[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blood Mage Quest #3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 1
The werewolf lay before you on the ground, dying. The fearsome creature bore many wounds from the fight, it’s blood staining the spot where the four soldiers held him down. Many of his wounds have already started to heal, but not nearly fast enough to save his life. It’s eyes, mere moments ago filled with rage and anger over his comrade’s death, now wandered aimlessly, life draining from them.

The beast lowered its head, as if admitting defeat, and accepted his fate. For a moment you thought to carve him open, and consume his essence. But, you figured, with the soldiers and Lord Minduri right there, it would be too risky to try.

A blood mage can only drain a creature of its essence in its last moments, as the body breaks down, and the life energy leaves its shell. Your master would probably berate you for being wasteful, but hiding your true identity was more important.

The old soldier, exhausted, struck one final time, and then leaned on his weapon, still stuck in the wound.

“I think it’s dead”, he proclaimed, and kicked the thing for good measure, “We won!”

The soldiers slowly stood up, glancing around, looking for danger. When they found none, one of them clapped you on your back, and praised your aim. Congratulations were given, and slowly grew into a mighty cheer, with weapons being thrust in the air, and praising thee gods for their help. Even you couldn’t resist the excitement. You pumped your first, and let out a thrill-filled cry. You just shot a star-damned werewolf!

Your celebrations, however, were interrupted by a moan, coming from one of the wounded soldiers. Those few that still stood, all forgot about their victory, and hurried over to help their brothers in arms. As you walked across the battlefield, still a bit in shock, you finally could see it all.
>>
>>46180956
Once calm and beautiful clearing was now a bloody mess. Gnoll corpses littered the grounds, and you hoped that the old chief wasn’t one of them. More than half the men you came here with were splayed across the clearing. Some of them still moved and moaned. Some. The corpses of the two werewolves stuck out like mountains of meat.

You looked over the one you had slain. It was almost twice as tall as you, and a lot buffer. It had claws like sharp daggers, and its mouth was filled teeth like jagged shards of glass. It was unscratched, safe for your arrow stuck in its skull. You still half expected it to jump up and bite you in half.

‘And to think that Lord Minduri went blow for blow with one of these, and lived to tell the tale’, you thought to yourself, glancing at the man.

He seemed to have recovered from his wounds already. The bleeding had almost stopped, and he grabbed one of the fallen soldier’s weapon. The crown of red still hang above his head.

He looked to the forest, where the last surviving werewolf has run off to. And then back at his men, who needed him. He was caught in a moment of indecision.

What do you do?
>Push him to chase after the werewolf
>Encourage him to help his men
>Let him decide for himself
>Write in...

Also
>The essence might be gone, but this werewolf pelt can make a hell of a rug, or maybe a cloak
>The soldiers need your help. You’re no surgeon, but you know how to stop a bleeding. Comes with the job
>Write in...
>>
>>46181000
>Push him to chase the werewolf

>The soldiers need your help. You're no surgeon, but you know how to stop a bleeding. Comes with the job.
>>
>>46181000
>Encourage him to help his men
>The soldiers need your help. You’re no surgeon, but you know how to stop a bleeding. Comes with the job
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>46181056
>>46181067
It seems like we can't decide, so let's go for a coin toss. In any case, I need a DC 50 crit dc 80 roll for persuasion, and DC 60 crit DC 90 roll for first aid.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>46181239
Time for shit rolls!
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>46181239
>>46181303
Called it.
Rolling for first aid.
>>
Rolled 98, 7 = 105 (2d100)

>>46181239
>>
>>46181239
>>
>>46181056
“My Lord, you aren’t going to let the beast escape, are you?”, you raised your voice.

He tightened his grip around the halberd, his back tensing.

“I can’t. From this moment forth, every drop of blood that thing spills will be on my hands. I came here to purge this evil from our forest, and I won’t allow my men’s sacrifice to be in vain. No, I must hunt it down at any cost!”

And, with those words he turned, ready to bark orders at his followers. But as he saw his men, wounded and dying, something changed. His face was no longer the mask of a determined killer. It grew softer. Kinder, even. He shook his head, mumbling something to himself. But then, having finally decided, he ordered:

“Take care of the wounded, and return to town. Take all the fallen you can with you, but the living are the priority. I will finish the hunt.”

And so, without waiting to hear any objections, he turned to the forest and charged in the direction the werewolf has run off into. You joined the soldiers, patching up all the wounded you could get your hands on. Maybe they would have you dead if they knew who you were, but after facing a bunch of raging werewolves together, it really didn’t matter.

Sadly, your attempts were unsuccessful. Most of the wounded didn’t make it, and those few that did could probably die on the way back to Bergost. Still, the faster they got there, the better were their chances of survival. And so, the soldiers got ready to move.

What do you want to do?
>Go with the soldiers back to town.
>Split off and follow Lord Minduri
>Write in...
>>
>>46181239
Rollan'
>>
>>46181795
>>Go with the soldiers back to town.
>>
>>46181795
Follow Lord Minduri
>>
>>46181795
>>Split off and follow Lord Minduri
>>
>>46181795
>Split off and follow Lord Minduri
>>
>>46181839
>>46181848
Give me a DC 60 crit DC 85 check to see how fast you can track him.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>46182037
Can't beat this 1.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>46182037
We can do it
>>
>>46182037
Also, you figure you could use your wolf essence to follow his scent, which would make it a lot easier. Do you want to do it?
>>
>>46182070
I say we regroup back at the village, resupply get more troops and than track this fucking werewolf and harvest his essence!
>>
>>46182115
Nah we need quality time with Lord Mindyri to gain his respect.
>>
>>46182152
Gain his respect for what in return i might ask?
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>46182037
>>
>>46182070
No, regular tracking is fine
>>
You should probably archive your threads on suptg if you want prospective player to have the ability to catch up.
>>
>>46182410
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46118010/#46118010
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46138457/#46138457

Not the QM, but I suppose it's kind of to late for suptg, so let these be known.
>>
>>46182037
Those who could walk by themselves picked up either a wounded or a dead fellow, and the group began their journey back. You, dragging with you a body, managed to stay in the rear. As you were moving, you lagge behind a bit, and the rest had to wait for you to catch up. You’d offer an apology, and then, after a while, you did it again. And again. Untill they stopped waiting for you. When all of them were far out of sight, you placed the fallen man on the ground, and hurried back.

Tracing your steps back was an easy task, and so was following Lord Minduri’s tracks. He charged straight through, trampling any plant that dared grow in his way. Also, his heavy boots left quite a mark in the dirt.

After a few minutes of following his trail, you started to hear the sounds of combat: the cumbersome platemail clanking around, and the angry growling of a wolf. And so you hurried forwards. Soon you caught up to them.

They faced each other, not five feet apart, slowly circling around. The werewolf bore new scars, and Lord Minduri’s halberd was broken. He was using the remains of it as a handaxe. His helmet also was nowhere to be seen, and so his soaked hair clung to his face.

The terrain around them has been ravaged. A sizable pine tree was torn out of the earth. Judging by it’s moist roots, it happened recently. The ground around them was covered in small craters, and lines of claw marks.

Both fighters seemed exhausted, but neither was ready to give up. They were both just waiting for an opportunity to strike.

What do you do?
>Shoot at the werewolf
>Shoot at Lord Minduri
>Use blood magic to help the werewolf
>Use blood magic to help Lord Minduri
>Just observe
>Write in...
>>
>>46182645
Just observe. One will kill the other, and we can take the survivor.
Just make sure to have an arrow on hand and ready to be nocked.
>>
>>46182645
>>Shoot at the werewolf
>>
>>46182645
>Shoot at the werewolf
>>
>>46182645
>>Shoot at the werewolf
>>
>>46182645
>Shoot at the werewolf
>>
Why are you fucks voting to shoot anything
We have a perfect opportunity to let them weaken each other
>>
>>46182774
We have yet to kill another human with blood magic. I'd rather avoid crossing that line for as long as possible.
>>
>>46182795
He might just die to the wolf. We don't know who will win naturally.
>>
>>46182774
Because saving this Lord and gaining his favor is the only true answer for anyone playing the long game.

Think ahead m8. There will be many battles. There will be more blood.
>>
>>46182814
Werewolves heal quickly. If he dies from his wounds, that's one thing. The werewolf will be another story.
>>
>>46182822
Nope.
We want him dead because he's ordering the big fucking hunt.
Did you morons forget why we made this an ambush?
>>
>>46182829
Blood magic can destroy an injured werewolf easily
>>
>>46182871
If he dies, the werewolf has to be killed by an arrow. You can bet your ass that someone will investigate an astrologer's death, and we want no hint of blood magic on the scene.
>>
>>46182847
>Paladin wants to hunt a nearby dangerous threat of werewolves and gnolls to the local village and travellers
>He's the badguy
Yeah, ok. Sure thing buddy.
>>
>>46182895
The werewolves learned blood magic, hory shit!
>>
>>46182922
Not fucking likely.
>>
>>46182908
Did you miss the scene where he ordered for the hunt on blood mages to be increased to ridiculous proportions? Or the part where he was fantastically racist against gnolls despite the werewolves being the issue? Or the part where just talking to a gnoll got us a punishment that normally would have had us beaten harshly?
>>
>>46182645
Ok, give me a roll. DC 70 to distract him enough DC 90 to seriously wound him.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>46182980
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>46182980
Rolling
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>46182980
>>
Rolled 70, 89 = 159 (2d100)

>>46183013
Here goes.
>>
>>46182958
Assuming the woman at the village was his wife, as far as anyone knows it was a bloodmage who killed her. Are you saying you wouldn't hunt bloodmages down with extreme prejudice if one killed your wife? Bloodmagic is already punishable by death, that was just extra incentive.

>talking with filthy gnolls and other disgusting creatures
Would've deserved it.

Tracking the gnoll was a means to an end. He knew where to start to track it, and getting info from it would presumably lead him to the werewolves/gnolls.

He's a bit of a dick, but not enough to warrant killing him/letting him die to a werewolf.
>>
>>46183138
It doesn't matter if he's evil.
He's against us, and that's what matters.
He would see us burn if he found out who we were, no matter what.
So from our perspective, he's bad, and needs out of the picture.
>>
>>46183182
Be patient. We don't have to kill everyone who might be a threat to us.
>>
>>46183182
>he doesn't agree with me so let's kill him
Shouldn't you be in school or doing your homework?
>>
>>46183224
Might be? He IS a threat! One of the biggest ones!
>>
>>46183259
Nice Fallacy, faggot.
He wants to kill people like us. He wouldn't hesitate, why should we?
>>
>>46183287
>>46183266
The rest of us don't want to be a bad person that deals with every problem by murdering the fuck out of it with blood magic.
>>
We can compromise.
We half kill him and half befriend him.
>>
>>46183355
Killing people who want to kill you doesn't make you a bad person.
>>
>>46183386
I like it.

But which half?
>>
>>46183423
Befriend the lower half.
>>
>>46183398
Alright, how about this. Nazi germany, many people who fought for the Third Reich did so out of fear of what would happen to themselves or their families as a result. Were there some people coocoo for coco puffs? Sure, but not all the Nazis were bad people. They simply followed what everyone else believed, convincing themselves that that's what they truly thought to better fit in with the people who lived decent lives.
>>
>>46183440
I feel like you are imply we (as the main character) are homosexual and can't decide if that is a good way of doing implying it or if my mind is thinking too lewdly.
>>
>>46183063
Out of the two evils, you sure as all hells weren't going to choose the mad werewolf whose friends you just killed. And so, you carefully aimed, so as not to hit the Astrologist, and fired. The arrow hit him in the right shoulder, throwing the surprised creature out of balance for just a moment. But that was enough for Lord Minduri.

He closed the distance in a dash, and came in with a rib cracking punch, followed by a slash of his axe. He kept going with his onslaught, not giving the beast any time to recover. The whirlwind of blows had thrown the werewolf to the ground. It scrambled back to its knees, just in time for the finishing strike.

Lord Minduri grabbed his axe with both his hands, and raised it above his head. And then he brought it down with all his might, aiming for the neck. You heard bones crack, blood splatter, and then a nasty wet thud.

The werewolf roared in pain, jumping away from his enemy. With his inhuman speed, it had raised its arm to defend himself. Now it was severed, still twitching on the ground. But the beast was still alive.

Its eyes darted around, between you and Lord Minduri. Through the veil of pain and rage came through it’s natural cunning. And so, with split seconds to think, it chose the easier target.

It leaped to the side, and then charged past Lord Minduri, straight towards you. The Astrologist tried stopping it, but he wasn’t nearly fast enough. And so, it leaped over the fallen tree and kept going. There were only twenty feet between you, and you could see the murder in its eyes.

What do you do?
>Write in...
>>
>>46183461
Morality and ethics are complex topics that are difficult for everyone to grasp, and impossible to fully grasp, especially with grey areas.
In the end, it's safest to go the route of self preservation, since it's the most basic instinct that everything but ants have.
Fuck ants.
>>
>>46183522
Stand ground and shoot it in the face.
Zero fucks given.
>>
>>46183522
This isn't the first charging, pissed off werewolf we've slowed down. Shoot it in the leg, slow it down and let Lord Miburi come back.

>>46183542
Alright then. If we kill Lord Miburi, but fail to kill the werewolf, we're dead. If we kill the werewolf, but fail to kill Lord Miburi, we MIGHT survive depending on how we go about it. Killing both is more difficult than killing one.
>>
>>46183522

I only just started reading this quest and cannot seem to find the archives. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say blood magic?
>>
>>46183522
Dodge to the side that is missing an arm, thats where it lacks reach. While doing this, thrust out with a dagger, in case it bears down on you.
>>
>>46183589
>Shoot it in the leg, slow it down and let Lord Miburi come back.
Supporting this.
>>
>>46183615
This
>>
>>46183606
We are in front of a paladin.
Using bloog magic now is as bad as getting mauled by a werewolf.
>>
>>46183615
This, twenty feet is too close for slowing him down with a shot.
>>
>>46183615

I'm with shanking the fucker.
>>
>>46183615
Shank him
>>
>>46183615
This. With the shanking with a way lower priority than the not-fucking-dying-part.
>>
>>46183606
Here are the archives. No suptg cause I'm a lasy ass. >>46182494

>>46183724
>>46183663
>>46183658
>>46183638
>>46183615
Shank him

>>46183621
>>46183589
>>46183588
shoot him
>>
>>46183823
That was my intent.
Sort of assuming he keeps going at us, so we use his turning charge and our own force to sink a dagger into his fucking throat or something.
>>
>>46183839
Also, I'll need a DC 60 roll to dodge and crit DC 95 to do some damage.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>46183862
Have a crit
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>46183862
Praying
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>46183862
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>46183862
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

rollin'
>>
>>46183917
Get rekt wolfenstein
>>
>>46183878
At least we doged.
>>
>>46183917
we're making a wolf skin coat now bitches
>>
I'm legit surprised that you guys didn't go full murder hobo
>>
>>46183917
Your first instinct was to shoot it again, but that would do little against the raging beast. And so you tossed your bow to the side, and ran towards him, your trusty bone knife in hand. At the last moment, you ducked to your right, the side where he had no arm. He still swung at you with his other arm, but you passed just under it, slicing him across the leg. He barely felt it.

You came tumbling down, and the werewolf barreled passed you. You didn’t turn to see how he was doing, instead focusing on getting up and running towards Lord Minduri. The man was also charging in your direction, axe raised above his head.

“Duck!”, he shouted, and so you did. You heard the piece of metal swish through the air and bury itself into something squishy. You quickly rolled onto your back, just to see the werewolf a few feet behind you. He stumbled back, with an axe in his chest. Still, he wasn’t dead.

Before the creature could do anything else, the giant man tackled it to the ground, and started bashing its head into a bloody pulp. The werewolf still struggled, but now, bloodied, and missing one arm, his attempts led to nothing.

What do you do?
>Just let him kill the werewolf
>Now is probably your last chance to kill Lord Minduri. Take it.
>Write in...
>>
>>46184312
Wait till he kills the werewolf and offer to tend Minduri's wounds.
>>
>>46184312
>>Just let him kill the werewolf
>>
>>46184312
I say this.>>46184352
>>
>>46184312
>>46184352
This.
>>
>>46184312

>Now is probably your last chance to kill Lord Minduri. Take it.
He does want to kill blood mages like us, and this is the safest way to remove that threat to us.
>>
>>46184352
He probably won't take us up on the offer, as he seems to be able to heal himself quite fast. However, it might get us information on what he can do.

Also, even weak as he is now, I'm not sure if we can take him. Let alone if it's wise. Because I suppose the different cause of death would be obvious to anybody with a hint of an idea. And they sure as hell won't leave his corpse to rot.
>>
>>46184312
>kill minduri
Mobile wont cooperate with copypaste
>>
>>46184352
This
>>
>>46184352

This

>>46183839

Thanks just caught up on archives
>>
>>46184491
It doesn't matter, we just need to make a good impression by trying to help him.
Killing him is a bad idea, because it invites trouble and means cutting the only source of reliable information we have regarding the Astrologists.
I think getting on his good side and talking with him to obtain information about the guys who might try to murder our ass one day would be a better idea, specially since we don't know which methods they have for identifying blood mages or dealing with them.
>>
>>46184567

Plus I would hate to be the only person walking back from a fight between the Lord and a werewolf. I think that they're going to be bringing our friend though the Observatory here soon and it is more useful to be friends with the people inside than not
>>
>>46184352
Ok, going with this.
>>
>>46184748
He kept on hitting him, and werewolf struggled less and less with each strike. It went on a while, until Lord Minduri ran out of power. By that point the thing was already long dead. He rolled over to his back, trying to catch his breath. He looked exhausted, his armor was covered in blood - both his and the creatures - but there was a faint smile on his face.

“My Lord, you are bleeding. Let me bandage you up.”, you said.

At that, he laughed.

“Son, this is nothing. I’ve been a lot worse. That time I stumbled into a giant spider den? Oh, I couldn’ feel my lower half for weeks. Stars, that was a hell of a honeymoon!”

He closed his eyes and laid there for a while, saying nothing. You stood near him, not quite sure what to do. Finally, he started to stand up. After he did, he placed his heavy hand on your shoulder, and said:

“First of all, thank you. If it wasn’t for your arrow, I might not have survived this fight. You were really brave, when you ignored my orders and came to my aid anyway. Again, I admire your courage greatly”, he said, solemnly looking straight into your eyes.
>>
>>46185519
He let you go, and slapped you across the face.

Surprised, you didn’t even react. You felt like you got hit in the face by a maul. You slumped to the floor like a sack of flour, your left cheek burning up with pain. He continued, his voice as calm as ever:

“Now that was your punishment for insubordination. You’re lucky, too, that you aren’t a part of the Order yet. If it was one of my men standing here in your place, disobeying my direct order, he would have gotten much worse. Come on now, stand up. We’ve got places to be.”

He offered you his hand, and pulled you back to your feet. And then took one last glance at the werewolf’s corpse, and walked off, expecting you to follow.

As you walked, he started talking again:

“I never got your name, kid. What is it?”

“Alehandro”, you offered the same fake name you gave to Guzio.

“A pleasure, Alehandro. I must admit, I misjudged you. I rarely do so. When you first came to me, you looked like you were saw your own death. I thought you were a snivelling coward. A filthy weakling, too afraid to even defend himself.”

“That’s nice to know, my Lord.”

“But now I see I was wrong. You are no coward, for you came to my side to face the werewolf. You even had enough courage to go against my orders, which is more than I can say for most of my men. And, you don’t lack skill in bowmanship.”

You stayed in humble silence.

“So, tell me, why didn’t you just shoot the gnoll when it first came upon you in the forest? That is how you found out about the werewolves, correct? So why didn’t you just kill the thing?”

What do you say?
>I pitied it
>It was dark, I was afraid to miss
>I just don’t like killing
>It snuck up on me
>Write in…

Also
What would you like to talk about with him?
>Write in...
>>
>>46185547
>>I just don’t like killing
>>
>>46185547
>>
>>46185519
>i pitied it
then talk about being able to skin the monster
>>
>>46185547
Ask about how Astrologists are instructed to deal with things such as gnolls, werewolves, bandits or blood mages.
We need to know how they might proceed if we are found out or if they suspect there is a blood mage lurking in the area.
>>
>>46185647
>>46185612
These
>>
>>46185547
>I'll grant that sometimes it's necessary, and I'm not about to leave behind humans for gnolls, but killing something that can talk back just doesn't sit right with me.
>>
>>46185612
Roll to convince him to stop and skin the monster. DC 75 crit DC 90
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>46185835
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>46185835
I mean, we could always just let him keep going and just skin it ourselves, say that we'll meet up later today.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>46185835
Skinning
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>46185835
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>46185835
>>
>>46185925
Awww, I was too slow.
>>
>>46185880
>>46185920
>>46185925
Welp.
>>
Just dropped by, do we need to harvest it's lifeforce by skinning it?
>>
>>46186006
Too late for that, but werewolf hide is tough and presumably has supernatural qualities.ô
>>
>>46186006
I don't recommend doing anything blood magic-related in front of a paladin.
First we need to get information out of him, like if they have some sort of "Detect Heretic" spell or if they have any way of finding out if someone is a blood mage aside from watching him use blood magic.
>>
“I just don’t like killing.”

“You liked it enough to shoot that werewolf.”

“I'll grant that sometimes it's necessary, and I'm not about to leave behind humans for gnolls, but killing something that can talk back just doesn't sit right with me.

He huffed, displeased with that line of reasoning.

“Would you try to talk down a witch? Or maybe a blood mage? Those things understand our tongue just fine, and some of them even were human at some point in their lives. Would you try and have nice chat with them too? Because let me tell you, it would end with you being sacrificed on an altar.”

You stayed silent. He took it as a sign that you agreed with him.

“I was like that at your age, you know. Wishing everyone would just get along. But don’t worry, after you see the horrors of what these creatures do, you’ll see things my way.”

For a while after that, you both walked in silence.

Ask about how Astrologists are instructed to deal with things such as gnolls, werewolves, bandits or blood mages.
We need to know how they might proceed if we are found out or if they suspect there is a blood mage lurking in the area.

Then, you piped up again:

“My Lord, I’ve always wondered, how are Astrologists instructed to deal with things such as gnolls, werewolves, bandits or blood mages?”

“What, interested in joining up? If you are, come talk to me first before doing anything else. To answer your question, though, it really depends on which of those we’re talking about. Bandits? Those are usually left to mundane authorities. If they ever come to blows with us, however, they are as likely to get mercy as any other foe.

Gnolls, and werewolves? My order, and those like it, usually hunt them down whenever they appear in the region. They are usually not hard to track. They leave a trail of wickedness everywhere they go. With a god’s blessings, one can be taught to see it, and so finding them becomes an easy task."
>>
>>46186875
"And blood mages, necromancers, druids, and the like, those are the trickiest. They look human, see, so anybody could be one. Yes, they too leave the same trail as any other monster, but because of their human origin, it doesn't stick. If they stop using their magic for a while, they become indistinguishable from you or me. And so, when we get a report of any forbidden arts, we usually investigate, interrogate the witnesses, look for clues, and try and capture our suspects. If they resist with their cursed powers, well, then they are obviously guilty, and we kill them on the spot. If they don’t, then they are judged by our High Seers, and punished accordingly.”

You nodded along his explanation.

When you reached the clearing where the battle took place, you asked if you could stay to skin the werewolf.

“I am a hunter by trade, my Lord, so leaving a kill of mine to rot would sinful”, you explained.

“Fine. But I am needed with my men. I would usually never leave a civilian alone in a forest, but you’ve proven that you can handle yourself. If you don’t think you can find your way back, then stay here. I’ll send some people to recover the fallen, and they’ll lead you home if need be.”

“Thank you, my Lord.”

And so, you said your farewells. Lord Miduri left, and you got to work on the hide. It took you hours to get it ready - it was really tough compared to a normal animal’s skin - but when it was finally done you were proud of your work.

What do you do?
>Go back to town, to the Observatory
>Go back to town, to the library
>Go back to town, to an inn.
>Go back to town, to make something out of this hide
>Try to find your gnoll friend.
>Wait for Miduri’s men to come
>Write in...
>>
>>46186901
>>Try to find your gnoll friend.
>>
>>46186901
>Go back to town, to sell two of the hides. The third you'll keep, maybe get someone to make you some leather armor.
>>
>>46186901
>>Try to find your gnoll friend.
>>
>>46186901
>Try to find your gnoll friend.
>>
>>46187003
sounds good
>>
I just finished reading the last two threads, and my trust for the other voters has gone down a lot.

>Yelling blood magic and shooting your bow won
And I wonder if that amulet the priest gave us protects us from the detection magic the paladin used. He might suspect we are what we implied we are. Its hard to figure a reason why else we were not pointed out to Miduri. And he did say the gods led him to find us, so he was paying extra attention.

And it seems we can not be detected if we do not use blood magic for some time.

>>46186901
>Go back to town, to make something out of this hide
Nothing good can come out of playing around with the gnolls. Pls anons
>>
>>46186960
After finishing up with the hide, you decided to search around for your gnoll buddy. It wasn’t as tough as you thought it would be. First, you found the spot where he was hiding when the battle began. Then, it was just the question of following his footprints. It looked like he walked around quite a lot in circles, but that didn’t fool you.

Although it did took you some time. When you found his camp, the sun has already set, and the moons have come out to play. He was sitting there, near a campfire. On it, two rabbits were being roasted.

As he saw you approach, he nodded, as if he had expected you to come.

“Come, sit. Have rrabbit”, he growled invitingly. It was quite a while since you ate, so you daren’t refuse.

“I suppose I should thank you forr help with escape”, he said.

You tried to answer with a mouthful of rabbit, but failed. After thoroughly chewing on it, you tried again:

“It was my fault they were there in the first place.”

“Maybe. But now wolf-men dead. Though most of the pack dead too. Yourr khooman frriends fight good.”

You simply nodded, while stuffing your mouth.

“You said you outcast. Yourr people no like what you do. Why have so many friends then?”

What do you say?
Write in…

Also, what would you like to talk about?
Write in...
>>
>>46187468
>Its hard to figure a reason why else we were not pointed out to Miduri. And he did say the gods led him to find us, so he was paying extra attention.

That was the priest dude not the paladin.
>>
>>46187580
"Because while i may be an outcast, it is for a reason i can hide. Meaning i can take advantage of these people and others."
>>
>>46187580
My way of fighting is outlawed by those in power
Ask him what he plans to do
And fuck it ask him if he ever heard of our master
>>
>>46187609
I know what I said. Pointed out to Miduri via his detection magic,

>>46187580
>You can make many friends if you show them to their enemies.
>You should be able to lead your tribe again. You're pretty tough, and they need a leader.
>>
>>46187580
"They don't know what I am, so it was safe for me to tell them about the werewolves. It's tough to lie in front of someone who would kill you in an instant if they knew about what you do, but I guess I managed it well enough."

Proceed to talk about what he plans on doing now.
>>
>>46187580
>They might not like me, but I'll help them anyways. Outcast or no.

>Nothing, you were just here to make sure he was alright.
>>
>>46187003
>>46186901
This sounds like a good plan
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46187892
"They don't know what I am, so it was safe for me to tell them about the werewolves. It's tough to lie in front of someone who would kill you in an instant if they knew about what you do, but I guess I managed it well enough."
“You khoomans crrazy”, he shook his head, tearing into his rabbit.

“You should be able to lead your tribe again. You're pretty tough, and they need a leader.”

“Bah! Those cowarrds can rrot! I no want anything to do with them!”, he exclaimed, spitting on the ground.

“What do you want, then?”

The gnoll mulled it over for a while.

“Find a new clan, maybe. Find a good mate, no cowarrd, have few cubs. Orr maybe just new home. Not herre, herre is not safe. Too many crrazy khoomans. Orr maybe we can trravel both? Togetherr?”, after saying the last part, the gnoll looked away, a bit shy.

What do you say to that?
>Yes
>No

Also, what would you like to do next?
>Go back to town and spend the night somewhere (where? Remember, you have no money.)
>Spend the night here. (Where would you like to go in the morning?)
>Write in...
>>
>>46188253
>No
>Go back to town and spend the night somewhere (where? Remember, you have no money.)

See if the Observatory will put you up, if only for a night.
>>
>>46188253
>Yes
But let's finish our business in town first.
>Spend night here
Go to the Observatory in the morning.
>>
>>46188253
>Yes
>Spend the night here. (Where would you like to go in the morning?)
In the morning, go and clean up the wolf hide in a nearby stream, maybe work it into a more appropriate cloak and shit.
>>
>>46188253
>No
Where in the world can a gnoll and a human bloodmage be accepted?

>Spend the night here.
We head back to the Observatory in the morning.
>>
>>46188402
>>46188380
Do you guys really want to group with a gnoll? We have a thing going in town.
>>
>>46188253
>yes
I wanna be a bloodmage protecting a gnoll clan, that sounds fun as fuq
>>
>>46188452
>I wanna be a bloodmage protecting a gnoll clan
He just said he was not going back to his clan
>>
>>46188469
He going to a new one, though
>>
>>46188411
>Where in the world can a gnoll and a human bloodmage be accepted?
The BBEG's lieutenants club? I don't know, you tell me.

Also, writing.
>>
>>46188528
Let's pretend he's our slave by trade.
>>
>>46188528
“Why not? I could use some company”, you decided, after some thought.

“Rreally?”, the gnoll sounded surprisedl, “Grrah, I mean… Rreally, you have to be stoopid and crrazy to not agrree. So, wherre we go?”

“Actually, I still have some business to finish in town. And then we’ll see.”

“Don’t think I go with you. Is crrazy therre, many khoomans. Betterr stay herre. ”

After chatting for a bit more, both of you went to sleep. Next morning, you woke up to the smell of breakfast. Your gnollish friend has cathed and fried a few birds while you slept. After eating, you went straight towards town.

The morning was busy there. People were clamoring on and on about yesterday’s raid on the werewolf menace. It was the talk of the town. A few even mentioned some archer killing one of the beasts, although many of those attributed that feat to Lord Minduri. And so when you walked through the streets with a werewolf pelt on your back, you were given more than a few glances.

When you arrived in the Observatory, you were immediately greeted by one of the acolytes.

“Sir Alehandro”, he said nervously, “I was told you’d be arriving yesterday. I was getting worried that something happened.”

“As you can see, I’m all in one piece”, you said, wondering when did the people here start addressing you as sir.

“Still, there are a few people that want to see you as soon as possible. Let’s see… Both High Seer Guzio and Lord Miduri of the Order of Qua-Turu want to talk to you. Who do you wish to see first, sir?”

>Guzio
>Lord Miduri
>Actually, I want none of that. Go somewhere else instead.
>Write in…
>>
>>46189005
>Guzio

See what he's about before bailing.
>>
>>46189005
Guzio is a good bet. He probably wants to see if we're fine.
>>
>>46189005
>Lord Miduri
Well, lets see the aftermath.
>>
>>46189090
>>46189128
>>
>>46189005
>>Guzio
>>
Dont forget the bestiary
>>
>>46189266
“I’d like to see Guzio first”, you decided.

“Of course, sir. Follow me, if you will.”

And so you did, climbing up the stairs again. This time you went on for a little longer, reaching higher up in the observatory. Did that mean that Guzio was more powerful than Miduri, you wandered? Or more respected?

The acolyte opened the right door for you, and you came in. Guzio’s room had a lot more fanfare to it. The walls, the ceiling, and even the floors were all covered in some sort of glyphs and images, all looking pretty cryptic. The desk in the middle of the room was swarmed with all sorts of books, scrolls, and various writing implements. Behind it sat Guzio. He looked pretty tired, with huge bags under his eyes. Seeing you come in, he jumped, and quickly closed the door.

“You’re finally here, Alehandro. Good to see you well.”, he smiled with all of his teeth.

“It’s nice to see you too, sir Guzio. Is everything quite alright?”

“What heart of gold you have, little Alehandro, worrying about an old man like me. But you don’t need to. No, everything isn’t just alright. Everything is great. Better than great, actually!”

“Is that so? Well, I’m really glad to hear that.”

As unlikely as it was at this point, his smile widened.

“I bet you would be. I would be too, if I were you. Although I would be a bit frightened, too. But that’s to be expected. For you see, little Alehandro, I know your little secret. Oh, yes, I know exactly who you are”, he murmured into your ear.

What do?
>Panic
>Run away
>Stab the fucker
>Deny everything
>Admit it
>Write in…

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for playing, everybody! It was really fun. I'll see about running tomorrow and the day after that. If it doesn't work out, we'll have a guaranteed session Friday.

Here is my twitter, where I announce the sessions. https://twitter.com/BloodMageQM

As always, your opinions are welcome.
>>
>>46189599
>Write in

I need an adult
>>
>>46189599
>>Write in…
And... I'd be surprised if you didn't after I damn near told you yesterday.
>>
>>46189633
Poor little boy I am an adult
>>
>>46189599
"Who am I, sir?"
Don't deny or admit to anything, don't do anything rash. He might be talking about something else.
>>
>>46189660
This, a thousand times this
He could be thinking we're some kind of legendary hunter or marksman of some kind for all we know
>>
>>46189599
>Okay, you got me. *Unbutton shirt* I'm really a womyn.
>>
>>46189599
How did you find out that I'm....CATHOLIC?!
>>
>>46189599
>>46189660
This is the only right answer.
>>
>>46189714
Go back to wherever you came from

>>46189599
>>46189729

Ahh, you found out I'm a catholic.
Damn.
>>
>>46189831
;_;
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.