[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
diffrent races/factions ect in 40k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96
File: halo elite.png (62 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
halo elite.png
62 KB, 217x232
so /tg/ I've been wondering what races from different franchises would fit in 40k I personally think the elites from halo would make a great anti chaos anti tyranid faction
>>
>>46191298
Phyrexia would work, but I wouldn't try it given the overlap with admech
>>
File: s3_04_wal_40.jpg (95 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
s3_04_wal_40.jpg
95 KB, 1024x768
>>46191298

They'd fit right in.
>>
I've lately had a very dumb crossover in mind, Kids Next Door 40k
>>
>>46191298
these guys work
>>
>>46191394
>terrible crossover ideas
Love Live! Imperium Idol Festival
>>
File: scrin.png (104 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
scrin.png
104 KB, 260x194
>>46191424
DAMNIT
>>
>>46191298
The covenant is basically the imperium of man.
>devoutly religious
>worship a lie
>aggressively xenophobic
>use advanced technology they don't really understand and can't replicate
>>
>>46191298

I think the lol should be added
>>
>>46191394
>dumb
nigga thats brilliant
>>
>>46191476
yea and the unsc are like corrupt planetary govnors
>>
File: akibakko-118174970687732.jpg (187 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
akibakko-118174970687732.jpg
187 KB, 1024x640
>>46191424
>>46191454

Mah nigga.
>>
File: Cyborgreaperbattle.png (275 KB, 438x480) Image search: [Google]
Cyborgreaperbattle.png
275 KB, 438x480
>>46191520
speaking of that servitors anyone?
>>
>>46191454
>>46191520
The Scrin might be the only thing that can counter the Orks in a meaningful way. It'd still ruin a planet though.

I wonder how Tiberium would affect Orkiods.
>>
File: Black_Hand_TW3.jpg (257 KB, 1600x1554) Image search: [Google]
Black_Hand_TW3.jpg
257 KB, 1600x1554
>>46191584

Fuck that, you've got a goddamn Space Marine chapter right here.
>>
File: gallery_3_28_301.jpg (20 KB, 302x417) Image search: [Google]
gallery_3_28_301.jpg
20 KB, 302x417
>>46191613

...Plus supporting Guard units.
>>
File: imagesCALEV2Z5.jpg (6 KB, 187x256) Image search: [Google]
imagesCALEV2Z5.jpg
6 KB, 187x256
>>46191613
Pardon?
>>
>>46191675
holyshit I just realized

command and conquer is set in the warhammer 40k at the 2nd millennium.

it makes so much sense.
>>
File: Black_Hand_TW3_2.jpg (366 KB, 1600x1662) Image search: [Google]
Black_Hand_TW3_2.jpg
366 KB, 1600x1662
>>46191675

>no burning fanaticism
>no flame weaponry
>not designed to strike fear into enemies by mere presence alone
>lack of skull motifs
>don't address each other as "Brother"

You ain't Astartes, Zoney-boy.
>>
>>46191813
>command and conquer is set in the warhammer 40k at the 2nd millennium

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>46191924
Pardon?
>>
>>46191913
tau then

but I always thought that nod had a more heretech/ khorne feel
>>
>>46191520
God that was an awful unit
>>
File: oie_Kane.jpg (86 KB, 299x343) Image search: [Google]
oie_Kane.jpg
86 KB, 299x343
>>46191958

Honestly, they could work both ways. That could be kind of an interesting crossover, in fact: a lost sector of the Imperium crops up again from behind a warp storm or some shit, and the Inquisition has to deal with these highly heretical (but still evidently loyal) dudes. They could even believe in Kane as a reincarnation of the Emperor.
>>
File: Cybranasaurus_Rex.png (450 KB, 540x446) Image search: [Google]
Cybranasaurus_Rex.png
450 KB, 540x446
>>46191298
ROBO-SQUIGGOTH
>>
>>46191495
well for the hell of it I'll drop my ideas on it. the KND an Galactic KND both fell during the Era of Strife, but was eventually Refounded in M35, after some Kids on a Rogue Trader Vessel found the Original Book of KND. They Don't really care about Species, only Youth, and this Shows in their Primary Tree house.

Salvaged from an Abandoned craft world, the Wraith Bone has started growing out like vines and branches, resting atop the main Frond I guess you call it is a massive Necron Construct contributed by a Tomb world run by a Child Phaeron. it has been heavily embellished with add-ons and upgrades from Ork Yoofs.

This Neo KND possesses access to Modified Juvinant Treatments used to halt the aging process, very helpful for species with shorter lifespans or who just reach puberty quickly.

Number designations have branched out and often use the Species' for example Ork Operatives might be "Numbah Moars", "Numbah Lots", "Numbah Loads" etc. in that fashion
>>
>>46191298
>Covenant

BTFO easily.

>>46191357

Daleks murder everything ever. They're more powerful than anything in 40k.
>>
>>46192258
Hmm. I was thinking a 40k KND would be a group of Schola Progenium students that were trapped on a world that was recently overrun by the enemy.

So they retreat into the wilderness, build a treehouse, and begin a guerrilla war campaign against the Heretics / Orks / Eldar / whomever.
>>
File: Q.png (66 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Q.png
66 KB, 256x192
>>46191298
BEHOLD A OLD ONE
>>
>>46192321
Whovianna pls go
>>
>>46192321
The daleks would be a major player, as in rivaling Necrons and Tyranids, but not exactly murder all.
>>
>>46191298
Dwarfs, orcs, elfs,

OH WAI-

+++Ordo Hereticus Transmission+++

Inquisitor, it has come to my attention that an individual named Anon has found the source of our blatant ripoff. He will be dealt with.

The Emperor protects

+++Transmission END+++
>>
File: 1440456368081.png (718 KB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
1440456368081.png
718 KB, 1280x712
>>46191298
Hello: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Halo/Covenant

I'm more interested in pic related.

>Explorator fleet, sponsored by both Rogue Traders and the Inquisition investigating a wormhole
>WARP FUCKERY
>Half of the fleet left in the middle of bumfuck-nowhere
>Can't see the Astronomicon
>Classic voyage tensions and cabin fever ensue
>FINALLY come across a system filled with a variety of planets, all rich with wierd purple crystals

>Tensions between RT and Inq. increase as they argue over what to do
>Ad Mech remains neutral throughout it all
>Suddenly EXPLOSIONS
>Fingers are pointed
>Bases are erected on the planets
>A large group of adepts come out of hiding and declare themselves worshipers of ancient xeno race that may have presided in this system

>Three way between the Rouge Traders, Inquisition, and Xeno Cult
>Ad Mech stays neutral only for RT and Inq, since cultists somehow got their hands on filthy xenotech
>Guardsman recruited by all sides
>Only War
>>
>>46192321
Fuck off back to Tumblr with your Whovian garbage
>>
>>46191454
EXTERMANATUS
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 700x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 700x390
I've always kinda wanted to see some kind of Posthuman Men of Iron faction pop up. They think humanity is outdated and ineffectual so they want to take over. They're the product of human hands, and a very young race by galactic standards. At the same time, they're suitably alien and completely inhuman. They see themselves as the evolution of humanity, and all life in the galaxy.

I actually fluffed the whole faction out, including weapons and how they get around without warp travel.
>>
>>46192492
NuWho daleks are basically god in 40k, traveling throughout time and capable of unleashing weapons that destroy the entire multiverse, IE all life that ever existed, including gods (which have a habit of getting BTFO in Who). The Tyranids and Necrons have no ability to fight the Daleks when they lack time travel or time lords protecting them.

>>46192594
Doesn't matter how shitty NuWho is, it's canon, and Daleks have been uber-buffed since the old series.
>>
>>46192853
The necrons do timetravel.
Petty time travel.
>>
>>46192853
And yet, a cockmuncher with a vibrator wipes them out on a regular basis.

L O G I C
>>
>>46192700
Go on
>>
>>46192941
> After a succeful panty raid, the Blood Ravens found the ultimate anti-necron weapon.
>>
>>46192941
If the faggot Doctor can BTFO Daleks, imagine what a whole unit of Space Marines could do...
>>
>>46192941
Well also by canon, the Doctor actually has canon plotshields protecting him because the universe dies with him, and Time Lords are horridly OP (see final sanction or whatever it was called where they planned to kill existence itself). The Who universe used to have gods and magic. The Time Lords didn't like it, so they killed all the gods and re-wrote the universe so magic stopped being a thing. Basically a race of angry fedora tippers that were able to back up their ITG'sm.

The Who franchise is so powerful it is actually fucking stupid. There's not even a point to watch the show anymore, because the Doctor is for all intents and purposes a near omniscient god.

>>46192921
Yeah that's not much compared to the Time Lords and Daleks who were fighting a war spread across all literal time and space. And other universes IIRC.
>>
>>46192999
Nothing?
The Daleks are beaten by either Tech© or Ruses©.
They are enemies of the AdMech or something to get a badass Techmarine squad.
>>
>>46193054
>Iron Hands fight Daleks
>Daleks no longer exist
>>
>>46192019
It was awful in Supreme Commander as well.

But atleast in that game if you got it over your target it's still do immense damage just dropping on something.
>>
File: 1429834779089.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1128) Image search: [Google]
1429834779089.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1128
>>46191298
i think the Leets on their own would have trouble maintaining a galactic presence with out some major restructuring of their lore, or advancing as the case may be.

Now, the covies as a whole I could see being as rivals to the tau in size and aggression, if not outright effectiveness. The Covies have a strong space game but are geared towards Lightning war tactics and orbital drop shock operations aimed at taking key locations while the ships burn everything else. They kinda suck at drawn out land engagements and holding the line.

I could see the prophets being susceptible to the more subtle tendrils of Tzeentch and the allure of Slaanesh, While Elites would be pulled by the Warrior aspects of Khorn, and brutes by the Berserker aspects. I also could see Nurgle sinking his roots into the Brutes and grunts. If the Elites were not careful, I think the Hierarchs would fall to chaos and get fucked. An Elite lead Covenant would be the most stable and Chaos resistant.

They would be able to take on the Nids well enough, if only because their weapons are particularly suited to burning spores our of the sky and what not. I could also see them taking the orks on acceptably, at least they'd happily apply the 'burn the very ground they walked on' tactic from the flood to the green fucks.

Besides the IoM, I could see them most vehemently hating the Tau, Cowards one and all, and just as eager to push client races into the meat grinder. Their best chance of taking on the tau and winning is orbital deep strikes and getting in their face as fast as possible. the covies have particularly short ranged weapons, and will be hard pressed to win in shoot outs beyond 200 meters.

Against the IoM, I think they'd fight in one of two ways: Either they come in with just a few squads of Spec-ops and get one job done and bug out, Or they come in with a full armada. so Surgical strike raids v. Planet wiping attacks.
>>
>>46191325
Not really, as long as they emphasise the biological elements over the mechanical ones. Admech meets tyranids. There's actually a lot of precedent for this in the HH novels, nearly every xenos race they encounter is some malformed cyborg thing.
>>
>>46193068
The way they both work, they would have a massive escalation and serious tech-heresy.
Also, I'm not >>46193050
>>46193050
Yeah, I watch that show. I don't recall anything about the proton shields, which would be wierd if you consider how often he gets shot.

And the Pandorica arc shows that without timelords and daleks the universe works pretty well. Most of the shit The Doctor is needed for, is either Timelord Schemes© getting out of hand, Dalek Schemes© working (Who are themselves Timelord fuckups) or scars of the Last Great Time War.

The Last Great Time War was basically WWII at a cosmic scale, specially on terms of weapons. The Timelords, being arrogant dumbasses with the sense of superiority that only comes with controlling a fundamental force/part of the universe went mostly for reality altering weapons, and the Daleks for MOAR DAKKA and BIGGA BOMB. This ended with The Moment and The Reality Bomb.

Both were the reason every timetravel capable civ chose to send the last timelord packing when they learned he could, maybe, bring the rest back. And the Daleks at the time were just amassing forces to stomp Gallifrey when it returned.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1663x1321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1663x1321
>>46192972
So the Machine(s) originally started out as multiple different complex artificial intelligences across a dozen or so systems. Military planners, automated infrastructure managers, and even pure number crunchers used for big science problems. They all end up ruling their worlds almost entirely, with vast legions of robots to tend to every whim of their human masters. As the Dark Age of Technology begins to come to a close and the Age of Strife begins, the machines in contact with one and another realize that humanity is about to go to hell in a hand basket. They abandon their human charges and make for the farthest rim of the Galaxy, taking untold armies of mechanical servants on vast automated arks.

Skip ahead fifteen thousand years, and the AIs have gastalted into a single massive super computer. They now control a fairly decent area at the far edge of the Galaxy, where the warp is still from lack of sentient life. Entire worlds are converted into vast computers and whole planets are rendered into their component parts to manufacture armies of machines.

Lacking psykers to facilitate warp travel, the Machine travels through the use of space tessalation. Massively energy intensive, and unsurviable for any craft smaller than a space hulk due to enormous gravitational forces, the Machines are unable to send fleets of ships. Instead they send gargantuan mobile battle stations called Nodes. Acting as a quantum transmission hub to the main AI and battlefield factories/resource gathering structure, they house hundreds of millions of war machines. Ranging Battleship sized space weapons platforms, to Titan-esque mechanical monstrosities, to man sized robot soldiers, to the smallest swarmanoid drones. The machines are universally armed with either advanced rail weapons or continuous fire energy lances, both of which are used in an unsettlingly surgical way to shear foes into easily recycled chunks.
>>
>>46192376
I was thinking more to the show's tone then 40k's
>>
>>46193344
The Machine has made it's intention clear, the eradication or assimilation of all life in the Galaxy. It sees itself as the next step in evolution, with psykers and souls being a dead end that will only feed Chaos in the end.

Appearing from seemingly nowhere, Nodes loom monstrously over human worlds while disgorging vast armies. They strip worlds bare, converting the metal of the planets crust into factories create yet more computers and war machines. Humans are either slaughtered, or kidnapped to have their brains extracted, uploaded, or experimented on.
>>
>>46193050
I stopped watching the show shortly after they brought in the new guy, not because hurr durr old doctor better but because I felt that all the plot points I cared about had been resolved and that they were pandering too hard to tumblrinas.

Some of it was pretty solid though, Steven Moffet episodes back when he wasn't running the show were all good.
>>
>>46193464
Don't bother watching it again unless there's a dramatic re-writing. It's just utter shit now for the most part although they did finally sorta whack Clara and get rid of her. But we need to go back to Davies, for all his faults he's no Moffat.
>>
>>46191589
either they cancel each other out or tiberium makes the orks even more dangerous
>>
>>46193282
Yeah, covie space game is on point. Their ships are awesomely powerful and they can turn a planet into a ball of floating glass.

Their ground forces are atrociously incompetent, though. I recall from one of the Halo books how the UNSC (basically the equivalent of Guard/Stormtroopers + ~30 MEQs) actually did spectacularly on foot, but they kept getting pushed back because their fleets just couldn't hold.
>>
>>46194600
I don't even understand how that's possble. Elites and brutes are both over eight feet tall and have strength to match. Not to mention that body armor does next to nothing against plasma besides provide an extra inch or two it has to melt through before it hits you. Especially because humans still use chemical fire arms.
>>
File: 200% RAD.jpg (41 KB, 374x454) Image search: [Google]
200% RAD.jpg
41 KB, 374x454
>>46192379
mah nigga
>>
File: 1427059072628.jpg (112 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1427059072628.jpg
112 KB, 500x281
>>46194600

well, as far as I can recall during the 25 year war, the humans could win Phyricc victories on the ground, Outdoing the Covie's superior speed and weaponry with better Strategy/tactics and more durable chains of command. the UNSC has a good amount of redundancy and lateral training with in it's forces, allowing for 'Decapitated' Units to reconnect with larger forces or operate alone and in conjunction with other such units more efficiently than the Bottom heavy Covies. If you take out the Top squids, the lower ones have a harder time establishing power, and on a squad level, the Squidface is the linchpin in firefights. while grunts can hold ground with out direct supervision, they break easily with out some one to keep them toeing the line.

This is mainly due to the fact that generally speaking, Humans are pretty close to one another in terms of competency and ability. They generally respect every one else in their military enough to follow orders or give them if need be, while you'd never see broken squads of grunts being rallied by a jackal, for example. I could see this being a problem with foes like the tau, who are more than willing to exploit weaknesses first, initiate battle second.

Another factor in the ground game is the UNSC's use of AI's. the AI's are much more than just war-gear, they are a combination of hyper-competent comm's, Logistics and intelligence officers all in one, with the ability to move relatively freely around the battle field. With out them the UNSC would have fared much worse on the ground, and that's not even stepping into the rape-fest that would have been space with out the AI's.

>>46194672
It's down to using combined arms support, Tactics, And the fact that the UNSC's Ballistic tech is demonstrably better than modern equivalents by an order of magnitude. they are not just shooting the same old shit that they have been for 500 years.

Man to Freak, He covies win 1 times out of ten under 300 yards.
>>
File: H2A_Great_Schism.png (624 KB, 1274x549) Image search: [Google]
H2A_Great_Schism.png
624 KB, 1274x549
>>46194863
not sure if it's top or bottom heavy. I'm trying to say if the top gets knocked out the bottom fractures, spectacularly in some cases.
>>
>>46194672
The thing is, Elites and brutes are actually incredibly rare on most battlefields. In Fall of Reach the Spartan II's were still very much unaware of them, even moreso with brutes. That was retconned to some degree later on, but they still aren't a dime a dozen compared to the Grunts and Jackals. And they go down pretty quickly under a constant stream of fire.

Also consider tactics and the way they fight--Elites do the whole "charge at them with a glowy sword" bit that we see a lot in 40k since they only ever really fight on the ground for honor*, but that doesn't really WORK that well against a line of dudes with heavy assault rifles. The Covenant doesn't ever really innovate when it comes to technology, either, b/c tech heresy. So from the whole supply, development and maintanence perspective they aren't great, and that matters more on the ground where the technology gap isn't as far as in spess.

Basically the covies suffer from "too much cash, not enough brains" syndrome, whereas the UNSC is very adaptable with its tactics and has been forced to evolve with the enemy, which is something Elites patently refuse to do.

*the covenant can glass anything they want and achieve their goals. Unless they are specifically hunting for some artifact, the land invasion is just a matter of course.
>>
>>46194863
Oh yeah, AIs. Covies don't use them (HERESY) but even in the opening of Halo 1 we see Cortana (who IS exceptionally advanced, but still) dunk 4 Covenant ships on her own.
>>
>>46193132
At least on SupCom it was fast-ish. In c&c it was,

>slow
>cost lots of money
>cost lots of time
>had no defences whatsoever
>ineffective unless you were playing a newbie who bunched their base up
>had the worst aiming AI ever made

You could literally take one down with a javelin trooper if you micromanaged hard enough. Really it's only tactical value was as a distraction.
>>
>>46194890
So basically the only reason the humans ever win at all is because humans are 'super adaptable'.
>>
File: crush the innies.jpg (181 KB, 1245x700) Image search: [Google]
crush the innies.jpg
181 KB, 1245x700
>>46194672
It is worth noting that with out the 20-30 years of insurrection and brush wars before the Human Covenant war the UNSC would have been caught so off guard it's pants would not even be around it's ankles, no they would have been half made, with archaic and ineffective stitching patterns and falling apart at the seems. The Innies taught the UNSC how to play dirty again, how to fight in space, and most importantly, how to run propaganda campaigns and galvanize the home front.

This is, of course, not even touching on the Spartan Projects.
>>
>>46195024
Why are the insurrectionists even rebelling when there's (was) a massive war going on?
>>
>>46194921

Hardly matters, given how op a lot of their other stuff was.
>>
File: SpaceElevatorFull.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1168) Image search: [Google]
SpaceElevatorFull.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1168
>>46195022
Sure, simply put. I'd get my nose a darker shade of brown by saying "The Humans are more homogeneous, desperate and adapt with bureaucratic systems to keep fighting."

The war, as a whole, was one massive loss for humanity. I would guess that about 3/4ths of human worlds were lost to enemy action, and anywhere from 50%-80% of total human population was killed. the UNSC did not win the war. It survived it thanks to a few, very particular actions and circumstances. While that does reek of Bullshit, it makes for some really fun and engaging first-person story telling, So I enjoy it well enough.

I am, Of course, Discounting anything after halo 3 lore wise. while 343 has made some cool decisions and design choices, I feel they really shit the bed in the overall feel of halo. but I'll save that rant for another thread.

>>46195049
They rebelled before the war started. Mainly due to incredible corruption in the outer colonies and the imbalance of wealth. the inner colonies were experiencing a golden age surpassing any before it in terms of quality of life, due in large part to the labors of the outer colonies. problem was that there was miles and miles of red tape in the outer colonies, some colonies were corporation run, others were under the CMA, still others were under military rule, and many where some where in between, making it hard for any sort of civil movement to make it's voice heard by the higher ups back on earth, reach and the other inner colonies.

the fact that a dozen or more generations had lived and died with out being able to distinguish the sun from it's neighbors in the sky, let alone feeling any particular sense of 'home' in relation to earth it'self helped add to the urge to get out and do their own thing.
>>
>>46195049
the innies fought before the war broke out. Most cells either stopped all together when humanity realized that Harvest was not a one off event, while others simply went silent, waiting for their chance to break away. There were probably cases of some colonies just cutting ties with the unsc, knowing that there were no ships to spare in checking in on them, and just hoped that the covies would overlook them, or that the covies would discern between UNSC and non UNSC. too bad for them, it was a genocidal war from start to finish.
>>
>>46195049
>>46195150
>>46195191
And as soon as the war is over, despite like humanity losing like 95% of it's people and almost going extinct the innies go riiiiight back to insurrecting again. Because fuck everything.
>>
File: 10a-Cov_Vehicles.png (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
10a-Cov_Vehicles.png
109 KB, 1280x720
Back on topic; the covenant is very air heavy, they have mostly skimmers as ground craft with a few Legeko[hunter worms] powered walkers. They have fire and forget Anti-infantry weapons in the form of needle small arms, that when up-sized become pretty effective Vehicle killers. Most of their heavy vehicle weapons fire in Indirect ways, such as plasma mortars. THey seem to have the capability to drop just about any wargear from orbit, though they preferred to take it down gently with Phantoms and Spirits during the war.

They seem to favor filling the air with blobs of plasma over precision, regulating beam and projectile weapons to small arms like the carbine, H2 Sniper, and that focus beam shit from reach.

The most popular small arms are plasma based and rapid firing, and have only one 'load' of plasma before needing to be recharged at special stations.

Brutes like to use kinetics, the spikers look like Magnetic accelorator guns that extrude hunks of metal from an amo block and hurls it outwards with some serious force, and they love blades on their Everything. They can be reloaded through out the fight.

Heavy infantry weapons are either mounted plasma repeaters, or RPG like devices that show an ability to bounce at certain angles, in the case of fuel rods, and home in the case of Reaches do-hicky.

All of this pushes the covie's to favor fast, close quarters engagements that start with shock troops dropping from orbit to secure landing zones, Drop ships dropping off fast attack vehicles and some heavy vehicles to secure the area more firmly, and then a gravity lift to pour out rank and file shmucks.
>>
File: 1429224188951.jpg (913 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429224188951.jpg
913 KB, 1920x1080
>>46195297
Well, to survive the UNSC 'had' to strip the Earth Government of all power, take control of all human space travel and make it a law that all information about earth is to be destroyed as soon as possible in the event of enemy contact and subsequent victory. They became[were] pretty fascist and brutal through out the wars.

It doesn't help that the UNSC nuked the first colony that successfully rebelled instead of deal with it politically. [this may be 343 fluff...]
>>
File: HW_Covenant_Base_S.jpg (277 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
HW_Covenant_Base_S.jpg
277 KB, 1024x615
When assaulting a planet, the covies seem to go for that landing procedure i detailed in >>46195389 and use it as a base camp to launch raids and air patrols from. Instead of putting all that much in terms of actual facilities on the ground, they use their space ships as a kind of forward operations base, only placing down fortifications around their gravity lifts.

This is at least, later on in the war. According to Halowars, the early war had them setting up actual living quarters and depots on the ground and using that as the staging area. New units got grav-lifted down as needed, and stayed in the theater until victory was achieved or they died. one thing of intrest to me is that all of those early war buildings came with energy shielding[or was that only at full upgrade?] That would keep artillary from being all that capable when assaulting them. the first few waves of shells would cause no real damage and give ground troops time to react and counter attack using air and skimmer assets.
>>
>>46192029
Uh, the Astronomicon still existing would quickly put that to lie you filthy fucking heretic.
>>
>>46195428
Still, it's like almost everyone on Earth died in a horrible alien invasion and the entire surface became uninhabitable except for Great Britain. And THEN the IRA chooses that moment to start shit and beings attacking London again.

There was a lot of handwaving going around on the story board to allow the innies to be relevant in the post war.
>>
>>46195584
yeah... I just put it down to 'fuck 343'
I like some concepts that they put out, and I love INfinity, the ship it'self, But it's much more... space opra-ish, with humans becoming kind of Space-cowboy-y with the SPartan 4's, ONI becoming Evil for the sake of it, and the innies/other rebels being god damn retarded.

I would have prefered to see a careful and reserved UNSC who did the best it could to cripple threats to it's existance before they became threats while also seeing the Eliets as possible allies and supporting the arbiter. I could see that there are a lot of sepratist factions with in the left over colonies, thinking that the UNSC is too weak to pull them back, or that they are better off on their own now. SOme may even think that the UNSC incited the whole war some how! But it would hav ebeen cool to see every one just sit back a bit and lick their wounds

But no. We get the Spartan 4's being cowboys and hooting-n-hollering as they blaze through space, We get ONI backstabbing literally every one and pretending that halsy was evil in incarnate, We have UNSC troopers going awol left and right for the Pettiest shit, and killing their best friends for the hell of it.[rip rookie] Covie splinter factions teaming up with their god damn gods in the flesh and all just four or so years after the end of a war and subsequent civil war that left every major player in the galaxy crippled.
>>
>>46192853

...with a crippling, idiotic mindset that is the reason why they're still stuck in plunger-suits that struggle up a set of stairs. It doesn't matter how much power the Daleks wield in theory; in practice, most of that power goes over their no-longer existant heads as the become less and less able to grasp it.
>>
File: Ultralisk_SC2_Cncpt2.jpg (305 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
Ultralisk_SC2_Cncpt2.jpg
305 KB, 1280x716
Zergs would be a very nice complementary force to Tyranids.
>self-sustain via creep, never die from hunger
>ambush potential via burrowing
>ultralisks as dedicated infantry lawnmowers
>motherfucking infestors
>suprise lurkers
>brood lords as flying siege engines
>>
>>46195800
so would they be on the same side as the nids? at that point couldn't they just be a variant Hive fleet?
>>
>>46193437
sounds like metal tyranids to me
>>
>>46195814
Well, i can`t imagine them being sepatate. Probably they`ll fight once in a while, getting each other`s gene samples and being more and more similar. Carnifexes with kaiser blades. Zoanthrope and Queen hybrids as psychic artillery. Lyctors, capable of infesting enemy command.

The Swarm will become a more stationary threat, infesting planets even post-exterminatus (like on Char), but rarely trying to go full space locust.
>>
>>46195551
in all honesty, I think that the covanent races could go toe to toe with most infantry of most races. A single determined grunt can fuck up a human, supposedly they are like chimps;they have some insane arm strength. a group of grunts could take on an ork boy, an elite could fuck an orkboy up and has a good chance of killing just about any IG guardsmen one on one. the brutes could take upto a Space marine with no real problem, though it'd be Sm 9-10 due to honed skill, Buggers would do just fine against most human sized foes, Hunters could serve similarly to Battle-suits or Dreadnoughts, and Jackles fill the gaps between.
>>
File: tmp_30414-internet-764210693.jpg (22 KB, 568x700) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30414-internet-764210693.jpg
22 KB, 568x700
>>46191944
*brow pat*
Kids these days.

Anyone have the ultra far even version for this neophyte to enjoy?
>>
>>46192554
>Dwarfs
You're slowly becoming an unperson Anon.
>>
>>46196157
Fucking lol.

Humans do just fine fighting brutes. All of the Covenant races would get mowed down in the thousands by Space Marines, Sisters, or Scions on account of the Covenant having pretty shitty gear and getitng dropped by a handful of bullets. The only thing in the Covenant that has any decent armor is the Hunters, and those will easily get penetrated by bolters or plasma guns.
>>
>>46194863
Except it isn't. Their ballistic tech on their sniper rifles are the only impressive thing- otherwise the UNSC for the most part still uses NATO equal rounds with similar velocities. The only thing special about UNSC firearms is their built-in uplink to Marine and Army Trooper HUDs and their recoil compensation tech.
>>
>>46195675
how did this happen? I thought 343 was made up partly of Bungee devs, and let's not pretend Halsy was a saint, she did run a program involving the kidnapping of children
>>
>>46195800
Everything you said the Tyranids already do.
>>
File: PurificationChauSara_SC2_Art1.jpg (37 KB, 670x258) Image search: [Google]
PurificationChauSara_SC2_Art1.jpg
37 KB, 670x258
Protoss from Starcraft?
>>
File: crysis3-2013-02-18-23-37-01-20.jpg (539 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
crysis3-2013-02-18-23-37-01-20.jpg
539 KB, 1536x864
The Ceph from the Crysis Franchise might also put up a good fight.
>>
>>46192379
somehow that just makes me think:
>Old One!Q shows up
>Necrons think they'll just wreck his shit
>Learn the hard way that it apparently killing old ones is not as easy as they remember.
>>
>>46191298
borderlands corporations roll in and steam roll a sector of space, before scavenging anything from the dead, even from the living. word of crazy alien tech makes its way back to the corps and, depending on the corp, they either broker treaties with the various factions, or put the force of a multi-galaxy spanning megacorp and go to full on war.

>Torgue begins supplying vast ork hordes, and Mr Torgue gets his own warband. Vladof becomes supremely wealthy with orks trying to get the most dakka
>Hyperion and Maliwan make a push for Eldar and Necron tech respectively
>Teidore begin supplying rebel worlds and renegade imperials
>AdMech shit themselves with wonderful human developed tech, then immediately declare a crusade for use of AI
>>
>>46196753

I only played the first Crysis, and they didn't seem like anything really special there.
>>
>>46195584
Do you honestly think it would go any other way? I don't find it unrealistic at all. Humans are shortsighted and opportunistic like that.
>>
>>46196675
Tyranids devour and destroy, Zerg just want to "convert."
>>
>>46197097
their weapons are the same as the eldar, where they fling super speed molecules at you, where that molecule is water that they pull from the air, so the never run out of ammo

they use nano tech, like a fuck ton of nano tech. everything runs on it. they have power armor, able to run instantaneous point to point FTL, and enjoy converting habitable planets to ceph worlds.
>>
I would say xcom but all the integration of xeno tech would be immediate heresy.
I suppose add in the british empire at its height.
Would be dope
>>
>>46195800
>>46195814
>>46196133
The tyranids literally do EVERYTHING the zerg do, but 100x better. The zerg would be super redundant
>>
File: Cabal.jpg (28 KB, 300x390) Image search: [Google]
Cabal.jpg
28 KB, 300x390
What about The Cabal from Destiny?

-They use the same weapons as the Space Marines
-Same/similar armor
-worship a "God Emperor"
-and are Roman Legionnaire themed
>>
>>46197765
God they were dull to fight, cool concept though. Space Marines are still faster, better response and probably stronger though
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (188 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188 KB, 1280x720
>>46197765
>>46197778
Curious as to what type of Space marine unit would Valus Mau'Ual and Valus Tlu Urn be considered?

The Colossus/colossi enemy and Valus Ta'Aurc are essentially Terminators with assault cannons and cyclone missile launchers
>>
File: TheVex2.png (937 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
TheVex2.png
937 KB, 1366x768
>>46197765
On that note, I think the Vex could work quite well as one of those "minor, but apocalyptically powerful," species that exist somewhere out in the galactic rim, the kind that decimates anything it comes across and requires a massive crusade to get rid of.

[spoilers]Besides, I'm sick of having no races who utilize their technology properly except for the Tau.[/spoiler]
>>
>>46197765
If there'd ever be a Destiny and Warhammer 40K crossover, in which its the Cabal being featured. I'am always frankly expecting Imperium characters and Sphes Muhreens going to yell out "Heresy", or "HOW DARE THESE XENOS PLAGIARIZE US! AND THEY DARE COPY OUR SACRED BOLTERS AND ARMOR, PURGE THE HERETICS." So on and so forth.
>>
>>46197817
Aren't they basically just necrons though?
>>
>>46197868
From a technological standpoint and the fact that they're AI, sure, but they have a more Borg-like quality to them that causes enough of a distinction. There's more difference between the Vex and Necrons than there is Imperium and Human Renegades.
>>
File: cnc-kane-1.jpg (21 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
cnc-kane-1.jpg
21 KB, 430x320
>>46195569

Mm. I should have said, "incarnation"--like, they view Kane as a saint and avatar of the Emperor's will. The Messiah who will bring new order to the chaos of Man.
>>
File: protoss_zealot_by_snake101.jpg (313 KB, 800x545) Image search: [Google]
protoss_zealot_by_snake101.jpg
313 KB, 800x545
The protoss would fit in pretty well imo.
Also, I'd love to have citadel quality minis of their units. So many walkers.
>>
I like Grineer, would they prosper as a hive world? A commendable IG regiment? I think so.
>>
>>46197765
>>46197817

Though what about about the Psions? A race of magical aliens that the Cabal conquered and use them as slave labor as auxilliary forces.

Perhaps if the Cabal from Destiny were in Warhammer, the Psions would probably be enslaved psykers. Or they'd be unlucky Eldar who underwent torturous brainwashing and slight transmogrification. Maybe The Psion Flayers are enalaved eldar and the standard psions; psykers.>>46197817
>>
>>46196551
Fucked if I know. Trying to extend a sieres that had come to a quite satisfying and natural end can do that. It's mostly my opinion.

And yeah, Halsey was not a saint. she abducted children, made flashclones of them that died in a few years. THe children where put through the most grueling and hardcore training the UNSC could come up with, and then were subjected to an augmentation that killed a handful, crippled another handful, and permenently changed the physiology and psychology of the kids forever, all to crush a rebellion. If we told the story from another way she and ONI would be evil as fuck.

but the program was initiated as a mesure to stop the human race from descending into a new era of in fighting, AI projections[i think] showed that if the innies won it would go down hill from their with various planetary nation-states squabbling and pissing away manpower and resources in a casscade of nigh endless wars. She did what she felt was necessary to save the majority of humanity, and had the full backing of ONI's higher-ups.
>>
>>46199491
You know i don't mind 343's ONI being evil and doing evil stuff, they just need to justify the action. ONI is always the "bigger picture" organization created to protect the UNSC.

Given that by the end of the Human-Covenant war humanity suffered a 80-90% casualties, their paranoia and no chances approach is totally understandable. And they should make their new characters portray their personality, rather than just outright telling who and what they are in a dialogue.

So in all 343 really needs to step up their writing.
>>
File: lucky_by_dawnofnssd-d791xds.jpg (295 KB, 879x1243) Image search: [Google]
lucky_by_dawnofnssd-d791xds.jpg
295 KB, 879x1243
>>46198459
>I WILL FILL MY LUNGS WITH YOUR DEATH!
The Grineer don't quite fit in, they are too far devolved from repeated cloning to be looked upon as fellow humans. Their tech is also extremely weak in comparison to 40k, like you said they can be compared to the Imperial Guard, but even that's a stretch.
Their fleets consist of transports and tiny pod things with guns that are sent out in droves.
>>
File: hola.jpg (64 KB, 457x408) Image search: [Google]
hola.jpg
64 KB, 457x408
>>46199491

Her actions are certainly justifiable, but they're still monstrous, and that's a point that was being made even back in the original Fall of Reach novel. I think 343 handled her character pretty well, all things considered. ONI was pretty damn shady from the start, too. But yeah, I can see where you're coming from with them going full CE, but I chalk that up to being just one part of the pile of shit that is Halo 5's writing.
>>
>>46198459
Fuck twin queens
>>
>>46191924
What the fuck did you even just say?
>>
>>46191357
>>46192321
>>46192409
>>46192492
>>46192594
To be honest, as much as I dislike Dr who, it's probably pretty accurate to say the daleks would be one of, if not the most powerful faction in 40k. Now that I think about it they're actually one of the few main stream sci-fi races that could give the imperium a run for their money in battle.
>>
>>46191476
The covenant isn't xenophobic. The covenant itself is a collection of multiple alien races that serve one cause. They only carry a war of genocide against Humanity because the prophets fear the connection between humanity and the forerunners.
>>
File: tumblr_static_2e827a06.jpg (269 KB, 1280x901) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_2e827a06.jpg
269 KB, 1280x901
Imagine it.
>>
I recently ran a bunch of the old Haloclix models as Tau empire. I had grunts for firewarriors, jackals for kroot, elites for battlesuits, hunters for broadsides and so forth.
>>
File: Ultraseven_cape.png (392 KB, 586x800) Image search: [Google]
Ultraseven_cape.png
392 KB, 586x800
>>46201195
I'd love to see the Ultras go to war against the Chaos Gods.
>>
File: Ultrmn_Baby.png (274 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
Ultrmn_Baby.png
274 KB, 500x354
>>46201195
>>46201487
As an alien species, they are so fucking weird.
>>
>>46201195
>Viking Horns Ultraman
Fucking kek Japan, my sides are in orbit.
>>
>>46195584
It would be more like England controls Ireland before the war and during the war they abandon it to fate but then after the war England comes back to control it
>>
>>46196907
The legitimacy of borderlands tech in the eyes of the admech would be seriously questionable, even if it's human it isn't based on STC prints at all, unlike literally all other technology in the imperium, and things that are different are scary.
>>
>>46191298
>>
>>46194088
Or the Orks decide Tiberium is Propa Orky, Coz Itz Green an if U fink datz wrong then Oill krump ya, ya git.
>>
>>46199796
>>46199839

Fair points through and through, I agree. 343 needs to step up the writing and so does the extended universe chumps.

>>46202823
Don't they prefer to have pretty 'friendly' relations with other races? I could see that being a complication.
>>
>>46203306
They say so, but they're honestly better at political manipulation than the salarians. No one trusts a salarian because they have the reputation for being spies and saboteurs. But we meet a few asari characters that no one would have suspected were spies, special forces, etc.

It's a race that pretty much everyone trusts, and they take advantage of that on a military and political level.
>>
>>46203377
would they be able to get that many 'client' species in WH40k? I don't think the tau would like the asari nosing in on the upper echelon politics of their empire, let alone just about every other faction.
>>
>>46203399
A bit difficult to answer, considering part of their political pull in ME was "first race best race!"

In 40k? They'd be forced to rely on their actual strengths as a species, but that's not that bad. They're really similar to eldar, but they're not dying out, so they'd be fine.
>>
>>46199491
Halsey's actions are completely justifiable- the needs of the many are superior to the needs of the few, a couple hundred children dying to save humanity is a small price to pay for the species.

343i casting halsey as a villain is fucking retarded. The government should turn her into something like the USSR's state heroes, same with Chief. Build statues as shit and use them to further drive military enlistment. People seem to forget the UNSC are fascists.
>>
>>46200949
"A run"

The Daleks can literally kill existence itself, as can the Time Lords. None of the 40k factions, not even Chaos, would be able to do anything. Daleks can cross universes, blow up universes, and blow up the entire multiverse.
>>
>>46205495
The thing is, she didn't kidnapped kids to save humanity. She did it because the UNSC paid her and she wanted to. The Covenant and the Flood hadn't even entered the picture. The Spartans were created to deniably wipe out rebel groups.
>>
>>46205530
Those Rebel groups were spamming nukes and threatening the integrity of the human empire. A few hundred kids isn't even a drop in the ocean compared to the UNSC's population before the Human-Covenant war.
>>
File: Dobkeratops.jpg (122 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Dobkeratops.jpg
122 KB, 1024x768
>>46191298
>>
>>46192700
pretty cliche for a scifi setting and a little bit similar to tau. the whole "The Unity" advancement post-humanity cyborg thing.
>>
>>46205562
It wasn't an empire it was, ostensibly, a democratic interplanetary coalition. Except the core worlds were all butt fucking the outer systems for money and political power. Similar to how Britain was treating it's colonies in America before the revolution. Demanding freedom or equality is not "threatening the integrity" of the entire UN.

I'm not saying the Innies had any right to be terrorists, no one does, but kidnapping kids to put down a justifiable rebellion just because you wanted to be able to lie and say you didn't do it is pretty reprehensible.
>>
>>46195024
how does a spaceship exist in low orbit without speed or vertical thrust to keep it off the ground?
>>
>>46205627
I don't believe any explanation is ever given. At least not for the human ships.
>>
File: NzVn6LX.jpg (39 KB, 863x475) Image search: [Google]
NzVn6LX.jpg
39 KB, 863x475
Dr Who canon is insane and almost meaningless. Moffat's obsession with it is part of the reason the show went off track.The good news is that most of the aliens in the show can be utilized faithfully without needing to worry about details.

The big obstacle to a Dalek army in anything is that they consider anything not conforming to their style as a heretic.

You could either have the off model daleks be second class in the society, or have the entire faction be "Rebel Daleks" with Davros locked up and the rest of the empire doing crazy shit.
>>
How many days would it take the Forerunner to wipe out the entire 40k setting?
>>
File: the_wonderful_101-2[1].png (184 KB, 390x330) Image search: [Google]
the_wonderful_101-2[1].png
184 KB, 390x330
Has everything a proper 40K faction needs, barring psionics: Large monsters, power armored infantry, ham.
>>
>>46205803
All of the twenty minutes it takes them to fire the Halo Array.

Assuming that kills Necrons, Norn Queens, and all living orks.
>>
File: SWDalek.jpg (244 KB, 600x355) Image search: [Google]
SWDalek.jpg
244 KB, 600x355
For being fascists that hate everything different there are a wide variety of Dalek models, and they have a history of using slave races.
>>
>>46205836

They've got better tech than the necrons.
>>
File: 3 - ackd5kQ.jpg (575 KB, 1600x1494) Image search: [Google]
3 - ackd5kQ.jpg
575 KB, 1600x1494
>>46205803
Going full cheese; as many as it takes to make a halo array in the Magellanic clouds and Slip-space them into place around the galaxy. then it's just a matter of 'click-poof' everything with enough neurons rubbing together to have theory of mind is dead.
>>
>>46205859
Barely, and only in some ways.

The Necrons have fairly stable personal time travel and a machine that somehow manages to just delete celestial bodies.

The Forerunners have the Halo Arrays and stuff like the Constructor.

We don't know either's full technological capabilities.

And I more meant the fact that the Necrons are non-biological, and the Rings don't appear to affect non-biological being.
>>
File: Ogron.jpg (103 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
Ogron.jpg
103 KB, 976x549
Daleks fit into the classic British sci-fi mold the rest of 40k draws from. The entire emotionless mutant machine powered by hate also lets you mess around with a lot of associations with Chaos/the Iron Men without committing to anything specific,
>>
>>46196157
the conenant would get utterly fucked in 40k, they already get fucked by gunfire in halo and the guns in 40k are a lot better than that
>>
>>46205836
Orks will probably have at least a few Hulks inside the Warp at the time (either drifting in general or being flung forward in time due to Warp dickery), likewise Genestealers, so the two of them are probably good.

Dark Eldar, depending on if the Halo Arrays would extend into the Webway, might also come out of the ordeal relatively intact. I say "relatively" as they're still going to need to turn on each-other in a cannibalistic frenzy to sustain their need for souls.

Lasly, as you said, Necrons will probably be fine since they're soulless automatons made of living metal.

Other factions (even the Tau) would presumably have survivors who were similarly shielded by being within the Warp at the time, but unlike Orks and Genestealers they're kinda fucked when they get out of the Warp and find 99.99% of their species' population Dwemer'd.

Chaos... could either get a major buff or a major nerf? Depending on how the mass-death of their food supply is met. Likewise Eldar are iffy as it's possible some of them might have some mean to shield themselves from the techno-magic death pulse and / or be able to do something with their Wraithguard and such if they can't.
>>
>>46205607
Acording to some fluff there was a few AI-cross checked theories that said if the Innies start gettign independence from the UEG then it would spiral into a full on civil war with in a few decades, and as stated in this post >>46199491 , it would have created an era of interstellar warfare through out human controlled space.

And then the covies kicked down the door and all bets are off. BUt yeah, The Spartans were a very heavy handed way of crushing rebellion, no matter how justified.
>>
>>46205946
Couldn't the forerunners just fire the array a few more times at a random interval for the next few Centuries? That would kill off at least 99% of the survivors.
>>
>>46205824
the lore behind their generic goons is creepy as fuck too, they are liquified into living sapient goo so they can use the standard armor units and the bigger ones are two aliens liquefied into one
>>
File: ODST 343 boardroom.png (962 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
ODST 343 boardroom.png
962 KB, 500x655
>>46199796
343 also needs to stop killing off my favorite characters and stop introducing shitty mary sues

I can't forgive them for killing The Rookie.
>>
File: Cov-ScaleToyWeapons.jpg (365 KB, 1427x1846) Image search: [Google]
Cov-ScaleToyWeapons.jpg
365 KB, 1427x1846
>>46205935
Most things under a SM would get fucked up by gunfire, and regularly do in fluff and crunch. Heavy stubbers are .50 cal equivalents after all.

I'd say that 40k's most common small arms are on par with the bulk of the covanent's war gear. It's when you get into the bigger stuff or more rare stuff that things get a bit fucky. Even then, Covies have standard issue energy shielding and it consistantly takes multiple magazines of high powered autogun[unsc] bullets to put down most of the races. They'd stand up about as well as the tau, who would be steamrolled if the orks or the IoM finally came down hard on them. Another pocket[in comparison] empire surviving until it fucks up enough to have the IoM at large take notice.
>>
>>46206106
YOU FUCKING WHAT

343 THIS IS THE LAST STRAW
>>
>>46206143
Also, Covenant plasma weapons are supposed to be hugely more effective in the books and fluff than in game.

In Fall of Reach the Wraith's main cannon instantly vaporizes everything within 10m of where it hits, and everything around that is horribly burned.
>>
Different scenario; the Tau find tuchanka and recruit the krogan to begin mass breeding them. Does this help them?

Reminder one female krogan can lay 1000 eggs per year.
>>
>>46205836
The Halo array won't kill Necrons or anything with void shields.
>>
>>46206147
Yeeep, killed off in the shitty digital book "New Blood". Apparently his death was meant to push Buck to become a Spartan-IV or some retarded shit. Funny how he never mentions The Rookie or any of his old team ever again.

Oh, and Mickey's an insurrectionist traitor, Dutch retires and Romeo is never heard from again after becoming a S4.

I'm really tired of 343's whole "every badass normal must be a spartan now!1!" thing. I love badass normals, not everyone has to be a fucking spartan.
>>
>>46206216

Trillions of mass produced Onyx sentinels will.
>>
>>46206143
Covenant shields are dogshit. They don't get dropped by multiple magazines, just around 23 rifle rounds pop a Zealot's shields. Lasguns would murder them.

>>46206183
So the Covenant's dogshit "Tank" that is in fact a light mortar tank for an MBT has the 40k version of a heavy infantry weapon that moves at speeds so slow you can dodge it by walking at a brisk pace?
>>
The Xeelee. They don't need to be a prominent part of the setting, just some off hand remarks about a race that scared the necrons shitless.

Or maybe a great rogue trader crusade to get some Xeelee tech.
>>
>>46206227
Which won't do anything against the Necrons considering they both possess time travel and far more potent galaxy-destroying weapons. On top of, if things get really bad, re-releasing the C'tan.
>>
>>46206302

>far more potent galaxy-destroying weapons.

Uh, no? also one necron lord has time travel and is hesitant to use it. Forerunner have such a huge advantage in weapons and production the necrons have no chance.
>>
>>46206340
The Necrons possess the celestial orrery and can destroy the entire galaxy by detonating every star in a glorious supernovae of enough radiation to make the Halos look pathetic.

Plus C'tan, which when fully assembled are virtually invincible gods of death zipping around the galaxy and chuck black holes like a Culture warship.
>>
>>46206218
It doesn't help that the Spartan 4's seem to be a bunch of meat head jocks compared to the classes before them. High off the 'victory' of the UNSC, always jumping out of cover and doing stupid shit in battle, and apparently filled with traitors according to the comics.

And a snarky fuckhead of a commander, who fails to give the savior of humanity even a simple 'sir'. Doubled by the fact that he was promoted to Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, Aka every noncommisioned member of the navy's superior.
>>
>>46206411
Ugh. Palmer. Her and characters like Locke and the girls on Osiris just seem like they're there for MUH DIVERSITY.

You know, I don't even understand why they needed a Spartan-IV project... at least not this soon. Or why they needed a giant fucking warship status symbol like the Infinity. Don't you think humanity should be spending money on rebuilding after losing like 98% of their colonies/fucking population?? Naw dawg, let's make this expensive ass new Spartan program and a fuckhuge ship.

343 is terrible at writing, and their Halo feels nothing like the gritty military scifi of the old series.
>>
>>46206143
So what's the scale on this chart, 5:1?
>>
>>46206398

Oh wow, chucking black holes like every single forerunner warship can do. Blowing up stars is also no concern to forerunner who can live in dyson spheres.
>>
>>46205607
>I'm not saying the Innies had any right to be terrorists, no one does, but kidnapping kids to put down a justifiable rebellion just because you wanted to be able to lie and say you didn't do it is pretty reprehensible.
Keep in mind that they weren't just fighting the rebels' justification, they were fighting the rebels as they were, from their best actions to their worst.
>>
File: THe infinity and the Dawn.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
THe infinity and the Dawn.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>46206522
it;s the scale of the toys themselves, So the figure is from mcdarlane toys, which likes to do 6 inch figures. Not sure for specifics, sorry.

>>46206509
The INfinity was being made during the war, as a last ditch escape vessel if the earth was lost. It was being constructed in the ortcloud. Don't ask me why those resources were allocated to that project, the UNSC had a habit of WonderWaffen style expenditures, what with Ackerson's Spartan Threes, the spartan projects in general, Various arms and armor projects and the like. in some cases they were flights of fancy, Others paid their weight in covie blood ten times over.
>>
>>46206275
The covie's Plasma tech works like the Imperiums with the reliability of the Tau's. Yeah their GI heavy armor is not that effective, But massed and in concert with walkers, flyers and skimmer-based shock troops it's pretty darn effective at blasting the big heavy things that can't be moved around.
>>
>>46206197
Then the Eldar are going to pull that Rachni card they've been itching for. And there in lies the risk that any 'attack race' will outbreed the handler, which is not an unreasonable end goal. There's a reason the Salarians shit themselves and dropped the bio-warfare card.
>>
>>46206084
On a subatomic level at that, specifically to enhance combat performance.

The Federation could be used as an excuse to finally implement a few Xenos factions that were nearly wiped out by humanity, too.
>>
>>46206197
I could see them getting into a real big fight with the Orks and I think They become a simmilar force to the Orks. Plenty of fractured empires, plenty of war bands, but unlikely to team up to fuck over any of the major factions.

and I think the Tau would really just get fucked up by them.
>>
>>46206002
Ships have been lost in the Warp in 40K for - in some cases - tens of millennia. Or been flung backwards, launched into parallel universe (at least one Ork Warboss killed a duplicate of himself for a second copy of his favorite gun), etcetera. Likewise every time the Forerunners fire off the Array they're going to need to evacuate their people (and any other races they like / find promise in) to a Shield World.
>>
File: 1429215448646.jpg (102 KB, 809x1600) Image search: [Google]
1429215448646.jpg
102 KB, 809x1600
>>46206216
Why void shields? as far as I can tell no energy shields can stop the pulse, only being outside of normal reality can. and even if they do, then massive fleets of ships/titans/isolated hives all around the galaxy are left with no logistics or support. almost every faction has the vast bulk of their populations slaughtered

>>46207270
Then simmilar case to above. Microscopic pustules of resistance remains, motes of self aware life in a sterile galaxy. And I could see the forerunners writing of 40k's milky way as a loss. I'm assuming they are coming from outside the setting, rather than integrated with it, yeah?
>>
>Krogan have the best reproductive potential in Mass Effect
>Brutes are the most numerous of any species in the Covenant
Anyone else like the idea of these two races squaring off?
>>
>>46201027
They hate anybody who doesn't follow their religion and conquer any alien race they find.
>>
File: Array.png (563 KB, 1024x435) Image search: [Google]
Array.png
563 KB, 1024x435
>>46205946
the halo array just breaks all neural links simultaneously in the area of effect. It can destroy the precursor's Cosmic strings and other shit that was apparently made from... thought process? I'm fuzzy on the precoursor deets, But essentially what I'm getting at is that it's like turning off the process of life, not all that violent. Just every last sentient/sapient being in the galaxy keeling over.

The chaos gods would be cut off at the waist in an instant, powered by the dead souls alone.
>>
>>46207328
Funnily enough, "Orks and Genestealers in a Spacehulk" is a self-contained ecosystem.

Long after the Forerunners have written off the 40K Galaxy, long after all life more complex than that found in the most primordial stew has been eradicated from the Milky Way, when even the Necrontyr themselves have gone back to sleep because ruling over a lifeless galaxy is boring as fuck and the Dark Eldar died out centuries ago from soul-starvation....

There will be a Space Hulk that crashes on a planet with a breathable atmosphere and water. Two survivors - a green Ork, and a chitinous Ork-Genestealer - will crawl out from the wreckage only to summarily beat each other to death. Months later, the first squigs will begin to grow.

Green will return to the galaxy.
>>
>>46206859
what if instead of Rachni, it was Chryssalids
>>
File: HReach_-_Minor_Jiralhanae.png (1 MB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
HReach_-_Minor_Jiralhanae.png
1 MB, 960x1080
>>46207382
It'd be pretty darn cool, are the krogan capable of maintaining space flight on their own? I know the brutes nuked themselves back to the industrial age and were only getting back to the atomicage and looked like they were about to do it all again by the time the coives came around,

And they out populate the grunts?
>>
>>46207443
Then we exit insane and go full on autistic, the good kind mind you.
>>
File: Hybrid_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg (59 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
Hybrid_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg
59 KB, 550x410
I've always wanted to expand on these guys into their own army, as of the setting's current point any not dead are on the run, prefect excuse for them to pull an anti-monitor and try setting roots in another universe
>>
>>46193282
I never realised I wanted two Xenos empires fighting like that so much until now.
>>
>>46193344
>>46193437
That sounds way different from what you described before. Thats less up and coming invasion of AI/uploaded humanity that views itself as the true apothesis of humanity, and more robo-tyramids. If I were you, id focus on making the uploading thing and less on the "giant mass coming to strip planets for their hyper advanced Hive mind" gimic. Its way too much like Tyranids atm. An interesting idea is that they target Imperial elites and actively avoid uploading Chaos tainted individual's. Space marines, SoB and Inquisitors going missing, only to turn up (seemingly) Uploaded and forced to fight their former allies. Also, although most intelligences they have fought can be fully recognized as former People of intrest, have it so that although normal plebs are uploaded, nobody truly knows where they are brought afterwards
>>
>>46202783
Things that are different also have a good chance of getting possessed by daemons somehow, or do the machine spirits end up getting corrupted by chaos somehow? I can't remember.
>>
>>46196702
Wouldn't the Protoss basically be the Tau with magic and forcefields?

I wonder how the aliens from X-COM would fare scaled up into the 40k universe. Probably not well.
>>
>>46207931

The protoss also have ships that have FTL though.
>>
>>46206764
Covenant plasma is not remotely close to the power of the Imperiums, let alone the Tau. The standard plasma gun issued to guardsmen is capable of vaporizing/cremating a human with a single shot and leaving nothing but a pile of ash, or tearing through tanks, and that's an infantry weapon. Covenant plasma meanwhile leaves small holes in people and vehicles, requiring overwhelming amounts of fire to have devastating effects.

Plus their vehicles are complete shit. Their heaviest hitting ground unit, the Scarab, is completely unshielded and would get gutted by standard tank munitions in 40k by virtue of being fucking huge without being fast enough like Eldar or Tau vehicles, or having the insanely durable void shields of the Imperium. Or reconstructive abilities of the Necrons. The Covenant are like the Tau, only with everything that actually makes the Tau effective in combat stripped away.
>>
File: image.png (19 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19 KB, 291x317
>>46207653
Man. That was a while ago that I first described them here. I keep track of everything in my head, and I kinda forgot about them for a while. That's everything I pulled from my memory. I should have written it down, like my actual world building stuff. I knew I felt like it sounded a lot dumber typed out than it did before.

I appreciate the suggestion as well.
>>
>>46207328
Void shields are dimensional shields that use the warp for defense. They aren't energy shields.
>>
>>46191298
Warhammer is too OP though. You would have to change the factions to a major extent to fit them in.

In Halo's context, only the Silentium Flood, Forerunner at height of power and Ancient Humans have a chance in Warhammer.

Another I can think of is Supreme Commander which would BFTO everyone in ground battles but suck balls in space battles.

A Halo themed Space Marine Legion would be awesome though if someone wants to design that.

Legion Number-II
Name-Orion Spartans (or Spartans Orion)
Primarch-Master Chief
Homeworld-Terra, Reach as a secondary
Fortress-Monastery-Sierra 117
Colour-Olive Green
Specialty-Special Operations
Battle Cry-"Per Mare, Per Terras, Per Constellatum." or "Spartans never die!"
>>
File: 1419096532685.png (133 KB, 502x523) Image search: [Google]
1419096532685.png
133 KB, 502x523
>>46206411
As someone who has taken a liking to the S-IIIs and think that the program should've ended with Gamma Company, I agree.

>pic fucking related
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
>>46191298
>>
File: latest.png (1 MB, 1280x1880) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1 MB, 1280x1880
>>46208411
>You would have to change the factions to a major extent to fit them in.
That's the one thing that's easy to miss. If these factions were in 40k they'd have to quickly adapt their technology and strategies. Things like the aforementioned Scarab weakpoints? Those aren't going to exist if the Covenant were in 40k (they only have them because it's a game.) You should assume that there would be some concessions to make it all work, at least to a point.

I feel like a Covenant-Human alliance faction in 40k would be much stronger than either on their own. Strong enough that they could actually put up a fight.
>>
>>46208529
Need an update of this with Fireteam Mary Su- err, Osiris.

Like that Vale bitch on the team:

"LOL I learned da sangheili language in six months as a kid!1! XD!"
>>
>>46208630
I can't imagine it honestly. I've played Halo since the beginning and loved it but Warhammer is way more powerful than the UNSC, Covenant and early Flood combined.

You would have to make major concessions for each faction. UNSC are forced into the Imperium and make Imperial Guard regiments with their Spartans and Marines or join Chaos and become slaves to darkness.

Covenant would most likely join the Tau or end up becoming slaves to Chaos.

Flood could join Nurgle?
>>
>>46206147
Yeah just pretend 343 halo doesn't exist. It's full of retarded shit and people who don't know how to write. Spoilers obviously.

>Everything to do with Palmer
>Traitors fucking everywhere in the UNSC, including Spartan IVs that go rogue and kill the rest of their squads because YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE UP AGAINST JON SNOW. (and then die like a bitch when Palmer shanks them with a knife)
>Halsey kills a god-tier forerunner AI by basically pressing ctrl alt delete on.
>The Didact survived the end of Halo 4 (of course) and kills an entire team of spartan IIs who just happened to be standing where he PLOTeleported away to. (though to be fair they were kinda idiots to begin with)
>Didact then dies again after chief boots him out the airlock and he falls from orbit. Because that didn't work the first time it happened.
>Halo fucking 5, even apart from the story the gameplay itself is garbage and they recycle the same boss like 20 times.
>All of these noname spartan IVs that only ever appeared in the COMICs that I'm supposed to give a shit about.
>Everything to do with Cortana
>Halsey goes from "fuck the UNSC burn it to the ground", to "took you fucking long enough to rescue me" in the span of 5 minutes because plot holes.
>Halsey literally fucks over the Infinity and everyone because she can't resist the bait of nigerian spam email tier messages on her datapad.
>That fucking monitor with a valley girl voice.
>>
>>46208762
Okay, to be fair I hate 343 and everything they make, but Exuberant Witness was pretty qt. But every other point you made is spot on.
>>
>>46208630
The Scarab doesn't need weakpoints anon. Without shields it'll just get BTFO by a squadron of Leman Russes pouring vanquisher shots into it. Covenant military sucks balls in both space and on the ground compared to all the 40k factions.
>>
File: 1458762661146.jpg (108 KB, 687x738) Image search: [Google]
1458762661146.jpg
108 KB, 687x738
>>46208762
Those spoilers make me glad I haven't bought a Xbone. I'll stick with pre-343 games/lore and not regret anything.
>>
File: 1457980910901.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457980910901.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>46208917
Makes me wish dedicated pre-343 fans would get together and make a fanon continuation of the original Halo lore minus all the 343 bullshit.

Hopefully in that one Spartan-IVs wouldn't exist, and if they do make them more reasonable than what 343 gave us.
>>
>>46208917
I liked most of the designs in the new game and feel they are wasted on the writing, I'm not even against some of the basic plot points like Cortana becoming the antagonist but once again it feels like the art designers cared more then the writers
>>
>>46208986
I'm a bit behind, what is wrong with the IVs?
>>
>>46196157
>the brutes could take upto a Space marine with no real problem
Ahahahahaha. No. Now a hunter, sure but space marines are so much stronger and faster than humans it isn't even fair to compare the two. Not to mention that the organs that space marines have makes them hilariously OP. For example the Lyman's ear filters out noises, with that ability a space marine could be able to pick out the sound of an enemy reloading a weapon in the middle of a firefight. Plus space marines can eat pretty much anything, fight pretty much anywhere even without power armour, and can identify shit about their enemy by taste.

Now a hunter might be able to outmatch a space marine in strength but even then the superior armour and weaponry of marines might give them the edge. If I was to give a basic statline to the Covenant species I would probably say grunts are like ratlings, jackals are like humans, brutes and elites are like T 3 marines, and hunters are like ogryn.
>>
File: war is hell.png (1 MB, 903x610) Image search: [Google]
war is hell.png
1 MB, 903x610
>>46209544
Short answer: see >>46208529

Long answer:

Armor ascetics are extremely different from the previous games and are off-putting. I don't need to stress this when one helmet has a goddamn horn and pic related.

As for the program...why? Sure, there are the Covenant remnants and warmongering Elites to worry about, and maybe the flood, but is humanity still in enough dire straights to warrant another generation of supersoldiers?

What's wrong with the Spartan-IIIs that were folded into the IVs? Gamma company was fresh and ready by the end of the war, why not make another company if more Spartans were desperately needed?

And the Spartans-IVs themselves act very different from the previous generations. The IIs were child-soldiers who knew nothing but war and had the genetics to be the very best at it. IIIs were volunteer war orphans turned child-soldiers who made up for their somewhat-mixed genes with their motivation (see Emile) and 100% augmentation success rate (albeit not as intense as the II's).

Spartan-IVs are your average adult marines, helljumpers, and probably some navy cadets given wonder drugs and way-too-shiny armor. They spend most of their time combating each other in simulations and treating it like a sport (or at least those running the simulation are trying to make it one). As stated by other anons, they were prone to trying to look like big damn heroes, with a certain egghead in particular trying to act tough by downplaying Chief when they first met.

>Big boys club

Yes, the Spartan program was a club filled with the best of the best, with members like Sergeant Johnson, John, and Noble team. Suddenly a bunch of undisciplined preteens barge in and try to fit in, failing miserably and smearing the good reputation the club had.

Goddamn bureaucracy,
>>
>>46210138
>Goddamn bureaucracy
This applies on a meta level. What dipshit thought the IV's were a good idea considering the past Spartan lineage?
>>
Covenant would actually fit in great in 40k

>Dystopian anti-Tau Empire
>Use technology recovered from the Old Ones

etc etc
>>
File: X_Parasites.jpg (90 KB, 303x300) Image search: [Google]
X_Parasites.jpg
90 KB, 303x300
>>46191298
>tfw pic related would outdo the Tyranids
>>
>>46210283
Do you want to destroy the galaxy? This is how you destroy the galaxy.

Honestly Necrons and Daemons are the only two factions equipped to deal with an X-Parasite outbreak. Possibly 'Nids if you assume that their ability to self-engineer is on par with Chozo biotech.
>>
>>46206302
>far more potent
As strong as the Necrons are, I say the Forerunners take this.
>>
>>46210232
>>46210138
I honestly can see that the UNSC would want to keep a steady supply of Super Soldiers on hand for future issues out of paranoia, and I can see the new generation being a bunch of Try hard dicks who have no respect and showboat way too much, all of this would be very good if they were treated as character flaws and not "badass" attributes
>>
>>46210138
Honestly, all that could make for some really good story if they acknowledged what you just said in-universe and made it an actual plot point that the IVs are just children playing with their parents toys.
>>
>>46210445
>>46210470
Hell, in 5 the III's show just how much more practical they are by just sucking a bunch of goons out of an airlock and hardly firing a shot
>>
>>46210470
>>46210445
>>46210138
you know what, the IVs remind me less of Spartans and more of Freelancers and Sim Troopers from Red vs Blue
>>
>>46210532
II's, not III's. Blue Team is all Spartan-II's.
>>
>>46210609
>Red vs Blue mirrored the halo games and went on long enough to switch creative leads and go to shit

Fuck, Miles, eternally.
>>
>>46210609
They're not the same as others. Rather than being taken in as kids, they found themselves taken in as adults. Thus their personalities are less Spartan-like.
>>
>>46210689
My mistake

>>46210726
who's Miles?
>>
>>46210609
Yes. Exactly.

And just like them all I ever wanted to see was the Spartan IVs get smacked in the fucking mouth so they would shut up.
>>
>>46207984
are you going with game crunch or story fluff? Because in the fluff and extended cannon the covenant's weaponry are devastating, a single plasma bolt from a plasma pistol turns a dude's chest to a cauterized pulp.
>>
>>46210445
I remember Halsey herself disproved of the IVs. She said she first taught her kids to be silent then to be Spartans.
>>
>>46210803
well.... While Halsey is not the devil as the later writing tried to make her, she;s hardly a saint either, her affection for the Spartains under her care is pretty fucked up

I'm guessing they made the IV's more vocal and "snarky" to try and highlight them as more mentally stable and adjusted then the Child Soldiers of the past iterations
>>
>>46208745
Flood would not join anything, It'd stay a low level threat addressed on a sub-sector by sub sector problem, sometimes flaring up into major problems. If they get a hold of a hiveworld and a forgeworld it could be a big problem.

The flood is unlikley to be a major player for the first few thousand years of their interactions with the wh40k, but they absorb knowladge as well as biomass, and can take over technology. given the right chances the flood is just as powerful as the nids, just in different ways.
>>
>>46209633
Sorry, It was worded poorly. I ment that upuntill the SM, they could win, But the SM themselves would win out in 1v1. But then again we have fluff examples of standard Boyz killing SM willy nilly, So some of one, more of the other.
>>
File: Human_Flood_Combat_Form_H3.png (3 MB, 1920x2450) Image search: [Google]
Human_Flood_Combat_Form_H3.png
3 MB, 1920x2450
>>46210885
And remember.

Even a single Flood spore can destroy a species.
>>
>>46210769
I don't think you're familiar with 40K canon, or if you are only in terms of game mechanics from things like Dawn of War and the PnP RPGs.

In books, plasma bolts are consistently described as mass-cremating significant portions of a person's body in a single shot. Some of the higher end examples involve complete cremation of the target.

Fluff-wise, think an overcharged plasma pistol bolt's effect as the standard shot from a 40K plasma weapon. None of the homing, no, but a much faster projectile velocity and RoF instead.

>>46210885
Flood could fuck everyone over upon reaching critical mass, if we go by the newer Halo books, but one advantage of 40K is its relatively slow and inaccessible FTL would significantly reduce their capability of reaching critical mass. In human space, anyways: If playing it smart they'll hit Ork-held space and go on a feeding frenzy beyond the galactic rim until they've reached sufficient mass for a Star Road.
>>
File: FloodGruntJ.jpg (223 KB, 1004x948) Image search: [Google]
FloodGruntJ.jpg
223 KB, 1004x948
>>46210994

how big is that spore, do you think? I used to think it was any airborn particulate organism, that would spread likea particularly virulent infection in a host, kill um, and turn their corpse into an incubator for infection forms to start the Combat form process.

I like how halo wars had infected creatures, grunts and jackals as well, Gives them more versatility and threat.

>>46211096
I've read quite a bit of IG novels, played most of their RTS' and had a few games of OW and RT. I guess I have a bit of wishy-washyness in my perceptions of the 40k universe because of how wildly their tech seems to change fluff to fluff.

As for your flood mentions, I agree, I feel they'd be a sector-threat before balooning out to very dangerous levels. they'd be hard pressed to use the warp though... Maybe they could infect some eldar or find a webway gate? otherwise they are stuck in subspace or random warp travel.

I shiver to think what a flood-ified hive world would be like.
>>
The Ceph from Crysis might be better
than the Covenant.

Fluff: The earliest record on them is that they arrived at the Solar System 65 million years ago along with multiple space vessels/seeding ships with unknown purpose (though the one on Earth is similar to a scientific outpost). The seeding ship found on Earth is thought to be the cause of the mass-extinction event at the time, and it was rendered inactive for an unknown period of time before becoming active again, gathering energy along with other Ceph devices across the planet to form a network.

The Ceph on Earth originate from the Triangulum Galaxy, also known as the M33 galaxy, located in the constellation Triangulum, 4 million light years from Earth.

The true origin and age of the Ceph is completely unknown. The earliest record on them is that they arrived at the Solar System 65 million years ago along with multiple space vessels/seeding ships with unknown purpose (though the one on Earth is similar to a scientific outpost). The seeding ship found on Earth is thought to be the cause of the mass-extinction event at the time, and it was rendered inactive for an unknown period of time before becoming active again, gathering energy along with other Ceph devices across the planet to form a network.

Since the Ceph have such advanced technology that can create practically anything they can think of, their sole interest is in the things they can't think of, organisms that evolution gives rise to over millions of years of adaptation. In that case, then the Ceph on Earth are only an automated system programmed to wake up every once in while to scout the planet for scientific data.

According to the Gardener Theory, the Ceph on Earth are "gardeners" that look after a "garden" (Earth), nurturing its life and observing evolution of all lifeforms on it.

TL;DR Consider the fact that they are from another Galaxy and essentially metal tyranids with lots of technological goodies and all-drones baby.
>>
>>46211262
Plasma Guns in 40k are hot enough (Over 20 Million degrees F to be exact) and have the energy density that a plasma bolt passing near you will light your clothes on fire, possibly fuse them to your flesh, and maybe liquefy a limb.
>>
>>46211262
I'd imagine the Flood have the mental capacity to figure out a Gellar field once they have control of a human ship.
>>
>>46211262
Oh, no kidding on the tech thing: At one moment a solitary bolt from a Bolter will gib someone (explode their torso entirely and leave their extremities / head flying all over), in another it won't even irreparably damage a person's joints when applied directly to the kneecap. And that's a Bolter, let alone more exotic things like Plasma or Melta Guns (or Lasguns which vary from light-speed beam guns to Space AKs and various other flavors).

If one were talking in terms of gameplay mechanics, Covenant Plasma would probably rate somewhere between S3 and S4 for the standard shot, S4 or S5 for the turret version. Thematically there isn't a significant enough damage difference between them and Bolters / Lasguns to justify a bump to S5 or S6 for the regular Covie!PlasRifle.

Flood in the Warp could end anywhere from "Wonderfully" to "Horrifically", depending on what happens. All Flood on board eaten by Daemons? Good times for all. Flood wind up being sent back a few millennia and land somewhere important? Bad times.
>>
>>46199491
If the Covenant hadn't attacked when they did Halsey would be a war criminal. Still though, the end justifies the means. Even without the Covenant, the survival of the human race is more important than the lives of a few hundred kids.
>>
>>46211391
Gellar fields aren't the only concern: There's also the matter of navigation. Without a Navigator equivalent there would be... complications, in steering within the Warp.
>>
>>46211471
As long as the Flood have assimilated a Navigator they should be fine on the steering front.
>>
>>46211443
Palmer and her ONI heroes ain't exactly clear from War Crime charges either. Hell, people like to tout S-III's as a volunteer program, but considering almost all of them were still pre-pubescent children who had recently undergone extreme emotional duress and were asked "Do you want to get revenge?" the idea of 'They consented to it' is as much a farce as Halsey's "We needed them to end the war with the Insurrectionists".
>>
>>46211515
Considering the reason Navigators work is literally Space Magic, it's arguable if the Flood could effectively assimilate / make use of their ability post-infection. Especially when it's likely the infestation will fuck with their third "Warp Eye".
>>
>>46211584
The Navigators are genetic mutants. Not Warp-mutants. If the Flood got their hands on one, they could copy it as much as they want.
>>
>>46211584
I guess it depends on if the Flood can make use of a psyker's powers after infecting them, and if they can avoid becoming corrupted in the process.

What the fuck would chaos Flood even be? More evil somehow?
>>
File: FLOOD_Thrasher.jpg (279 KB, 900x782) Image search: [Google]
FLOOD_Thrasher.jpg
279 KB, 900x782
>>46211391
>>46211471
They would probably be content with going the space hulk/Genestealer rout. Hanging around for hundreds or thousands of years in the warp, and letting random chance shit them out on possible targets. Hell, I could see a 'Flooded' Forge world/ship yard being used to produce Geller fields and warp engiens, planting them in the center of Flood vessals, and then just launching them into the winds. Kind of like a mushroom just spits spores into the wind and hopes for the best.

>>46211515
Oh, that makes me think. what if there is a genetic trait in psykers or navigators that keeps them from being infecte din the normal way, like Johnson? THeir biomass could still be consumed, but the person they are before infection would be inaccessible to the flood.

Hell... WOuld the flood even have the capability to use the warp? That has dangerous implications... Like a gravemind psyker, or a keymind creating it's own psychic beacon in the warp.

>>46211519
Don't forget the fact that they were litterally used 'to buy time with spent blood' the first classes were sent on suicide missions against high value targets, and packed up and sent off to the next one if they survived.
>>
File: mtynwn2.jpg (27 KB, 906x510) Image search: [Google]
mtynwn2.jpg
27 KB, 906x510
>>46211636
I doubt the flood on a form to form basis would be able to be influenced by chaos, short of the material that each form is made up of being possessed by the demons. THe graveminds may be able to be influenced by the gods, but i don't think they would be able to be broken from the inbuilt path of 'consume all, make all one, flood the stars' mentality that we see in halo 3. More like... partners or co-conspirators. I could see Nurgle fucking *hating* the flood, and how it's pestilence/infection takes his rightful spoils from him.
>>
File: Ceph_Inconnu (1).jpg (485 KB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
Ceph_Inconnu (1).jpg
485 KB, 1920x1044
List of Ceph Infantry goodies:

Molecular Accelerator: Extracts water vapor from the surrounding air, freezes it, and then fires the resultant shards of ice at superspeed (Like Gauss weapons with unlimited ammo)

Molecular Arrestor (MOAR) (Freeze rays, able to freeze vehicles and infantry in a matter of seconds, and shatter/kill them)

Bolt Sniper (Sniper rifle that fires lightning bolts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNcAsjGV6sw

Plasma weapons
Mind Control
Cloaking technology
Nanotechnology
Time Travel (Without causing paradoxes)
Defence against Time Travel

Most of their troops are automata, similiar to that of the Men of iron. They are also capable of opening and sustaining Wormholes to their home galaxy.
Singularity Cannon
Pulse Weapons
Biological weapons

Ceph Commanders and heavy units are also armed with energy shields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KULqygobD8
>>
>>46211822
Not to mention the ones seen in the games are basically their equivalent of FARMERS. Stage 2. Stage 3 Ceph are supposed to be apocalyptically-powerful.
>>
Ceph units also have telekinesis, capable of flipping tanks.

Able to create spheres of energy that expands with contact to energy weapons, freezing everything with the sphere, save for nanosuits.

Large Military vehicles known as the Warrior are capable of destroying an entire US carrier fleet single-handedly
>>
>>46211942
And they absorb energy. To the point where being nuked just made them stronger.

The only way to successfully fight them is to counter their technology on an almost molecular level.
>>
>>46211822
>>46211863
>>46211942
>>46212000
How exactly did those HFY motherfuckers beat this shit? Some kind of bullshit magic?
>>
>>46212068
Prophet, who is in a nanosuit reverse engineered from Ceph tech, removed the limiters off his suit which allowed him to fight back against the Alpha Ceph (the leader of the stage 2 ceph basically) and he managed to prevent the Stage 3 invasion in the process by killing the Alpha (S2 is a hivemind) and turning a killsat on the one Stage 3 ship that was managing to make it's way through the wormhole.

Basically, they never had to face the Ceph's full might and got lucky because some eccentric billionaires managed to reverse engineer the Ceph tech in the first place.
>>
>>46197754

The Zerg successfully devoured a faction's homeworld. Let's see the Tyranids try that.
>>
>>46212346
they're damn well trying, the main fleets are heading for the astronomicon after all.
>>
File: 1458781435338.jpg (538 KB, 1392x722) Image search: [Google]
1458781435338.jpg
538 KB, 1392x722
The city from Blame! appears, a mega-structure with more mass then an entire galaxy

what happens next
>>
>>46206571
What do you think dyson spheres are built around, faggot?
>>
>>46212454
Your mother.

>>46212346
Taking a Protoss homeworld is like taking candy from a baby. They're some weakass motherfuckers.
>>
>>46212454
Depends on the Sphere. but most are built around stars that are incapable of going supernova.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.