[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the most powerful character you ever played? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: power.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
power.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Who's the most powerful character you ever played?

Is there a power threshold over which it becomes unplayable/unfun?
>>
Power is entirely relative. There is no such thing as too high power as long as the setting is such that you can still be challenged and have to struggle to achieve your goals.

In a game my character eventually ended up as a mother-demigod of life, gaining immense power, but also incredible responsibilities. And because the GM was smart, a lot of that power was fluff and utility, tied up in the characters role in the world, so I still fought on the same level as the rest of the party (who were all roughly equivalently awesome, albeit in different ways) when we did battle together.
>>
Played magneto in a 400 point Champions game. Through some fuckery with the stats and power pools (and he GM buying my (honest) misinterpretation of the rules) I could have 0 endurance cost telekinesis (ferrous metals) (fine manipulation) at a strength of 250(25 trillion metric tons) for 39 points. Add in that I added insane hypersonic flying, nearly invincible force fields, automatic deflection, metal detection, entangle, and 100m teleportation (free action) to that power pool I was pretty much invincible. Since I only spent like 150 on the power pool I still had 250 left over for stats, armor, cheap martial maneuvers, skills, and perks I pretty much won the game.
>>
File: demigodcampaign.png (2 MB, 5047x4053) Image search: [Google]
demigodcampaign.png
2 MB, 5047x4053
>>
>>46156353
If my calculations are correct, that means your magneto could lift enough cubic meters of iron to cover the entire surface of planet earth in a layer of iron 1.6026 centimeters thick.
>>
>>46156192
Whfb ogre, rolled iron skin, molten metal blood and unnatural toughness.
>>
>>46156192
I was the God of Ruin once. Didn't end well.
>>
A party member of mine wound up accidentally being reborn as a god-like being after finding himself at the epicenter of a grand ritual that sacrificed an entire civilization while grappling with the Lich responsible in the prime locus of the ritual circle in an effort to shut it down.

The DM declared that the character's former personality had been utterly dissolved in the sea of consciousness of the millions of souls his body now hosted. He possessed the knowledge and skills of all the individuals inside him (basically rendering knowledge and skill checks of all kinds moot) and had a unique perk that was basically a really OP form of regen that recovered a full 3/4 of his max HP at the start of every turn, at the expense of his now drastically increased lifespan, of which the DM kept the figure to himself. This way, it encouraged the player not to depend too much on his immortality, because he had no idea how much of his lifespan he spent every time he got hurt.

Despite the game breaking abilities, the party wound up trying to undo the ritual, seeing as our new immortal friend was unable to make basic decisions for himself without rolling a pretty difficult concentration check to organize all the screaming voices inside his head pretty much every time he wanted to do anything at all. There were several times where failed concentration checks nearly got the party wiped in fights where hostile personalities manifested in the immortal party member and fired prismatic sprays among other things at us.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.