[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine and Hordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 9
File: FB_IMG_1456782693477.jpg (36 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456782693477.jpg
36 KB, 700x700
Its been a while edition.

How has TG been?

Are Trolls still annoyingly unrespected?

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>>textuploader <dot> com / 52c6a
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc(embed)
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv(embed)

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
Just a heads up that the latest errata is Jan 2016, not August 2015.

> http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
>>
>>46179977
Niether of the abridged fluff links work
>>
>>46181162
Remove the (embed).
>>
So Mobius ended up bombing anyway. I never shoud've trusted Pee Poo.
>>
>>46182493
>Mobius ended up bombing
???
>>
http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/legion-of-everblight/solos/grotesque-assassin
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cygnar/solos/trench-buster
>>
>>46182493
Explain yourself?

Mobius gave more ranged output to cryx who were obviously not on par with the top factions anymore, so they needed a push more than any other faction.

duh.
>>
>>46182493
>So Mobius ended up bombing his foes with giant globs of corrosive gunk
ftfy
>>
How's Deneghra2 after Shadow Bind nerf?
>>
Kreoss3 with no Vengers cause I am poor.
Viable or should I find another caster and wait till I have gathered some money?
>>
>>46185807
>using anyone but Harbinger
>>
>>46185993
Too boring fellow Menite
>>
>>46182493
Hes great in cephalix and like venethrax, a few other cryx casters
>>
>>46184685
Still a Cryx caster, no longer wins on scernario turn 3 without rolling any dice.

The nerf actually made her better against swarm armies, but worse against battlegroup heavy lists.
>>
>>46187206
>The nerf actually made her better against swarm armies

But she didn't get any buffs?
>>
>>46187366
I don't mean she got better, I mean that her tactics and effectiveness stayed about the same against swarm armies.
>>
>>46187440
False advertising senpai
>>
>>46185807
I'm having fun with Handsome Anson.
>>
>>46188600
>Handsome Anson.
You mean Fatass. Srsly, turn the model around and look how fat his ass is.
That guy so wide of the hips he could have babies.
>>
>>46185807
No Kreoss3 without Vengers.
>Not allowed
>Not OK
Stop being poor, save up for some Vengers.

Kreoss3 is a very good versatile caster though, as soon as you get some Vengers.
>>
>>46189078
I bought 5 Vengers a long time ago and I intended to buy 5 more so I can play his theme force, but do you think that it's a bad idea?
>>
>>46190288

Depends on why you are doing it. If it's for fun gopher it.

If it's for "muh muh competitiveness " I would hold off on it. PP has said there would be theme force tweaks in the future. I doubt Kreoss3 is going to draw any ire, but it's always a possibility that Theme forces may be restricted in some form or another.
>>
>>46184685
I still run her, -3 DEF is still -3 DEF, and if my opponent wants to spend a bunch of focus/fury to get his jacks/beasts to act normally I'll take it. The nerf may push more pDenny play because her feat still fucks you over
>>
I am originally a Legion player but I switched to Retribution.

I should probably do something with my Legion models. How do I get excited about Legion? Which casters are just stupid fun to play. Not the most competitive, but most fun.
>>
>>46195305
The Twins are fun just because they're so different from anything else.

Abby2 because conferred rage in Legion.
>>
>>46195305
A lot of them are fun.

Thags1 is straightforward and simple, but hot damn is bringing back Typhon in a 35pt game enjoyable.

Thags2 can run an entertaining beast swarm, including a bazillion lessers if that's your thing.

Bethayne's great. Choosing between an arc node light or monster ARM each turn can be a pretty unique experience.

Abby2 kills stuff to buff her beasts rather than casting support spells like a scrub, then teleports around the board like a madwoman.

Kallus is fun because Incubi are fun, and he puts them inside everyone for a turn. Also, he runs a different list than the traditional Legion setup.
>>
>>46182493

Explain!
>>
>>46201406
Because he's made of resin he's not allowed in tournaments around here.
>>
>>46201601
u wot
>>
>>46201665
My scene is obsessed with keeping the spirit of the game alive, so we're only allowed to play with metal models.
>>
>>46201974
Your scene is killing the game
>>
>>46179977
>Are Trolls still annoyingly unrespected?

Well the at the start point that is the case, and at the end point that is a case but boy did you miss out on something in the middle...

I think the weirdest thing going on right now is that Skorne seems to have become all-Theme forces, all the time, and it wasn't because of Fist of Halaak exploding again- eMorghoul and eZaal. Seriously, them.
>>
>>46202038

Don't feed the trolls, anon. They might get weaponmaster back if they aren't kept scrawny.
>>
>>46202038
I can see where they're coming from though, Warmachine was never intended to have plastic models so the game balance has started swaying since Bastions were released.
>>
>>46201974
Find a new fucking scene
>>
>>46201974
>only allowed to play with metal models.

I guess your meta sucks for cyngar .. no stormwalls allowed.
>>
>>46182493
>>46201601
>>46201974
please tell me you are trolling or you live in a home for autistic reject 40k players
>>
>>46202675
It's the page 5 that calls plastic users faggots actually.
>>
>>46199368
>>46196454
Alright so I have the battlebox, Warspears+UA, and Legionnaires+UA.

Which caster can I build into a decent list? I know I'll probably need more heavy beasts regardless.

I actually had a lot of fun with Lylyth1 in low point level games, but as the point levels get higher I think she kind of falls off.
>>
File: He will get bored.png (148 KB, 749x750) Image search: [Google]
He will get bored.png
148 KB, 749x750
>>46202704
>>
Speaking of page 5, do you guys think that Mark 3 will still mention "play like you got a pair"?
>>
>>46202716

Thags1
>>
>>46202813
tbqh it shouldn't as it could trigger flashbacks in post op trannies.
>>
>>46189053
Is that his actual big fat ass? Or is it just his big fat ass armor?
>>
File: 1456902609976.png (252 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1456902609976.png
252 KB, 500x453
>>46201974
>>
So Nareesh what skorne heavies does he work best with? And what units? Because I got him recently and I've been trying to figure out what next to buy.
>>
>>46204932

Archidons
>>
>>46205055
Right, I was also thinking a gladiator would be devastating under his feat.
>>
>>46205169
Pretty much all the good heavies are better with him, Gladiator, Bronzeback, Karn. He's likely the best warlock to run the Hydra as well.
>>
>>46205458
I've seen that you can put they hydra in his theme force which sounds fun.
>>
>>46201974

Your scene is obsessed in keeping alive the spirit of previous edition of the game from a time when the price of metals used in models had not yet become prohibitively unstable.

I get it, though. I have my own personal biases about this game like not accepting deathclock as a proper personal win condition and refusing to play the clock in tournaments even if it's clearly the best option.

But accept that you're keeping alive the spirit of a personal bias of certain group of people.
>>
>>46206381
There is nothing sweeter than playing Lucant or Axis and intended to clock every opponent I face.

Just the look on their face and their body language when they realize that they just can't do anything, and yet I'm not going to end it, is the best thing in the world.
>>
>>46206422
How do you clock them instead of clocking yourself with Axis?
>>
>>46206422

This is the world we, or probably just me, have to live in. In deathclock event I guess this isn't any worse than especially savoring a caster kill or a scenario victory.

Now, if you rather clock yourself with Axis instead of letting opponent win with, like, whatever other option... then you're a monster. A monster, I tell you!

>>46206742
Probably just by running forward and not making any attacks at all, or just enough to keep foundries safe. The pacifist way to win Warmachine, or something.
>>
Well, NQ 65 is out today, so.... anybody got a link?
>>
>>46207779
I'm excited to get a look at that too. Wanna see the Campaign rules and that Guts n Gears.
>>
>>46203318
you don't wear armor that wide unless you have to.
It's the mobility scooter armor of warmachine.
>>
>>46191690
One full unit of Vengers with Kreoss3 is enough.
We're not trollbood or khador players that will spam the same thing 9000 times.
>>
>>46207779
Cryxy pirate we need you
>>
>>46206742
There's two basic tactics to the Axis list.

1. The enemy has models I can kill, and thus I'm going to CMA as often as possible to quickly kill them.

2. The enemy does not have models I can kill, but he can't kill enough of my models to get anywhere. I'm just going to spread out and jam the shit out of all the zones.

You're absolutely right though, Axis can clock you if you're not careful. Have to realize when it's 1 or when it's 2.
>>
>>46207536
Clock wins are the most consistent. Players usually have the ability to figure out an assassination or how to clear a zone, but most players don't actually learn to really play on the clock.
>>
>>46210278
>>46210319

Yeah, there's a real temptation to go into the tank in order to come up with a way to get a normal turn's worth of contribution from your list, and hell, you can even do it. But if it takes you 2-3 turns worth of time to do it, it isn't worth it. Costs you the game; just activating everything and ending turn could have been a better strategy.
>>
>>46209824
>>46207779
If someone knows of a way to rip it from ppdigital I can upload a copy. Can't do screenshots because their app is a pile of shit and crashes on trying to open the magazine.
>>
>>46212265
I found this old thread on the forums.
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?180819-PPDigital-and-the-PC
>>
>>46212679
No luck on the phone, I'll have a crack on bluestacks, if only because fuck PP and their crappy app.
>>
Anyone have some tips for playing against terminus and butcher3? There are 2 guys in my meta that just discovered them, it's been like 3 weeks now and I don't think I've seen them play anything else once.
>>
>>46214393
Have you tried just not fucking playing with them, I remember awhile back the legion guy at my lgs started having a little too much fun with elilith. He was getting countered all the time after week 1, but he still only played her. People just refused to play his list for the 400th time and he started switching it up again.

If the people at your lgs keep letting these guys play the same lists repeatedly; then it's your own fault. Your enabling them, and if you can't win games after 3 weeks of learning the casters you might actually be retarded.
>>
>>46214393
Take the balanced elf lady and laugh.
Possibly take the balanced mage of no spells
>>
>>46214393
Terminus's threat is only 15 inches. I love him but hes not a god
>>
>>46214393

What do you play?

Butcher 3 hates anything that can deny him spells. I.E. The Book in Menoth or Orin Midwinter. If he can't use his pull in spell or flashing blade, his threat is very linear and avoidable. A good shooting game doesn't hurt and Eiryss1's Disruption Bolt can make him think twice about trying to jam butcher into you and use his feat to camp afterward. Just keep her safe.

Terminus I haven't seen a whole lot but, I know he is basically a meat thresher for a turn. Your best bet would be to simply have a list without a lot of souls for him to eat. Either get a Gatorman Witch Doctor to turn your stuff into zombies or play a jack/beast heavy list. Make sure you keep track of his threat range and go for scenario seems like a safe bet. Also, anything that can deny/take off souls is a decent bet.
>>
>>46215180
explain
>>
>>46217174
He means the epic elf whore and Midwinter.
>>
>>46217447
>>46217174

actually meant prime elf whore in this case.
Makes it harder for those two to just camp while wrecking your shit (terminus still gets 1 turn, but its better than 2 turns of him being an unkillable shit).
Midwinter is more for the butcher matchup, although I suppose it would prevent terminus from getting too checky
>>
>>46218042
Terminus has sac pawn. Eiryss a shit
>>
Why do people say that Hordes infantry is bad?
Sure they may not be strictly better than Warmachine but they are really not bad.
I think the main issue is that by design Hordes encourages more battlegroup heavy armies
>>
>>46219182
Probably because Hordes doesn't have Bane Knights. I play Skorne and my infantry is trash. Nihilators need a UA so badly it hurts.
>>
>>46219237
I think every faction would like Bane Knights.
I have no experience with skorne so please don't take this as bait but what is so bad about them? they are on the mid range price-wise and they do not seem that terrible.
Your multiwounds are pretty decent and the trash tier infantry(preatorians iirc) are just that cheap and not impressive.
>>
>>46219499
The "best" infantry Skorne has is Nihilators and Incendiarii.
>Nihilators
No UA, and while Berserk in theory can help them clear out infantry, it's easy to play around by spreading your army. Making sure to keep your front line perfectly flat can also cause Nihilators to kill each other. Having tough is nice, but it's unreliable. Also they get rendered largely useless by Self Sacrifice because the target needs to die for Berserk to trigger.
>Incendiarii
Cost a lot of points and bad dice rolls can cause fire to land in the middle of nowhere. Also armies that are immune to either continuous effects or fire in general just happen to casually counter them, turning them into an absolutely trash unit that you wouldn't have brought if you'd known. Also no UA.

Both of them get accidentally countered by a lot of shit that lots of armies bring anyway. Last game I was playing against eGrim who 1) shit on Nihilators by making them easy to hit and removing their tough with one of his spells, and 2) had a fucking Krielstone so my Nihilators became absolutely useless. I had to attempt a gimmicky Molik Karn assassination which would've worked if I'd realised a bunch of shit, but it was still super annoying bringing 17 points of infantry that's rendered useless by models my opponent was bringing anyway.

Meanwhile there's very little your opponents can bring that accidentally makes these guys good. The only other honourable mention for Skorne infantry is Cetratii purely because they're hardcore fuckers who can hold a point with zero support and make excellent Revive targets for Mordikaar.
>>
>>46219617
>had a fucking Krielstone so my Nihilators
*Incendiarii
>>
>>46219617
So what would you like more out of them?
What role you want them to fill?
>>
>>46217160
I play CoC, honestly butcher is more of a problem for everyone else, and terminus is mainly a pain in my ass. My best list is my axis teir, but even if I have range for soul deny it's still a huge pain in the ass to play terminus. I also have an iron mother list, but I'm considering building something for syntherion just for this match up.
>>
>>46219617
What are you expecting your infantry to do for you? What are your nihilators doing on the field? What about your incendiarii? Are you just charging your nihilators into infantry and trying to wipe them all out? You also have to know what the other caster can do, in order to position your forces effectively. If you're fighting trolls, you should have some dudes for screening (keltarii or swordsmen, both are p good for this purpose) and some bigger dudes who can take out a lighter 'jack or some support pieces.

Swordsmen + UA can really clear out some single-wound infantry, if you can get them there, and keltarii have a ton of movement, especially if they can get Vengeance on them.

Also, complaining about bad dice rolls making a unit bad is kinda dumb in a game that revolves around RNG. Sometimes you roll shitty; plan around it.
>>
>>46220829
Syntherion and Lucant can both go into Hordes, especially Terminus.

My traditional Syntherion list into Cryx is as follows:

Forge Master Syntherion (*6pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Diffuser (3pts)
* Galvanizer (0pts)
* Assimilator (8pts)
* Assimilator (8pts)
* Cipher (9pts)
* Modulator (6pts)
* Modulator (6pts)
* Monitor (8pts)
Optifex Directive (Leader and 2 Grunts) (2pts)
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex (1pts)

Use the ADO to put MH on one of his units(or Temie himself) and then just shoot his entire army off the table. Cycle HS between Assys for maxmium Ground Pounder action, use the Cipher to slow his non-pathfinder models to nothing or to pick up his low ARM stuff.

Lucant has some game as well, mostly because Terminus can't kill him. Something like

Father Lucant, Divinity Architect (*5pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Cipher (9pts)
* Inverter (8pts)
Transinfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors (9pts)
Transinfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors (9pts)
Reciprocators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Accretion Servitors (1pts)
Enigma Foundry (3pts)

Should more than do the trick. Just keep Watcher up to prevent Terminus from coming in himself and use the TEPs to spray down his stuff on the way in.
>>
>>46221425

There's an elephant in the room here- with any warlock you take that isn't Mordikaar, including a unit of single wound living infantry has the possibility of hurting you more than it can help. The selection is weighed against that implicit threat, and nihilators are about the only guys in-faction that can easily justify the risk with Excarnate lurking just out of mind.

Fuck, the popular skorne single-wound infantry spam lists are Zaal1 30 Immortals, Zaal2 30 immortals, and there isn't a single living grunt on the table there but for Zaal2's beast handlers.
>>
>>46221425
Different Skorne anon, but I can understand his points. Basically breaks down like this:

Single wound infantry: Swordsmen are just bad. 13/14 with no defensive tech and no reach means that they are usually shot off the table. In the flip side, Keltarii are much easier to deliver and have reach, but have a single low pow attack. And in both cases, the units are not fearless and Mat 6. Nihlators bring the total package with a decent pow reach attack, an inbuilt survival mechanic, and berserk means you usually only need 3-4 to be delivered to make their points back. At 5/8, they outclass all our other options.

Multiwound: Cetrati and Incindiarii are great because they are numerous, cheap on a per-model basis, and bring either a durable wall that can hit back decently or long ranged AoE's that dont even have to hit to do work. Arcuarii are typically only seen in Fist of Halaak because the general cataphract defensive statline is bad and they need to get close to do work. 12/15 with 8 wounds is not super durable, especially when your gun is 8" range and you're meant to charge things. Thus, the min units work because they are 5 points for 4 guys which (with fury) should trade for a heavy. And you have 2-3 units in a sea of other cataphracts.
>>
Have a good read, /tg/.
NoQuarter 65 from your friendly cryxian pirates.

> http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/WcRImfTW/file.html
>>
>>46222030
Also this. Gaspy2 and Skaare1 fuck up most Skorne lists handily and we don't really have a caster that can cover both of their tricks, though Croaks do help a bit.
>>
>>46222139

>why we like cryx anyway
>>
>>46222139
>but as any Cephalyx player will tell you, a well-placed Influence can turn the tide of battle. Just the mere threat of this spell will often cause an opponent to spread their forces wide enough to negate the spell’s effect, which can often be more disruptive than the effect of the spell itself

Be honest: Has anyone ever actually worried about Influence when positioning their troops?
>>
>>46222882

Ancestral Guardians, but that's it.
>>
>>46222139
Toruk be praised!
>>
>>46219182
>Why do people say that Hordes infantry is bad?

Because Hordes armies tend to have less infantry support, and the infantry that wants to be played without support tends to be inferior to similar stuff in Warmachine.

Nihilators are good, but Doomies are better. The same pattern repeats in a lot of cases.

Croak Raiders, Tharn Bloodtrackers, and Pyg Burrowers, though, are just straight up excellent, though, but most Hordes single-wound infantry is pretty lackluster.

The above doesn't really apply to multi-wound infantry, though, where Hordes armies tend to be better than Warmachine.
>>
Hordes already has better battlegroups, does it need better units as well? Maybe we should all just play Hordes and leave Warmachine to rot.
>>
>>46219182
>>46222120
>>46223631

My observation is that most single-wound Warmachine infantry is designed to do work, while most single-wound Hordes infantry is designed to jam while the beasts do work.

There are recent trends away from this (Croak Raiders, Grotesque Banshees), but by and large, single-wound Hordes stuff just does not look like it's really designed to be particularly strong on the tabletop.
>>
>>46222882
When playing against pMorv, yes.
>>
>>46222139
Many thanks
>>
>>46219182
>Why do people say Hordes infantry is bad?
As a Blindwater player I've never complained but then again Posse is god-tier infantry.
>>
>>46224248
When people say Hordes infantry is bad, I suspect they're either referring strictly to single-wound infantry. Or they're straight-up delusional.

Either one works.
>>
>>46224533
It's the same sort of thing when people say Warlocks have worse spell lists: kind of true, until you look at the good shit.
>>
>>46224656

Invalidating so many factions' single-wound infantry units at list-construction isn't a nothing problem, anon. I'm pretty sure they didn't mean for that to be how things shook out.

Particularly when it's caught in the vice of other single-wound infantry units distorting comparative value from the other end- everything that has gone into mitigating Warmachine's super-picks just drives Hordes' stuff deeper and deeper into the hole. They're going to have to get at things from the root one day if they see it as a problem and mean to take it seriously.
>>
in wrath of the dragonfather, does anyone know if the shard that the twins are after belonged to someone? Or is it a random shard.
>>
>>46226981
It's the shard of the Champion, an unnamed dragon who was very nearly Toruk's equal. He's the one that inspired them to make the pact to fight their father, as he fought him solo and nearly won. Toruk killed him, but left him so damaged that he couldn't risk attempting to consume the shard and being killed by the other dragons.

In the confusion, the Old Witch grabbed the shard and sealed it away. Cut to present time, and both Legion and Cryx were on it's trail.

Old Witch tells Denny she'd rather Toruk have it over Everblight, so he tells her where it is. This is how Cryx gets it, but they end up losing it to Cyngar(which might have been the Witch's plan all along).

So now Constance has it, doesn't know what it is, but knows it's evil as fuck so she's trying to keep it safe. And Everblight wants the shit out of it, because it would leave him strong enough to confront his siblings and even possibly his father.
>>
>>46227238
While I dread the idea of another dragon faction a part of me would love to see a "good guy" dragon Hordes faction.
>>
>>46227496
Oh no, all dragons are evil as shit. If there's another dragon faction, it would be evil as well.

Dragons are an abomination, the world rejects them. And every single dragon is powered solely by the desire to rule over all other things.

Their very existence warps the world around them.
>>
>>46227657
Seems more like dragons make the world their bitch than them getting rejected.
>>
>>46227657
Thus the quotes. He'd oppose Everblight and Toruk so he'd come across "good" compared to his brothers. He's still a dragon.
>>
>>46227238
I hope cryx gets it back. Bar that the dragon alliance splits it and shares it
>>
Anyone had a chance to go through the campaign rules? What do you think of it?
>>
>>46231360
I thought they were pretty good. I don't know how balanced they will be until they're used. Only think I might change is if someone is playing Cephalyx have them use cryx rules, not mercs.
>>
I wishe we had more write/drawfags
>>
>>46233793
What would you request?
>>
>>46234229
Wacky goings ons of the Skorne invasion, GaspyxDenny, Venethrax kicking ass
>>
spoilers when?
CoC when?
>>
>>46233793
I always have ideas but I don't really write. Most of that goes into campaign ideas for tabletop games.

>>46235261
>CoC
Never
>>
Well I think I'm going to rock scaverous/venethrax for a while. I think my meta is ready for it
>>
>>46234424
A 90's sitcom themed series of drawings where Goreshade and Vyros share a house and argue over how it should be ran. Then the Skorne move in next door.
>>
Does this look decent for a 35pt spell draft?

Evayl
Ravagore
Scythean
Angelius
Raek
Shredder
Annyssa Ryvaal
Shepherd
And the last 2 pts either a Forsaken or another shepherd plus swamp gobbers.

Thoughts or tips for this format?
>>
>>46239532
......what?
>>
>>46239746
Shitpost pasta, don't respond to them.
>>
>>46239888
Ok.

On topic though, I really hope we see some of the Colossals or some new caster spoilers soon. It's been kinda dead on the spoilers front, nothing new to talk about
>>
>>46239921
I agree with that.
PP holding everything for LnL has dampened the enthusiasm a lot.
>>
>>46239921
Agree completely. They've been really quiet about what's coming so all the announcements come at their convention. It's just left us with a half year quieter than we've had in years.
>>
Dammit, the sprues have been spoiled for the prime conflux, and still no rules. Curse you, PP! How am I going to see if syntherion modulator spam tier is going to be fun if you don't tell me what the centerpiece does?
>>
>>46241685
Syntherion Modulator spam is already one of his good lists.
>>
>>46239970
Shouldn't the new book be out around LnL?
>>
>>46222139
Praise Turok!
>>
>>46239921

I dunno. If I was PP I would get bummed at having my stuff poo pooed on before release.

I wonder how they decided how much of a model to produce. The reaction to mistspeaker has been so overwhelmingly negative I wonder if they will limit production runs.

I know the comp scene isn't indicative of overall sales trend... But I haven't met a "play the models I like" guy for over 2 years.
>>
>>46243694
Reading the description of the Mist Speaker makes me think they totally forget that the gobbers exist.
>>
>>46244292

I think they just gave the Fish-People an Extoller.
>>
>>46244575

*gasp*
>>
>>46244575
And that's fine. But making a model work for every faction when it does nothing for any of them is kind of hilarious.
>>
File: TC4-1.png (34 KB, 1192x575) Image search: [Google]
TC4-1.png
34 KB, 1192x575
>>46243694
It's just a support solo for spell casting and ranged beasts. Much like a combination of the Extoller Advocate and Mortitheurge Willbreaker.
>>
>>46248627
Oh, it's great in Gators, and it makes Calaban's assassination actually sort of work, which is great(and makes me want to build the list).

He just does nothing for all the main factions, despite working for every single one.
>>
>>46239514
Decent general purpose setup. I'm assuming the idea is to take all nukes, and then death ray the other caster on feat turn?

This is my current plan for Legion spell draft:

- pThags AoA Tier 2
- Blightbringer 18
- Shredder 2
Warmonger War Chief 0 (Tier benefit)
max Warspears + UA 10
max Warspears + UA 10

Because most of the bullshit the normal list puts together doesn't rely on spells, just built-in synergy with Thag's passive and his feat; just about any good spell just makes it better.
>>
>>46249068
I thought spell draft didn't allow tiers?

>>46239514
I'd fit a single unit of infantry in, incase you craft something like Fury.
>>
>>46249068
I'd like to try that list, but blightbringer is expensive $$ wise.

So evayl was my best bet.
>>
>>46249109
I own warpsears and UA and raptors. I wasn't sure if I should drop the angel or something for them.
>>
>>46249190
Warspear + UA is a good choice. It does the work it needs to do without any outside help if you don't get a spell for them.
>>
>>46249109
>I thought spell draft didn't allow tiers?

There's nothing against them in the standard PP rules, but a lot of local guys run it differently.

>>46249170
I recently picked one up because the lists built around it are often fairly low model count (and thus I can get painted in a reasonable amount of time). Yeah, it's pricey, but doesn't cost any more than, say, the same points worth of Hex Hunters.

I've considered running eVayl just for the absurdity of being able to drop up to 8 boosted-damage nukes on feat turn.
>>
>>46222139
Dragonfather be praised
>>
What are some of your favorite class combinations for IKRPG and why?
>>
How do you get motivated to paint Warmachine?

I'm stalling hard on my Menoth army and its starting to break me.

When I do work with 40k I have loads of audiobooks to listen to and media to engage in.

I tried the same with Warmachine but just didn't get that 'deep' into it. And the best resource seems to be that crappy PC Game.

Tips and advice is welcome, also links to audiobook/fluff books etc.
>>
>>46252541
Rhulic Sorcerer(Storm)/Pistoleer with a slug gun. Gives extreme mobility with the spells. Nobody expects the air dropping Dwarf in heavy armor to suddenly drop from the sky and blast his enemies with that mini-cannon.
>>
>>46252869
I get together with a bunch of friends and paint while we are talking game.
Try to paint the same kind of thing and make it a "lets keep up with eachother" thing
(a.k.a. he paints a 10 man unit, you paint a 10 man unit)
>>
File: 1455499797759.jpg (55 KB, 700x562) Image search: [Google]
1455499797759.jpg
55 KB, 700x562
>>46252869
I listen to the Red Army Choir while painting Khador.
>>
>>46252541
Gatorman warrior/bone grinder
Becoming even more terrifying to people and you can use your fetishes to greatly increase your capabilities in melee.
>>
>>46253077
>>46253089
Thanks bros
>>
So I know that Tactics is bad and what I hear a lot is that WMH is already a strategy game, we don't need a digital one (as cool as it would be).

So what if instead it was a third person shooter game? It would be cover based like The Division (which is what I've been playing a lot recently) but the more strategic aspect would come in with something like how Dragon Age Origins does it. You should be able to go in and out of that action at your own digression. So you could give quick orders to your units to attack or defend...etc, or you can pause time and jump to each unit/model and either control the leader of the unit or give the whole unit orders.

It's just a quick idea, perhaps we could get PP to begin thinking of this... I know I would love it.
>>
>>46252869
I kind of instilled a "play it painted" rule on myself, so if I really want to play something in particular, I kick my self into gear and I'm able to get back into the groove.
>>
>>46254550
Mangled Metal - a retro 2d fighting game where you play as warjacks with warcasters as assist characters.
>>
>>46255940
hehe, that would work as a mobile/small game too...
>>
Reminder that Skorne infantry is trash tier.
>>
File: 1423437647844.jpg (108 KB, 818x960) Image search: [Google]
1423437647844.jpg
108 KB, 818x960
Hello /tg/ it seems my copy of Undercity is missing the feat deck for Gardeck Stonebrow if anyone here happens to have a copy could you post a image of the cards, I was hoping to play it this weekend and you are my only hope.
If not for me then do it for freedom gryphon.
>>
I'm thinking about reworking one of my lists, because i just can't seem to get it to work. I've lost a couple of my most recent games with this list, and maybe i'm just bad with Feora two of them were pretty bad match ups but I know it could have gone better.
Faction: Protectorate of Menoth
Casters: 1/1
Feora, Protector of the Flame (*6pts)
* Judicator (18pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
* Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer (2pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal Mechanik (1pts)
Vassal Mechanik (1pts)

I'm thinking of switching out to this.

Feora, Protector of the Flame (*6pts)
* Repenter (4pts)
* Fire of Salvation (9pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
* Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer (2pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Initiate Tristan Durant (3pts)
* Hand of Judgement (10pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal Mechanik (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

I'm just not sure if I should drop Feora and start over with a new caster and build an entirely new list.
>>
>>46256764
Hand of Judgement is a character jack. I didn't think Journeymen/jack marshals could control those.
>>
>>46257080
I'm pretty sure that only applies to jack marshals. You can't Marshal a character jack but a journeyman caster doesn't marshal them. The war room app let me pair them up if that counts for much.
>>
>>46257080
Journeymen can take character jacks just fine. You just can't marshal them.
>>
>>46257161
>>46257304
I see it now. I guess I just assumed Character Jacks were Caster only. I knew Colossals weren't.

May have to think about giving a few of my Ret lists a tweak. Elara could probably make Moros useful with counter-charge.
>>
File: 1391965518774.png (2 MB, 1290x854) Image search: [Google]
1391965518774.png
2 MB, 1290x854
>>46256677

The Erratta cycle is going to get around to that one day, wait and fear. Then it'll be this all the time.

>besides, Immortals are awesome now
>it turns out it REALLY WAS a case of "skorne just needs UAs get your heads out of your asses PP we actually DO know this game (well, faction) better than you do by now"
>go figure
>>
>>46257304
>>46257161
Nothing prevents a marshal from controlling a character jack either, far as I can tell.
>>
>>46258247
http://battlecollege.org/Jack+Marshal

Rules Clarifications
Jack Marshal
'Jack Marshals cannot control character warjacks or colossals.

i think its on page like 82-83 of the main rule book? but I can't find mine this moment.
>>
>>46258703
Oh, it's under the character rules, instead of the marshal rules.
>>
>>46258094

Been saying it for maybe a year now. The thing keeping Skorne back is the lack of UAs.

Skorne not having any real "control" hurts them but what hurts most is that their infantry is just "not good enough" to do what we need them for. Skorne surprisingly has problems with infantry removal, even with all the good stuff we have.

We just can't efficiently take care of swarm lists. Typically armies that have a hard time mass removing infantry have control feats or abilities to help them hold the enemy back (hence why the Haley1 and 2, Harby, Grim1 and even Old Witch are considered good Cryx drops). Skorne just can't and it hurts them a lot. It's what forces stuff like Drake Spam lists and the requirement of always taking Nihilators.

This is harder when most of Skornes power is concentrated into their beasts who are easy for cryx to kill. If our infantry was all around slightly better with more utility (harder to remove, had some sort of inbuilt control elements or simply removed infantry more efficiently) Skorne could make a better case for sacrificing beasts for more infantry and shit like Mordikaar or Zaal2 (out of tier) would be way more appealing against Cryx.
>>
>>46258094
Man I love that artwork.

Is there official fluff for when the Legion has fought Skorne somewhere snowy?
>>
>>46259638
I thought the Abby vs Naaresh duel was in the mountains.
>>
>>46256764
I would swap the Hand of Judgment to Feora and put any of the others on Tristan. Hand of Judgment's Affinity doesn't work unless it's being controlled by Feora
>>
>>46258094
>>46259638
It looks fucking great desu.
>>
>>46260886
>Hand of Judgment
Yeah? It doesn't specify in her battlegroup just says it needs to be within her control area for the effect to kick in. Okay though switching things up isn't too bad, I just figured it would be the best setup for focus efficiency and spreading around fire.
>>
>>46261363
Affinities require the model to be directly controlled by the named model to take effect.

Otherwise, you get shit like
>Ruin on junior with pButcher
>>
>>46261403
Ooh okay that's a very fair point. This is the first time I've ever included a model with an affinity. Okay I can switch this around a bit Fire of salvation makes the most sense to pair with Durant because of the armor buff and I don't think that Vanquisher has much use for three focus + fortify although I didn't want to have to keep Durant so far up so Vanquisher might still be the best choice. It might take some fiddling to find a proper balance but this helps thanks.
>>
My troll town pair of scaverous/venethrax has seen retarded silly results, tho both victories
>>
Anyone have any thoughts on a blight Bringer with elilith? I feel like withering ash would synergize really well with the low rat on most legion beasts
>>
>>46261991
You do know that's why Pin Cushion exists right?

Also rat 5 that's boostable and eyeless sighted is not low rat.

twin ravagores have more output. Blight Bringer wants to be played infantry heavy and E Lylyth doesn't support that game. Shadowpack also not working on it is balls.
>>
>>46261671
I was always interested in Scaverous.
Share experiences!
>>
>>46261991
>playing 3 boltthrowers down
>playing 18 striders down
what are you doing????
>>
>>46258094
I recently discovered what kind of pain an Extoller Advocate with 5 souls can do to a Warlock under Last Stand and Zaal1 Feat.
>>
>>46258898
>Nihilator UA with a mini feat that says your opponent can't affect the unit with any spells, abilities, or feats for one round
>Incendiarii UA that lets them change their ammo into corrosion by spending a round standing still to change it

BAM, Skorne fixed. The Ara-ara-ara~~dus sentinel helped a shit ton with swarm lists though. Bumping it up to 14" shots with a raider then spamming blobs of acid through ancillery attacks clears out infantry like nobody's business.
>>
>>46263506
To be fair. Just about anything would do well under Last Stand and a juicy feat.
Zaal is turd polisher, destroyer of unfortunately placed models.
>>
>>46264710
>Just about anything would do well under Last Stand
Anything that can deliver a high amount of attacks to a specific point. SPD6 models with reach on a small base that can buy attacks are prefect for that.
>>
>>46262160
All was lost versus vlad 2. Croes could not rally for like 3 turns, and it was 3-0 on scenario. Then 2 biles killed 2 spray ponies, a bokor and the wsc killed a juggernaut created a harrower and all hell broke loose and I won on scenario 7-5
>>
>>46265609
>won on scenario 7-5
Holy shit. How?
>>
>>46265700
He couldn't clear the other zone.

The harrower killed eyris, A+H with one thresher, Vlad left in the zone with my stuff. Other zone banes kill the rest if the abomb guys and don't die 3-1,

Bokor slams harrower into Orin, harrower kills orin wsc run to the other zone. 3-3
He puts nothing in my zone, Vlad dominates other zone 5-5, tie
Bokor runs to his zone its 5-7 I win
>>
Can a fell caller make calls while affected by a Banshee's wailing?

Can a unit be targeted by fell calls while affected by wailing?
>>
>>46266742
A banshee prevents the casting of spells within 5". Neither of those count as the casting of a spell.
>>
Can I run vengers without any sort of defense buff?
I'm thinking about using them with pReznik
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.