[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you actually play in a basement? Don't you have a cooler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1453263634893.png (8 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453263634893.png
8 KB, 500x500
Do you actually play in a basement?
Don't you have a cooler spot for tabletop stuff?
>>
No, me and my friends all live in apartments.
>>
>basement
>not the coolest part of the house
What the hell is wrong with your house, OP? On many a hot summer day I've noticed that the basement is noticeably lower in temperature than the rest of the house.
>>
I'm genuinely glad that dumb board-tan thing finally died.
>>
>>46155896
>Basement has huge unused room, fits 30 people dining
>Set up surround sound boxes
>hang up whiteboard, class room size
>not the best tabletop room
U wot?
>>
I have maybe had one friend who lived in a house that had an actual useable room in the basement, and not just a dusty concrete block full of old baby items and spare tires.
>>
We play at my friend's house in his basement because...
>Basement is the only fully finished part of the house
>It has a massive flatscreen tv, gaming consoles, and the latest indie shooters.
>Cooler than the rest of the house
>Has giant cushions we lay on while playing
>He bought a whiteboard and miniatures to use as a board map so we wouldn't have to use so much paper.
>>
When I was a kid sometimes we'd play in a crawlspace.
>>
>not playing in the attic

fucking plebs
>>
>>46156231
That's kinda creepy, man.

>>46155896
>Do you actually play in a basement?
Yes, two of them actually.

>Don't you have a cooler spot for tabletop stuff?
Not really. Both basements are designed as gaming spaces: comfy seating, plenty of books/dice/etc, all that jazz.
>>
>>46155896
I never had a basement....
>>
Well I live in a basement, but since most of the walls are giant glass windows I get to see sunlight and the forest on a regular basis.
Thanks Australia.
>>
>>46155896
What better place to host a session than in a (reasonably furnished) basement? The basement is the birthplace of tabletop rpgs, after all.
>>
>>46155896
When I played tabletop with a friend during high school, most of the time we'd play around the large upstairs dining table. But one time we actually did go downstairs, and it was one of those classic nerd basements:

>wood panelling
>most of an entire wall taken up by a huge amount of boardgames and RPG books
>a small 90s looking tv across from a sofa
>next to the sofa was a small coffee table, with a series of comfy and semi-comfy armchairs and chairs around it
>the cats would sometimes hide out down there and could be coaxed out for pets if you had patience

Sure, it wasn't great for playing tabletop games since it was hard to sit right up next to that tiny table, but it was rad as hell to hang out in. It's like finally getting to play in that 'classic' way that you're always worried you missed out on.
>>
When it's nice out we played at the park
>>
>>46155896
We play in the common room of a church...
>>
>>46155916
This. In winter basements stay warm and in summer they stay cool.
Also it seems to be kind of traditional that people put rec-rooms in the basement.
>>
>>46156770
My group plays in a pub. It's pretty neat.
>>
We played in a loft of a barn.

One wall of scuptures and knickknacks, including a solid brass opium pipe, a literal hand carved dickpipe with a sculpted hand to hold the 'balls', and several bizzare daggers and fanarts by th denizens of the gameroom.
Two solid walls of board and dice/card games including mageknight..
One solid wall of TTRPGs.
One wall holding the best box covers of the previous walls.
A full bar next to the counterweight entrance door. One side of the main beam had a 6' long bong. The other had the owner's flamberge greatsword.

And a Jolly Roger covering up the window that faced the house so the light would shine through the skull and crossbones.

Too bad he injured his back and heart, can't game up there any longer. We still game at his house regulrly....but the game room is sittign quietly, waiting for the Great Disperal of the Artifacts contained within.
>>
>>46156587
That's not a basement. Basements are underground.
>>
File: pic related.png (147 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
147 KB, 480x480
>>46156770

>Games of Satan in a church?

I usually play on the top floor of my house... go figure!
>>
I live with my parents and use our basement/home theatre.
It doesn't have a great tabletop surface but it's isolated, gets terrible phone reception and I'm the DM so tough shit.
>>
>>>46156231 When I was a kid
But what is you grow to much while you're in there and get stuck!
>>
>>46155896
Bitch, you ain't never seen my basement. That shit's dank.
>>
>>46155896
its a furnished and finished basement

I don't see the problem
>>
Can't have basements where I live, the water table is too high.
I play in a living room on a big-ass folding table.
>>
>>46159376
Not sure if dank like memes or dank like... a basement.
>>
>>46155896
We do play in my friend's basement... but he has a cool basement... and we hook DM's laptop up to the flatscreen on the wall so we can actually have briefings and dossiers, as well as boards up on the screen....
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.