[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imperial guard creation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: guard_charge.png (919 KB, 768x548) Image search: [Google]
guard_charge.png
919 KB, 768x548
The imperium needs more men and women fightig in guard! So let's make a regiment!

First roll:
>Regiment Classification d10
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>46156750
>>
>>46156760
Imperial Guard: A true regiment, drilled and competent in their service

Recruitment Criteria d100
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>46156792
>>
>>46156823
Caste-born: Raised from birth in the warrior caste.

Nature of Recruitment d10
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>46156836
>>
>>46156854
Standard conscription: Average or above-average citizens recruited from all levels of society.

So all the people from the warriors of the planet are joining the guard. I like this so far.

Home World d100
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>46156864
Since it's just the two of us in here, I vote that for Conscription, we do some sort of lottery system. The "chosen" would go fight for the Guard, while the rest would serve either as the PDF, Noble troops, or what have you.

Getting a bit ahead of the chart here, but though it was a cool idea.
>>
>>46156898
We can iron stuff like that out once we have finished rolling.

Hive World: No claustrophobia, excellent sense of direction? Urban combat!

Home World Predominant Terrain d100
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>46156966
>>
>>46156995
Jungle: Masters of stealth and inured to disease.

Do you want a re-roll on the homeworld and the terrain table? Just if you think this is a little generic?
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>46157005
let's re-roll Terrain
>>
>>46157101
A hive world that is also an agri world.....odd. So do you want to re-roll home world too?
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>46157108
Just for shits
>>
>>46157167
Ok, an agri shrine world. You want to roll with that?

Regiment Core Units (d100)
>>
>>46157108
Actually, no, this can definitely work. What if most of the Hive was dedicated to hydroponics and vertical farming, and they raised somewhat unconventional food-sources in the process? All the spires of the Hives are loaded with crops, there are balconies that are loaded, and people tend to live in the middle or the lower parts of the hives. The interior would grow the "poor people," food, while the upper hive would grow the "rich people," food.

Just a thought.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>46157174
>>
>>46157174
>>46157186
Agri Shrine world sounds like it fits the chosen and caste system better
>>
>>46157206
Armored

Chimeras, galore!

Specialization (d10)
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>46157221
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>46157219
Okay, I guess.

>>46157221

These guys would almost certainly make use of Hellhounds our the ass alongside Chimeras. Gotta burn those False Idols of the Chaos Gods somehow, and Hellhounds are perfect for the job.
>>
>>46157232
Close Combat

Loyalty Rating (d10)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>46157248
>>
>>46157254
Overzealous: need to be actively held back from giving their lives for the Emperor

Perfect!!

Special Equipment (d100)
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>46157257
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>46157257
>>
>>46157267
Modified Weaponry

Regiment Creed (d100)
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>46157275
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>46157275

I vote that for their Modified Weapons they stick Flamers on everything. EVERYTHING.
>>
>>46157287
Steel Over Flesh: This regiment believes the way to victory is through machine augmentation.

Regiment Friends (d100)
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>46157297
That's kinda lame, unless they're fire cyborgs
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>46157297
I personally think that Best of the Best would be the better choice here, because Augmentation seems a little out-of-place on a hyper-zealous Agri-Shrine World regiment.
>>
>>46157314
Adeptus Titanicus

Enemies (1d100)
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>46157328
We got a Titan Legion? Hell yeah, motherfucker.

I hope to God we get a Chaos enemy.
>>
Rolled 36, 16 = 52 (2d100)

>>46157328
>>
>>46157343
we got orks as enemies. only 1 away from rolling on allied table
>>
>>46157343
Aw fuck you! We were so fucking close!
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>46157387
>>46157397
why don't we just roll on the Allies table then since it's what all three of us want
>>
>>46157418
>Astartes
Aw hell yeah
>>
Shall we fluff these guys out now?
>>
>>46157455
We need a summary of all the canon rolls first, I feel
>>
Someone drop me a 1d10
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>46157509
>>
>>46157518
https://coolors.co/app/2c363f-e75a7c-f2f5ea-d6dbd2-bbc7a4

How do these look for regiment colors? I'm mobile, so I can't post the picture
>>
>>46157540
Sure, tone down the pink a touch though. Something more dusty maybe?
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1280x768
>>46157462
>imperial guard
>caste-born
>standard constriction (maybe lottery)
>Agri-world
>shrine world
>armored assault
>overzealous
>modified weaponry
>best of the best (or steel over flesh)
>titanicus
>space marine enemies
>>
>>46157604
I forgot close combat

>>46157577
https://coolors.co/app/05a8aa-b8d5b8-d7b49e-dc602e-bc412b
I rolled another 4 times
>>
>Zealous shrine agri worlder warriors

I can get behind this regiment.

But what shall we call them?
>>
>>46157635
Much better.
>>
>>46157640
The poor fellow soldiers of the emperor and the temple of terra
>>
>>46157604
I vote for both Best of the Best and Lottery system. They ascribe their random selection to the Guard as being divinely ordained by the Emperor Himself, and therefore strive all the harder to prove their worthiness to Him because they believe He is legitimately watching them perform on the battlefield.

Also gonna re-state the idea for Flamers on everything. Since it's both an Agro-World and a Shrine World (and will therefore have a great many Chaos Cults attempting to sprout up) flamers and meltas are more than appropriate for scouring the vegetation from the battlefield, burning enemies alive in cover, and in immolating the idols of the False Emperor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVYUdP_7TNU

I think fits this thread
>>
File: Cleanse and purify.gif (34 KB, 320x216) Image search: [Google]
Cleanse and purify.gif
34 KB, 320x216
>>46157679
Burn the heretics and unbelievers!
>>
>>46157640
Hm...

We can go American South/Appalachia, American Great Plains, African/Songhai influence, Middle Eastern theme, Slavic (though that's a bit done to death)...

I vote either Songhai or American South.
>>
>>46157715
White Abyssinians or Eastern Orthodox
>>
>>46157715
I vote for american south
>>
>>46157745
>>46157715
>American south
Knights of Colombus, but as actual Knights?
>>
>>46157784
Shall the name of the planet be Colombus?
>>
>>46157802
Should probably be more subtle, like XVII Colubellum or something
>>
Here is some stuff that needs to be done:

>Name of the planet
>When it was settled by humans
>Why is it a shrine world?
>Why does a chapter of Adeptus Astarties hate us?
>>
>>46157745
>>46157640

If we do American South, here are some regiment/name ideas:

>13th Bedford Armored

>65th Caddokaw "The Chosen"

>36th Bexar Armored Justiciars

>76th Ruskon Armored - "His Burning Sword"

>The Third Ward of St. Harrus - "The Holy Rollers"

Throwing a few out there. My fellow rednecks, help me out here.
>>
>>46157866
>implying we are rednecks
>>
>>46157866
South is weird to put into a caste system, unless we go slavery, carpetbaggers, rednecks, and southern aristocrats
>>
>>46157892
But anon, I am a redneck at heart, I am just a Houstonian suburbanite IRL

>>46157924
Southern Aristocracy pre-Civil War would actually be most appropriate.

They are raised, from birth, to be Warriors of the Emperor Most High - they are "marked" at birth by a Priest, who beseeches the Emperor to grant the child His blessings - through some sort of ceremony, it can be determined what occupation the child will have.

Life of a Warrior is grueling and difficult - your whole childhood is basically Basic Training, 7 days a week, 24hrs/day. You are trained to fight in ranged warfare, how to fight in close combat (described and lauded as "Holy Warfare") as well as military tactics and general education. They are peak physcial specimens, and all are exceptional fighters without peer, with sharp mind and sharper faith. This process isn't gentle - fatalities are the norm, but aren't uncommon, during the training process.

There will be some female warriors, but they are comparatively rare - those who do end up surviving the rigorous process are a point of pride for their regiment, and are considered an equal among their peers - if anything they seem to be more filled with faith than their male counterparts, if that were possible.

Those Warriors not selected by the Emperors Hand (Lottery) are generally regulated to PDF duty (which is not a dishonor) or protecting the hundreds of Shrines on the world. Or they're killed for being unworthy of the Emperors Benediction, cast like refuse into a gigantic pit and erased from existence for being a failure, if we want to go full Grim-Dark
>>
>>46157848
Planet name: Gargrathon's World. Who was Gargrathon? Who knows. Presumably some ancient explorer although the legends are contradictory.

Planet was settled, possibly by Gargrathon, way back in the First Stellar Exodus.

It could be a shrine world to a non-mainstream branch of the Imperial Creed.

Maybe a local prophet started very successful missionary work and spread the local faith to many nearby worlds, essentially creating a new church within the Imperium. I'm thinking Carthars or something like them. Imperium will probably have to do soething about them sooner or later but not right now.

Astartes hate them for refusing to bend a knee to them. Only the Emperor has their allegiance.
>>
How about in order to make a twist out the ordninairy shrine worlds they dead are cremated and the ashes are used to fertelize the soil
>>
Do you guys think we can use this:
http://planetmaker.wthr.us/
To make our planet?
>>
>>46157848
>Name of Planet:

Either Atlantum or Harris' Landing/Fall.

Atlanta is the traditional "capital" of Dixie, while Houston (formerly known as Harrisburg) is the current cultural capital of the American South as a general rule, though is not considered a part of Dixie culturally.

>When was it settled by humans?

The Great Crusade. The population made a "forced landing" (i.e. crashed) on the planet after a massive space battle that destroyed their ships. Legends tell of how they were traveling through the Hells to search for Paradise. When they came across their new world, they were suddenly and violently attacked by their brothers, who had been led astray in False Worship and sought to settle the world themselves. Their most blessed leader, Harris Atlantum, foiled an assassination plot against him and purged his ship of traitor Angels, and used the powers of the Emperor to cast out the Red Angels of the enemy, and to safely guide his people to the planet below with minimal casualties. Legends tell how he battled the Corrupt Angel with nothing more than a Laspitol and a holy axe Power Axe and slew him in single combat. Once on the planet, and when the Traitor Angels fled to the Hells, they erected cities and shrines in the ruins of their Capitol Ships (The capitol is built around the former flagship).

>>Why is it a shrine world?

Harris Atlantum is a pretty hugely important to them, and many minor Saints have risen in his name and led minor Crusades in the region.

>Why does a chapter of Adeptus Astarties hate us?

they found out that their ancestors were the former hangers-on of the Word Bearers Legion, who managed to survive Lorgars Purge and settle the planet. This does not please the Space Marine
>>
Why is the regiment riding Chimeras? Should Armored mean they use tanks?

And, to complete the Southern theme, would they paint their vehicles white with a red cross pattern? Pic related.
>>
>>46158266
That is pretty fucking epic.
>>
>>46158464

>Why is the regiment riding in Chimeras?

Armored can be either Armored Cav or Armored Fist. It isn't explicitly clear, and Armored Fist works far better in this scenario.

>would they paint their vehicles white with a red cross pattern? Pic related.

Probably not, unless it's a command vehicle, because this is an Agri-World, and Southerners are quite practical when it comes to applying camo to relevant things. If anything, they'd probably apply too MUCH camo and take it overboard.

Their leaders, on the otherhand, would be fabulously ornate and well-dressed for the occasion.

Light blue, grey, red, and white are the colors typically associated with the South, so I think a grey/red scheme would work well if we're doing Officers/Important Vehicles, and relevant camo for line infantry/standard vehicles.
>>
>>46158266
Rough prototype of the look of an officer for this regiment.
>>
>>46158816
I like it so far
>>
>>46158266
I like it, but if we are trying to style it like the South, maybe we should add some fluff about servitors (slaves).
>>
>>46159155
How about a standard working class? Bred for manual labour in the name of the Emperor. And those who violate the laws and norms the Emperor has given them are to serve as servitors for all thier remaiing days and more
>>
Interesting thread OP
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.