[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever lost a relationship because of tabletop? Have you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
Have you ever lost a relationship because of tabletop?
Have you ever got in a relationship because of tabletop?
>>
>>46190694
/thread
>>
>>46190641
>Have you ever lost a relationship because of tabletop?
nope

>Have you ever got in a relationship because of tabletop?

Does a threesome count?
>>
>>46190728
Unless it was a regular thing, I don't think it counts.
>>
>>46190641

We already had this exact thread.
>>
>>46190641

My DM was a casual friend but fell in love with me during the course of the campaign, apparently at least in part because I put effort into roleplaying in his creation. I wasn't comfortable with his affections however, as we are the same gender. I broke off all contact when he tried to insert his finger in my anus after a group night out drinking.
>>
>>46190761
Got in a relationship because of tabletop. Broke up for unrelated reasons.

Got in another relationship because of WoW RP, but that's a different story.
>>
I've got into three relationships through tabletop, two of which are still ongoing (ethical polyamory, woo! i.e. all parties are aware, all are cool with it), but the one breakup I had... God, it was a clusterfuck.

The guy seemed awesome, but turned out to be some sort of paranoid narcissist. He kept driving people away, abusing those closest to him and it wasn't long until I suffered the same fate. And the more I tried to help him, the more he reacted like I was conspiring against him. Eventually, I just had to GTFO. I do most of my roleplaying online, and I had to abandon an entire server and roleplaying community just to cut ties with the fucker.

But, that's how I met one of my new boyfriends, and a lot of amazing friends amongst the people he drove away for no good reason, so in the end it was worth it.
>>
>>46191100
>polyamory

Ugh.
>>
>>46191157

Jealous?~
>>
>>46191157
Poly-meme-ory
>>
>>46190641
Why is it always the weird people who respond in these threads?

It's never, "Oh, I met my wife playing D&D." It's always polygamists and sexual deviants.
>>
>>46191193

As much as the 'old school' crowd are incredibly vocal, the player base for traditional games, in my experience, tends to be very progressive.
>>
File: 0582 - crUYnoi.png (205 KB, 622x625) Image search: [Google]
0582 - crUYnoi.png
205 KB, 622x625
I've never been in a relationship
>>
>>46191248
Even the occasional LGBTs I play with aren't exactly cool with alternative relationship fuckery and I would hardly call it progressive. I think it's fine, if both parties were truly into it from the start. If you spring that shit on your SO and pressure them into it you are a bad person.
>>
>>46191100
>ethical polyamory, woo!

It's not ok to be a giant slut, anon.
>>
File: The_Ethical_Slut.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The_Ethical_Slut.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46191431

Can you support that, or is it just kneejerk moralizing?

>>46191414

I agree with you, but that more seems to be about not being an abusive asshole than anything specific to polyamory.
>>
>>46191523
>being this much of a tumblrina

Leave, nigger.
>>
>>46191523
Oh god, you are living poison.

You spread unhappiness under the guise of temporary satiation, all while claiming ethical ground while clearly lacking even common sense.
>>
I'm directly responsible for my roommate lusting after two, and bagging one of our GMs. I was the one who dragged her along to a new campaign.
Then there's another couple, and while I don't think rpgs are directly responsible, he did finish a game over the summer, and /tg/ loves to beat on the "girls spread for GMs" drum, so go pound on that.

Me, I'm just tryin' to get by.
>>
>>46191596
>>46191635

If love is a traditional game, you're the asshole who bans every splatbook and runs core only, purely so you don't have to learn anything new.
>>
File: grow up just fine.jpg (157 KB, 900x801) Image search: [Google]
grow up just fine.jpg
157 KB, 900x801
>>46191193
>Why is it always the weird people who respond in these threads?
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? This is an internet community for grown adults who play pretend and take it seriously. It's nothing but weird people. I consider myself well adjusted by /tg/ standards and I wear a 1.75" wide black leather collar in public.
>>
>>46191157
>>46191193
>>46191431
>>46191523
>>46191596
>>46191635
Please stop, before you summon /pol/.
>>
>>46191193
If it helps at all I play with a couple who met through Shadowrun and they're both pretty well-adjusted and have jobs and pay taxes and shit.
>>
>>46191772
If love was a traditional game, you'd be living poison.
>>
>>46190641

i'm a normal well-adjusted person who separates relationships like that from entertainment times

but i'm pretty sure two of the players in my online saturday game are doing some weird sexting shit because one of them sent a pic of their underwear in the chat by mistake

i deleted it like a cool fella i am and am pretty sure i'm the only one who saw it and i pretend i didn't see it whatsoever but it's still fucking crazy man
>>
>>46191193
They make these threads. They've also been spamming LGBT threads all week, and spamming in other threads as well.

It will die down soon enough. Just report and hide, and they'll eventually get tired of talking to themselves about the same things they talked about last time. These shitstorms come in waves, but they pass. They pass.
>>
>>46191880
>>46191635

You have no idea how happy this makes me. I'm happy, in love and sharing my life with wonderful people, and the thought that the simple act of me doing so and sharing my experience fills you with so much bile is just delicious. I'm glad that my happiness turns your gut and makes you want to spew insults, accusations and wild assertions with no evidence or rationale behind it. Please, continue. I'm actually getting a boner~
>>
File: dnGKRKP.jpg (696 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
dnGKRKP.jpg
696 KB, 1456x2592
>>46191100
You again? Small image board.
>>
>>46191992
Reverse Psychology? Really?

It's kind of heart-breaking to see someone with such a fragile ego, especially someone who needs to validate themselves through other people. You really are just a recipe for dependency issues.

I understand your need to reply to ward off that feeling of inadequacy, but I should point out that when you try to wear your heart on your sleeve like you do, you wind up revealing a lot more of yourself than you think you do, and not in a very positive way.
>>
>>46192072

Nah, I just sincerely enjoy hearing that my existence upsets assholes like you. I'm bored, it's late, and occasionally I enjoy letting lose on people who are just asking to be called small minded morons. It's a time honoured part of 4chan culture.
>>
>>46192134

I understand your need to reply to ward off that feeling of inadequacy, but I should point out that when you try to wear your heart on your sleeve like you do, you wind up revealing a lot more of yourself than you think you do, and not in a very positive way.
>>
>>46192158

Copy/pasting replies? Aww baby, you're ruining it for me. Come on, get that self righteous wrath going, turn me on~
>>
>>46192190
>>
>>46191931
>They make these threads.

Unrelated to the discussion going on at the moment, but I used /tg/ as a case study two years ago when I wrote my master's thesis on the psychology of online anonymity and this fight here is a phenomenon that I really wish I had spent more time looking at when I was writing it. I focused mostly on the dynamics of anonymous arguments, so the concept of perceived ingroups and outrgroups definitely got its appropriate attention, but things like this deliciously loaded "they" make me wish I had focused entirely on the ways anons group people into invisible, completely unquantifiable factions in spite of how little sense it makes in the context of how these boards function.

The drive here to frame individual arguments as "us vs. them" affairs even when the format of the board makes it impossible to tell who is an "us" and who is a "them" is such a fascinating thing.

Bit carry on. I don't have much to contribute to the current debate about polyamory (of all things!), I just continue to find how little anonymity changes the tactics of debate once people start perceiving affiliations kind of amusing. How conscious are these language choices, I have to wonder?
>>
>>46192429
>>
>>46191176
Fuck off Tieg.
>>
>>46192429

You have a very valid point. How people react to online media, the way it affects social discourse and the surprising ways it doesn't, is an area where there's still a lot of ground to be covered and understanding to be developed.

It's one of the reason I enjoy spending time on 4chan. The way people act when they're anonymous is kinda fascinating.
>>
>>46192429
>>46192494

You really need to seek help. I don't know why you've been spamming this board all week, but it's getting pretty tedious to watch you perform like this.
>>
>This entire thread.
Build Wall.
>>
>>46191100
There is no such thing as ethical polyamory, just emotional manipulation and sexual extortion of vulnerable people by narcissists.
>>
>>46192429
4chan is its own social structure. It's actually not that hard to sniff out someone in a very different/unwanted demographic and work from there. Especially when those differences are flaunted. Where it gets shaky is that it's impossible to reliably tell how many of these types there are. There could be one or one thousand, and you know what they say if you find a roach in your kitchen...
>>
>>46192613
I am inclined to agree, since I think personally that humans are more emotionally inclined to one on one relationships, and all this "I have too much love for just one person" is a shitty justification for polyamory. In the end, it's a way for those, typically ones hurt by past relationships, to fuck around, and have an excuse to break up whenever someone breaks the bounds of their supposed sexual freedoms.
>>
The sad part is that /tg/ is more interested in complaining about sexual deviancy than they are in sharing stories about their diverse experiences.
>>
A really interesting trait of anonymous discussions is posts like >>46192534, assuming that any number of people who disagree with them, or even talk about a subject tangential to the discussion, must be the same person. It is really interesting.
>>
>>46192534
Ironically, given the point that I was making, you're confusing two different people here. I actually don't care much for polygamy either.

Funny enough though, I would actually be the one *giving* the help, considering my line of work!
>>
Polyamory: For when everything else just isn't speshul snoflake enough.
>>
>>46192656
The sad part is people are willing to bump these troll threads under the guise of wanting to discuss traditional games.
>>
>>46192613
>just emotional manipulation and sexual extortion of vulnerable people
In the slut's defense, this also describes good portion of monogamous relationships.
>>
>>46192677
>>46192680
You really need to get help. I'm not joking. You're sick, and you shouldn't be shitting up this board just because you feel so insecure about your life choices.
>>
>>46192656

Hey, I shared my story. Then indulged in some mild trolling when people were upset that I was happy and living my life the way I want to. I feel justified.
>>
>>46192688
I actually don't understand how the question "has your hobby ever ruined a relationship or helped you form a lasting one" is trolling. It's probably the most innocuous question you could ask someone on the board, unless you're trying to imply someone made the thread specifically so they could talk about polygamy and then debate people about it.
>>
>>46192724
>>
>>46192719

As one of the two different people you're replying to, it really feels like you're projecting.
>>
>>46192704
That's not a defense as much as it's an argument for abstinence.
>>
>>46192747
That's because you are trying to play a game, and an obvious one.
It's not too hard to spot a person who abuses the nature of being anonymous, nor is it hard to spot one acting with an agenda. I know you want to treat everyone like idiots, but that's largely why you are so sloppy and transparent.
>>
File: 1359609937641.jpg (64 KB, 854x270) Image search: [Google]
1359609937641.jpg
64 KB, 854x270
>>46192429
I don't know if this is relevant to your interests or even if you're serious but that post reminded me of this little doozy I found some time ago. It really is fascinating the way people act on here.

>he says, as if he's somehow above these influences
>>
>>46192795

That's actually really interesting. Saved, and my thanks to you.
>>
I initially had high hopes for finding a /tg/ friendly partner, but that never ended up happening. My first serious relationship (3 years) was too afraid to play rpgs because he thought'd he'd make a fool of himself and my current relationship (approaching 2 years) just doesn't give a shit about adventure fiction or rpgs. I can't complain too much though, sometimes I think it might be a good thing that we don't share too many hobbies, I can be a bit of an opinionated asshole sometimes and it gives us less to argue about.
>>
>>46192785

It's kinda funny at this point. You claim to be so great at reading people, but by my count you've replied to three or four different people by this point.
>>
File: 1457495961561.jpg (23 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1457495961561.jpg
23 KB, 500x368
>Have you ever got in a relationship

No.
>>
I met my wife on an online RPG chat, but only after losing the friends with benefits relationship I had with her college roommate.
>>
I got into tabletops because of a relationship, not sure where that fits in. All I know is it feels weird to be the "tagalong partner" when I'm the guy, especially when so many people immediately assume the opposite. Basically I got into DMing around the same time I lost my V-card, which still never ceases to confuse me.
>>
>>46192888
I think your mistake is in assuming the singular vs. the plural you. Not that the number really matters in the end.

You need help. How many of you and your boyfriends there might be.
Regardless of how well you might think you blend in, how much effort you put into your posts, you can't hide your agenda, and that's really the first thing you should be casting aside when posting on /tg/.
>>
>>46190641
I'm a forever DM, and all of my GFs in recent times are through my RPG groups. To catalogue:
Houdini Bullshit - met over D&D Rules Cyclopedia
Indiana Jane - same campaign, later date
Fireworks - met over a Cthulhu Dark one-shot involving Hastur
Random Encounter - Met at D&D encounters, impressed by my old-school gaming mentality.
Current GF - Met at Random Encounter's game night... which I somehow ended up GMing after 2 sessions... I still don't know how that happened....

Fireworks - There was a lot going downhill (drug abuse, poor life choices, etc.), but the point at which I resolved myself to strongly consider a breakup was after a few consecutive sessions of an investigation-heavy campaign in which all she'd do was get really high and wait for the dick whilst rubbing my leg and being distracting to all involved.
>>
>>46192876
>sometimes I think it might be a good thing that we don't share too many hobbies, I can be a bit of an opinionated asshole sometimes and it gives us less to argue about.
I'll drink to that. The gf is utterly, utterly clueless and uninterested in anything remotely approaching nerdery, but our personalities work really well together and our tastes in other things match up pretty well. And I'm fairly sure it's a good thing. I'm a contrarian by nature and can get kinda anal about people liking the things I like for the "right" reasons or in the "right" way.

This way there's none of that. I do my thing and she does her thing and then we do other unrelated things together. Otherwise I'd just probably end up being That Shit who gets upset/frustrated that not getting his favourite thing the way and intensity that he does means you don't really get him as a person, and god I cringe just thinking about that possibility.
>>
>>46190641
I've met my girlfriend back in my High School's D&D Club about 6 years ago. She was my first and hopefully only relationship that I'd ever have. We currently have a son of 4 years old, and we still play TRPGs to this day.
>>
>>46193037

And if I'm putting in no effort at all, and just enjoying your increasingly crazed talk of conspiracies and hidden agendas?
>>
>>46193107
>high school
>six years ago
>four year old kid

Congrats on ruining both your lives!
>>
>>46193174
It's hardly hidden. It's a pretty obvious pattern (repeated threads within a short span of time, repeated themes, nearly identical posts), and being able to use the pleb archive really simplifies a lot of the guesswork, especially the ability to track the history of when images are posted. It's hardly impressive detective work, and a few spammers are hardly a conspiracy, but it's not the first time a small group tried to carve out a little slice of /tg/ for themselves.

No one likes getting called out when they think they're being particularly "sneaky", but making the same threads the last week in the same style, and even going so far as remaking this old thread from last January (when there was another string of spammed LGBT threads) it makes it kind of suspicious, to say the least.
Let's hope it's all just a coincidence.
>>
>>46193371

Okay. Just hypothetically speaking, if a small group of people were somehow trying to, uh, carve a slice of /tg/ by making threads and making certain posts... What would their goal be? What is their motivation or intended end result? It all sounds phenomenally pointless.
>>
File: ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg (57 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg
57 KB, 500x667
>OP makes thread asking for relationship stories in games
>Someone mentions polyamory
>/tg/ explodes
The virginity is strong in this thread.
>>
>>46193360
It was hard at first, but thankfully both of our mothers was very accepting of our little unforeseen circumstance and they've lent all the support they could. I was already graduated from High School when the pregnancy happened, but she wasn't. I took care of our son while she finished her studies, since a High School education is the bare minimum for minimum standards of living.

Thankfully, a combination of a Wal-Mart job, a monthly Social Security check (Since like the *vast* majority of channers, I am autistic), and foodstamps has helped us stay afloat and happy.
>>
>>46193481

Good for you. I wish you all the happiness in the world. It can't be an easy position to be in, but it sounds like you're making the best of it, and it's all any of us can do.
>>
>>46193417
Probably something like this.

>>46192795
Narcissism makes them want to make the boards into an extension of themselves, with little regard to what there plans do to the board. They bring pointless conflict and arguments here because they feel a need to construct an illusion that everyone is "like myself." Rather than accepting the proper place for discussing certain aspects of themselves, they feel a need to force confrontation and in their minds potentially overwhelm opposition through sheer volume, all so that they can create a space they feel comfortable in.
What they fail to realize is that they will never "overwhelm" the opposition on 4chan, where people are largely free to speak their opinion. All they do is generate controversy, spawn antagonism, and create an environment where instead of being able to discuss the topic at hand, a culture war develops. That sort of thing is the exact reason why topics of certain volatile natures are best left to their appropriate boards.

Or, they're bored and like to shitpost. I don't know, it's not like it matters either way what their goal is, all that matters is that their methods are awful.
>>
>>46193371
I'd be willing to say most /tg/ fans are fat, autistic, or gay. Let's just be honest here.
>>
>>46193517
Thank you! Honestly, the hardest part of our lives were the fact that we were both living with my mom for the first 2 to 3 years of our lives, since we were both essentially fresh out of highschool. Her literally and me being wishy-washy about doing anything differently. But I got straight off my ass when our son was born and we moved from Wisconsin to Tennessee to look for the cheapest of rents.
>>
>>46193544

I feel like you're projecting pretty hard, dude.
>>
>>46193596
Even if that were the case, that doesn't make this /pol/ or /lgbt/.

>Let's just be honest here.
I really wish.
>>
File: image.jpg (531 KB, 2943x2155) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
531 KB, 2943x2155
>>46191100
>ethical polyamory
Fuck off with that bullshit.
>>
>>46191992
So if an action is good by the mere merit that it makes you "happy" and feel "good" and "in love", does that mean of I cpuld only feel those feelings by murdering my partner and skull fucking their corpse, I have moral justification to do it?
Just because something gives you good feelings doesn't make it right or justified.
>>
>>46193608
Honestly, I was just having fun spinning that image back on you. It's funny, because with this post I can now also say that you're projecting about projecting.

Keep in mind, plural you. I don't particularly care about which one it is.
>>
>>46193596
Based upon what evidence?
The first two I cluld agree with, though only based on antocedal evidince which is not a good basis for an arguement.
The last one I'd be less inclined to agree with, as I've only ever met two gays in my entire time of engaging in /tg/ related hobbies. Now granted, that they make up a small portion is to be expected, as gays make up, even with the most liberal estimate about 3% of the population, but that doesn't really discount my doubts.
>>
>>46193802
Don't engage. He was clearly just making a flippant statement.
>>
>>46193626
I don't think a few mentions of alternative lifestyles here and there are attempt to "fag up /tg/", sure there are obvious bait threads but the antagonistic reaction seems to out proportion to the occurrence. I won't deny there are some LGBT trollbaiters, but they are outnumbered by those innocuously mentioning LGBT issues as part of the issue at hand.

I'd say the small contingent of blatant racists on /tg/ is roughly the same population as the homophobes, and they spend more posts complaining about these issues than the LGBT and brown contingent spends posting about them.
>>
>>46193360

For the record, kids are awesome. Never quite understood why having a kid was ruining your life. If your qualm is about how early it was, perhaps they decided they would rather not be parents still when they were 50.
>>
>>46193828
Oh yes, I'm well aware, but I don't have much better to do. Besides, I'm saging, so it's not like I'm keeping this thread alive.
>>
>>46192909

I'd make the obligatory link to /r9k/, but that's also me.
>>
>>46191100
Ha! I wonder if that's me.

I do the majority of my RPing online and a lot of these communities tend to be filled with people that eventually know one another real life. I'm a paranoid narcissist who routinely abuses people close to me to drive them away. I can think of about half a dozen girls I've driven out of various servers with break-ups.

Wouldn't be surprised to find out a lot of the people from those servers browsed /tg/.
>>
>>46193832
>Never quite understood why having a kid was ruining your life.
Additional expenses in terms of both money and time. Plenty of people can't reasonably afford that until later in life.
>>
>>46193832
Yeah, no... Our child was very much a "surprise baby". We still love him very much nowadays as opposed to our initial horrified and scared reactions.
>>
>>46193831
But what facts do you have to back up your claims?
Your trying to demograph an anonymous imageboard and the percentage of anons who are gay, or hold racist or "homophobic" views. Without any actual facts to bak it up, you're just using anecdotal evidence to back up claims you pulled out of your ass.
You're spewing shit based upon claims that are inherently impossible to support. for all you all of /tg/ could be full blown stormfags who hang blacks and gays on the weekend, save for you and two other guys.
>>
>>46191100
>I do most of my roleplaying online, and I had to abandon an entire server and roleplaying community just to cut ties with the fucker.
Of all the bullshit right here, this is the hardest to believe.
Since when is it a significant relationship if the two of you have never met in person?
>I have two girlfriends in Canada, I swear!
>>
>>46193596
I'll report in as a hetero, man who likes to do sport-esque things (not games, but hiking or rock climbing), and has a fairly healthy social life.

Not a model of health physically or socially, but far from unhealthy.

Probably a sample or self reporting bias in this as a survey question though.
>>
>>46193831
Please, honesty. I kind of understand you need to go into damage control mode, but I'm not here to discuss your opinion on some secondary concern, or your attempts to downplay the repeated attempts to spam LGBT threads in the last week, including the late night one made just last night to avoid the moderators. I'm here to condemn you for trying to pretend that spamming your agenda, regardless of your own perceptions of it, is anything innocent.

I don't care about racists, or homophobes, until they start spamming threads, and that isn't the issue at hand. Regardless of how much you would want them to leave, they want you to leave just as fervently, and conflict will always, inevitably, result. It's best to avoid that conflict, and leave those kind of sensitive controversial topics which lead to heated debates in /pol/. That's what /pol/ is for.
>>
>>46193957

The only person spamming an agenda here is you, moron. No matter what people say or where they try to take the discussion, you just can't help dragging it back to your core fear.
>>
File: 1457727864550.jpg (11 KB, 201x219) Image search: [Google]
1457727864550.jpg
11 KB, 201x219
You're all my best friends. and I met you via /tg/.
>>
File: 1430156261186.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1430156261186.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>46191523
I thought this was /tg/? Where are the rules for rolling in this pdf? or is it some sort of 'free-form' rpg?
>>
>>46193991
That's an interesting attempt to divert the issue. Pretty straightforward and bold.
Unapologetic even.

I would love if this issue just resolved itself, and we didn't see any more "activism" here, regardless of what side one might take. With that said, I don't think there needs to be anything more said.
>>
>>46193933
Well, speaking as this guy: >>46193867

It's not uncommon for me to have pettily sent around nude photographs shared in confidence, or dark secrets. And those're just the relationships that haven't progressed to our physically meeting yet. It's like any other relationship, you open up and give people your baggage, confiding and unburdening yourself to them.

And even in the cases where you don't feed them ammo, it's just uncomfortable as fuck to be on a server and have someone actively turning people against you. I mean, 99% of any roleplay server is OOC drama more than anything that happens IC and it's always fun to listen in on until it's your life on display that everyone is clucking their tongues at and talking about.
>>
>>46193991
Not him, but you're a faggot and your comments shit up the board.

>>46194005
You on the other hand are pretty cool.
Keep doing what you do, man.
>>
>>46194047
yeah, it's for freeform ERP LARP
>>
>>46193910
Aye, that came across as I read the rest of the thread, but I responded when I did. Still, I want to congratulate you guys. I am a WI native, and I know TN doesn't have as much work as we do, but if you think you could cut it you may want to look at trades. Unions will pay for education and you will be working in the mean time. It may help you stay off SSI.
>>
>>46191992
Fag. Good troll though.
>>
Met my fiancee over a forum for MTG so I guess that counts
>>
>>46192429
Hey Kazerad, update fucking Prequel goddamn.
>>
>>46193929
What I'm saying is that for every topic-relevant LGBT drop, you have 5 posts saying GTFO and not contributing anything to the discussion.

What if that drop was harmless and just trying to contribute to the conversation? Why waste so much space with outrage when you could instead post something on-topic?

I'll be the first to condemn bait and off-topic posts (this thread notwithstanding, because it's already barely /tg/ related), but I feel like a lot of /tg/ relevant posts mentioning LGBT issues off-handed are answered by volatility that contributes nothing to the discussion at hand.

There are definitely LGBT shitposters, they should be ignored. If you can't say something constructive about a LGBT non-shitpost, you should ignore it and focus on contributing to the topic at hand.
>>
>>46194067
>I mean, 99% of any roleplay server is OOC drama more than anything that happens IC and it's always fun to listen in on until it's your life on display that everyone is clucking their tongues at and talking about.
Pft, that reminds me of a player from one of my old groups who was ERPing with the cousin of another member of the group- somehow he had passed the Brocode requirements for it.
We met in person, he just told me when I saw he had Skype open to the wrong person during one of our games: one of the players couldn't make it in person.
Turns out said ERPer had been getting catfished by a third player (not me, thank God) because the guy who was fishing him thought he was being a creep and it would be good for a laugh, apparently getting permission from the player whose 'cousin' he was imitating.
I don't think we ever met in person after that.
>>
>>46194225
>What I'm saying is that for every topic-relevant LGBT drop, you have 5 posts saying GTFO and not contributing anything to the discussion.
Have you ever considered that that large volume of anti LGBT posters may be caused by the fact that a good portion of people here aren't pro-gay, or "homophobic" as you termed it.
>>
>>46193481
Any woman I met would dump a guy if he made them use foodstamps. Means she cares about you more than money. That's rare.
>>
>>46194268
Well, I'm not going to shit up a narrativist gaming thread because I prefer simulationist gaming. I'm not pro-narrativist, but I know well enough to keep my mouth shut rather than accusing people of bad-wrong-fun.
>>
>>46194268
So because you disagree with someone's life choices it's okay to derail the thread?
>>
>>46194225
That is your opinion.
It is wrong and biased, and assumes that everyone agrees with you. It is unrealistic and self-defeating, and causes, has caused, and will continue to cause the same amount of controversy it always has, with the only potential to increase with your persistence.
As far as you should be concerned, there is no such thing as a LGBT non-shitpost (just as in your eyes there is no such thing as a homophic non-shitpost), since you apparently lack the ability to tell the difference, or are merely pretending. You err on the side of permission, without recognizing what that same level of permission would grant to the people who disagree with you.
>>
>>46194268

Being anti-gay is pretty much the definition of homophobic, and unless you missed the memo it's not socially acceptable anymore. Which I suppose is why we see so much anonymous shit on the internet, from cowardly bigots venting their impotent rage. It's sorta sad, really.
>>
>>46194389
Not being pro-gay doesn't mean being anti-gay.
I mean, I won't discourage fags from buggering each other, but I won't support them either.
>>
File: ravenloft.jpg (125 KB, 1079x565) Image search: [Google]
ravenloft.jpg
125 KB, 1079x565
>>46194254
Reminds me of my first time roleplaying online.

>discover Ravenloft 3rd edition D&D server
>all text-based, uses a custom java applet
>fucking love me some Ravenloft
>setting is some homebrew metropolis on the edge of Darkon
>roll up a charismatic rapier-dagger Rogue named Tristan from Lamordia
>hang around the shitty side of town looking to make some headway into the local criminal underbelly
>member of a local gang 'The Crimson Hand' shows interest in recruiting me
>character is a bosomy Elf Ranger named Saesa
>has an Outcast Rating of 3 and a pisspoor Charisma because powergaming, but whatevs
>Outcast Rating... fuck, I love me some Ravenloft
>go through the motions trying the best that younger me can to appear both professionally competent and suave
>Saesa responds positively to both
>after initial interview head over to the local tavern for some drinks
>night wears on, both characters a little tipsy, head on outside
>convince Saesa for roll in the hay in the alleyway behind the tavern
>Saesa's on board!
>babby's first introduction to ERP and cybersex
>finish up, Saesa has to log for the evening
>swagger into the OOC room
>brag about my conquest and what a seductive adonis I am
>players all laugh at me
>Saesa's a guy named Alex
>"A-Alex can be a girl's name"
>apparently Alex is the server's bisexual slut that trolls around looking for anyone to cyber
>I was his latest scalp
> /humiliation
>still, I stuck around on the server... after rolling a Caliban Paladin and deleting Tristan to keep a low profile
>after all, love me some Ravenloft
>>
>>46194389
Oh, for the love of everyone who doesn't hate you yet, stop. Stop it with your propaganda, stop it with your debating, stop it with your agenda-pushing.

Stop. Take it to /pol/.
>>
Wow, this thread is a goddamn clusterfuck.
>>
>>46193737
Well, you'd be also causing a whole lot of suffering that way. I don't think it's really comparable.
>>
>>46194500
>clusterfuck.
Amusing choice of word, since it was a polyamory post that set it off.
>>
>>46193957
>I don't care about racists, or homophobes, until they start spamming threads
So you do care.
>>
>>46194500
...Did you even read the OP?
>>
>>46194365
There are definitely lgbt shitposters, but I'd define a lgbt non-shitpost as a post which is relevant to the topic at hand. If someone asks about worldbuilding and someone mentions the LGBT aspects of a culture that is a valid post, if a parade of replies follows with nothing but trash talking that isn't valid posting. If someone describes in the same topic how LGBT character's aren't accepted I'll man up and let it pass, if LGBT vigilantes start attacking that person for "homophobia" in their world creation I'll condemn their judgement as metagaming.

On the other-hand, a shitpost contributes nothing to the topic, such as telling someone to get off the board. If you're more focused on criticizing someone's sexuality OR discussing your own sexuality than contributing to the primary subject you're shitposting.

Honestly, at this point I'm shitposting, but this thread is a shitstorm, I've already reported it, and I'm saging it.
>>
>>46190641
Sort of, I guess. I had a girlfriend for all of like two weeks who got really weird about me role-playing. She didn't complain about it or anything, but she got distant starting at that exact point, seemed to find excuses to be too busy to hang out, then apparently cheated on me with her ex during spring break. There was other shit going on, so I don't know that the role-playing was a deal beaker by itself, but I get the impression she thought it was for little kids and losers. No big loss there.

I met a girl through people I role-played with, but I wouldn't say I exactly met her through role-playing. Even though she did briefly play in a game I was running, that was more incidental and role-playing was never her thing. That relationship was relatively short lived too. I let it die of neglect when I went off to college. In retrospect I could have handled that better and with a decent bit more consideration.

>>46191193
>Why is it always the weird people who respond in these threads?
I guess they have more interesting things to say?
>>
>>46194325
Well she wasn't exactly new to foodstamps, her mother is an immature woman-child who doesn't work, has 4 children (My girlfriend being the oldest), I swear doesn't know *how* to clean (Seriously, her house had fucking garbage piled up against the walls of the hallways!), and she was always taking in animals when she could barely afford to feed her children.

There is a reason my strict half-German mother let my girlfriend live with us. My mom might be strict, but first and foremost she's a mom.
>>
I brought my young college virgin girlfriend to tabletop session. My pals seem to think I'm banging her just because we make out and cuddle up all the time. It's annoying. She doesn't have a pc but gives me tips or clues on what my character should do next. I don't really want tell everyone thay we aren't banging.
>>
File: 1427300996361.png (295 KB, 939x718) Image search: [Google]
1427300996361.png
295 KB, 939x718
>>46194587
>I've already reported it, and I'm saging it.
>Announcing your sage in a thread you just reported
This thread is just a thing of beauty.
>>
>Tabletop group with more than 1 female present.

Wonder what fantasy that artist lives in.
>>
File: and then there's this.png (203 KB, 787x1403) Image search: [Google]
and then there's this.png
203 KB, 787x1403
>>46194500
>Wow, this thread is a goddamn clusterfuck.
Excuse me while I gleefully throw gasoline on the fire then. (Just to be clear though, pic was posted here before and is not me.)
>>
>>46194659
By the way, isn't announcing that you reported bannable offense?
>>
>>46194690
>Rule 7.
>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

Happy reading, y'all.
>http://www.4chan.org/rules
>>
File: 1452913513497.gif (941 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
1452913513497.gif
941 KB, 627x502
>>46190728
you cant just say you've been in a threesome and not tell the story you twat
>>
>>46194389
You know, I read this whole fuckimg thread and wasn't baited once. And then this fucker comes in saying being against homosexuality is the same as being homophobic.

Step one: homophobic is the stupidest -ist in existence. Each other -ist (racist, Marxist, abolitionist, etc) describes being a part of a group of some sort organized by at least some formal or informal doctrine. Homophobic describes an individual that is terrified irrationally of men buggering each other (just as all other phobias do: triskaidekaphobia, arachnophobia, hydrophobia). This term is loaded.

Step 2: appealing to era is a form of ad hominem attack by suggesting that a preceding era is by nature inferior. To which I point to various feats of remarkable intellect done in the past: the building of the pyramids, proving the earth rotates, surveying the US. All of these elegantly solves in their day are done as well or better than we can today. Further your temporalphobic (ironic usuage highlighted for sarcasm points) stance implies we have reaches the end of enlightenment, but often in history we have changed what was once a widespread belief. Sometimes we even convert backwards (heavens forbid).

Step 3: being against homosexuality should not be conflated with being against homosexual people. I am very against people doing homosexual acts, but I will fucking defend your right to do so (similarly I am against racism, but I want you to be able to be racist if you wish). See, I think you are wrong, but you don't need to be right.

Step 4: social acceptability is the single worst grounds for a progressive ethical system. See, in order for it to become wrong to bash gays when it was once okay, the people advocating gay rights had to be socially unacceptable at one time. So the unacceptable minority is precisely what gets this progressive utopia you live in. As such, for someone to spew progressive rhetoric while appealing to following the herd is simply retaded. Character cap
>>
>>46194389
>Being anti-gay is pretty much the definition of homophobic, and unless you missed the memo it's not socially acceptable anymore
Christ man, you sure your not a stormfag falseflag?
Might as well have said
>you don't support gays? Whats wrong with you, it's 2016!
Really man. I don't give fuck about who or what you stick your dick into, or what you have stuck into you, but I do not want to hear about it, and I certainly don't want to hear you claiming that if I don't 100% endorse it then I'm a bigot.
Fuck off with your bullshit, positive rights are a lie, nobody has a right to marriage, or a right to anything, only negative rights, those which are protections of your freedoms, are legitimate.
>>
>>46194535

This guy....
>>
>>46194389
>anti-gay is pretty much the definition of homophobic
But that's technically wrong. Homophobia is the fear of homosexuals. Just because people overwhelmingly use it incorrectly doesn't mean they're right.
>>
>>46194837
>>46194862

Wow, the homophobes really are coming out of the woodwork.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x294
>46194916
Just fuck off man, I aint giving you another (you)
Your post is bait, and I will not indulge you by replying direct.
>>
>>46194587
> I'd define a lgbt non-shitpost as a post which is relevant to the topic at hand

I'm wary and cautious of such a casual distinction, regardless of the opinion on the controversial matter, because shitposting has evolved over the years to include "effort-posting", a bizarre adaptation to try and disguise a shitpost as a genuinely relevant and insightful response. An innocent-seeming post made about a controversial topic, followed by a stormy debate, makes it easy to point the blame on the people who attacked the original post, and that's not something unknown or a brand new idea. Falseflags, puppet debates, off-site organizing, it all's been done before and it all will be repeated.

At the end of the day, I want to be able to trust the other people on this board to be posting without agendas and elaborate machinations at play, but the horrible truth is that people think themselves rather clever and are willing to try all sorts of elaborate schemes that they very well may be able to get away with on this anonymous image board. It might even be a game to some, and the calculated efforts that people have exhibited in the past have been particularly eye-opening, particularly the methods used to attempt to propagate certain memes or to establish certain generals.

I agree largely with the intentions of what you said, but there is the fault in that your prescription is passivity, which simply says to let the storm happen while hoping it catches the glare in your eyes. I'm tired of trying to define the lines of what is largely a purposeless debate that has little consequence to any traditional game, and am fully willing to say "To Hell with this shit already, take that debate elsewhere."
>>
>>46194903
A phobia can be a fear or aversion to something. Xenophobia, for instance, tends to be more about suspicion and dislike of foreigners.
>>
File: Bait_5c538b_5515578.gif (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Bait_5c538b_5515578.gif
12 KB, 200x200
>>46194916
>>
>>46194916

Could you kindly tell me where I said something homophobic, even using what I suppose is your definition of that word. I was the long post you didn't read.
>>
Just go back to wherever you came from- /pol/ or /lgbt/ or Tumblr or Reddit, so you can vent your vengeful autism about how people on the internet are wrong in peace.
Seriously, as hilarious as this thread is, it helps nothing and we'll have another one within the week for you guys to sperg out about.
>>
>>46194974
Xenophobia is the fear of outsiders - it manifests in distrust and aversion.
>>
>>46194996

>I am very against people doing homosexual acts
>>
>>46195044

Ah, I see you have neglected the context of the statement. What, pray tell, is that context?
>>
>>46195044
>>46195067
Please, just stop. Just... stop.

I know who I agree with, but I disagree with both of you right now.
>>
>>46191193
Because normal people have actual shit to do like maintaining a healthy relationship which means they aren't on /tg/ as often.

Also, they can resist the urge to post in bait threads.

Since I'm neither one, here's OP's "you".
>>
>>46194645
Why arent you fucking your girlfriend anon?
>>
>>46195075

It is a strange thing to pretend to be someone else when you are already anonymous. Given how trolly thing were getting, I doubt "the other guy" gave up because you asked or I convinced him. After minutes of waiting for a reply, I am left to assume this is he.

For the record, simple disagreement would have been fine, I got overloaded on a particular density of loadwsness in one comment. Your response was a double down...unfortunate.
>>
>>46195239
What is up with you, and using these words, are you trying to sound smart? What the fuck is a loadwsness?
>>
>>46195239
Or, he's busy running his other thread.
>>
>>46195270

On a phone, typed loadedness - referencing loaded terms. No better way to say it, and by admission there, no I am not trying to sound smart. Much more interested in pinning down what is homophobic about defending gay rights despite disagreeing with lifestyle choices.
>>
>>46190986

James?
>>
>>46194749
There's nothing unique about his situation other than he had another guy/girl join in. You can do that within half an hour of looking on Craigslist. Story time isn't really necessary here.
>>
>>46196144

Oh god, please tell me it was James.
>>
>>46190641
One time I got this girl friend of mine into a game with me, because I thought she would like them. We weren't together then but were starting to get closer. The game was horrible (Call of Cthulhu with a bunch of ThatGuys) but she got interested enough in the concept to keep playing with me and other people when we later got together. We're still close friends and play together from time to time.

OTOH I lost a game because of a relationship. Years later I set up a different group with my current girlfriend and a bunch of her friends. They were all first-timers but the game was promising, and quite refreshing to DM for newbs without preconceptons. Then the whore left me out of the blue, and I lost all contacts with those people. I miss the game more than I miss her.
>>
>>46196994

Not all of us live in the fantastical magic world where threesomes fall from the god damned sky every twenty minutes. And Craigslist is more an opportunity to prostitution and/or Chinese organ harvesting. Unless you have somehow found a place where there is nothing but threesomes all the live long day with beautiful barely legals who spend most of the time making you sandwiches and giving blow jobs. If this is the case you are honor bound, sir or madam, to tell us of this place and give us through directions as well as hopefully diagrams.

That being said, all threesomes are stories worth hearing. Nay, all threesomes are stories IN NEED of hearing. Even just for the "and then it turned out she shit in the tub" endings.
>>
I know a guy who was given an ultimatum by his wife after he said he was going out to help repair a relative's house and so couldn't help her with DIY, then just went round a mate's and played Twilight Imperium

A gutsy move but it didn't end well
>>
>>46197093
>If this is the case you are honor bound, sir or madam, to tell us of this place and give us through directions as well as hopefully diagrams.

I could give you directions, but unless you already knew the way you wouldn't know how to follow them. I can, however, guide you in the opposite direction if you get my meaning: >>>/r9k/.
>>
I dated a girl I met through tabletop. We broke up because the relationship became long distance after uni. Sad but it was good while it lasted and I learned a lot
>>
>>46193832
My kids are grown up now.

Kids are great but it's not until you get your life back again that you realise how much you give up for them.

Money and freedom is awesome as well.
>>
>>46194974
You're missing a key word - a phobia is an irrational fear or aversion.

If someone dislikes gays for rational reasons then it's not a phobia
>>
File: 1456685195474.jpg (51 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1456685195474.jpg
51 KB, 680x680
>>46191193
>It's never, "Oh, I met my wife playing D&D."
Actually, I met my wife playing Shadowrun.
>>
>>46190728
>Does a threesome count?
Please tell this tale.. unless it was a devils threeway
>>
As I have no friends and noone to pay games with, no. What am I doing wrong /tg/?
>>
>>46193431
Yeah, I don't get it either.
>>
>>46190641
I dated the GM for a while. He wasn't even gay, I just play a girl PC that well.
>>
>>46190641
not a relationship really, but I used to have sex with the DM of a really old group, years back.
>>
>>46199137
Are you both gay or was this just a friendly brojob every now and again?
>>
File: Spooky.jpg (11 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
Spooky.jpg
11 KB, 219x230
>>46190641
>Get into an online group
>There is a girl in this one
>Average looking, but super nice and funny and we get along immediately
>Everything is fine for a while, just two guys on the internet playing games
>Start talking to her more and more, now talk to her every day till 3 a.m.
>Both of us reveal o be interested in eachother, but decide to wait
>There is a comic con near her town, on the other side of the Country
>Decide to go, ask her to go with me since i don't know my way around there and i might get lost
>We are going to meet in person for the first time in a couple of weeks
>pic related
>>
>>46199221
It's going to be extremely awkward and you're going to blow your one chance because you're either not going to make a move at the right time or be too eager and make a move early.

This is for the best though, long distance relationships are failures from the start.
>>
>>46199221
Dude you need to hit that with a fucking strength+ warhammer and keep going till you get kicked out by Con Security... that or until the Con ends while you fuck behind some chill bro's stand.
>>
>>46199148
I'm openly gay, he claims he's was straight and only using me because he was "pent-up." He wasn't that bad-looking, and he was a pretty aggressive top.

Nowadays, he's married and has a kid on the way. We still talk from time to time, but we haven't done anything sexual since he got married yet anyway, I think he's dropping hints. Not that I'm gonna get in bed with a married man, mind you
>>
>>46199221
wait, I think I've read this post before. Is this pasta?
>>
File: Marriage - Imgur.jpg (152 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
Marriage - Imgur.jpg
152 KB, 900x450
>>46190641
Because of tabletop? Not quite we've just agreed not to game together anymore, but we still hang out.

>got in a relationship...?
Marriage count?
>>
>>46199285
So as long as its not in a bed then?
>>
>>46199298
I'm pretty sure its Pasta, I got intense deja vu when I saw it.
>>
>>46199314
I'd fucking die of cute overload if my gf had a full body pj with ears.
>>
>>46190641
No but i knew a guy that did, kind of, a friend of mine who asked to come play DnD with him. The group was me, a random we had found off the net and a girl he was friends with. Now i didn't know this at the time but that girl was his ex who he had eyes on getting back with after he had broken up with her like 5 months ago

Yeah one time a friend of mine asked me to play a DnD game with him, one of his friends and a random off the net. his friend was this supper arty girl who started hitting on me day one, we got along pretty well and she hated staying at home due to some family issues so she stayed over at my place every chance she got, mostly before the DnD games, until i kissed her

Tom if you're out there i'm sorry i upset you but they way your acting is kind of ridiculous, can't we just be friends?
>>
>>46199315
I don't really want someone that's married, or even seeing someone else, to stick their dick in me. It's just disrespectful towards the person they're together with.

I mean, why get in a relationship if all you're going to do is screw around with other people?
>>
>>46199285
You might want to consider skydiving sans the parachute.
>>
>>46199221
It was the same for me and my current gf
We ended up booking an hotel room and we fucked for a whole day. We've been together for four years
godspeed anon
>>
>>46197239

>dislikes gays for rational reasons

Comedy gold
>>
>>46199415
>current year
>>
>>46199221

Don't listen to assholes like >>46199247

Give it your best shot, take things as they come, and try to make the best of it. Long distance relationship are difficult, but they can be immensely rewarding.
>>
>>46199298
It's pasta since i am the same guy who posted it before
>>
>>46191193
I met my fiancee while I was painting chaos space marines.
>>
File: Burgerpants3.gif (7 KB, 217x216) Image search: [Google]
Burgerpants3.gif
7 KB, 217x216
>>46192613
>>
>>46197546
Weirdo...playing Shadowrun.
>>
>>46197546
>"Nanomamemes, son!"
>>
>>46199314
No, marriage does not count as a relationship.
>>
>>46193431
you seem to be buttrustled.
>>
>>46194645

Trying to hide your homosexuality, anon?
>>
File: rustled jimmies.jpg (112 KB, 395x470) Image search: [Google]
rustled jimmies.jpg
112 KB, 395x470
>>46201190
No, but something else is.
>>
>>46194215
That's not me! Although I really want to read this guy's thesis if he's willing to share it.
>>
>>46193596
or all three
>>
also I lost my best friend playing D&D
>be a noob
>join a D&D group through a school club
>have fun even though I hardly know what I'm doing
>be down a player
>invite my friend to join
>they are somewhat unstable mentally but a good friend and very eager
>we get a sentient mushroom in the party as an NPC
>my friend becomes attached to it
>a couple sessions of slogging later, its killed randomly
>friend says it's okay
>a couple session later they quit abruptly, via text message
>that feel when they wont even talk to you now
>>
>>46200233
>weirdo
To be quite honest, that describes the majority of the people on /tg/, well, with the exception of those who come here to exclusively shitpost. Those are just shitposters.
>>
No, I've never even been in a relationship in the first place.
A friend of mine met his boyfriend through tabletop, though.
>>
The best thing in this whole thread is people thinking they're clever and can tell who's who and all the tricks they're playing when to the casual observer (me) it's just a bunch of people over reacting and inflating their egos based on some fantasy that they're being clever.
>>
>>46205920
>inb4 I'm accused of being someone in this thread from earlier,
that was my first post here
>>
>>46190641
I met my gf through my D&D game.
>>
>>46205940
>>46205920
Same person, stop spamming the thread trying to force your opinion on everybody, you fucking chuwero
>>
>>46199314
>Marriage count?
Usually the first two or three years still do.
>>
I just wanted cute stories of fa/tg/uys finding love through their hobby
>>
considering we only got so close because she brought me in for her game, and ended with a suicide attempt and her abandoning me and leaving me with a psyche like broken glass to avoid divorce then yeah, I can blame tabletop
>>
>>46194325
Or that she doesn't see an option to get to something better yet.
>>
>>46190641
No relationship or breakup.

I am in love with one of my players though. She's been happily married for like, 12 years and it looks like their marriage is fine. So I have to grit my teeth and smile while watching them be weird and lovey at the table. I don't resent them though. I just gotta get over it and find someone else.
>>
>>46191431
It's not okay to be a giant bigot Jack ass
>>
File: 1457079987174.gif (65 KB, 262x199) Image search: [Google]
1457079987174.gif
65 KB, 262x199
>>46190986
>I broke off all contact when he tried to insert his finger in my anus after a group night out drinking.
>>
>>46211638
That's not bigotry.
>>
>>46192072
>>46192158

This, hard. I actually cringed at the transparent damage control and wished I'd been a bit nicer to them.
>>
>>46211685
>telling me who I can and can't let in my vagina
>not bigotry

MGTOW detected.
>>
>>46211759
MGTOWs don't care about that they're simply done. That's why it's called MGTOW you dumb /r9k/fag. And no is telling you can't set yourself on fire but they can certainly look down on you for doing so.
>>
>>46211866

Are you literally retarded or something? You're not even making any sense. Are you just saying stupid shit deliberately in a pathetic attempt to get someone replying to you?
>>
>>46211685
As much as the definition of bigotry is almost worthlessly broad, I'd personally classify "yelling at strangers on the internet about their sex lives" as a solid example.
>>
>200 posts of "Yeah I was in a group and then this hot girl joined and then we fucked now we're married"

Uh huh. Right.
>>
>>46211940
It's really straightforward. Your reading comprehension can't be this terrible.
>>
>>46190641
My old DM got a girl through his ravenloft campaign.
Lost her to his doucenozzle of a roommate.
>>
File: 1419527554061.jpg (635 KB, 2560x2048) Image search: [Google]
1419527554061.jpg
635 KB, 2560x2048
>>46190986
>I broke off all contact when he tried to insert his finger in my anus after a group night out drinking.
>>
>>46194085
oh, so like FATAL
>>
Anybody in Houston that likes English guys and doesn't mind them singing Motorhead while they sleep?
>>
>>46193481
You can get social security checks for being autistic?
>>
>>46212930
I know a girl near Dallas that'd be way into you if she wasn't already with a guy.
>>
>>46212805
>>46211681
>tfw fap to gay erp cuteposting but not attracted to male bodies

I always wondered if they're aware that their posting style gives out mixed signals.
>>
>>46213267
You are an odd little fucker. It's doublethink and self-incriminating crimethink in one.
>>
>>46213248
Does me no good in Houston, Cowboy.
>>
File: 1404950785009.png (115 KB, 985x768) Image search: [Google]
1404950785009.png
115 KB, 985x768
>>46213267
wut?
>>46213322
...wut?
>>
>>46213322
What
>>
File: Big-Jewish-Book.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Big-Jewish-Book.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>46191772
Those splats are unbalanced third-party bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>46212294
She was probably after the roommate in the first place senpai.
>>
>>46213410
>>46213442
>Doublethink
>Hold two contradictory thoughts both believed to be true.
>Jerks to gay rp because it's gay but is not gay.

>Crimethink
>Holding thoughts that are unacceptable and against what you are told.
>Self-Incriminating because he himself has said he is not attracted to male bodies.
>Jerks it anyway.
>>
File: 1445971295218.png (486 KB, 1000x547) Image search: [Google]
1445971295218.png
486 KB, 1000x547
>>46213597
Inquisitors Handbook for DH is great. So is Arsenal for 4ed Shadowrun
>>
>>46211971
More like 200 posts of tumblrisms, trolling, and naming the Jew.
>>
>>46191772
Your rules often negatively affect other people. More often than not it's one partner looking for more action whilst the other is only reluctantly going with it.
>>
>>46213081
different anon here, yes you can(I get them too)
>>
>>46213678
you do realise masturbating and being a closeted fag are not illegal right? Hell being a faggot is pretty much the base state of being on here.
>>
>>46213744
>>46213081
>>46193481

Do men no longer live by the sweat of their brow? 'Tis a sad thing.
>>
>>46213678
Actually didn't say it wasn't gay just that it sends mixed signals when they're using women to avatar post with. It's mostly the charged sexual nature of the posts, slut talk, and images used together that makes me horny.

I'm fully willing to accept the possibility that I'm bisexual but if that's so I must be the pickiest motherfucker in existence. For example if they were posting baras or something of that nature I would not give it a second glance. Which is what you think they would post given the subject matter.
>>
>>46213780
That is why i said self incrimination, perhaps self condemned would be more suitable. By definition thoughtcrime is self incrimination.

Either way, it is all in his head.
>>
File: 1431009951830.jpg (182 KB, 921x824) Image search: [Google]
1431009951830.jpg
182 KB, 921x824
>>46213898
we are all gay here
>>
File: absolutely horrifying.jpg (55 KB, 410x380) Image search: [Google]
absolutely horrifying.jpg
55 KB, 410x380
>>46196144
>>46190986
>>
File: y3ndaha.png (555 KB, 1680x2930) Image search: [Google]
y3ndaha.png
555 KB, 1680x2930
>>46213678
It helps to know what he's talking about. There aren't any male bodies depicted unless you're inserting as the slut. I don't know why some people are so all or nothing about these things.
>>
I'm about to lose a relationship because of tabletop and being busy in general but with actual productive stuff, so that picking tabletop over her actually means she gets very little time overall.
>>
>Jump in a group with a cute guy and a bunch of other randos
>We hit it off immediately nothing too serious but a lot flirty talk
> Life happens and cant go for three months
>Join different group this girl at the end of the table looks really fucking familiar.
> oh...OH...well shit.
>>
>>46190641
i dated the daughter of a preacher. and she was super fucking logical/faithful, an oxymoron, i know. and she hated that i played games instead of pay attention to her. i couldn't quite get it into her dense skull that I was going to play table top games and smoke weed.
i left her because of 40k
sex was shit
>>
File: 1455168055299.jpg (306 KB, 829x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455168055299.jpg
306 KB, 829x1000
>>46194749
>>46197676

Well fine.

>two of the groups regular players are women, bisexual, and a couple
>both were pretty cute, good roleplayers; one was an artist, the other a military vet
>at the time I was a loser doing odd jobs to survive in a shitty desert town

>move a town over to go to university
>eventually they move over as well - larger city, more job
>kept in touch via vidya, fb, etc.
>start gaming again, the three of us, good times
>catch one of the girls online in the same fetish RP chat server I frequent

And I'm not telling you which one!

>We start talking about lewd things
>have some compatibility, confess our mutual lusts
>I take them out to dinner and then we fuck in a lesbian 3some
>>
>>46213660
The roommate was like 4 foot 8, fedora tipping Alaskan who gave no shit about anyone else.
He also played "lolrandum" evil dicks in game.
but I feel what you're saying is very true, unfortunately.
>>
>>46213823
I would, but of the dozens of times I've applied for a job between 2009(when I was first able to go job hunting) and now, I've made it to the interview stage maybe twice, and neither of those resulted in me getting hired, the job market in this country is garbage, especially for someone with no prior work experience
>>
>>46203026
That's weird. I mean, it'd be one thing if you were DMing, because then he could sort of blame you, but as a fellow player...
>>
>>46215996
>lesbian 3some
you had to ruin it.
>>
>>46199415
Having an aversion to mentally ill people seems perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>46191902
Join them.
>>
I wish I could.

I mean, I still keep looking for places where I could find people with similar mindset or at least more tolerant towards my awkwardness and some groups interesting in roleplaying or wargames could be fitting.

After all, I have no knowledge about how to talk with other people, how to act around, how to be "in couple" like everyone around would expect, only in this semester got more free time, as previously I was all about working at lab towards my phd studies, teaching, complementing my knowledge and playing video games, the only form of free time fun I know, as I feel safe when alone.
>>
>>46193360
Don't listen to this retard. His line will be extinct and his genes lost for ever to the Great Game of Nature while our descendants's descentants will build dyson spheres.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.