[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>failing to capture Cadia twelve times in a row and making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: 1351828238624.png (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1351828238624.png
13 KB, 300x300
>failing to capture Cadia twelve times in a row and making everyone think he was a failure is all part of Abaddon's master plan :^)

Will GW drop this stupid bullshit already and retroactively throw some meaningful victories at Abaddon's feet so that he can be at least half the badass Archaon is?
>>
>>46195620
The very fact that he's taken ten thousand years to capture a single system is pretty impressive. Not even Terra, just Cadia. I can only imagine it will take him another 40,000 years to go from Cadia to Terra.
>>
>>46195761
Which of course will be long after Ghazghkull's WAAAGH united all of the Orks, all of the Necron tombworlds were awoken, and the Tyranid main fleet arrived.

It's going to be kind of hard for GW to shoehorn "Chaos always wins" into this one.
>>
No because if they try to make someone effective he literally becomes

AND DEN HE BLEW UP DAH WORLD AND BECAME LIKE A GOD HE IS 2 COOL 4 DA CHAOS GODS NOW
>>
>>46196466
Can't there be a happy medium?
>>
File: 1370212478355.jpg (19 KB, 508x515) Image search: [Google]
1370212478355.jpg
19 KB, 508x515
>>46196512
>gw
>doing things right post the Chapterhousening

Probably not. All that's important now is that everything is eminently copyright able. Best to just headcannon things how you like and ignore the terrible bits.
>>
>>46195620
>using archaon as inspiration after the end times ever
No, just no, stop and forget it
>>
File: 81.jpg (591 KB, 1149x1617) Image search: [Google]
81.jpg
591 KB, 1149x1617
>>46195620
4u
>>
>>46195620
how can abbadons victorys be real if his arms arent real?
>>
>>46195620
The 12th black crusade was not about cadia but about capturing the blackstone fortresses. He captured to out of three and took them into the eye.

Most of the crusades were not about cadia but about securing alliances
>>
>>46197793
10k years making alliances tho
Even byzantine politics were faster than that, amirite guys?
>>
>>46197508
>Abaddon wasn't ever even trying to capture Cadia :^)

This retcon does not make him any less of a joke.
>>
>>46195620
He tried Twice.
Literally just Two, 2, times.
And his second go has left it in a gridlocked state of perpetual war that's letting all the minor Chaos armies slipout without opposition.

The other eleven Black Crusades have been off elsewhere.

You blame GW of shit writing but then you never even read said writing anyway, you just make shit up to complain about.
>>
>>46197848
Are you retarded or just trolling? That's an old picture from a codex that's probably older than you.

There was no retcon. Abaddon never tried to take Cadia except in the 13th Black Crusade.
>>
>>46197833
To be fair he is trying to bring about the end of reality, as opposed to politics on one little planet
>>
File: Archaon's destiny.jpg (135 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
Archaon's destiny.jpg
135 KB, 650x823
>>46196466
>Hating on Archaon
>Hating ON ANIIIIIIIMEEEE

You have no taste.
>>
>>46197878
>The other eleven Black Crusades have been off elsewhere.

Accomplishing nothing of any fucking value.

And don't give me that shit about "spreading terror" or "gradually weakening the Imperium." Abaddon has had ten thousand years to seize Terra but he's just going to waste time until the Nids or Orks beat him to it.
>>
File: First Black Crusade.png (2 MB, 1160x1612) Image search: [Google]
First Black Crusade.png
2 MB, 1160x1612
>>46197878
>He tried Twice.

Once really.

The first Crusade was more about getting the traitor legions and Chaos forces to get their shit together. Also getting that fancy sword of his.
>>
>>46197880
Get Abaddon's dick out of your ass you obnoxious fanboy and look at the fucking picture you posted.

He blew straight past Cadia on ten of those previous Black Crusades. And without even trying to capture it? That's stupid. It's idiotic. Everyone fucking knows that GW can't write for shit, and yet here you are trying to justify this obvious stupidity.
>>
>>46197903
>Accomplishing nothing of any fucking value.

Bullshit.

The fluff details his accomplishments, both old and new.

So either read the fluff or eat a dick.

> Abaddon has had ten thousand years to seize Terra but he's just going to waste time until the Nids or Orks beat him to it.

According to the fluff, Chaos is the closet to securing its victory and that Orks, Necrons, and Tyranids are nothing compared to the threat of Chaos which Abaddon helped to build up to the state that it is.

So I say again. Eat a dick or read the fluff.
>>
>>46195620
>failing to capture Cadia twelve times

like, twice, I think? maybe even only the thirteenth?

Anyways, he didn't try to capture Cadia often
>>
>>46197929
Stop eating a dick, anon. You said it was a retcon and we said it isn't. So by acting like a moron and not admitting that you were wrong, you are either a troll or a real moron. Going with both.

Cadia, the second most fortified area in the Imperium, was not his objective in those Black Crusades. His objective was to build his forces and power and secure the favor of all Chaos Gods as well as punch holes in the Imperium, all in prep for the 13th Black Crusade.
>>
>>46197929
Get the dick out of your brain and read up on the black crusades - most of them weren't big conquests or anything that were even designed to take a fortress wrold.

But of course you don't care because the edge doesn't need accurate information, you can just move the goalposts at your whims.
>>
>>46197930
>So either read the fluff or eat a dick.
>Eat a dick or read the fluff.

>>46197952
>Stop eating a dick

>>46197957
>Get the dick out of your brain

You salty faggot. Are you ever not thinking about penis?

Anyway, there's no need to be so angry, queer. The fluff is stupid. I don't care how the fluff justifies that stupidity. It's plainly moron that Abaddon has failed to accomplish anything useful in 10,000 years.
>>
>>46197988
>It's plainly moron

er, moronic
>>
>>46197929
>Get Abaddon's dick out of your ass you obnoxious fanboy and look at the fucking picture you posted.

I'm the guy who posted the picture, that wasn't me. I haven't made any other posts until this one.

Have fun arguing with Carnac now.
>>
>>46197988
Because you keep eating dick. Right in front of us. Just stop it. It's rude.

You keep saying the fluff is stupid and yet you clearly never read it. You talk about about retcons that never existed. You say he never accomplished anything BECAUSE I SAID SO (Cock munching sounds).

This is your tl;dr : "It's stupid because it's stupid because errr I said so. Also I eat dicks".
>>
>>46197988
>You salty faggot. Are you ever not thinking about penis?
This is a good strategy to get responses, especially badly reasoned ones, where one focuses on something that plays off of ones prior comment but ignores said comment. It not only puts the people one argues with into the defensive, it also makes them angry.

>Anyway, there's no need to be so angry, queer. The fluff is stupid. I don't care how the fluff justifies that stupidity. It's plainly moron that Abaddon has failed to accomplish anything useful in 10,000 years

this on the other hand is pretty mediocre. Not terrible, mind, but mediocre, because a succesful troll should never concede territory, and their insults should always be coupled with attacks. You do that in the first sentence, but less so later.

It is however also good form to go back to a prior argument which was already settled to get a rise out of the baited, here:

> It's plainly moron that Abaddon has failed to accomplish anything useful in 10,000 years.

All in all 8/10, quite good.
>>
>>46198002
Sure you didn't.
>>
>>46198036
So he is a troll. I guess it was obvious.

For the life of me, I have no idea what people get from trolling. What can I say? A decent person can never understand a degenerate.
>>
File: 1410368689846.jpg (56 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1410368689846.jpg
56 KB, 800x480
>>46198048
I would never lie to you, Anonymous.
>>
>>46198034
>hurr but my stupid black library books say Abaddon was slowly eroding away at the Imperium, like a lazy river, slowly eroding its banks over thousands and thousands of years

Archaon doesn't wait until his enemies die of old age or get bored and go home. He gets shit done.
>>
>>46198090
I like this one because it uses black library baiting and deliberate misattribution of sources in the same sentence, both of which are guaranteed reply getters.

>Archaon doesn't wait until his enemies die of old age or get bored and go home. He gets shit done.

Comparing apples with oranges is a tried and true technique too, not much to say about that, other than it's effective.
>>
>>46198113
shut up I'm trying to make the fanboy realize how stupid his precious fluff is
>>
>>46198090
Most of what I said is from codexes.

Also Archaon spent an untold amount of time in the Chaos Wastes and also he crusade'ed across the world to collect the Treasures of Chaos, build up his armies, and finally acquire the blessing of the Four. His journey to become the Everchosen of Chaos is analogous to Abaddon's journey towards being the Chaos Ascendant.

I think it took Archaon 800-1000 years to finish his journey? Ignoring the Chaos Waste time shenanigans.
>>
>>46198132

>>46198113
>>
>>46198125
>Shut up I am trying to eat DICKS

Staaahp, dude, Staaahp.
>>
>>46198133
I know. I know. I am just having fun at his expense. I am not talking anything what he says seriously.
>>
>>46198149
taking*
>>
>>46198149
If only more people did the same with you, eh.
>>
>>46198132
>His journey to become the Everchosen of Chaos is analogous to Abaddon's journey towards being the Chaos Ascendant.

Except not because he's taken 10 times as long to accomplish a quarter as much.

>>46198149
>I'm just pretending to be trolled!

Is that like pretending to be stupid or is it different?
>>
>>46198160
That's because what I say is well researched and educated opinions and most importantly the indisputable truth.

Also I am a nice guy.
>>
>>46198175

>Except not because he's taken 10 times as long to accomplish a quarter as much.

Insisting on your point is always an easy and effective way to get replies. Appel and oranges still applies of course, and also works.

>Is that like pretending to be stupid or is it different?

Fallback on the 'pretending to be retarded' picture, going back into the offense, a variation on a classic.
>>
>>46198175
>Except not because he's taken 10 times as long to accomplish a quarter as much.

Small world vs a big galaxy. Come on, are really going to compare adventuring and crusading across the stars to hiking around a single world? Even for a troll that's exceptionally dumb.

And he achieved the same thing. Both united the forces of Chaos around them and both became the Everchosen/Ascendant. Archaon setting advanced while Abaddon's setting did not. So far that's the only difference between them.
>>
>>46198197
You sir are a meme master.
>>
>>46198197
I am really liking your analyse. Are you in a debate club or something?
>>
>>46198233
analysis*
>>
>>46198233
no

>>46198231
yes
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.