[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the apocalypse happened >but nobody is entirely sure how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1456624075258.png (182 KB, 1318x1032) Image search: [Google]
1456624075258.png
182 KB, 1318x1032
>the apocalypse happened
>but nobody is entirely sure how
>probably because whoever is left is too busy surviving
>the planet almost went into an ice age but was at least partially reversed by nuclear weaponry
>terminators prowl irradiated cities but are hardly intelligent individually and often are separated into small colonies because of zombie hordes
>eldritch occultists are trying to summon the horrorterrors they represent but are locked into war with righteous holy dogmatists

Does this sound like a good setting? I'm still hoping to work out some kinks with it. I enjoy the idea of an apocalypse half-happening, and elements of itself keeping eachother in check in a weird way.
>>
>>46193040
So wait, all the possible apocalypses happened at once more or less?
>>
>>46193207
More or less. And they kind of hold eachother back so no one is the dominant apocalypse. It's still a rough world, but not as rough as it could be, all things considered.
>>
>>46193040
Sounds like a more serious Gamma World

Which could be neat, yeah
>>
How do you see the world looking like OP?

Describe how Miami or Hong Kong would look like after all of this has gone down.
>>
Ever read the Peripheral, OP? There's a thing called the Jackpot that happened in the future. Basically a shitload of manmade apocalypses all at once. Massive species die offs, thanks to a lack of alpha predators causing booms and species busts, no bees, plant disease and blight, insane global warming, a few minor wars that ended in the annihilation of something like half of earth's usable landmass, a shutdown of ocean currents..

You could just use that.
>>46193248
..why does the Reich have lazer eyes?
>>
>>46193040
>>the planet almost went into an ice age but was at least partially reversed by nuclear weaponry
RETARD
>>
>>46198989
I think it might be the other way round. Global thermonuclear war results in a nuclear winter, but the results are offset by the rampant global warming that was already occurring.

I think it sounds promising, OP.

You may need to think about a bunch of types of terrain. Nuclear wasteland, horrorterror-warped land, pristine (by which I mean "not drastically affected by the Apocalypses"), grey goo, plagued, hellscape... Your chances of finding stuff from a particular Apocalypse is drastically increased in the relevant terrain.
>>
>>46193040
>>46193207
>>46193248
Wow, I had an idea like this once, but never did anything with it. I eventually came up with "dimensional collision" as the root cause of everything, which had the plus side of fucking up maps and allowing different time periods to mix too.

You definitely should put in some not-Tiberium and mutant-dino-dragon-new-alpha-predators in too.
>>
File: Super Alpha Predator.jpg (484 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Super Alpha Predator.jpg
484 KB, 1200x900
>>46203988
But of course. I'm thinking something like a deathclaw, but more endangered.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.