[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you play background music during your role playing sessions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: boombox.jpg (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
boombox.jpg
31 KB, 600x400
Do you play background music during your role playing sessions? If so, what are some of your favorites? I'm looking for some ideas to use while playing with my group.
>>
>>46182530
I had a complete tavern and adventure music soundcloud once, contained everything from background sounds to boss battle music
Twas pretty great no lie
Idk where it went to tho
>>
I'm using roll20/teamspeak for my current online game right now.

I've picked out music, entire background tracks and multiple too, but I've either forgotten to use it or found it annoying considering volume levels so far.

The only way I could see it working for me is if I bothered to get a playlist of songs/background tracks I can put on repeat, an actual stereo and a quiet house to have it.

Even then, it would be too hard to switch to specific tracks without interrupting the flow.
>>
File: Hey Macarena.gif (3 MB, 200x225) Image search: [Google]
Hey Macarena.gif
3 MB, 200x225
>>46182530
I haven't had good experiences with music at sessions so far (not that it's happened many times)

That said I've been wanting to play a lycanthrope for a while now just so I can see how long it takes the group to notice the theme behind a constant stream of "Hungry like the Wolf", "Who Let the dogs out?", "Werewolves of London", etc.
>>
>>46182530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6GK8HhjQQE&list=PLnQkYdTdOAdL7TMI7tRcXlf7ToWHnHZ9b

That's the basic background music playlist that's playing every session. Problem is, it's hard to find tracks that fit, as the music has to convey the feeling of a medieval setting, but also shouldn't be too emotional/action-packed/dramatic/epic.

There's about 5 other playlists I use and switch in between, each for different scenes.
>>
Shadow Hearts and its sequel Covenant both have some great background tracks for historical fantasy type games. For horror I like ambient bands like Metheuselah or Letum , Dargaard is good too.
>>
>>46182530
When I do, which is, sadly, very rare, I like to use just about anything from the Dragon's Dogma soundtrack.
>>
Sometimes my DM's will. Pretty consistently if one can find a good theme for the game in general. (OLD western stuff for Deadlands. Pseudo religious stuff for 40k)
Then my other DM had Eclipse Phase and ran us through the equivalent of a Space Hulk mission while playing the Dead Space OST.
>never sleep again...
>>
Using roll20 for an online campaign. Got an entire OST lined up, character and battle themes, ambient sounds for all the environments and emotive moments.

I do my games right.
>>
>>46186883
Elaborate on some of them plz
>>
Usually only do it with horror games (and some space opera).

Dark ambient is fucking dope. Like, Lustmord's Dark Places of the Earth adds some pretty nice texture to the atmosphere.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.