[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm going through some hardcore nostalgia for war hammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 283x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 283x400
So I'm going through some hardcore nostalgia for war hammer fantasy. Since GW has ruined it and it's fading into oblivion, does anyone have any recommendations for a war game to get into? Preferably something affordable and popular? I'd rather it not be something weird and super magicy or advanced. I really like more medeiros style stuff.
>>
>>46194686
like more *medieval* style
>>
>affordable
Kings of War
>popular
WarmaHordes
>>
>>46194686

9th Age

Advantages: Free if you have a WFB army already

Not that popular yet though.
>>
>>46194686
Uh... If you and your friends like a game, play that game. It will only fade into oblivion if you let it, Anon
>>
>>46194686
Age of Sigmar. Cool design (with all WHFB minis) and intersting fluff with dynamic plot.
>>
>>46194976
>Sorry your dog got run over by my car.
>Would you like to buy my car?
>>
>>46195443
Except the fact the dog (WHFB models and factions) is alive.
>>
Your choices are either:
a) kings of war, which is quickly gaining popularity and even has official rules support for the existing warhammer fantasy armies, but it is its own system with a few similarities to whfb

b) 9th age which is pretty much the spiritual successor to 8th edition, using A LOT of the same rules, but it's completely homebrewed and all the army books have pretty much become fan books.

But the most important question is what is your local meta? You shouldnt be asking us, ask around the game clubs that play with fantasy minis still and find out what they are playing first before you start committing. Because you can look into different game systems and find one you like, but it wont matter if nobody plays it. If nobody plays anything fantasy at all, then look into a completely different game.

This is not an online video game, what you can play depends heavily on your local meta.
>>
>>46195598
Tell that to the Tomb Kings and soon-to-be Bretonnians, fag.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.