[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How American is your character /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 21
File: 1419442540379.png (393 KB, 849x763) Image search: [Google]
1419442540379.png
393 KB, 849x763
How American is your character /tg/?
>>
File: sheerforceofanger.jpg (57 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
sheerforceofanger.jpg
57 KB, 496x496
Well I traded a bunch of bombs to some goblins in exchange for a hostage and then immediatly slaughtered all of them afterward.

So to answer you question, pretty fuckin American.
>>
I have been to multiple realms outside of my home realm to fight evil cults and monsters for no reason other than I think it is the right thing to do. Along the way I have fucked up a good deal of real estate and caused a lot of economic strife because of frequent misunderstandings with my character and local lords, ladies, and law enforcement.

Paladins = Murrica.
>>
He's a gay French fighting for brotherhood, liberty, and prosperity. So not very.
>>
It won't be. Machines can't be American.
>>
>>>>46182484
My character isn't fat, but he does have a tendency to poke his nose into the conflicts of others, hastily pick a side, and deal with his new enemies with extreme prejudice. His motivation isn't money and he heals people who need healing, so all in all he is only slightly American.
>>
>>46182484

I once played an Italian-American mobster, an Irish-American I dont remember what and Ethnographist.
>>
He's a competent soldier, so not American at all
>>
File: [Hatred Intensifies].jpg (256 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
[Hatred Intensifies].jpg
256 KB, 800x532
>>46184066
>most powerful and effective military fighting force in the world, that constantly works with and provides training programs for other militaries and directly supports their forces with elite units

>not competent

Come on Eurofag
>>
He was technically manufactured within the continental United States, but by the time he was unboxed, the US didn't exist any more.

So... half?
>>
My character eats kinder surprise eggs, so obviously not american at all.
>>
>>46184179
>criticises America
>hurr must be european

Your logical leaps are truly American in scale.
>>
>>46184270
Not that guy, but it's a pretty common thread on the internet for Europeans to shit on Americans. It's a pretty safe bet.

Besides, competent soldiery is one of the few areas the US pretty well dominates at the global level, at the basic and elite levels.
>>
>>46184515
Most developed countries in the world have that very same sales pitch. It's called propaganda and it encourages children to join the happy fun times totally safe military because sex and fun times had by all in the most respected, highly trained, military force in the world.
>>
>>46182484
He fights for the rights of every man
He fights for what's right, and fights for your life
>>
>>46182484
I'm basically playing Clint in Gran Torino as a Department of Treasury agent.
I'd say he's pretty american.
>>
>>46184270
this made my day i almost lost it in class fucking funny
>>
File: AMERICA!.jpg (46 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
AMERICA!.jpg
46 KB, 604x453
>>46182484
Not even one eighth as American as this guy.
>>
>>46182484
One is a commie fighting for the greater good of humanity. He is a -200% American.

Other character is a young lowlife seeking new opportunities and new life in a distant land, managed to raise capital robbing merchants and doing wetwork for his friend, wants to start a business with his childhood friend's connections. About 50% American, 50% Australian.
>>
File: Pinkerton.jpg (21 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
Pinkerton.jpg
21 KB, 300x298
>>46182484
Union Spy in an American Civil War game. American-ness I would think vary depending on which side of the Mason Dixon line you're on
>>
File: Go home and fuse a family man.png (5 KB, 120x117) Image search: [Google]
Go home and fuse a family man.png
5 KB, 120x117
>>46182484
Wants to go home and be a family man

He's still a Tiefling
>>
File: 1366859881916.jpg (27 KB, 297x300) Image search: [Google]
1366859881916.jpg
27 KB, 297x300
>>46187939
>Pinkertons
>>
>>46183776
I dunno. Lafayette was pretty bro. Probably wasn't gay, but that'd still put you at something like 60% American. That's gotta be at least honorary.
>>
>>46186367
*tips fedora*

Don't you have a Trump rally to protest?
>>
>>46187923
>fighting for the greater good of humanity

That's pretty American, so I think he'd only be like -100% to -150%, depending on his demographics.
>>
File: JcLPUZt.jpg (79 KB, 972x972) Image search: [Google]
JcLPUZt.jpg
79 KB, 972x972
Sometimes, yeah.
>>
File: Michael_Wilson.jpg (74 KB, 1024x894) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Wilson.jpg
74 KB, 1024x894
>>46182484
My character is THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!
>>
File: u5YdzoK.jpg (84 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
u5YdzoK.jpg
84 KB, 540x429
>>46183808
OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH
PREPARE TO RECEIVE FREEDOM.EXE
CONVERTING A NEW PATRIOT IN 3, 2, 1...
>>
>>46189477
Anyone else here prefer Prime's original voice from Fallout 3?
>>
My current character is a clone trooper who deserted before the end of the clone wars and has become disillusioned with the republic. He is pretty Nam Vet/10 american
>>
>be me
>playing Better Angels for the first time
>rule #1 of Better Angels
>"if the police can't look at your supervillain getup without either laughing or rolling their eyes, they won't call in the National Guard"
>check the list of powers/aspects
>Wings
>grinch.gif
>introduce character as a wounded vet who found work as a high school security guard, has prosthetic leg
>still works out to help self-esteem, jacked af
>supervillain alias is TANK WASHINGTON
>wears nothing but camo pants, American flag cape, eagle mask
>acts like an obnoxious professional wrestling character at all times
>powers are super strength and armor
>demon aspects are wings (GLORIOUS WHITE EAGLE WINGS) and carapace (IMPENETRABLE TANK PLATING)
>character is a social democrat but TANK WASHINGTON's only politics are FREEDOM
>at one point in the session TANK WASHINGTON crashed a meeting between the democratic mayor and city council to "protest" liberal policies by smacking mayor repeatedly with a flyswatter dipped in red paint and screaming about communism
>later on had a supervillain fight against some bumfuck called the Pavior who dressed like a civil worker
>mfw when I realized I could spend the entire fight shouting about "commie unions"
>>
>>46189538
There's another prime voice?
>>
He's trying to construct a post-scarcity economy, ensure the demilitarisation of the entire human race, and construct a singular, flawless philosopher-king to lead mankind to a brighter future.

You do the math.
>>
>>46190092
They do a half-assed job of bringing him back in Fallout 4, but it really has no relevance, no importance, no soul, and is obviously only there as a token reference to a genuinely good game.
>>
File: dItR1cs.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dItR1cs.jpg
123 KB, 1024x768
>>46189284

I like your taste
>>
>>46183776
Motherfucker all Frenchmen are honorary Americans.
>>
>>46190092
It's a subtle difference, but I feel like the fallout 3 one had more heart in it. Either that, or I'm just insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGaosBHdFMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXAbm55DOE
>>
File: Global America.jpg (103 KB, 558x424) Image search: [Google]
Global America.jpg
103 KB, 558x424
>>46190292
>>
>>46190163
New monarchy pls go
>>
>>46190163
Why is he trying to demilitarize humanity?
>>
>>46190341

There is a bit of a difference in tone, yeah. He's a bit more subdued in Fo4. I suppose getting nuked from orbit will do that to a guy.
>>
In a mutants and masterminds, I made a person with no powers, but a red white and blue super suit that was dubbed 'Freedom Eagle'. I flew around spreading democracy, getting into fights with party members that were not red-blooded american born and raised. All of my signature moves had names like "Liberty fist, Great Justice, Freedom Barrage, etc." and in the end, I sacrificed my life to protect the red, white and blue and what it stood for.

No regrets.
>>
File: Colbert_Paladin.jpg (116 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Colbert_Paladin.jpg
116 KB, 1440x900
>>46192624
So, like a patriotic anime iron man who isn't a total jackass?

I can dig it.
>>
>>46192715
Exactly. I scuffled with the party but didnt actually fight with any of them. We argued, debated, actually played it like it was real-world and we were living our characters. It was a lot of fun.

The last boss was something we actually were not supposed to fight, we were meant to hold him off until the big beefy 'superman' of our campaign could fight him, but he was flinging around fireballs and meteors like a well-lit russian bar brawl.

I said 'fuck it, no one is hurting my american people' grappled his ass, spent a hero point to overboost my thrusters (I could fly 64,000 MPH with my suit) and launch himself and me into the sun.

The last thing my party saw was me giving them a mighty salute as I flew like a majestic eagle into a flaming ball of life-giving fusion.

God bless america.
>>
File: satansfacewhen.jpg (50 KB, 337x468) Image search: [Google]
satansfacewhen.jpg
50 KB, 337x468
>>46183311

Not the most American but definitely the most American military-like.

>>46183420

Pretty American.

>>46183776

American in the lafayette-sense but actually more of a cross between Kociusko and Steuben. In fact, if he wasn't french and was fighting more for money and cute camp assistants, he would be von Steuben.

>>46186667

Might be a commie.

>>46190068
>>46192855

1000% American

>>46190292

Whether they like it or not. And if they don't like it, that's a casus belli.
>>
>>46182484
uhh,
Frenzied Berserker who kills people in other kingdoms for adventure......maybe I'll find oil someday?
>>
She was born in America and is an American citizen.
She's also the true heir of an ancient and evil kingdom who's very name is synonymous with adversity.
She hides from combat, utilising her impressive abilities to avoid fights altogether. She is non-confrontational and always attempts to de-escalate situations she can not run from.
If forced to fight she is overly defensive and seeks to just run away.
She is honest to a fault and reserved. Often letting others take the lead.
She has been progressively making friends among her enemies, which coupled with her birth-right, has made many others question her alliances and which side she is on. This also means she has fewer enemies seeking her death.
She recently attempted to commit suicide by cop. It didn't actually work and she got a hug instead.

She also isn't all that patriotic towards America and wishes she was born back in her mother's former land, a fictional country in Scandinavia.
Mostly because she was raised on overly romanticised stories of the place.

So whilst she's American, I don't think she's very 'American' at all.
>>
>gritty cowboy themed futuristic gunslinger
yeah I think Im pretty fucking american
>>
Basically a cross between Teddy Roosevelt and Big Boss, leading Humanity's forces against the Ayy Menace in glorious nuclear combat.

If that's not American I don't know what is.
>>
Mostly he annihilates shit and claims to be on the side of right. His background in alchemy, knowledge of explosives and ability to reform his body makes him the una-bomber on crack. Except instead of packages, he delivers himself in cakes, packed with explosives, pops out screaming and hits the button. Then he releases some obvious propaganda afterward, confusing people as to how he survived.

The party keeps trying to turn him in without letting him know it's them, but noone has realised he isn't actually a Mage yet so they're going about it the wrong way.
>>
My character is a hobo who runs from the government. That makes him pic related levels of american
>>
File: Kendrick.png (7 KB, 333x545) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick.png
7 KB, 333x545
He is a hermit mountain man who kills small and medium furry creatures and sells their pelts.
He also helps anyone he comes across if they need it.
Unless they are assholes, then noone will ever find their bodies.
Shitscripple related, it's my character portrait.
>>
>>46188216
>That's pretty American
Only if you start as oblivious American then it provides +100% to your score. Natural modifier is -50%.
>>
>>46182484
Devout folower of his faith
so he;s more mexican then american which incidentally is also american USA aint Americans
>>
>>46182484
0% Has never shot up a school after being picked on.
>>
>>46190220
>genuinely good game.
>FO3
I believe you should has said "a giant steaming piles of shit, but at least not a giant steaming bucket of curry diarhea"
>>
>>46196728

French-Canadian
>>
>>46198098

Counterpoint that even Mexicans refer to themselves as Mexicans. This thread obviously uses colloquial terms, and you knew that coming in.
>>
>>46183808
There is nothing more american than a classic hot road/muscle car and a 1911
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KDAicF0Yo
>>
>>46182484
Considering our campaign is set in the US....
Probably 50% Like most Americans.
>>
>>46182484
>How American is your character /tg/?
Let's see.
>Assassin Concubine
>Innawoods w61itch
>Underaged singer
Not at all.
>>
>>46186667
Now listen brother that's pretty real American right there brother!
>>
Okay
>>
>>46182484
My "BBEG" of the RT campaign I am running is quite american. A railroad baron/ southern gentleman as captain, a cavalry captain archmilitant, a La Longue Carabine/Uncle Tom kroot merc and a cowboy navigator.
>>
>>46198224
http://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/
More incidents, but we handle them better. Euro favs kill eachother 1.5-2.5 times as much if you take into account the population
>>
>>46198245
oh look a FO3 shitter, don't you have that FO3 expansion to jerk it to?

>>>/v/
>>
>>46186367
You're a clown.
>>
File: Ozymandias.jpg (18 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
Ozymandias.jpg
18 KB, 264x264
>>46190163
Adrian?
>>
>>46198224
At least we don't get cucked/blown up by kebab on a daily basis.

>>46198264
This nigga gets it.
>>
She's somewhat american.
>>
>>46182484
WW2 German
>>
>>46201630
BIG
FIT
SHIP
TITS

Also
>Manifest Breastiny
top kek
>>
>>46190163
>demilitarize humanity
“Nevertheless, let's assume the human race manages to balance birth and death... and thereby becomes peaceful. What happens? Soon (about next Wednesday) the Bugs move in, kill off this breed which 'ain't gonna study war no more' and the universe forgets us.... Both races are tough and smart and want the same real estate....But does man have any 'right' to spread throughout the universe?...The universe will let us know—later—whether or not Man has any 'right' to expand through it.”
>>
File: 1396916501105.jpg (76 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
1396916501105.jpg
76 KB, 500x570
>ascetic oracle from a religious commune that avoided the calamity that befell the world 25 years ago by fleeing into the mountains, living off the land, and pooling/sharing their resources and distributing them based on need
>often puts others above himself, encourages the party to share their resources with others in need, and believes that the only way to survive in a post-apoc world is for humanity to stand together and work for the greater good
About as American as a full-blown commie.
>>
>>46182484
I've played several games set in different parts of America, and I have never actually played an American. I've played Canadian, Irish, and I think even a not!Russian Demon at one point, but never an Amerifag.
>>
>>46182484

Ex-Colonial Marine (as HOORAH DEVIL DOGS SEMPER FI DO OR DIE as the modern US Marines are), born and raised on a farming colony (Read: Space Nebraska). Speaks with a country twang, his favorite food is steak, his favorite drink is Bourbon, and he collects antique firearms.

Also has a short temper and curses like a sailor at the best of times.

He is painfully American and gotdamn proud of it.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.