[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nerv Bridge Simulator - Briefing and Planning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 20
File: NBS_BP.jpg (288 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
NBS_BP.jpg
288 KB, 700x1000
Previously, on Nerv Bridge Simulator : http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Nerv%20Bridge%20Simulator
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cegremo_hq

Montréal-3 is currently under Angel Attack. Preparations are underway for the Greenland expedition.
>>
File: VCo_01.jpg (117 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
VCo_01.jpg
117 KB, 600x1000
Alright Major, we know how you work.

Everything you need is on your desk. I'll let you debate with... yourself, like you usually do.

[He then exits your office, leaving you with your paperwork.]

[spoilers]This is a thread to debate strategy, funding allocation and ideas relating to NBS.[/spoilers]
>>
File: ASS_REPORT_UNITS.jpg (468 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
ASS_REPORT_UNITS.jpg
468 KB, 600x1000
[Unit Status Report]
>>
File: ASS_REPORT_DISTRICTS.jpg (513 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
ASS_REPORT_DISTRICTS.jpg
513 KB, 600x1000
[District Status Report]
>>
>>46164364
Lets start off with a non-negotiable repair of Residential 2 for (3) points and Industrial 3 for (4) points.

Additionally, complete repair of Unit 3 for (3) points.

Totaling 10 points. I think everyone can agree on this.
>>
>>46164232
are we picking up where we left off with last thread? what with ... crawling around in the Magi Depths? Or will we be stepping forward into danger right off the bat?
>>
>>46164550
>Nerv Bridge Simulator - Briefing and Planning
Did you miss the post on twitter? This is a threat where we plan. It's a step outside the timeline sort. Crawling will probably continue next thread.
>>
File: UPGRADES_v03.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
UPGRADES_v03.pdf
1 B, 486x500
[Upgrade Documentation]

>>46164550
>The continuation will be for tomorrow's thread. This one is to do all the debating concerning the funding allocation, battle strategy, etc.
>>
File: 1458161870679.png (208 KB, 399x377) Image search: [Google]
1458161870679.png
208 KB, 399x377
>>46164306
>I'll let you debate with... yourself, like you usually do.
They know.
>>
>>46164639
no shit
probably they made us to channel other universes tactical minds to lead this effort

obiously they fucked up and got us
>>
>>46164639
It'd be hard not to

Also, how much Funding Units are we looking at again?
>>
File: Contrary_Rogal.jpg (56 KB, 474x389) Image search: [Google]
Contrary_Rogal.jpg
56 KB, 474x389
>>46164469
I disagree.

We should repair the geofront and invest in more static defences.
>>
File: MONTREAL-3.jpg (2 MB, 3817x1104) Image search: [Google]
MONTREAL-3.jpg
2 MB, 3817x1104
[Montréal-3 Map with Districts and Upgrades]

>>46164672
64, since last time you used the Static Weapon System a fair bit.

Also, if you have questions, suggestions or complains I'd be glad to hear them!
>>
File: In_a_Quest_Thread.jpg (61 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
In_a_Quest_Thread.jpg
61 KB, 600x372
>>46164639
The real question is - does Major know?
>>
File: 1457467710758.jpg (2 MB, 3817x1104) Image search: [Google]
1457467710758.jpg
2 MB, 3817x1104
If you look at the HQ District, there are no necessities other than HQ itself. The research labs and air-field are in other sections.

If we assume there is going to be another bombardment, then any repairs we make are just going to be blown up anyway. Though it might seem like a strange move to others, we should consider repairing the Armored layers and only repair the surface if resources allow. It's pointless if it just get blown-up again.
>>
>>46164730
>I disagree
Even if we do all you recommend we still have a lot of points leftover. If your only argument against it is that you want something else, we can do both you know.

>and invest in more static defences.
There is no point in static defenses in our next engagement. We are going to be fighting on Greenland where an angel has entrenched and is bombing up from range.

Besides, they cost a lot.
>>
>>46164831
The question is, does the Angel know that we know what's up?
>>
File: p01.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
p01.pdf
1 B, 486x500
This is where I left it last time.

Repairing Unit +3
Ace, King, Queen +3
Sword Cup Coin +3
Hermit +2
Rural 06 +3
+1 on each damaged district (RES02, IND03, RUR07) +3
2 armored plating I
TOT : 21

Maybe a vibro-glaive for unit 03.

Battlegroup principle :

UNIT 02 - This battlegroup could be send really fast after reparation as a scouting party in Greenland.
Assault group :
KING : (already equiped AT FLARES)
SWORD : (nothing)
Support group :
CLUB : (already equiped MLRS)
QUEEN : (already equiped : smoke shells)

UNIT 03 - This one would be our spearhead with all the upgrade.
Assault group:
ACE :
AT Flares +5 /
F200-PW-830 (speed+ in rachel memory) + 3 /
Armored chassis (HP+) + 4
COIN :
Royal Ordnance L65[damage+++] +9
Advanced armor plating[HP+++] +8
Support group :
CUP : MLRS +7
JACK : Smoke shells +3

TOT : 39

Elite army principle :

Would look like the fire power doctrine. I prefer to talk a bit with BattlegroupFag about this one since it's his idea.

If you have any remark or idea about the battlegroup principle though.
>>
File: SNOW MAP.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SNOW MAP.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>This is the 6th Angel's Snow Storm Map with the general locations form which it fired from when he shot down Nerv Surveillance Satellites.
>>
>>46165002
Some remarks :

Unit 03 battlegroup (still no name) would be the standard for a battlegroup.

Unit 03 have a powerfull AT-Field and seem more suitable for close combat.

Unit 02 would be equiped with long range weapon (Positron rifle for next battle).

Keep in mind the 6th angel might have a long range weapon (5/6 observation satellite already destroyed). Maybe some kind of laser.

It would be interesting to try to deploy smoke screens when it's about to fire. It could reduce his destructive power if it's a laser.

Rebuilding the city is not a priority until the sixth angel is dead.

>>46164744
Can you remind us how many time we need to spend to repair/upgrade/etc. so we can plan our greenland deployment?

Also, I was wondering about long range EVA deployment. Each Eva have a limited supply of power. How do we deal with that? Do we have facility in the area or do we must rely on EVA unit cradle and plan everything so the battle don't take more than 5 minutes (and cross fingers).
>>
>>46165241
In the middle of a storm, huh? This looks like we are going to be in for a tough one.

What is the plan for deployment, again? I heard that the UN was going to be shipping us over there?
>>
>>46165308
>>46165311

One week for full repairs, 5 more if you want to outfit upgrades to you units. The U.N. Second Atlantic Fleet will take you to Greenland's cost in two days, bu they cannot bring every troop you have. Only 4 units and 2 Evas.

You will be able to set up a temporary base of operations where all of your units will be stationed.

>Each Eva have a limited supply of power. How do we deal with that?

You have access to 4 Mobile Eva Power Supplies. They're big, fragile and difficult to move around but they can power an Eva Unit through an Umbilical Cord for 35 minutes. The Eva Unit Cradle blitzkrieg plan is also a possibility.
>>
>>46164921
The real concern is - this Angel is a sharpshooter, but that doesn't mean it could not also be capable combatant at close range.

>>46165551
Any estimate what negative effect will storm have on EVAs? I mean, I would imagine they're tough enough to shrug it off for the most part, but fierce enough storm can topple buildings and shit, so better safe than sorry.

Also since Unit 1 is toast, is making another EVA a possibility? Can we try some... unorthodox patterns?
>>
>>46165645
if we are making a new unit it wouldnt be a bad idea to make it a close/melee focused one
a damn bear of a unit so to say
>>
>>46165705
>EVA with massive combat arms
>two-pilot plug
>each pilot controls one arm
>no sync problems because Eileens
>>
>>46165645
Hypothetical question: What would happen if the Angel's energy blast and a shot from the SOLOMON Cannon were to come into close proximity with each other? Could the two possibly affect each other in any way?
>>
>>46165758
>our daugterus ride together in a skyscraper sized, bear shaped, biorobot
they grow so fast
>>
File: Nihei EVA.jpg (835 KB, 1280x1827) Image search: [Google]
Nihei EVA.jpg
835 KB, 1280x1827
>>46165846
If we can't have our daughterus grow up peacefully because circumstances, we will instead have our daughterus grow up to punch the circumstances in face.
>>
>>46165792
It's a good question, and it would be a lovely experiment to make in a controlled environment.
Open, potentially stupid question: How fast can we repair the damage to the fifty layers? Can we do it before the Angel is ready to attack again?
>>
File: p02.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
p02.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46165002
Second page
>>
File: POSITRON.jpg (309 KB, 1248x702) Image search: [Google]
POSITRON.jpg
309 KB, 1248x702
>>46165792
>>46166149

The new Head of R&D came to the conclusion that you could intercept the Angel's blasts with a shot from the positron canon. Close proximity would probably make the blasts deviate from their course.

>>46165645
>>46165705
Right the now priority is to repair and prepare the expedition. Once (if) you beat the 6th Angel I'll make a document to design a new Eva.

>>46166149
5 layers per week? Does that sound reasonable?
>>
>>46166433
Wait a fucking second, the Core is literally build into the rifle? I mean, on one hand, it gives the Unit using it decent mobility, sure.
On the other hand - if EVA goes berserk it kind of might... snack on the rifle, right?
>>
>>46166487
self-destruct charges on the rifle itself to prevent that maybe? But it's Anna using so i don't believe that berserking is going to be a problem.
>>
>>46166433
>core in the gun
note to all forces, must retieve keep the gun as far as possible fome the enemy
>>46166536
>self destruct working on angel related crap
nah, the core wont get a scratch

the posibility of the core being absoreb and powering up the current angel is pretty terrifing
>>
>>46166596
>the posibility of the core being absoreb and powering up the current angel is pretty terrifing

You know, this is something actually want to bring up.

In the show, positron energy was converted from all of the Tokyo-3 power grid and it was able to destroy Samshiel.

If this thing is being powered by an angel core, what kind of energy is it going to be converting that power into?

The possibility of us, getting to the angel with its AT field down, firing and hitting it, and it regaining all of its AT Field back from the energy fired is beginning to terrify me.
>>
>>46166827
this i why IF we survive we gottta research angeltech

also if these angel wor like the ones frome the series i think it taps into some weird ass pocket dimension of energy
>>
>>46166888
Speaking of which, Anna and Florence both have the environmental training set up right?

If they're going into a snowstorm we need them ready for some of that mild, and clear Greenland weather.
>>
>>46166888
Wanna go crazy about Angel tech?
Imagine Plug made into boarding torpedo. you can lodge it into the Angel (after its AT field is down) and temporarily override control of its body. Or at least hinder it by struggling for control.
The tricky part will be getting the pilot back alive.
>>
>>46166433
It sounds workable. Still, our worst-case scenario should cover more than the ability that the Angel has shown against us here. Do the EVAs have the ability to contact the conventional forces and coordinate a battleplan, if Montreal-3 is lost? If so, then operational command should probably pass down to a conventional unit (my choice would be the tanks). If not, we should set contingency orders for all units to regroup at the next nearest NERV center, and not report to any other entities other than NERV.
>>
Here we go, this is what I was able to put together.

I've done what I could for the Elite Army Principle.

I'm looking for some opinion about it.
>>
>>46166827
No, Shamshel was stabbed in the chest.
RAMIEL was the one that got sniped.
And on that note: has it ever been confirmed whether or not an S2 Engine and Ramiel's Torus reactor are one and the same?
>>
>>46167315
did we ever find a way to counteract the comm destruction or put up a secondary one?
>>
>>46167315
You referred to the new posi-rifle both as the Positron Rifle (old pre-modification name) and the Solomon Cannon (agreed on new name) in the same context
>>
>>46167315
Really like the Battlegroup Principle. But I'm the QM so I probably shouldn't say it.
>>
File: signal_lamp.jpg (10 KB, 165x225) Image search: [Google]
signal_lamp.jpg
10 KB, 165x225
>>46167381
I'm not sure but maybe the "supply lines" upgrade comprehend land line of communication that could act as relay with ground forces?

Anyway, N2 blast, attack on MAGI, it's true we have a lot of trouble with those damn coms and we should definitely find a way to not go blind again in the middle of a battle.

>>46167414
Welp, I'll change that in the next version
>>
File: OOB.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
OOB.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46167566
I was working on file related, I have a hard time to make something concise and precise at the same time.
>>
>>46167315
Elite Army Principle could work, but I can't shake the feeling that evas will always be more powerful late game, especially if we have angels firing from space. Therefore support will be viable.

But for support to work the evas really need to step up the game. SO more training is needed. Which will waste more research points which could be used elsewhere.

So the question is if the unmanned nuclear unit will get the bonus from eva pilot training programs? And how well does the unmanned nuclear units perform without any training.

I really think we should try and reverse engineer the angel tech, we could use the angel's weapons against them. If we can give say angel 6's ability to fire from long range to our tanks or evas we could shoot at an angel that is firing from outer space.
>>
>>46168096
I half agree with this.

EVAs do have the potential for becoming broken near end game if the anime is to be taken into effect. We're talking about mechs that were able to sync their AT fields to literally implode an eye,meteor angel with a massive AT Field difference. Though this is dependent if they survive.

Maybe we should begin investing into the Unmanned units. If anything just to keep anymore of the kids from dying on us.
>>
>>46166433
can unmanned units have at fields?
>>
>>46169659
I would doubt it, seeing as AT field are supposed to be a "biological" thing
In short:

AT Field
>Angels
>Evas
>Humans (and possibly every other living thing)

No AT Field
>Robots
>Nonliving things
>>
>>46169659
It's a techy placeholder for 'soul', so...
>>
>too late for commute
>too late for all the beer I'm consuming

Just Misato my shit up, senpais.
>>
>>46170326
Evas are neither robots nor nonliving things. I don't think it needs a pilot to have an AT field.
>>
>>46173402
No...EVAs are living. The whole point of the EVAs design doctrine was that they were created specifically from biological and mechanical material to disrupt an Angel's AT field with their pilot's as well as their own.

While the Mass Produced models do not have the AT element because they utilize type of weapondry designed to neutralize AT fields nearly instantly, the mass prdouced versiom of the Lance of Longinus.
>>
>>46175752
I've always wondered, when Asuka is fighting the MP Evas in EoE, the only one in any real danger of dying was the last one she tried to crush the core of, right? That's why they srsed up and started using their lances instead of double swords; they were pretty much just humouring her beforehand.
Would the ritual or whatever that was at the end that initiated instrumentality have worked had she managed to actually kill that one MP Eva?
>>
File: NGE why contain it.jpg (186 KB, 792x800) Image search: [Google]
NGE why contain it.jpg
186 KB, 792x800
>>46173402
>>46175752
I always imagined that the AT-fields are created by some sort of "soul" or lifeforce. Evas, however, are an artificial construct, and thus have no soul - they need the pilots for that.

On the other hand this idea has flaws too, because it seems to be implied that Shinji's mom's soul is stuck in the Eva, and Asuka's mother is dead too, so... I dunno. And what about Rei? Does she have a soul at all, and if there is one, how does it transfer between bodies, etc.
>>
>>46175752
It was hand-waved a couple of times in the series. Shamshel got knifed with no A.T. Field involved. Gaghel was stupidly fired upon by sinking underwater ships. Even Matarael only got like 5 shots of pallet rifle before exploding, no A.T. Field.

I feel like A.T. field was more of a mean for Angels to do cool shit and not having to animate 30+ Yagrs and tanks every episode. And well, it's a robot show, they should be in the spotlight.
>>
>>46167315

Errata :
Scenario A : Battlegroup principle : City : it's Ind03(1)
Scenario B : Elite Army Principle : Eva Units : Positron Rifle is the same as Solomon Canon

Research Suggestion :
Scenario A: Evangelion unit development, Positron Technology
Scenario B : Angel Tech Reverse-Engineering / Unmanned nuclear unit

Anna & Florence - Terrain Training
Eileens - Harmonics Training

Plan for scenario A:

First battlegroup (UNIT02) would be redeployed as soon as reparation are ended. The second U.N. Atlantic fleet will transport them. (1week and 2 days).

They will then set up the temporary base of operation and begin to act as a scouting party.

They will have 2 main objectives :

- Locate the sixth Angel (avoid combat at all cost)
- Evaluate the Angel's capability (Ask the second fleet to send some cruise missile to study how it react, deploy analysis probes, etc.)

In the mean time, the second Battlegroup (UNIT03) will undergo heavy upgrade and refit to prepare for the attack on the Angel.

It would take something like 5 weeks. We should be ready to deploy them before every unit is upgraded if the Angel is able to open fire too often.

1/2
>>
On the battle itself, we don't know enough for the moment but we must consider those things :

x We have 4 mobile EVA power dispenser, they are big and fragile and should be deployed before battle if we use them. They give us 35 minutes of autonomy and make us loose a lot of mobility.

x We have the EVA units cradle. It mean we can drop the EVA right on the Angel if we want to be really aggressive. We would have the usual 5 minutes of autonomy in this case. This option is not ideal but depending on how the Angel is working, it could change everything.

x We can combine EVA drop with EVA power dispenser.

x We have the Solomon Cannon. This says it all.

x We could use smoke screens to disrupt the Angel's laser (if it's a laser).

I don't know if I will have enough time for the Scenario B plans. I'm running my table top RPG tonight and I must do some preps. I will try to post the draft + a poll in the main thread but if I can't, feel free to do it.

2/2
>>
>>46177493
We should not be sending in the Eva's so far apart. Ideally, if the angle engages any of the Eva's the other should be ready to respond.

We should be using the Tank and Vtol units as mobile harassers, spread out and always moving to occupied the angles attention. One Eva then engages the angle to weaken it/ pin it in location. The other Eva then snipes from distance.
>>
>>46177342
There's kind of a reason to it, though. All three of those angels were doing 'new' things, and with the exception of Gaghel, had attacks that involved exuding some sort of substance from their bodies.

But cool shit and not animating redundant scenes of military hardware exploding also makes sense.

>>46177710
I'm hoping this artillery piece of an angel is weak to close range attacks and isn't that mobile. Press forward, using the first child as close range support and Anna as point blank fire support.
>>
>>46177815
I would make no such assumptions. All the angles that have done us damage have done it in melee. Regardless, the angle can only strike at one target at once, so our forces should spread out. Since we can measure the activity of the angle we should use that as our timing to fire. Anna stays in cover and undetected until the angle targets something. At that point the battle groups scatter and pop smoke, while Anna fires.
>>
>>46177909
Hence the hope.

I still think we should be aggressive-the last thing we need to happen is get all the way there to stall out on the attack and have the angel fire on, or god forbid, sprint to HQ itself.
>>
>>46176971
Yes actually. Rei is infused with the genetic material of Yui Ikari, which serves as an initial anchor to Unit01 when Shinji goes awol and she has to substitute for him.

On top of that, she also has Lilith's soul literally co-piloting her body alongside her own. This is why she's super aloof all the time in the original.
>>
>>46176971
EVAs do have souls, or at least fragments of them poor Asuka and Asuka's mom. Most of the mecha trappings are actually there to keep the EVAs from going full eldritch abomination all the time, and even the amazingly "I am so fucked up" policy of harvesting mother's souls to power them and have their children pilot is a control mechanism.
>>
>>46177342
It was explicitly stated that Shinji/Unit 01 successfully neutralized Shamshel's AT Field within seconds of deployment. The plan was to neutralize, then pump it full of lead. He ran out of ammo, so he pulled out the knife
>>
File: Sans titre-1.jpg (130 KB, 556x577) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-1.jpg
130 KB, 556x577
>>46178312
You're right, I just watched it.

This complicates things. Neutralizing an A.T. Field is something a pilot must concentrate on doing while fighting the Angel then? This would mean conventional troops can't do damage unless an Eva Unit is in the vicinity and actively neutralizing the field.

I guess this is something we need to solve before the next battle.
>>
>>46178619
On the other hand, humanity in the show has access to things like the lances, can manipulate angel genetic material, and seem to be capable of at least manipulating Kaworu under threat of death. You are probably right about conventional troops needing Evas to be effective, but it does seem like there are costly/eldritch/terrifying work arounds.
>>
>>46178619

Also, AT fields are not all powerful. A strong enough strike will pierce through it, like Ramiel showed quite clearly.

Against Gaghiel, a double point blank salvo of 2 BB's against its core was probably enough to do so.

Also EVA-02 was right in its mouth as well so it was probably doing some neuting of its AT Field.
>>
>>46178619

Its true that normal troops are not supposed to be able to hurt Angels without superscience weapons, such at the Eva. But enough firepower can overwhelm them, you just normally need an absurd amount of it.

So just say that mass fire by tanks can soften an AT Field, but they cannot fully break it. So there comes a point where all of the tanks and bombs are a wasted effort unless you have an Eva to make the final push.
>>
>>46180767
I swear there's an analogy to Napoleonic tactics in here somewhere
>>
>>46181530
>So just say that mass drinking via beers can soften an AT Field, but they cannot fully break it. So there comes a point where all of the light beers and craft brews are a wasted effort unless you have a LIQUOR to make the final push.

If you squint, there's analogies to a lot of things in there.
>>
About an hour until gametime. Can we wrap this up?
So, everything's planned out?
>>
>>46181574
>If you squint, there's analogies to a lot of things in there.

It's like 80% of the symbolism in EVA really.
>>
We have two threads and I can't delete this one.

Next time we'll do this several days before. Can we let this thread die?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.