[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fight with your Toys!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Hey /tg/,

Howcome there's no good 'fight with your toys' RPGs? Something like Medabots or Zatch Bell, where the combat is done via people yelling at other characters to do attacks?

Hell I'd even settle for a Beyblade RPG if there was one. (edit: no I won't.)

And I'm not talking about Pokemon where you're yelling at a non-character. I want some goddamn sass from my Net-Navigator when I try to get him to run face-first into a missile attack from the enemy's Helicopter themed viruses!
>>
>>46166900
Dude, beyblade was the shit, don't even.
>launch super heavy defense centric dracile
>Newby friend launches
>bounce once, second time top explodes, chunks pelt his face.

Any kiddy game you play were you run the risk of scars and shrapnel is badass.
>>
There's Electric Katana, except
1) it's one of those micro-RPGs
2) it's like someone specifically tried to capture Nuzlocke in tabletop form.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 294x171
>>46167158
>it's like someone specifically tried to capture Nuzlocke in tabletop form.

In a bad way? Or in a good way?
>>
File: beyblade.jpg (125 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
beyblade.jpg
125 KB, 500x375
>>46167027

Great, now I have to acknowledge that beyblade is a feasible type of these games. Thanks Anon, ya bastard.
>>
>>46167229
In a good way, if you want the bittersweet feeling of putting an automaton that loves you unconditionally in harm's way, both for the good of the nation and for your personal honor.
>>
>>46167296

Sounds awesome!

I will check it out, if anything it's better than nothing.
>>
>>46167413
Like I said, it's a micro-RPG. The entire rulebook is two pages.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
>>46167447

Just finished it, and I like it! It's not the best thing, but it's a good micro-RPG, perfect for a one-shot.

If anything it's got a good spring to jump off of to make something more detailed.
>>
>>46167273

The thought occurs to me that with 3d printing becoming a thing, you have the potential to make some ridiculous beyblades and minmax the shit out of them.
>>
>>46167640
You probably won't have to answer the question "Who/What is the Emperor of Lightning," but you might want to have an answer ready just in case a player decides to go poking.
>>
>>46167893

Obviously he's a rogue Kashira gone crazy. Duh
>>
>>46168206
But is the Emperor of Lightning merely mad, or is he mad with grief over losing his tayu?
>>
>>46166900
Gunpla Battle?
>>
>>46168741

Something like that, yeah!

Except with less incest bait! or more if that's your thing
>>
>>46166900
Holy shit, your post reminded me I used to have the Metabots AX game for GBA. Thanks, used to play it a ton.
>>
>>46166900

I started working on a hack for Fate Accelerated to do Beyblade's Metal Saga, but never finished it considering it didn't seem the kind of thing to garner much interest and I had nobody willing to playtest.
>>
>>46169321

Yeah finding a group is always the hardest. Post it anyways!
>>
Actually, I found that the printed RPG "Monsters and Other Childish Things" is almost tailor-made for this kinda thing.

It lets one create a literal 'monster' gribbly, and fight other kids' monsters from beyond time and space.

I've come up with some crude bits and bobs to 'chop it down' to fit emulating the Medabots setting...
>>
>>46171730

Make it happen, man!

MaOCT is kinda open enough that it's easy to fulfill, surprised that OP doesn't know about it to begin with.
>>
>>46173077
It's actually, fairly simple - DON'T allow 'full free builds'.

Instead require a head, R/L Arms, and R/L Legs as Hit Locations, which, according to the MaOCT game, means 5D of powers per hit location.

Higher-D powers simply mean that the 'part' in question is from a more-recent generation version of that Medabot Model.
>>
>>46173330

I like it! It's very open to creation and such, though I'm sure the hardcore Medabot fanboys would hate the fact that there's not set stats for each model piece.
>>
>>46168741
Dude, if someone painstakingly drafted up a comprehensive list of stats and abilities for gunpla (movement speed, weapon range, trans am, army point size, init values, whatever the fuck else) I'd pick that shit up on a heartbeat. It'd be like 40k but less grimdark and more affordable.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.