[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that feel when you have an amazing dm that is great at world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: how_to_be_happy.jpg (46 KB, 570x427) Image search: [Google]
how_to_be_happy.jpg
46 KB, 570x427
>that feel when you have an amazing dm that is great at world building and story and characters and rules and has been dming for for the group for over a decade and doesn't mind dming

Is this what heaven is like?
>>
File: sad.jpg (19 KB, 480x347) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
19 KB, 480x347
>that feel when you have a HORRIBLE GM who insists on starting new games all the time but they are shitty, uninspired reskins of popular video games and likes to take things away he "thinks is over powered" like sneak attack damage
>Also a very close friend so you cant open up too hard when he says "So what do you think?!" with a smile

I dont know what heavens like, but you can ask me all about hell
>>
>>46156819
... why is he still your friend?
>>
>>46156819
I'm sorry buddy that sounds really rough. Having a good long term game is a lot of fun. I hope you find heaven some day.
>>
>>46156843
He dosnt know hes That GM and tries his best. My best friend outside of rpg's. Its just so sad watching him take all this time to set up sounds and tokens and shit and just have it still be a steaming pile. I wouldnt let him near my regular role playing groups.
>>
>>46156819
>a close friend so I can't be honest to him.

If you can't be honest then he's obviously not that close of a friend.
>>
>>46156879
Honesty would be "Man, your fucking shit at GM'ing".
What I usually do:
>Have you tried changing ___? I do that sometimes in my games ect.

You keep friends better with a little tact. So yea, guess honesty and no holds barred opinion arnt the same. Who knew?
>>
>>46156773
>Is this what heaven is like?

YOU FUCKING SHIT, I'LL KILL YA! I'LL MANGLE YA!
>>
>>46156773
>have this
>dm states he's taking an extended break and won't be DMing in the foreseeable future
>tell everyone I'll dm until he wants to do it again because I love this group and don't want it to fall apart
>I've never read a dm book and I constantly forget rules

I have two weeks to prepare and the usual dm said he'd help but I am incredibly nervous
>>
>>46157612
Never EVER be afraid to look it up. pfsrd and dndtools and whatever else. By looking it up, you will: Learn it, put down anyone trying to fuck with you, and never have to be nervous about what to fudge and what not to fudge.
>>
File: 1458370173279.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458370173279.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>46157612

Have the balls Anon! You can do it! I believe in you! This random neckbeard on the internet believes in you! It will be nerve-wracking! Just start simple! You can do it buddy! Have them invade an Evil Temple or some shit, can't go wrong! YOU CAN DO IT!
>>
>>46157674
this is true thanks man
>>46157692
to be honest that actually helped in a really weird way. i will definitely start simple.
>>
>>46157777
You'll get stuff wrong at some point, but don't worry about it during the game.

Instead, ask the fellows how was it after, what improvements could be done.

If necessary, point out that you aren't the same DM, some stuff is going to be different.

If it helps, I have a DM with 20 years experience that makes these post-session Q&A like this every time he tries something new.
>>
>>46157612
Calm down faggot, it's easy. Just read your stuff, calm down, and actually come to ENJOY thinking about stuff.

Stuff like settings, stories, places, characters, plot hooks, dungeons, grand master plans, villainous strategies, terror and joy and rage and all other emotions that may influence a being.

It ends up writing itself, honestly.
>>
>>46157777
JACKPOT BABY
>>
>>46157612
Don't worry. Worst case scenario is players lose interest and leave, causing your game to implode.

It's not like you'll die.
>>
>>46158611
i was just telling someone how nice this thread was and then you happened
>>
>>46156819
Obviously you simply need to step up.
>TFW might be uninspired but most of my inspirations are shit my players either don't know or don't care about in its original form.
>>46156773
Probably close enough.
>>
>>46156819

fuck me please tell me you dont live in kelowna bc
>>
>>46156924
Well, it obviously doesn't fucking work, so fuck your usual method.
>>
Well, that sounds like my games, but then again, I'm fairly uncomfortable as a PC and love world building.
>>
>>46165649
>bot being a person computer
>>
File: 1310671996285[1].jpg (11 KB, 297x275) Image search: [Google]
1310671996285[1].jpg
11 KB, 297x275
>>46156773
OP, heaven is when you think you're that DM.
Think.
>>
>>46156773
I think we all need this to be a GM encouragement thread.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.