[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Deathwatch campaign. >A Ultramarine and Space Wolves have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: UM_Deathwatch_Tact_Marine.jpg (74 KB, 574x793) Image search: [Google]
UM_Deathwatch_Tact_Marine.jpg
74 KB, 574x793
>Deathwatch campaign.
>A Ultramarine and Space Wolves have become (in game) good friends. After a long rivalry)
>A third player complains constantly how this is wrong, is against the fluff etc.He now disrupts the campaign.
>I tried to talk to him, but he remains stubborn.

Help. What can I do?
>>
>>46190721
Kill them all.
>>
>>46190721
He's Alpha Legion scum.

Kill him.

Or, target him in a Chaos plot to subvert the Deathwatch and see how he bites.
>>
>>46190721
Tell him he can either accept it or ask the other players if they really want to keep playing with him.

If the group isn't having fun with him around and wants him gone, drop him.

(just like when I was an asshole)
>>
Tell him not to be a sperg, if he keeps being a sperg kick him from the group.
>>
>>46190721

You tried talking to him. It didn't work. So now you have to outright tell him: stop disrupting the campaign or you'll have to leave. I'm assuming you're the GM here

He sounds like an ass anyway. One of those gimps that takes generalizations from the fluff and insists they always apply absolutely in every single possible situation. It's a very one-dimensional mindset, and sadly crops up in all fandoms.
>>
File: franceball and britainball.png (433 KB, 848x4969) Image search: [Google]
franceball and britainball.png
433 KB, 848x4969
>>46190721
The Brits and the French hated each other, too, and look how that relationship turned out.
>>
File: 1379427770701 - Copy.jpg (67 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1379427770701 - Copy.jpg
67 KB, 621x621
>>46190721
Tell him to read the deathwatch novel, then he will realize that deathwatch bonds are stronger then chapter idiocies.
>>
>>46190721
Ultramarines and Space Wolves get along fine most of the time
>>
>>46190721
How is that against fluff?

Ultramarines and Space Wolves have no qualsm between them, they are actually willing to cooperate, even if they mostly tend to their own business
>>
>>46190855

>inb4 "Yeah but the Bosnians and the Serbs still hate each other, and that's more like the Wolf/Ultrasmurf relationship, because reasons. Therefore your argument is invalid."

Every time.
>>
>>46190721
Even if one guy is a dark angel and the other a wolf, they're all the same in the watch.
>>
>>46190908
Some people think because the Wolves don't follow the Codex the two must hate each other.
>>
>>46190855
I was not prepared for those feels
>>
>>46190721
Tell him that not every character is a characture, he doesn't understand how important the bond in a Deathwatch Kill Team is, and that even were they, exceptions always exist.

Tell him if he can't deal with that, he should leave the game as he's ruining it for everyone else, or you'll kick him out.
>>
I really can't think of any moment in-universe where the Smurfs and the Wolves hated each other, outside Russ and Guilliman arguing over the codex astartes.
>>
>>46190947
So basically a "stop liking what i don't like" kind of argument?

Nowhere in the fluff of both chapters there is a single note of hatred or even rivalry regarding the other.

Also it's a pointless argument. None of your chapter doctrines count once you're in the watch. I had my Black Templar befriend a Librarian
>>
>>46190721

Is any of this in-character? Have the watch commander pull him aside and remind him that Deathwatch is a team, and he can either be a part of it or face the consequences. If he keeps his shit up, declare his chapter's offering unfit and ship him home in disgrace. Inform the player he can create another character that will actually be an asset to the party or fuck off and not play.

Is it all out of character and digital? Then squelch his OOC. In-person? Then tell him to stop trying to shit on other peoples' fun or fuck off.
>>
>>46191073
>So basically a "stop liking what i don't like" kind of argument?

It doesn't even get that far. It's more like "hurr they disagree on some doctrinal points, durr therefore they can never ever be friendly".
>>
>>46190721
>Playing RPGs with 40kid fluff autismos.
You dug your own grave buds.
>>
>>46191515

Personal bonds of friendship can form even across ideological divides, something we can increasingly forget in these polarizing times.

They might disagree on chapter doctrine, but they can sure as hell respect each other for their killing abilities, sense of honor, and overall personality beyond their chapter colors. They can rib each other over those ideologies, maybe engage in friendly debate once and awhile during downtime, but overall they're in this together, for the Deathwatch, and aligned against the machinations of the insidious xenos.

Anyway, fuck that guy. He sounds like an autist, a stupid one at that, and probably a 1kSons apologist on top of it.
>>
>>46190855
>The Brits and the French hated each other, too, and look how that relationship turned out.

That moreso has to do with the US stepping in and basically saying, "Y'all are gonna get along or I'm gonna kick your asses" through the formation of NATO after WWII, both to combat the Soviet Union and to stop European dickery that caused two World Wars the US got dragged into.

Kinda funny how you learn to play nice when you're forbidden from fighting.
>>
>>46192611
>US fag actually believe this
Yeah, because it wasn't like Britain and France had been bleeding and dying in ditches side by side for years prior to any US involvement in any world war.
>>
>>46192655
They fought together before that in the crusades, that didn't seem to stop them perminatally at least
>>
>>46192611
>That moreso has to do with the US stepping in and basically saying,...
No, it really has nothing to do with you at all actually.

>American education.
Wew.
>>
>>46192705
Neither countries had complete national identities nor modern governments and nationalism in the crusades. You pillock.
>>
>>46192655
>>46192736
Both were, by their own admissions, alliances of convenience for them. They were interested in furthering their colonial expansion and holdings across the globe, and near-constantly worked against each other as often as they worked together. That's not even including the constant skirmishes that occured in colonial regions and the economic warfare that went on.

While they were allies in WWI and WWII, they were fighting against German expansion, not to protect one another out of a feeling of obligation. Their alliance only really became permanent after the US began taking an active role in European politics (mostly because they sought to curb Communism, but also to stop the incessant violence that had plagued Europe since forever) and made alliances and pacts with all Allied nations.

Part of this alliance, however, was the demand that European powers relinquish their colonial holdings abroad (which was negotiated by FDR and Churchill to cement American support of Britain, though Churchill would try to weasel his way out of relinquishing African holdings in an address to Parliament before the US told him to cut the shit) because the US expressly stated they would not prop up European empires. Furthermore, mutual cooperation was a requirement to receive Marshall Plan money, which jump-started the economies of both nations who had been heavily torn to pieces (though this money was eventually repaid largely). Once they were bound together through mutual alliances and lacked major colonial possessions to fight over (and were largely forbidden from attempting to get more, even if they could find the money) they really no longer had any reason to fight, and the near-constant US military presence in both nations through military bases and through joint task forces meant it would have been suicide to try anything against one another.
>>
>>46192736

OUR EDUCATION IS SO AMAZING THAT STUDENTS ACROSS THE NATION BANKRUPT THEMSELVES TO PURCHASE IT
>>
File: 1451052240895.jpg (94 KB, 400x376) Image search: [Google]
1451052240895.jpg
94 KB, 400x376
>>46190878
>Deathwatch novel

Yes. YES. YES!

There 3 sequels that will probably never happen, it's one for this book, one for Baneblade by Haley, and one for Dark Hunters by Kearney.
>>
File: 1447451791581.jpg (13 KB, 290x320) Image search: [Google]
1447451791581.jpg
13 KB, 290x320
>>46190855
I mean, who would we mock if the Brits were not there anymore? Some weird fucks stranded on an island, going around drinking hot water when the bullets fly.
>>
File: that_guy.jpg (44 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
that_guy.jpg
44 KB, 424x318
>>46190721

Sit him down again and tell him to shut the fuck up or leave the game if it bothers him so much, he really sounds like a that guy though.

Pic related is what you should tell him.
>>
>>46195260
Is this Deathwatch novel different from the two mediocre ones CS Goto wrote?
>>
>>46190721
>What can I do?
Make his sign an enlistement form, so that he'll understand what "brother in arms" means when he comes back.

>>46193146
And NATO isn't an alliance of convenience ?
You have both Turkey and Greece in it. And most eastern countries joined just to have insurance against Russia.
Not to mention that France was distancing itself from NATO, having their own nukes and leaving integrated command in 1966.
If anything, the triple Entente was more solid than NATO.
>>
>>46196338
Bud, it's typical of Americans to try and say their government is the reason behind everything to glorify their nation. I see it all the time even when it's uncalled for.
>>
>>46191073
Even Wolves & DA have more of a friendly/intense rivalry than actual conflict with each other.

The SW are honestly on pretty Bro terms with the Loyalist marines.
>>
>>46196307
I think that's the highest praise for C.S. Goto I've ever seen here.
>>
>>46193146
You are aware that France ditched NATO only a couple of years into the alliance right? Almost all of their ties to Britain were made outside of that alliance. De Gaul was as suspicious and distrustful of the Americans as he was of the Brits.
>>
>>46190855
Feels have been had. I read this out loud in narator voice.

10/10, would narate again.
>>
>>46196307
Yes, Steve Parker wrote it - not sure what else he's written for 40k though. It's not the best novel I've ever read, but it's thoroughly enjoyable and gives a pretty decent look into the Deathwatch Plus it hits my fetishes in the last third of the book
>>
>>46198234
>...in the last third of the book
Man, that almost made me sick, fucking great book. I recommended it to all my 40k playing friends. Really want to see more Deathwatch shenanigans from Steve Parker.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.