[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting conquered during Great Crusade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Big E.jpg (454 KB, 625x980) Image search: [Google]
Big E.jpg
454 KB, 625x980
The idea is you are but a citizen on a non-imperial planet during Great Crusade.Your planetary government decided to not join Imperium so you are going to get invaded.
Your planet is human enough to not be considered xenos, but after millennia of disconnection from Terra left your population slightly changed.
Depending on which legion invades you (just one legion) how fucked are you.

I know that Leman and his wolves left just smoking craters, Mortarion left even less that that, Lorgar would purge everything he did not like and getting killed was preferable to ending on planet under Night Lords.

On the other hand Ultramarines, Salamanders and Thousand Sons were bros that would rather uplift the conquered so your life might actually improve.

what about others (of even those if someone disagrees)?
>>
Lead a pro-Imperial coup.
>>
>>46179170
Logar also attempted to rebuild what was broken.

That was the Emperor's main problem with him, It's only cool when Guilliman does it.
>>
>>46179324
huehue well the idea is to analyse the state of planets after imperial conquest depending on the legion that did invading

>>46179359
I think the problem was not that he rebuild what he broke, but into what he rebuild it.
>>
>>46179386
>but into what he rebuild it.
Functioning societies that provided regiments of soldiers ready to die in the Emperor's name and the dream of a galactic Imperium.

Whereas the Iron Hands, Space Wolves, Death Guard, World Eaters and White Scars just left rubble and corpses that the Imperium had to invest in rebuilding. But that was all right and dandy until the Night Lords did it.
>>
>>46179446
>willfully ignoring the fact that Lorgar was instilling the Imperial Cult into the populations of the worlds he conquered expressly against the Emperor's wishes and getting so bogged down in it, he lagged far behind in number of worlds brought to compliance.

The Ultras rebuilt entire sectors in half the time it took Lorgar to finish rebuilding one damn world. And they did it without going behind the Emperor's back and doing shit they were told not to.
>>
>>46179446
Kurze was doing fine until he took a swing at Dorn. Primarchs like Vulkan might have balked at his tendency to skin/torture/eviscerate the populace of a world, but Emps and the more senior Primarchs put up with it because it occasionally worked.
>>
>>46179594
>doing fine

Well considering that my idea to look at the subject from the point of a new imperial citizen, your standard of living would rather take a sudden nose dive under Kurze.

With Lorgar at least, as long as you said, acted and thought, what they told you to, you would be kinda fine
>>
>>46179700
Oh yeah, It'd suck all of the testicles to live on a planet that refused the Night Haunter. He dealt in absolutes. Absolute obedience or absolute destruction.

However his tactics were based around the (relatively sound) strategy of discouraging resistance tomorrow by crushing it today.
As for which Legion it would be best to be conquered by, I would think the Salamanders would be your best bet. They would go through great lengths to avoid civilian casualties.

Honestly, any of them that were willing to use diplomacy in the first place would be alright in the short term. You would want the more organised legions for rebuilding afterwards though.
>>
>>46179519
Still brought more worlds into compliance than the World Eaters. Corpses can't vote.

And to say that Logar was wrong to instill his religious beliefs is a bit of a double standard when the Emperor was doing the exact same thing on a much grander scale but with equal fanaticism.

Also why were the People of Fenris, a primarch's homeworld, allowed to keep their beliefs?

In fact why the fuck did the Emperor hand the Space Pope a Legion and then demand no religion? It's the Space Pope. Religion is his job. A 12 year old could tell this was a dumb idea.
>>
What about other Legions?
Dark Angels?
Emperor's Children?
Iron Warriors?
White Scars?
Imperial Fists?
Blood Angels?
Iron Hands?
Luna Wolves?
Raven Guard?
Alpha Legion?
>>
>>46180369
>Luna Wolves?
The planet's leaders have all been chainaxe'd as well as a a fair amount of the planet's military, but the civilians should be fine.

>Iron Warriors?
I hope you enjoy getting conscripted and waiting inside a half-destroyed fortress for several months as it gets bombarded and shot at by Astartes.

>Alpha Legion?
You more than likely get tricked into rebelling against the planetary leaders yourself after a 5-year campaign of sowing dissent through the masses by the Alpha Legion. Or the governor just gets sniped. Depends on how they're feeling that day.

>Imperial Fists?
See Iron Warriors, but less brutally efficient.

>Blood Angels?
See Luna Wolves.

>Dark Angels?
They just take over the old fashioned way, as far as I know.
>>
>>46180369
The Dark Angels wouldn't go out of their way to cause extra damage and would probably do the minimum required of them before fucking off to crush another world. Not necessarily bad for the average citizen but the DA don't really do anything other than knight around.

Emperors Children are another group that probably wouldn't help with the rebuilding effort beyond a few aesthetically pleasing buildings and maybe a statue to commemorate the fallen. If they've built anything, its to make themselves look valorous . Still, at least they haven't executed all of you for the shits and giggles.

The Iron Warriors could, in theory, be great for a world. Perturabo had thousands of designs for perfect cities and infrastructure but he was too busy hating everybody to enact any of them. Your world probably has some very impressive fortifications and utilitarian transport options. The actual attack was no doubt devastating.

The White Scars were all about constantly staying in a state of danger. by their own beliefs, a man who thinks he has conquered all of his foes is only fooling himself. Most likely they won't stick around long enough to help out.

If the Imperial Fists come to your world you can expect much the same as if the Iron Warriors came, but with more forts and less humour.

After they finish killing their own men that are trying to eat you, I imagine the Blood Angels would leave a world in a pretty good state.

The Iron Hands would attack in an predictably brutal, all out assault. After the fact, they wouldn't give a single flying fuck about rebuilding.

The Luna Wolves were middle of the road. Your cities have probably survived okay, as the spaertip tactics of Horus Lupercal don't require significant collateral damage. They would also stick around for a couple of weeks to get the ball rolling and start reconstruction/integration. Not the worst, by far.
>>
>>46180369
>>46180762
The Raven Guard attack would be a total surprise so collateral damage would be minimal. they would stick around for a few days, like most legions, before continuing on.

Well there's actually a fair amount of evidence to show that a world taken over by the Alpha Legion probably actually never engaged with or saw the Alpha Legion. Expect a lot of suspicion and stasi-esque surveillance with the government they set up.
>>
>>46180762
>Emperors Children are another group that probably wouldn't help with the rebuilding effort beyond a few aesthetically pleasing buildings and maybe a statue to commemorate the fallen. If they've built anything, its to make themselves look valorous . Still, at least they haven't executed all of you for the shits and giggles.

not that bad, I would expect a genocide of all "ugly" people

>After they finish killing their own men that are trying to eat you, I imagine the Blood Angels would leave a world in a pretty good state.

kek, I though Sanguinius had the rage somewhat under control and it became a real problem only after his death

>Well there's actually a fair amount of evidence to show that a world taken over by the Alpha Legion probably actually never engaged with or saw the Alpha Legion. Expect a lot of suspicion and stasi-esque surveillance with the government they set up.

This is preatty neat, enacting two proxy planetary empires always in state of paranoia about the other. A mix of Orwells 1984 and the cold war, all controlled by the alphas of course
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.