[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So whatever happened to Dust Warfare? I remember it changing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: dust.png (366 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
dust.png
366 KB, 600x356
So whatever happened to Dust Warfare?

I remember it changing publishers or something, but I haven't heard anything since.
>>
File: Dust Warfare.jpg (95 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
Dust Warfare.jpg
95 KB, 600x340
>>
>>46172844
The dude that created it was a greedy asshole, and fucked himself. And his game.
>>
>>46172927
Really? That sucks. I really like the Allies models.

Any idea what's going to happen to it now?
>>
File: 1338405666248.jpg (19 KB, 481x391) Image search: [Google]
1338405666248.jpg
19 KB, 481x391
>>46174188
Pretty sure it's kill
>>
>>46174188
You can pick up tons of cheap models on Miniature Market and places like that where there are firesales.
>>
>>46174188
>Any idea what's going to happen to it now?
its gotten moved over to a new company, ninja something or other i think
>>
They literally just announced the game is back with a new branding, and will be producing new shit this year.
>>
>>46174366
Case anyone wants to see.
http://www.dustgame.com/news_d.php?id=282
>>
>>46174366
>>46174486
Too late, I'd say. After two years of total silence people have just stopped giving a shit. The last time I've seen anyone have a game was late '14. I really doubt the game pick up once again after disappointing so many people.
It doesn't really help that Paolo is apparently fucking impossible to work with and will probably fuck up with the new publisher as well.
All of which is a shame because Dust Tactics is a great game, quick to play and easy to get into.
>>
>>46172927

I don't think it's greed as much as it is being super possessive of what he clearly see's as his baby.

Regardless Dust has gone through 3 maybe 4 companies at this point and everything imploded every time and the common factor is always Paolo Parente.
>>
What actually happened

>Paolo Parente is a ginormous manchild
>He's an ass to work with
>Warfare gets more popular than Tactics
>Paolo gets assmad over that and tries to kill Warfare off
>FFG cuts ties with Dust Studios, Dust changes over to Battlefront
>FFG completely tanks the market by clearencing their remaining stock
>Nobody buys Dust from Battlefront
>Battlefront and Dust make a Kickstarter for a new expansion
>Dust leaves the handling of the KS to Battlefront
>Battlefront uses the KS money to pay off their own debt and demands that Dust Studios develops and delivers the product without payment
>Kickstarter Backers don't get their shit
>Dust goes public over this, both companies act retarded and shit blows up in both of their faces
>Paolo is still a dick
>Somehow Dust Studios manages to deliver Kickstarter Backers their stuff
>Dust and Battlefront cut ties
>Dust is now damaged goods and Paolo is even more hated in the industry

Crying shame, I fucking loved Tactics.
>>
>>46174486
>PAOLO PARENTE'S
>Dust

This is the sign of a retard with an overblown ego and not a shred of business sense. Your name isn't advertisement, it's deterrent. People either don't know you, or hate your guts. For fuck's sake Paolo, piss off and leave the game alone.
>>
I saw a demo game at a wargame show I went to recently. Don't know much about the game itself but the models look very pretty in real life
>>
>>46176751
>Paolo Parente.
I liked his art in Cyberpunk 2020.

/feelsoldman
>>
The quality for the infantry models were shit, cast in the softest, bendiest plastic you can imagine, and then slathered in a thick layer of paint that obscured the details and made it hard to do a real paintjob. It was the worst of both worlds.
>>
Was Paulo autistic?
>>
>>46177973
Nigga u wot
The miniatures are only basecoated, you can even apply another basecoat over that no problem
>>
>>46172844
Do these make good guardsmen?
>>
>>46178040
The miniatures are basecoated, but the layer is too thick, the mold lines are enormous, all logos and symbols are applied directly to the basecoat, and arms are already glued on, making it really hard to reach the torso and the inside of the arms and guns.
Also have fun painting skin colours over green.
>>
>>46178099
No, they're too big and don't have the "heroic" proportions.
>>
Didn't they make premium versions of all the miniatures that were produced for painting purposes?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.