[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My party pissed off a witch a few sessions ago. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: evilwitch.jpg (45 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
evilwitch.jpg
45 KB, 736x460
My party pissed off a witch a few sessions ago. I don't want to bring her back for a few sessions, but I'm looking for ideas on how she can mess with the party from afar. Any takers?

They are currently stuck in the Underdark trying to escape. She is no where near them.
>>
anything that's an annoyance rather than a problem in itself would brobably work
>>
My favorite trick is logs made of ice. No really, it's like a block of ice magically enchanted to look and feel like a log.

Once the party gets some in their campfire supplies, which makes sense they'd have some in the underdark, they have to throw out all their logs because they couldn't tell them apart. Ice logs if course put out fires they are put in, even though they appear to burn.

Other ideas include minor curses, making them more visible to enemies, summoned minions, etc.
>>
>>46173605
Turns out that a quest/loot reward that the party receives belongs to the witch
Snake Pit
She teleports behind the party and does a thing
She summoned a pack of hellhounds/other minion creatures, who have journeyed from her lair to the party's location where they are a surprise encounter.
She poisoned the party's potions the last time they met
I don't know what capabilities this witch is supposed to have
>>
>>46173605
let them get out of the underdark, let them forget about the witch. when they get out have them emerge in a forest just before nightfall, have heavy fog roll in and make it impossible for them to continue travelling, when they set up camp have them start hearing noises in the forest, then they see a dark silhouette advancing in the distance, have the witch emerge from the fog with a ridiculous amount of werewolves, give them an opportunity to run away and then have them caught in a chase scene, whether they get away that night or fight is up to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_K5b-JNc7E
>>
>>46173605
Let them escape. A few days later, they encounter a noblewoman-or-whatever's party being attacked by some serious evil bad guys. They rescue her, do some quests for her, build a good relationship. She tricks them into assassinating someone important/removing a seal on something bad/killing innocents. Big reveal and fight.
>>
>>46173969
This, let them forget the witch ever existed.

If you must bring up the witch, unleash a swarm of toads. No combat or anything just hundreds and thousands of toads following the party, keeping them up all night with their croaking, giving them warts if they touch them bare handed, attracting all sorts of predators and making it impossible to ambush anything.
>Party wakes up, boom toads have climbed into their mouths and bags during the night.
>trying to fight monsters, tripping over toads
>toads interrupting the wizard and cleric while they prepare spell
>toads distracting the rogue while she picks locks or detects traps
>party trys to eat toads, they get the mud shits
>>
>>46173783
this and things like this>>46173712
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.