cowed by Intimidate really easily. It's not exceptionally difficult to know things about succubi. Her Stealth is firmly average. If she's walking (say, because her disguise doesn't justify flight) she's really easy to tail.

Sense Motive checks are a lot harder unless you have multiple specialists (which very few groups do) pumping points into it. Seeing through her disguise is pretty damn unlikely, unless you have a specific effect to counter it.

So... not really that bad. Lies are hard to see through, so you can't really trust anything she tells you unless she's submitted to lie revealing magic for some reason. Other than that most skills haven't really fallen off in success rates yet.
>>
>>46198221
But how will you identify the succubus in the first place?
>>
is there a feat or something that will allow my monk to add dexterity to unarmed damage?
>>
>>46198571
First party options would be Amulet of Mighty fists with the Agile enhancement, 3 levels in Unchained Rogue, or somehow making your fist deal slashing damage (I'm sure there's a way somewhere) and taking Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus, and Slashing Grace.

Third party, Deadly Agility from Path of War.
>>
File: Dean.png (104 KB, 200x276) Image search: [Google]
Dean.png
104 KB, 200x276
Question
Can I use Solar Wind boosts with Ranged Touch Attacks? Like say, a surge blast?
>>
File: 1453244304303.jpg (147 KB, 743x529) Image search: [Google]
1453244304303.jpg
147 KB, 743x529
Man, wishcrafters looks like a ton of fun to play as.
Such a shame that they're completely useless.
>>
So, do archetypes that *decrease* the tier of the class exist?
>>
>>46198899
Yes.
>>
>>46198899
Yes
>>
>>46198899
Yes. Like that one Caster Fighter arcgetype from AA, or most of the Magus archetypes that diminish spells, and the new shapeshifting Alchemist from UI
>>
>>46198627
>Deadly Agility from Path of War.
That's all I needed to hear. Thanks dude
>>
There are too many fucking spells and talents
what the fuck should i choose at first level
>>
I've been looking at this particular item:

> Ring of Djinni Calling
>Aura strong conjuration; CL 17th
>Slot ring; Price 125,000 gp; Weight —
>Description
>This “genie” ring serves as a special gate by means of which a specific djinni can be called from the Plane of Air. When the ring is rubbed (a standard action), the call goes out, and the djinni appears on the next round. The djinni faithfully obeys and serves the wearer of the ring, but never for more than 1 hour per day. If the djinni of the ring is ever killed, the ring becomes non-magical and worthless.

Am I reading it wrong, or is this thing kind of overpriced for what you're getting? You're paying 125000 gold for what amounts to a CR5 helper that has shitty SLAs and can't hold their own in a fight, and has only limited use as a scout or similar because if it gets in trouble and dies, then the ring becomes worthless and your 125000gp just went down the drain.

I could see it being a bit more useful if the djinni you summon was the upgraded version that grants three wishes, as that primarily turns the item into a ring of three wishes (which, at 120000gp, is very similarly priced), but as it is, the item seems pretty not worth it.

Am I missing something about this? Is the djinni supposed to be the 3-wish type?
>>
>>46198985
Skill focus(basketweaving)
>>
What's the best class? I want to play that one.
>>
>>46198985
toughness, improved initiative
>>
>>46199009
Seriously there's nothing better?
>>
>>46199069
Depends entirely one what your character is and what you want to do, idiot. Power attack is a great feat, but not if you're a wizard with 7 strength.
>>
>>46199069
you didn't even say what class you are.
>>
>>46199112
I need something for a wizard
i think
>>
>>46199135
Toughness because you have the smallest hit die. Improved initiative is uber for a wizard because going first means you cast spells before the enemy gets to act so what happens if you cast a stinking cloud on first action before the enemy does anything? they are fucked. Battle over.

Get Defensive Casting at level 3 or 5 depending if you are human or not.
>>
>>46199165
Ok got it.
>>
>>46198998
Bard
>>
>>46198998
GM's Girlfriend.
It comes with a built-in penalty to INT and WIS, but you're so blessed by the gods during actual sessions that it more than makes up for it.
>>
Which race makes the best unchained monk?
>>
>>46198698

No. It has to bee one of the ranged weapon groups that aren't siege.

>>46198899

Metamorph for the alchemist.
>>
>>46199165
It also means if you plan to use a touch spell like a ray you CANNOT MISS.
Flat footed touch AC means you get basically nothing but deflection bonuses and monk bonuses.

People forget you aren't just flat footed in a surprise round, but rather until you take your first turn.
>>
>>46199565
I mean, a low level (1-4) wizard with an 18 Dex (being REAL generous here) still misses an AC of 10 on a 5 or lower (4 once they get their first point of BAB).

Pretty reliable, but I'd hardly call a 20-25% chance "CANNOT MISS"
>>
>>46199614
It's an exaggeration maybe, but not one that bothers me.
>>
>>46199565
>>46199614
I'm not profecient enough with the rules to understand what you guys are saying
>>
Reposting to get more advice on this build.

I'm looking into playing a tiefling that dual wields repeating crossbows. I would be taking five levels in gunslinger (bolt ace archetype) for dex to damage and better crits.

A) I know the build is suboptimal, whilst I'm looking for it to be fun I don't want to be completely useless in combat. Will I be at least moderately useful I.e. tier 4?

B) can I get iterative attacks whilst dual wielding repeating crossbows? As I understand it, I can make iterative attacks with my main weapon as normal and need to take the improved two-weapon fighting feat for iteratives with my off-hand.

C) I'm probably going to be going with two light repeating crossbows. Are these superior to the double crossbow? I think so, given that the double crossbow's to hit penalty would be obscene. Magic enhancements would be as high a to-hit bonus as possible. The minotaur double crossbow looks good as well, but I'm not sure what the to-hit penalty would be since it might be oversized?

D) what class should I go into after gunslinger 5? My main choice will be two levels of alchemist for multiple arms, and then maybe fighter for the relevant TWF feats. I would also get one level of wizard focused in the divination for school for the totally balanced prescience power, and enabling me to use gravity bow wands without a failure chance.

It's be using the Faultspawn Tiefling (+2 dex, +2 wis, -2 int), with either the prehensile tail feat (if the DM allows that to reload my crossbows) or two levels of alchemist for vestigial arms (which would nullify the -2 penalty for firing one-handed). 20 point buy would be a stat spread of 10/20dex/13con/10/14wis/8 after adjustments, then boosting con at level 4.

Magic items of note would be two +1 repeating light crossbows, bracers of falcon's aim (combined with crossbow training from gunslinger 5 my crossbows would have crit threats of 19-20/x4), a wand of gravity bow, and maybe a cyclops helm.
>>
>>46199313
Dwarf i suppose for the saves.
>>46199654
We are talking about the chance of hitting with a ray spell, like ray of frost, enervation or ray of sickening. "Flat Footed" people don't get dex or dodge bonuses to armor class, so dodgey people are easier to hit. Touch spells ignore armor, so they only have dodgey abilities. If a flat footed person is targeted with a touch spell they are easy to hit.
>>
>>46199658
>bracers of falcon's aim (combined with crossbow training from gunslinger 5 my crossbows would have crit threats of 19-20/x4),
By raw, they don't stack.
>>
>>46199658
Your path will be a difficult one but if your DM lets you reload with prehensile tail it could potentially be an effective damage dealing build.
>>
Houserule on me, /pfg/:
How would you make Monk ACTUALLY have good AC?
>>
>>46199697
Gonna need to see the ruling. One replaces, one modifies. Only a madman who cared about order of operations wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>46199742
Either dex to damage or strength to AC and 25-32pb. Honestly the ability to have two stats to AC can be a powerful force, armor normally has that pesky dex limit, but monk stuff stacks with just about anything and lets you use two stats! A potion of mage armor, maybe one of shield or items that provide armor/shield bonuses in addition the the standard deflect/natural bonuses can lead to a pretty solid AC, the only thing holding monks back is the difficulty of getting all this stuff and the damage stats/damage items they need.
>>
>>46196610
I remember this, and it's still pretty much magical realm
>>
>>46199697
"Furthermore, when she scores a critical hit with that type of crossbow, her critical modifier increases by 1 (a x2 becomes a x3, for example)."

"the critical multiplier for your bows and crossbows becomes 19-20/x3.
This effect does not stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon, such as the Improved Critical feat or a keen weapon."

I guess it depends on which one you apply first - it seems a bit odd to me that these would not stack. Essentially the magic item would be suppressing the effect of your training.

I feel that this is an example where the magic item text was worded poorly and most DMs would be generous, especially when dealing with builds that are not overpowered such as the dual-wield crossbow ones.
>>
>>46196562
>knightly orders

None yet. I've been unable to really think of any.

There are the Iron Sons, a bandit group who are waging a war against their forest's local Fey and almost act like a knightly order at times, in terms of sheer organization and hierarchy.
>>
>>46199813
But it only says it doesn't stack with things that improve the threat range. This improves critical multiplier, not threat range.
>>
>>46199742
Pick one to use Wis+1 times per day;

Immediate action 10ft movement in response to an attack being committed against you but before it can hit.

"You didn't really hit me" anime ability: standard action revert all damage taken since last turn.

Double either your Dex to AC or your Wis to AC for the round as a free action. And add one of them to your damage.

Attempt any combat maneuver as an AoO after an enemy commits to attacking you but before they hit.
>>
>>46199858
I agree, I believe the point of contention comes down to the wording of the bracers:
"the critical multiplier for your bows and crossbows becomes 19-20/x3"
So there is argument over whether this prevents any alteration of the critical stuff whatsoever, since whilst the gunslinger might have an ability that improves crits that ability would be overridden by the bracers, since the bracers say the modifier "becomes 19-20/x3", not the modifier "is improved by one step/the threat range increased".

I don't agree with that ruling, but it's worth trying to see where a DM would be coming from if they ruled that the item and ability didn't stack.
>>
>>46198499
Brute force! Just keep having sex with hot girls until one of them kills you!
>>
>>46200238

What if the succubus doesn't have to have sex with you.

What if none of them want to have sex with you.
>>
If I use planar binding to summon a succubus and make her agree to have sex with me is it rape?

Which one of us was raped?
>>
>>46200326
yes
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (1 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
1 KB, 210x230
>>46200326

>Fucking a succubus

There are better uses of limitless cosmic power, anon.
>>
>>46200326
Well if she agrees to perform the service in exchange for a gift like say 5000 gold it's not rape right.
>>
File: star wars re roll.jpg (190 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
star wars re roll.jpg
190 KB, 600x800
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cyclops-helm

"Once per day as an immediate action, the wearer can choose the result of the die roll instead of rolling her next attack roll, saving throw, skill check, or ability check."

Given that initiative rolls are an ability check, does this mean I can take 20 on my initiative roll once per day?

Pic related.
>>
>>46200326
>>Put a gun to a woman's head
>>"I'll let you go if you fuck me"

Consent acquired by threat of force is hardly consent. The real question is whether of not Succubi can have rights and protections like humans int he real world.

Congrats on making a question that might derail the thread totally, though.
>>
>>46200475
That's not how planar binding works.

Smart arcane binders often make deals with the creatures they call. Like clerics using planar ally, they bargain and shower the outsider with gifts in exchange for their services. While it is always good for an arcane spellcaster to make these deals from a position of strength, it is much better to get the outsider to come to mutually agreed upon terms for the service, rather than forcing it to commit actions against its nature or desires.
>>
File: WIZARD WIZARDING.png (491 KB, 808x912) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD WIZARDING.png
491 KB, 808x912
>>46200410
Indeed there are.

Summon succubi AND angels!
>>
>>46200580

Anon please, we all know the only good outsider to summon for breeding purposes is the Ghaele Azata.
>>
>>46200298
What does "want" have to do with it?
>>
>>46198499
Have your party's Chosen One Detect Evil.
>>
>>46200410
Like hand-sculpted waifus, as a previous thread established.
>>
Could someone post the Skinshaper Druid archetype from Ultimate Intrigue?
>>
>>46200687
>being this retarded
0/10
>>
>>46200410
>No sense of could or should.
>>
>>46200727
Well, Chosen Ones do have a starting age of 15, so it's no wonder they haven't finished school yet.

Unless of course that's not what you meant in which case nevermind.
>>
>>46200326
That begs the question: could I summon succubi or their equivalent celestials and use them to create a brood of half-fiend or half-celestial children to help me conquer the world? I mean, time won't be an issue, since I'm an immor(t)al wizard and all.
>>
>>46200623
Xanderghul pls return and lead us into a new age of prosperity and muscle wizard domination
>>
The enchanted glass offered by the stained glass champions, what is it?
>>
>>46200785
>Xanderghul pls go and stay go

FTFY
>>
>>46200785
Shoo-shoo, gains goblin
>>
>>46200785
He really does look kind of like a pillar man.
>>
Is there any way for an oracle to progress a familiar?

I kind of want to make a kitsune Chosen One Paladin/Wrecking Mysticism Oracle oradin build.
>>
>Always play Bards
>Want change of pace
>Play religious fanatic Cleric, lv 10
>Party has a barbarian and a psion
>Generic evil lich campaign
How do Cleric? Since there's a lot of undead, do I max out on CoP:Evil?
>>
PATH OF WAR EXPANDED IN THE TROVE

WHEN
H
E
N
>>
>>46200901

Apparently the Clockwork mystery offers one-specifically, the Clockwork Messenger revelation.
>>
>>46200989
Oh and my characters domains are War/Glory. CG alignment.
>>
>>46199658
See
>>46193941
>>
File: 1348847730443_194.jpg (121 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
1348847730443_194.jpg
121 KB, 359x305
>all this talk of breeding succubus and celestial
>mfw one of my theorycraft builds was an Aasimar with Eldritch Heritage: Abyssal
>was never sure of an exact build, kept flip-flopping between Oracle, Paladin, and Bard
>had another build that was a demon-spawn tiefling with the celestial Bloodrager bloodline

Stupid characters are the most fun things to make in this game.
>>
File: 1430441008297.jpg (89 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
1430441008297.jpg
89 KB, 640x462
>>46201015
Why must you say such hurtful things to me.

Mornin' /pfg/.
>>
>>46201289
I'm even poorer than DSP gareth.
>>
>>46201015
I just waiting for the Errata to be put in the SRD myself.
>>
File: 1375964790698.gif (409 KB, 1067x720) Image search: [Google]
1375964790698.gif
409 KB, 1067x720
>>46196575
I mentioned it about a dozen times in this thread, but heck, why not again, since you're asking.
>CE (formerly CN) elf girl
>had a long romance arc with a NE NPC ruler of a minor realm who was before that her close friend and even further before that a guy whom we suspected of being the BBEG
>she with his knowledge and consent murdered his son and wife by choking them in their sleep with a pillow
>he designated her as the lead investigator on the case, surprisingly, no traces were found and it was written off on political enemies
>as their engagement rings, they have a custom paired item that lets them communicate telepathically over any distance
>they will probably soon marry
Living the dream.
>>
>>46201289
I've already ordered a physical copy.
Its nice to have instant access to a pdf from a unified location, however. The Trove is a useful tool for when I'm not on my main computer.
>>
>>46201289

We always hurt the ones we love.
>>
>>46201334
>>46201426
Lessons I keep needing to learn but haven't yet: don't attempt jokes before my caffeine.
>>
>>46201015
TWO WEEKS
W
O

W
E
E
K
S
>>
>>46201289
Meh, it's not like I'd pay for that garbage.
>>
Does anyone have that explanation of how to Build-A-Waifu using shape stone/stone to flesh/alter memory/ect?
I need to explain to my GM my wizard's long term goal.
>>
File: 1441112018639.png (70 KB, 230x197) Image search: [Google]
1441112018639.png
70 KB, 230x197
>>46201289
>Why must you say such hurtful things to me.

He wasn't talking to you, Gareth.
>>
>>46201517
Generally, it involves either animating a construct from a statue and then using awaken construct or accepting that the DC 15 fortitude save on un-petrifying means that you'll need to try a bunch of times before one survives the process. Before that, though, you use gloves of shaping or stone shape to make your statue look like your ideal waifu, turn it into flesh, and then indoctrinate your blank slate. Use a lot of confabulation powder, hypnotism, sow thought, suggestion, alter memory, or whatever combination of those and other enchantment spells you'd like. Continue that until you've erased whatever her old life was and completely written in your ideal waifu's personality.
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82 KB, 336x347
Jesus Christ, you guys do realize making your ideal woman or man eliminates like most of the enjoyment out of being with a partner, right?

Y'all are doing the equivalent of a Monty Haul, it's not going to take long to get bored of the individual and see you start over with a different build, or a different personality, until eventually you're left with an entire village of beautiful men and women who were created by a wizard, used as a spouse for maybe a year, then tossed outta the tower and holy SHIT did I just figure out the backstory for my sorceress.
>>
>>46201803
And you do realize it's used for the sort of character who's super dysfunctional, like the stereotypical wizard or murderhobo, right? And yeah, some other guy had that idea too. There was a brief argument over whether or not it was magical realm.
>>
>>46201803
>Jesus Christ, you guys do realize making your ideal woman or man eliminates like most of the enjoyment out of being with a partner, right?
Wizards are loners by nature. They just need some cute chick to suck their duck occasionally in between making reality their bitch.
>>
File: 1458017179189.jpg (105 KB, 671x995) Image search: [Google]
1458017179189.jpg
105 KB, 671x995
>>46201803
See >>46201843
I didn't participate in the "craft a waifu" discussion, but am fascinated by the concept of a very lonely, dysfunctional genius creating life. Wanting another set of hands to help with experiments or to just have someone else nearby is a pretty powerful thing, though that might just be me.

Homemade daughterus are better than homemade waifus.
>>
I didnt buy any saddle/etc for my mount was this a bad idea?
>>
>>46202153

You take a -5 penalty for riding bareback.

So yes.
>>
>>46202153

You don't need a saddle if you have the Blood Steed trait.
>>
>>46197231
I read them all too, Still got stabbed by a twilight fan for insulting edward.
>>
>>46202153
Depends.
Is your PC male or female?
>>
>>46202223
Female
>>46202184
Giggity
How much does a saddle cost? Does the fact its my cavalier mount change anything?
>>46202186
I dont
>>
>>46202239
Ride side saddle.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
>>46202239
>How much does a saddle cost? Does the fact its my cavalier mount change anything?

You the Halfling with the wolf mount from before? An exotic military saddle will cost you 60 gp, while your basic riding saddle will cost 10 gp.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/animals-animal-gear
>>
>>46197373
Is this why the quality of DSP has diminished?
>>
>>46202272
Yeah, I can swing that then. I spaced on actually getting one. Anything else I should grab?
>>
File: Huh.png (849 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Huh.png
849 KB, 1366x768
>>46202298
>>
>>46202311

>Whet Bone - 1 sp
>This hardened mixture of animal marrow and minerals is shaped into a long bone. When chewed upon by a creature for no fewer than 15 minutes, a whet bone grants the creature a +1 bonus on its next damage roll the first time it hits with a bite attack. This only works on non-magical bite attacks.

>Saddlebags - 4 gp
>These sturdy, weatherproof bags are draped over a saddle to add extra carrying capacity. Each side of a saddlebag can typically carry 20 pounds of items that can fit in the bags. Saddlebags do not increase the amount of weight a mount can carry; they merely give riders a place to stow their equipment.

>Bit and Bridle - 2 gp
>A bridle is a piece of equipment used to direct a horse. The bridle includes both the headstall that holds a bit that goes in the mouth of a horse, and the reins that are attached to the bit.

>Brush, Dandy - 2 sp
>This hard-bristled tool has a handle that slips over the wearer's hand, and is used by animal breeders, owners, and grooms to brush the animals in their care, loosening dirt and detritus from the creatures' coats and stimulating the skin so it produces the natural oils that keep them healthy and clean.

Everything you will ever want for your four-legged friend.
>>
>>46202355
I have 40 GP I can spend on stuff for him so Ill grab that stuff. Thanks.
>>
Eldritch Scion/Bloodrager split. What is the bloodlines effective level?
>>
>>46202372
40gp after the saddle I meant.
>>
>>46202298
DSP's quality has never been good. It's just been passable. Ssalarn's work is a good example of this, as is the old psionics stuff like wilder, tactician, and cryptic.
>>
I think that if the DSP guys released their own system, it would be GREAT.

Creativity is high and the material is good, but in the end of day, you are still playing a shitty game that is Pathfinder.
>>
>>46202379
Take a look at the "kit" items in the equipment lists, the ones named after classes have standard starting character stuff.

>>46202429
My opinion on DSP has always been that most of all they just really need an editor to aggressively de-purple their texts. It feels like a lot of their stuff has the same problem that Exalted 3e is showing, where somebody just goes on and on about effects that you could describe in half the space.
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598 KB, 438x750
>Recognize username of player in Roll20 campaign I'm joining
>mfw I extensively ERPed with her for years back in the day

How are you supposed to navigate this.
>>
>>46202508
Pretend it never happened.
Deny. Deny. Deny.
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
>>
>>46202429
>Cryptic
>good
>>
>>46202535
I just said it wasn't good.
>>
>>46202508

"Oh, hi! How's it going?"
>>
File: header.jpg (43 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43 KB, 460x215
>>46202272
>>46202355
You know, I'm kind of curious. If I played a summoner and gave my eidolom the mount evolution, does it need a saddle? Could I let, say, the Paladin in the party ride it? What about if I play a Synthesist, how would that work?

Since I know that Prometheanfag will suggest it anyway, gestalt mounted combat Synthesist|Promethean/Preseervationist, placing your homunculus on your back.
>>
>>46202543
Shit, my reading comprehension.
>>
>>46202508
Do not mention it. At all. Don't bring attention to it at all. If that person ever goes "hey, I recognize you", tell them to save it for a PM after the game.

then you can do and talk about all the lewd things you want
>>
>>46202508
ERP is just a funny thing that you should be cool about. Don't bring it up unless she does but it's not like you'd be talking about ERP to your parents or normal people. It's roll20. They know about ERP, and at least one person will be embarrassed with you if the others are shocked when she brings it up.
>>
>>46202556
>does it need a saddle

Yes.

>Could I let, say, the Paladin in the party ride it?

Yes.

>Synthesist

Also works. Nothing actually requires that a mount have low Int.
>>
>>46202508
ERP in game with her.
Have a romance arc between your PC's.
>>
>Ways to obtain a mount
Party Member (Friendship): If another PC is a horse, then good for you. After all, real men ride each other.
>The ideas are limitless
>>
File: 1432185760218.png (111 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1432185760218.png
111 KB, 600x476
What's a good gestalt with Slayer, if I'm aiming for something very reminiscent of a Witch Hunter, or perhaps just a Witcher? All 1pp is allowed, and we're starting at 11th level.

I'm thinking Alchemist or Investigator, but I'd like to hear if there's something even better to pair the Slayer with.
>>
Some jerk wanted a War Soul Psychic Armory writeup I guess?

http://pathminder.github.io/classes/soulknife-high-psionics-psychic-armory-war-soul/
>>
If you could make the cryptic less boring, how would you do it?
>>
File: Rule One.jpg (17 KB, 236x364) Image search: [Google]
Rule One.jpg
17 KB, 236x364
So, minor announcement /pfg/. You may recall the Belluspex from some time ago (there's a doc link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e9eKlHCX6EsHQ5Kr8UFV3wN17BLYXu8WXDJAzrb_jKY/edit?usp=sharing ). She was made awhile ago, during Expanded's run, and has sorta fallen behind the times.

We're going to be working on adjusting her math, stance progressions, and abilities to bring her in line and maybe also offer up a new specialization or two. If you want to save a copy of the original, /now is the time/. This document will close down sometime in the next couple of days, be subjected to said edits, and then be re-opened. /At that time/, no copy of the original will persist on my end of the keyboard, so again - if you want a copy of the first draft, please, save it now.

Thanks for your time, folks.
>>
>>46202784
Rip it apart and rebuild it. It's got too many things going on right now and none of them work well.
>>
>>46202760
Some tangential advice: I don't think you're going to get much feedback from general /pfg/ because to people who already know the class, reading over a thing like this that just re-describes what they already know to them won't interest them.

Your best bet is to ask from feedback to people who are mostly unfamiliar with the classes you're writing about.
>>
>>46202833
I think you're mistaking that for a how-to-play-the-class guide instead of what it actually is.
>>
>>46202508
>>46202686

Best part? Since he knows all her kinks he can custom-build a PC to exemplify those turn-ons.
>>
File: sharkarosa.jpg (256 KB, 1448x1000) Image search: [Google]
sharkarosa.jpg
256 KB, 1448x1000
Going by the general assumption that a trait is worth half of a feat, would it be a fair houserule to let players spend a feat slot on a trait and get double the bonus?

There'd have to be some exceptions like Magical Lineage, obviously.
>>
>>46202891
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/additional-traits
>>
>>46202808
Is the Belluspex open for feedback as it is, or should we wait until the rework?
While I like the idea of enhancing maneuvers with psionics, the framework of the class as a whole feels a bit dry compared to the others, like "You can augment maneuvers, and get a few battle tricks people can already replicate with existing disciplines/items/class abilities and that's it".

New abilities are good but right now I'm really not getting a sense of its identity.
>>
>>46202935
I'm aware of two-traits-for-a-feat, what I'm suggesting is feat-for-one-trait-doubled. Like, take Armor Expert as a feat and get -2 ACP, things like that.
>>
>>46202936
By all means, please. Worst thing that happens is we're already fixing something you point out (well, no, worst thing that happens is we disagree on a fundamental level about the feedback but then we have a discussion on the matter so maybe that's not so bad anyway), best-case scenario you caught something we missed.

I'm gonna be gone for about an hour while I drive home, though.
>>
>>46202864
No, I get what it actually is.
Last time the PsyArm page got put up the anon wanted feedback on it, but to someone who already knows the class and archetype there's not much to say.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.