[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever figured out a way to kill this fucker? How come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: Kharn_victory.jpg (138 KB, 511x753) Image search: [Google]
Kharn_victory.jpg
138 KB, 511x753
Has anyone ever figured out a way to kill this fucker?

How come he gets to be 11.000 years old and never single once met his match?
>>
>>46181512
He is a pretty nice guy.
>>
>>46181512
Because he is the chosen one!
>>
Because GW has produced nothing of value.
>>
>>46181576
Was he supposed to bring balance to the warp? Instead of throwing into Chaos
>>
File: Abaddon vs Kharn.jpg (234 KB, 972x662) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon vs Kharn.jpg
234 KB, 972x662
>>46181512
There is a short story series about Abaddon vs Kharn.

If Kharn refuses to kneel before Abaddon, then Abaddon will kill him.
>>
>>46181512
It's just pulp sci-fi anon.
>>
>>46181512
Brick, one particular one

(don't got the screen, so if you have it)
>>
File: tIG19hS.png (193 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
tIG19hS.png
193 KB, 320x350
>>46181608
You were supposed to bring balance to the Great Crusade... not destroy it!
>>
>>46181668
I have the high orbit!
>>
>>46181512

Because, like every other chaos champion their respective gods keep bringing them back like the way Slannesh brought back Lucious even though he was merc'd by a Raven Guard who didn't even give a shit about killing him.
>>
>>46181512
He did already on the siege of Terra. Khorne brought him back.
>>
>>46181621

Abaddon can't kill Kharn.

The guy would just stand up and kill him. It's what Kharn does every time someone manages to kill him.
>>
>>46181712

Actually it was that weird Evil Apothecary guy that brought Lucius back the first time.
>>
>>46181544
For you
>>
>>46181544
He just can't seem to catch a break.
>>
>>46181843
Even when he is about to get laid.
>>
>>46181867
Angron will just go like KHHAARRRNNN WAIT.
>>
>>46181891
So he will just put on his murderface.
And greet the king of bloody axe-rape.
>>
I see a lot of wankery about Kharn. While I have nothing against the character, chaosfags do make me want to see him offed.

Let's try and compile a list of characters that could take him on. On an infantry scale, just to keep things fair.

>Obyrion
>Azrael
>Dante
>The Swarmlord
>Draigo
>>
File: Khan.jpg (13 KB, 320x231) Image search: [Google]
Khan.jpg
13 KB, 320x231
>>46181512
A better question is why is everybody called Kharn/Khan a love machine?
>>
>>46181512
He has multiple times, Khorne just rezzes him back.
I think Azrael killed him once, but I never read that book.
>>
>>46181905
"What is it my Primarch?"
"I can't find my Rowboat Guilliman figurine"
"The one that looks like it was made of Starch?"
"It tastes just like Tangerine""
>>
>>46181941

Actually Azrael was royally owned by Kharn in that book and only escaped because he allowed himself to fall in a hole in the ground.

He spent the rest of the book limping away while Kharn chased in at terminator pace.
>>
>>46181962
Kharn, he is a pretty nice guy
He just can't seem to catch a break.
Even when he has a cluster headache
>>
>>46182047
At those times, even when he is not really the bad guy,
He is all, like
ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS GONNA DIE
>>
File: 1435814688499.jpg (31 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1435814688499.jpg
31 KB, 620x349
>>46181544
>>46181843
>>46181867
>>46181891
>>46181905
>>46181962
>>46182047
>>46182067
>>
>>46181915
I wonder how a duel between Lucius and Kharn would end.
If Kharn kills Lucius, would Slaanesh and Khorne personally battle to see which champion walks away?
Could Kharn be the only one to resist Lucius' resurrection.
>>
>>46182236

Kharn has this Khornate aura around him that makes everything magic related just plain not work on him.

So Lucius "blessing" would be negated near Kharn. That and the fact that to Lucius to be reborn in he who killed him, the person who killed him must take satisfaction from it.

Kharn only feels anger.
>>
>>46181915
If the Swarmlord can take Kharn on, than so can Calgar by virtue of defeating the Swarmlord in single combat on Ichar
>>
Thrakka would stick Kharnes chain axe up his candy ass
>>
>>46182236
Even if Kharn stopped feeling incredibly pissed off for a moment in order to feel satisfaction, Khorne would personally push Slaanesh's shit in if he tried fucking about with his champion.
>>
>>46181512
>How come he gets to be 11.000 years old and never single once met his match?
There's plenty of people like that in 40K
>>
>>46182332
I'm pretty sure that there is a codex page somewhere that says among Kharn's pile of skulls in Khorne's realm there is a Swarmlord skull.
>>
>>46182464

BUT HOW COME THEY NEVER MET IN 11K YEARS
>>
>>46181818
Fabulous Bill I believe they call him.
>>
File: 1311947915015.jpg (27 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1311947915015.jpg
27 KB, 285x298
>>46181915
>Swarmlord
>Infantry scale
>>
>>46182598
What, you thought they were different people?

I bet you've never seen Ahriman and Mephiston in the same room together.
Whenever Abaddon is speaking with the likes of Kharn, he's actually using a cunning array of hand puppets (detachable arms are incredibly useful for that purpose).
>>
>>46181915
Your list is shit, and I'm a Dangle.

>Kharn wrecked Azrael's shit in a duel and nearly killed him, Azrael only survived by running away

>At least going by the TT, Dante would get his shit pushed in by Kharn in melee. Dante is also a much weaker fighter than Kharn.

>The Swarmlord got wrecked in a fight by Calgar- and Kharn has killed far worse things.

>Draigo would likely die to Kharn, because psykers can't use their powers against Kharn thanks to the Collar of Khorne he wears.

For the record, Kharn can't even die as he simply gets resurrected, and by the Horus Heresy alone he's killed over a million people. Barely anybody can match him in melee, and certainly none of the loyalist Astartes are capable of doing so. The only guy on Kharn's level is Abaddon and that's because Abaddon bears the marks of all four Chaos Gods.
>>
>>46182284

Its not that he doesn't feel sorcery, auras, slaanesh shit. Its that he'd rather they die then he feel good. There's one of the original shorts where he feels the allure and pleasure, understands it but doesn't care about himself enough for it to really work. He'd rather kill than anything else. Its why he's khorn's fav.
>>
>>46181915
Azrael and Dante aren't even the strongest Chapter Masters. Grimnar, Calgar and that Moloc guy are the top ones.
>>
>>46181915
>Imperial Guardsman with meltagun
>>
>>46181915
mephiston
>>
>>46183001
Points taken, I was spitballing anyway.

I feel some of the named Necrons could take a good shot at him, as could some of the Phoenix Lords, potentially.
>>
>>46181512

I wonder why nobody ever thought about cutting off his head.

I mean the guy travelled the length of the galaxy cutting off heads from Loyalists to Tyranids. That ought to make some people pretty pissed off. And we do know Kharn was "killed"a few times before he was instantly resurrected/respawned/crawled out of hell Kratos style.

How come the guys that managed to kill him (if it was someone that is, excluding the possibility of Kharn accidentaly falling out of a Space Ship because he slipped on someone's head) never thought about giving him a taste of his own medice and cutting off his head?

I can see two possible outcomes, either Khorne thinks the person who did that is a baller and doesn't revive Kharn, or you have a Headless Kharn going around chopping heads.
>>
>>46181799
Kharn fights alongside Abaddon's armies. So we know that Abaddon won.
>>
>>46181818

Did he? The story mention Lucius waking up on an apothecary slab but that's it.
>>
>>46185269
Being headless would likely make murdering more difficult
>>
>>46185326

Every novel that features Kharn and someone else that isn't Kharn, that someone else ends up without their head.

In the same story where Kharn fights Azrael, a bunch of Black Legionnaires greets Kharn like an a long lost buddy. He kills them all.
>>
>>46185624

Yes but he can now throw his head at you when you try to run away.

Having a head bitting your ankles makes running away more difficult
>>
>>46181818
Source? The audiobook just says that Lucius had no idea how he revived. Whether it was Bile or another force, he did not care.
>>
>>46185624
and imagine how pissed off that would make him
>>
>>46185269

There's probably a galaxy wide Inquisition Order to capture Kharn alive and intern him in any makeshift holding cell for his transfer back to Terra where he could be buried alive in [REDACTED] and left screaming 100 feet underground forever.
>>
>>46183087
>he doesn't post the story of the guardsman killing Kharn with a lucky throw of a brick
>>
It's not productive for the Imperium to do it. Kharn probably keeps half of the World Eaters as fractured and non-unified as is due to his very nature, and he's probably got a high kill count of Chaos Marines in his own right.
>>
File: 049.jpg (711 KB, 1216x1658) Image search: [Google]
049.jpg
711 KB, 1216x1658
Good guy Khârn.
>>
>>46186757
Ah, the wonderful glory of Righteous Fury in Dark Heresy 1st edition.

In 2e the best he could hope for was to do 1 whole damage to him, no matter how well he rolled. RF got nerfed hard in 2e, which I think is one of the things that makes it less fun than 1e.
>>
>>46184085

>one the embodiment of rage
>the other the master of it

I ain't gonna lie, that would be interesting to watch. From very far away.
>>
>>46186890
It just ain't no fun if you can't go Grendel on unsuspecting opponents.
>>
>>46186936
I once killed a Hive Tyrant with a lucky burst of Armageddon Autogun fire as we were being airlifted out of a city being overrun by Tyranids. Good times.

Then the Guardsman tried to do the same thing with a hand grenade. Crit-failed his throw roll, but rolled RF on his damage roll. Ended up killing himself, me, the rest of the team, and the Inquisitor in Terminator armor who was with us. He managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. We just laughed it off and rolled up new characters for a new campaign.
>>
>>46181818
I seem to remember that Lucius resurrected in Bile's lab, but Fabulous was as surprised as anyone that Lucius got back up. Pretty sure some of Biles experiments got loose and started a fire so the scene was very chaotic
>>
>>46182236
Kharn probably no longer feels anything but anger in battle so he wouldn't even think much about killing Lucius. Even if he did I doubt Slaanesh could turn Kharn into Lucius, nor would Slaanesh let its champion die. Most likely Slaanesh would just find a smug bastard and turn him into Lucius, getting back its champion and getting to watch the psychological collapse of a smug fucker as his hair starts to fall out, he starts getting scars across his face and eventually ends up as part of Lucius' armour.
>>
I was under the impression that signs mundane killed him at terrace which is what caused him to resurrect the fort time around
>>
>>46190101
I'm pretty sure he's been blown to bits countless times by massed artillery fire, and Khorne just gets pissed that his champion died such an unworthy death and brings him back to try again
>>
File: TG-Votes.jpg (453 KB, 1152x576) Image search: [Google]
TG-Votes.jpg
453 KB, 1152x576
He has at least one vote in the 2012 presidential election.
>>
>>46190101

Kharn was killed by massed bolter fire when storming the Imperial Palace.

Lore says he was the first one in and was found a top a pile of dead Blood Angels and Imperial Fists.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.