[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burn Players Are Scum Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 292226.jpg (40 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
292226.jpg
40 KB, 324x450
No one likes burn players, they're gay and retarded. The only acceptable reason to play burn is if you're going to a tournament and to think it will be a good meta for it. First off let me just say right now I have never lost to any burn or RDW, in any format, as it's a shit deck and I've never been bested by the huge retard that it takes to pilot it. Sometimes I ask myself that question. How can you go to Fnm after Fnm, playing that same retarded burn deck you've been playing for months. It's disgusting, you fat sweaty swine, kill yourself.
Also what are you guys playing, brewing, purchasing, all that stuff you know.
Also anything from SOI peak your interest?
>>
>>46155702
>I just got my ass kicked by someone playing burn
>>
>>46155702
Burn players aren't that bad. Manaless dredge players are the worst.
>>
>>46155728
>players playing a suboptimal version that folds to any and all hate of an actual archetype are the worst
Why?
>>
>>46155702
>I have never lost to any burn or RDW, in any format
Don't lie to us anon. Also burn isnt nearly as annoying as infect
>>
>>46155728
Agreed. There's no windup, no kicker, no interaction besides rummaging your deck everyturn and taking 3x as long to take a turn as everyone else, only to slap down a 31/31 next turn.
>>
>>46155728
Classic dredge best dredge
>>
>>46155728
I feel bad for most manaless dredge fags. I used to play it, cause I liked legacy but couldn't afford a real deck. And it's not as bad as burn is in Modern because niggers take 3 damage off shocks every turn
>>
File: out of here.jpg (79 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
out of here.jpg
79 KB, 312x445
Mad fags like OP are the reason I still play burn every now and then. I bet he even uses Stihl.
>>
File: legacydecisions.png (648 KB, 853x561) Image search: [Google]
legacydecisions.png
648 KB, 853x561
>there're people who defent burn ITT

It's so braindead that 13 years old can autopilot it.
>>
>>46155728
>>46155747

Playing Manaless Dredge means you fold to potent graveyard hate (you can beat a Tormod's Crypt or its equivalents if you have enough time, after all).

Playing Mana Dredge means you fold to not only graveyard hate, but also counterspells and occasionally removal spells, in exchange for being more explosive.

Both are super interesting to play against though, says the filthy miracles player.
>>
>>46155702
>retarded fat sweaty swine calls others retarded fat sweaty swines
mtg general in a nutshell.
>>
>>46155702
>m'fedora has never been bested by plebeian burn decks
>I am blue master race, supreme intellectual and master strategist
>ladies please contain your orgasms
>>
Stop putting "Modern" in the name field instead of the subject field. You're more retarded than any burn player if you can't get even this right.
>>
And maybe put mtg in the subject field too ya fucknugget. Guy who made the last thread was the first one to do it in 3 days.
>>
>>46156312
look at the kid, clean, attentive, and clearly determined to win.

Look at the man, greasy, overweight, and has a look of amusement that probably comes from the fact that he's so full of himself.

Burn players seem based.
>>
File: file.png (183 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
file.png
183 KB, 265x370
Is this modern playable?
>>
>>46157294
Nope
>>
>>46157294
It looks alright
>>
>>46156329
>Manaless dredge
>Interesting for a miracles player

is shit
>>
>>46157303
I feel like if it was 1cmc less it would be 100% playable.

That said, the effect seems amazing. Extra card draw unless the opponent takes damage? It's only even "bad" if you need a land and they mill it
>>
>>46155702
Magic players in general seem like horrible, unpleasant people who take their game way too fucking seriously and take way too much fucking pride in their prowess in it.

And the SJW stuff in the product and design philosophy itself is kinda sickening.
>>
>>46155702
Play soul sisters or martyr proc and stop complaining you faggot
>>
>>46156618
This
>>
>>46157294
>red version of scry
Do not want
>>
>>46157373
It's not a scry.. it's an extra draw unless they take damage
>>
>>46157344
It's hard for me to wrap my head around thinking this is good. The only viable red decks in modern have a curve of ~2. So it doesnt really fit, AND he only does what's better for your opponent. He's worse than vexing devil.
>>
>>46155702
>Losing to Burn

How even?

Literally the easiest matchup to sideboard against.
>>
>>46155702
Show me on this doll where the goblin guide touched you
>>
>>46157389
scry you
look, bury, or keep
this
reveal, mill, or draw
Its red scry son
>>
>>46157351
Magic is scum.
>>
>>46157344
Except 1/3 to 1/2 of your deck is land. So you look at what spells you have, find the average CMC and take half of that number. That's how much expected damage/turn it'll do. Couple that with the fact that it'll only be out a turn it two, and what modern deck curves top out at. It's pretty apparent that the card is shit.
>>
>>46157467

The effect happens at the start of your upkeep, you still get to draw another card regardless of what your opponent chooses. Which means that if your opponent isn't worried about that revealed Swftspear and lets you draw it, you get to draw a total of 2 cards.
>>
>>46157467
Except for the fact that the other guy decides if you get to keep it.
>>
>>46157607
Thats what makes it red
>>46157561
Thats what makes it red
Red is the interactive color, big rewards and big effects. Scrying is too pussy for red, they need to get the card not see it, even if it means losing the card instead of saving it for later like a cautious pussy. Red also really doesn't care if you know whats happening.
>>
>>46157351
A lot of the people at my lgs seem like pretty cool dudes.
>>
>>46157294
Not for burn, which is the deck I imagine this would go in.
>>
>>46158100
>burn

Stop being bad, this card is trash is burn.
This card will show up in standard midrange decks and that's probably as far as it will go.
>>
>>46158113
That's what I'm saying; it's bad in burn, which is the only deck that this would go in if it were to see play in modern at all. Learn to read.
>>
>>46156312
Hey I know that guy

We still make fun of him for getting beat
>>
>>46158113

/tg/ is bad at reading.
>>
>>46158133
It would show up in jund before ever being concidered for burn. And the likelyhood of this being used in jund is pretty miniscule.
>>
>>46158133
But why the fuck would anyone even consider using this in burn?
>>
>>46155702
I know OP is mad at burn players, but here's my shitty deck that I've been dicking around with on Cockatrice.

x4 Isochron Scepter

x2 Balefire Liege
x4 Kiln Fiend
x4 Soulfire Grand Master

x4 Boros Charm
x4 Deflecting Palm
x2 Increasing Vengeance
x4 Lightning Bolt
x4 Lightning Helix
x4 Manamorphose

x4 Battlefield Forge
x4 Clifftop Retreat
x10 Mountains
x2 Plains

x4 Gitaxian Probe
>>
>>46158133
I'm actually going to run this in my kiki chord deck. It seems decent enough as a one of, and I think it'd be great with all my e wits and angels to flicker them and shit. So pretty much I'm always drawing 2 cause I can get it back, or if they make me wait they take damage. I'm going to play around with it and see where it goes and what matchups if any I like it in. All in all it doesn't seem too bad, and the body is a reasonable clock if left uncontested.
>>
>>46158154
Ok fair, I could imagine it being in Jund, only that jund has a lot of competition for the three drop slot and has no need for its effect at all.
>>
>>46158158

Because it's face damage or extra draw, both things that could help burn.
>>
>>46158181
I feel like courser is better in chord, letting you shuffle away chord targets instead of drawing them goes a lot further that you think.
>>
>>46157351
>I have never played traditional games or set foot inside an LGS, the post
>>
>>46158158
I wouldn't, but I imagine some ppl will try it out.
>>
>>46158200
>topdeck a Lightning Bolt
>opponent takes 1 instead of 3
>can't even use it to kill a creature
>>
>>46158139
/tg/ is bad at a lot of things.
>>
>>46158218
I already run 2 coursers in my main and I'm happy with that number. I run a main sin collector which I was considering dropping for this guy. A few reasons are black splash can get greedy sometimes and has screwed me a couple times against burn. Another reason is Sin collector was there for combo decks, which there aren't as many of now in my meta. So rather than courser, I get this guy, and while I feel like courser and this guy are kind of on par as far as card selection goes, I think this guy burning them for a faster close out is where I want to be. I'm gonna test him this Friday, see how it goes, I'll let you know I'd you care to hear how he plays out in my deck.
>>
>>46155702
I have found that it doesn't matter what type of deck you're playing. Someone's getting salty either way. If I'm playing Burn people rage quit because they can't beat the magical Christmas land draw. If I'm playing control they rage quit because they don't want to have their spells countered. And if I play midrange they rage quit because it's another midrange deck.
>>
>>46158253
You do get to draw during your draw step, but yes it's bad.
>>
>>46158253
>top deck a lightning bolt and then draw a snapcaster
:^)
>>
>>46158219
Funny enough, I'm doing 40k today and beer afterwards at Jeff's Cards and Comics I Peterborough, Ontario. Just like I do every Monday.

Funny enough, every time I pass Jeff's on FNM, I see pissed off people smoking darts with the intensity on a Wall Street stock broker.

Funny enough, every Magic thread on /tg/ is filled with bitter, wrathful elitists who speak about an activity that is supposed to be for enjoyment with intense aggression and hostility.
>>
>>46158279
Magic players are sore losers in general. Really hard to find chill people who just want to have fun.
>>
>>46158294
>top decking magical Christmas festivites.
>>
>>46156329
>Playing Mana Dredge means you fold to not only graveyard hate
No you don't.
>but also counterspells and occasionally removal spells
No you don't.
Jesus Christ, have you even played either? Ichorid beats still win 90% of games against non-combo even without Bridges. Four Cabal Therapies mean you don't have to pull the trigger on Iona/Elesh/Flame-kin animation until their hand is emptied of counters.
>>
>>46158279
I'd rather play against a control or midrange deck any day rather than "le top deck drop all my le 3 damage spells every game"
>>
>>46158253

1 uncounterable damage that won't stop you from topdecking a lava spike after. But yes, the effect isn't beneficial a lot of times in a deck where the most expensive card as a CMC of 2, which is one of the reasons it won't see play. No one's saying burn will start carrying these but the effect is, in theory, beneficial.
>>
>>46158337
I am the guy who's going to run it in Kiki Chord, and I believe any deck where you can recur shit is going to get a ton of value off this dude, e wits and snapcaster are going to go great with him, if he finds a home
>>
>>46158273
Yea, id like to hear your results. I also play Kiki chord
>>
>>46158414
Oh cool, good to hear someone else playing it on here, what's your list?
>>
>>46158337
>where the most expensive card as a CMC of 2
Rift bolt is 3 mana matey.
>>
>>46158440

Hoogland's List from the last pro tour. I haven't had time to play any events in the last few weeks so I'm a bit out of the meta.
>>
Still hoping for some kind of easy mana-sink investigate enabler to put together a janky combo deck with Krark-Clan Ironworks.
>>
>>46158468
No one hardcasts Rift Bolt.
>>
>>46158468
It actually costs 1 you mong
>>
>>46158279
I tend to find enjoyment in people complaining. I love to hear what people are thinking when they're getting their shit slapped by a 14/2 ornithopter equipped with two platings, or when they discover that inkmoth is hitting for exactly ten damage.
>>
>>46158468

I guess.

>>46158495
>>46158508

The effect uses the CMC, you mongs.
>>
>>46158508
You're an actual retard
>>
>>46158495
you do when you topdeck it. And for the purposes of Sin Prodder, it's 3 cmc.
>>
>>46158508
>2 and a R
>costs 1

Come on /tg/
>>
I really, really like Rob.

But I don't think he's modern playable. All the things his trigger potentially does is pure value in the right deck, but he doesn't do anything on ETB and he dies too easily.

He might replace Rabblemaster in some lists but that's about it. He is very splashable though, which always helps.
>>
>>46158546
You're the actual retard if you think 3cmc on Rift Bolt is ever relevant. You only ever pay 3 if you need to kill your opponent that turn.
>>
File: 1375990660648.gif (1022 KB, 395x309) Image search: [Google]
1375990660648.gif
1022 KB, 395x309
>>46157351
>And the SJW stuff in the product
>>
>>46158567
I want to smash together a casual Red bigstuff deck with him.
>>
>>46158568

This is either some masterwork bait or just a retard unable to follow a conversation. In either case, it's not worth replying to seriously and we should just pretend he isn't here.
>>
>>46158568

The argument was the applications of sin prodder in burn. You would know this if you could fucking read.
>>
>>46158588
That's literally the worst thing you could do, because they're just going to let you draw the bigstuff that you can't cast.
>>
>>46158594
OK anon. I was going to flame him for his inability to read but I'll let it go.
>>
>>46158594
>>46158601
Yeah no shit, the fucking question was if 3cmc would prevent him from seeing play in burn. The answer is yes because you don't pay 3cmc for a do-nothing card. Then some retards thought it would be fine to say "Hurr Rift Bolt is 3cmc and is in burn," when it's actual cmc is never EVER relevant
>>
>>46157294
Not in burn, as most burn spells are pretty cheap to cast and the opponent will just take the damage. It could see play in some kind of midrange/tempo thing
>>
>>46158553
No you don't, because the burn player has lost if the other player isn't dead by when the topdeck wars start.
>>
>>46158296
This guy get's it.
It's still fun for me.
>>
>>46158633
That's not what anyone was saying you fucking retard. They were talking about CMC specifically and solely in the context of how much damage Rob could potentially do.

Learn to fucking follow a conversation.
>>
>>46158633
Everyone knows you fucked up anon, just stop, it's not helping.
>>
>>46158669
>>46158671
Anyone who considered putting this in their burn deck for any reason is the real retard here
>>
>>46158633
Except it does come up. You posted an example where you need to kill an opponent that turn. That does happen on occasion, and therefore it becomes relevant.
>>
>>46158646
see G1 of >>46156312 and shut up, retard.
>>
>>46158732
He's not playing against a real deck so I don't see how that's relevant.
>>
>>46158646
Until recently, I played burn and various aggro red since zendikar. Games where you have to topdeck a burn spell to win happens ALOT. The entire philosophy of the deck is meant to maximize the chance of drawing a burn spell in a timely manner.
>>
>>46157294

Some sort of midrange deck with red might be interested

You need to have enough 3-5 cmc stuff to give your opponent a real quandary
>>
File: IMG_0244.png (260 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0244.png
260 KB, 358x310
>playing Modern
>playing "JewCityGames' Prime Moneymaker: The Format"
Call me when they stop blowing up the prices of all your cards. At least Legacy and Vintage have decentish reasons for their expense.
>>
>>46158753
>LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUR ACTUAL ARGUMENT LALALA
>>
>>46158808
>legacy and vintage
>decent reason for their prices
>prices not being controlled by Star of David games, even more so than modern.

I sure hope you bought your duals before they announced EMA.
>>
>>46158808
>JewCityGames' Prime Moneymaker: The Format
Dude... until recently, that was legacy. SCG is probably responsible for singlehandedly making Legacy as popular, and expensive, as it is today.
>>
>>46158827
I pointed out why your argument was irrelevant, I didn't dismiss it.
>opponent playing 60 forests
>see he totally topdecked that win!
>>
>>46158808
The Reserved List is the single most egregious error holding M:tG back, so no, it's not a "decentish reason".
>>
>green getting Investigate printed on a bunch of SoI shit
>not even a decent loot card so far for red

What the fuck
>>
>>46158192

It's like a dark confidant that doesn't kill you

Jund is the only modern deck that this card is even designed to be used in

Not saying it's good enough to be used in Jund but it's stupid to say Jund doesn't want a card draw dork that also pings instead of killing yourself
>>
>>46158870
Don't you know that Green is the new best color in magic?
>>
>>46158869
They'll never get rid of it though. The people who want to keep it are an extremely vocal minority, and if Wizards reneges on their 20 year old promise they could lose a bunch of support

On the other hand it makes the eternal formats exorbitantly expensive to get into, and demand will soon outstrip supply by a lot, and Wizards will have a tough choice to make
>>
>>46158915
I know that but it still sucks
>>
>>46157294
American midrange, jund, maybe in a reanimator decK?
>>
>>46158942
>American midrange
Probably not, that deck has more that enough ways to generate advantage without this.
>jund
Bob is better, generally. Plus the 3 drop spot is already pretty clogged up.
>reanimator
Lol no. Your opponent chooses where the card goes.
>>
>>46155702
I'm really looking forward to all the great red player damage spells this standard's going to bring! Burn from Within seems like it's going right in my deck, and I'll enjoy doing lots of direct damage with Sin Prodder.
>>
>>46158567
>Rob
Who?
>>
>>46158546
*your
>>
>>46158633
it's CMC is relevent to the discussion, since it sees play in the kind of decks that might include Sin Prodder. Sin prodder uses the card's CMC, so the fact that it has 3 CMC and is in the deck matters.
Does that help?
>>
MTG and Fitness. Both full of white knighting faggots. Oh look you are a woman and im bad at social interactions let me be autistic as fuck. But going to the gym at least gets you ripped so if you are autstic MTG player, go to the gym youll meet equally autistic people and youll get laid eventually.
>>
File: 1455456056103.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455456056103.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>46159235
What the actual fuck anon
>>
>>46158474
Bruh, don't run hooglands list. First of all he's a cheating nigger. Secondly, that list is like tailored to fight affinity and Eldrazi, you would have way better results tooling it to what you'll be playing against
>>
>>46158869
That's why I added the "ish", frankly. All those cards are old as fuck, and I can actually understand old, less-printed cardboard being of some value. Not so with, say, Jace the Walletsculptor or Son of Jace the Walletsculptor or half the Modern staple cards.

You're damned right either way about the reserved list being absolute cancer, though.
>>
>>46159348
Like I said, I haven't played modern in many weeks. I don't know what my local meta is like any more. But you are right. His list is designed to beat the colorless decks.
>>
>>46159099
>You want to take 7 from Griselbrand in my grave or do you want Griselbrand in my hand
>>
I have a friend who vociferously defends the reserve list, pointing out that yugioh reprint policy completely devalues old cards, and the result is that LGS can't make money with yugioh cuz the cards aren't worth anything

Does he have a point?

Is the reserve list necessary for there to be LGS where you can play magic and buy magic cards?
>>
File: 1357194984204.jpg (18 KB, 372x350) Image search: [Google]
1357194984204.jpg
18 KB, 372x350
>>46159235
Got me to chuckle/10
>>
>>46159516
>vociferously
>vociferously
>VOCIFEROUSLY
>cuz

Here's another word you can learn today and misplace in a sentence later: sesquepedalian.
>>
>>46159516
Yugioh has 1 format and a lot of power creep, with older cards being nearly useless, so yeah, kind of.
>>
>>46159500
> put gristlebrand in their hand.
>now a dead card until they can find another way to put it in their grave
>>
Is G/W hatebears even halfway decent in this meta? Can it answer Eldrazi by popping lands and plopping down good beaters like Loxodon Smiter and Mirran Crusader?
>>
>>46159500
More likely, you will never draw another business spell for the rest of the game.
>>
>>46159617
see about it after bans
>>
>>46159617
>Let opponent go first
>Kill their eye T1
>>
>>46159617

Hatebears is usually bad against any deck that can play bigger creatures than them. Blowing up their lands doesn't really slow them down that much either. Most of the other taxing tricks are ineffective against the deck too.
>>
>>46159617
just play mono white enchantments. I hear it has a pretty good match up with eldrazi.
>>
>>46159561

I don't think I misplaced vociferously, but sesquipedalian is a good one, I'll use that at some point
>>
>>46159516
Most LGSs that I know of don't even deal in the expensive-ass Legacy and Vintage cards beyond /very/ occasionally buying and turning around a vintage dual or two, so I'd say no. It's tourney fees and sealed product and low-to-mid-cost singles that really make them money I'd guess, as far as Magic is concerned.

I'm no LGS owner or clerk however, so in the end I could easily be wrong.
>>
>>46159963
Oh, and I should note that the reserved list is only for certain very old cards. Unless Legacy is a thing where you play most of the top-dollar singles your store sells are going to be Standard-legal - maybe Modern-legal if you've got actual demand for that format there - and thus not relevant to the Reserved list.
>>
>>46157664
>these things that make it not scrying make it scrying, but red
You DO know that ALL colors get scrying, right? Blue gets it the most, but it's somewhat universal. Don't be dumb.
>>
File: 1451295592913.jpg (39 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1451295592913.jpg
39 KB, 374x347
>>46157664
>they need to get the card not see it, even if it means losing the card
>they need to get the card... even if it means not getting the card
that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>46159600
Shoal plays through the breach
>>
>>46157294
A crimson Confidant with stronger body, that doesn't pain me, with the only downside being 1 more CMC and occasionally turning extra draws into lava spikes? Sounds good on paper, but to make him efficient, you have to run CMCs of three and above, which isn't what a typical red deck would do. I wouldn't be surprised to see it do work in Jund, but it's doesn't look significantly superior to Bob.
>>
How long was Bloom Titan around for before it started making waves/got banned?
>>
>>46160599
not long enough ;_;7
>>
>>46160599
It was a thing in MTGO since 2014 even before people settled on the number of Azusas, cantrips and whatnot. The notoriety didn't come until Cohen's PT run and the SCG performances (culminating in Fontanelly's winning run with 4 titans on turn 3, Boohooland's salty F6 and whatnot) after that in 2015-16.
>>
>>46160674
I know. I wanted to play it but I only learned about it when it started picking up steam and people were talking about a ban.

I'd put it together for fuck-around kitchen table stuff but it's still rather pricey

>>46160724
So people were just pissed that it could win super fast?
>>
>>46157294
Is it good?
Yes
The only deck I can see wanting this is Jund, its like having 2 Bob's in your deck. But do you really want a 3cmc bob with a worse ability?
>>
>>46157294
yeah, it's playable. just a tier below eidolon in terms of value for rdw. could also be good in dega or snapcaster decks like grixis.

think of it as three-and-a-half damage each turn it gets to swing uncontested and a way to clock people using shit like firewalker and dragon's claw or just another way to fuel delve fatties or snapcaster or k-command recursion.
>>
>>46160752
Basically yeah. Even some of the bloom players (myself included, only on Cockatrice though) thought t1 Hive Mind was beyond stupid but the deck folded hard to any well timed Spell Snare, Spell Pierce or Remand since going off t1 without SSGs is impossible, extremely rare even with n copies of them and you went off t2 only like 40% of the time.
>>
>>46160878
i can't imagine why people would be super upset over that. t1 kills were the height of christmas land
>>
>>46161015
They were still games that resulted in "didnt get to play magic nyah nyah" which isn't supposed to be the case in Modern.
>>
>>46161015

Turn 3 kills weren't all that christmasland though in amulet bloom, or rather turn 3 Titans swinging, you might live the swing but the game is over at that point

Idk why people hated it more than infect which can also win turn 2 and 3 in magical Christmas land, but they did
>>
>>46161069
I just meant t1 hivemind wombo combo
>>
Why not print the abur duals but have them be legendary, is that too good?
>>
>>46161146

I know, I was just pointing out that people weren't just worried about t1 kills with amulet bloom, I think it was banned because a decent but not magical christmas land game for it goes off around turn 3
>>
>>46161226
Instant EDH inclusions so yeah
>>
File: 34870505.jpg (100 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
34870505.jpg
100 KB, 1131x707
>>46161235
It got banned because it finally won something. Amulet bloom was the Kamina of magic
>>
>>46161292
A shame really, the deck is really fun to play. Not necessarily fun to watch of play against, but it's my enjoyment that matters, not my opponent's, or anyone else's.
>>
>>46161069
Infect didn't make 8 gorillion mana on turn 2/3
>>
>>46161322
I'd put it together to mess around with were it not for the price
>>
>>46161411
What does that matter when the deck kills you with one or two?
>>
>>46161424
If a deck has a reliable source of fast mana to enable a combo then it usually gets a one way ticket to the banlist.
>>
File: 1455532338916.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1455532338916.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>Dredge causes asspain in literally every thread
>>
Heard you guys were into meme decks
Czech it

4x faithless looting
4x grisly salvage

4x Soulflayer
3x Uktabi Drake
3x Birds of Paradise
4x Lotleth Troll
3x Viashino Slaughtermaster
3x Drogskol Reaver
4x Sylvan Caryatid
4x Hellspark Elemental

19 Lands

Other spots in not totally decided on.
Vengevine or more keyword creatures

Interaction comes in from the board
>>
>>46161762
Oh man, I forgot stinkweed imp. He's a four of
>>
>>46161762
Throw in a copy of empty the pits, it will be funny
>>
>>46161762
Woah, spicy.
Looks fun though desu
>>
>>46161762
>no Chromanticore
>>
>>46159516

I don't know where your friend lives but of all the LGSs in my city, only one has a decent stock of cards so I'm certain they can survive without stocking up on Taigas and Tropical Islands. Secondly, old cards don't need to not be reprinted to retain their value. A Lightning Bolt from Alpha still costs something like 100$ despite there being tons of them and the card itself having been reprinted a fuckton of times. If wizards decided to reprint Black Lotus in Eternal masters, I can guarantee that older ones wouldn't lose value.
>>
>>46162739
Double strike is so much more relevant that Reaver is better.
I could run one though
>>
File: 23535.png (300 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
23535.png
300 KB, 312x445
ban: Eye of Ugin

unban: Ancestral Vision, Bloodbraid Elf, Birthing Pod, Dread Return, Green Sun's Zenith, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Ponder, Preordain, Punishing Fire, Stoneforge Mystic, Sword of the Meek

see how easy it would be to fix modern?
>>
>>46163080
Gsz and dread return are too powerful
>>
>>46163080
unban summer bloom
>>
>>46157294
My Rakdos infect deck will be getting a new friend.
>>
>>46161762

Sounds pretty dank but it might need something to guarantee you get soulflayers. Or a way to get them out of the grave.

Tortured Existence in standard when?
>>
>>46163297
I agree. In testing I have lost more flayers to the yard than I would like.
Otherwise the deck is actually pretty strong and aggressive. Nobody respects Lotleth either
>>
>>46163080
GSZ would take over modern
>>
>>46163297
Fauna shaman as a 2 of?
>>
File: FOWdirt.jpg (38 KB, 478x799) Image search: [Google]
FOWdirt.jpg
38 KB, 478x799
This, children, is why double sleeving is important.
>>
>>46163080

Your solution to fix modern is to make it legacy lite?
>>
>>46155702

Holly shit, did you seriously put the title in the name feild ?

Get your shit together
>>
>>46163587
And what do we have now? A shitty version of Standard lite which consists of the best aggro of 12 years of standard and nothing else?

Also how would that turn it into Legacy lite, are you retarded? The most played cards in Legacy aren't even in that list.
>>
>>46161762
Would you run alesha?

She has first strike and has recursion for almost all your creatures
>>
>>46163634
>and nothing else?

Abzan CoCo just won GP detroit and SGC Indianapolis had only 2 Eldrazi decks on the whole top 8 at 3rd and 7th place.

And the deck is getting a ban in a few weeks.

Stop memeing.
>>
>>46163705
>Alesha

MY NIGGA ! I run 3 copies in my Loampox build. She is great at getting back Golgari Grave-Trolls when she doesn't eat a bolt.
>>
Why don't you just buy non-shit sleeves?

Or play with proxies until you get to the tournament?
>>
>>46163942
god damnit meant for
>>46163561
>>
>>46163868
I never even thought if the interaction between grave troll and her. That's nice, especially if the game goes a little longer and I'm top decking
>>
>>46155702
lava axe is a good card
>>
File: master-of-cruelties[1].jpg (68 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
master-of-cruelties[1].jpg
68 KB, 480x680
>>46164003
Yhea, it's actually a pretty sweet combo.

My other targets for her are 3 Lotleth Troll, 2 Huntmasters and one of pic related just to fuck around. I pulled one win with it once, the salt was real.
>>
File: CeGiKKKWwAEj7-h.png (166 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
CeGiKKKWwAEj7-h.png
166 KB, 265x370
Well...Bogles is real now.
>>
>>46163109
>>46163539

Why is GSZ considered broken ? It's basically a cheaper Chord of Calling but at sorcery speed. Both cards seem pretty equal on power to me.
>>
>>46164289
Imagine putting that on a Geist
>>
>>46164289
Oh great, something else for Zur to search for
>>
>>46164333

Because a very long time ago paying 1 mana and dumping a card from your hand to tutor a Dryad Arbor was considered a powerful play.

Now it is hilariously outdated, but people have PTSD about practically everything on the banlist, and a large amount of players parrot Wizard's bullshit "WAYY TOO STRONK 10/10 WOULD TAKE OVER" excuses for keeping shit from Extended on the list.

Wizards will only unban cards that don't matter (Nacatl, Golgari), regardless of what the situation is.
>>
File: BurnPauperProper 001 (Large).jpg (822 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
BurnPauperProper 001 (Large).jpg
822 KB, 2304x1728
lol
>>
File: yes2.jpg (175 KB, 933x356) Image search: [Google]
yes2.jpg
175 KB, 933x356
>>46164289

YES.jpg
>>
>>46164470
Curse of the pierced heart is a cool card
>>
>>46164470
Do you just scoop at Leyline of Sanctity or do you have some form of answer in your SB ?
>>
>>46164557
Disregard what I just said, I just realised it's a pauper deck.
>>
File: Rave.gif (2 MB, 243x199) Image search: [Google]
Rave.gif
2 MB, 243x199
>>46164557
>Leyline
>In pauper
>>
>>46164470

Finally someone else that uses Kamigawa lands. Those mountains are gorgeous.
>>
File: FoilsBurn 001.jpg (804 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
FoilsBurn 001.jpg
804 KB, 2304x1728
>>46164588
They're pretty sexy.

Sadly they're all getting swapped out for various foil mountains. The whole list is becoming shiny and chrome.
>>
>>46158625
Wait, I got it! Four robs, four sneak attacks, the rest eldrazi titans and lands
>>
>>46164289
How did Triss Merigold managed to get to Innistrad ?
>>
>>46164289
oh baby
>>
>>46164289
what a junk
>>
>>46164289

I don't see Bogles splashing U for this but there might be other blue auras to make it worth it.
>>
>>46164815

Reasons to splash blue:

-Spectral flight
-Geist
-Invisible stalker
-Curiosity (but you can run Keen sense as well)
-Aqueous form

The only thing blue really lacks is a good umbra-like aura.
>>
>>46161762
Is this a real deck or your brew?
I just ran it on xmage a couple times and it's not bad. Maybe even good.
I won quickly and even through a Relic. Props on the build anon
>>
>>46158176
Mainboard Deflecting Palm is bad.
Unless your format is exclusively infect or Shoalbrand
>>
>>46163080
Actually, with all those unbans, i think Eye of Ugin might be okay.
>>
>>46163080
>punishing fire
retard
>>
>>46163080
Dread return? I like modern being one of the few formats were I don't have to worry about dredge.
>>
>>46165245
why is it banned exactly? Is it grove of the burnwillows?
>>
>>46165380
yup
>>
>>46164470
>not running every art so you can assemble the panorama
>>
>>46165509
The swamps suck
Forests are meh
>>
Feeling lucky, what's the best set to buy a box from as far as modern staples go ?
>>
File: 57-1.jpg (245 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
57-1.jpg
245 KB, 1600x1200
>>46165245
nah that's Delay
>>
>>46165531
I mean why not run a few of each Mountain in a deck with 19 Mountains. None of those are bad.
>>
>>46157294
Probably not, at least not in any current competitive strategy. I could see it being legacy playable in some kind of stompy deck though.
>>
>>46164289
Nah, bogles doesn't need this kind of effect.
>>
>>46157294
Why do they have shitty art like this?
What happened to drawing and painting with real materials?
>>
>>46165894
The really funny thing is that there's been a heavy digital art presence since the first Ravnica at least, it just didn't look like shit then. I guess the art directors have been pushing to make everything as shiny and plastic looking as possible.
>>
>>46156788
They look almost the same level of hygiene from the shitty camera quality
>>
I play only Pauper and then only deck I use is burn. I have other decks that are more fun to play but winning is easy and scrubs are sad.
>>
>>46166330
Thanks for sharing. That's really relevant to Modern General.
>>
>>46166330
Wow nice blog. Subscribed for sure
>>
>>46166489
The pauper thread is dead I sorry.
>>
Just purchased my first underground sea for 220 off Ebay, pretty excited desu. Maybe I'll just sell my other modern decks and get some other duals.
>>
>>46159311
Can confirm. Am /fit/ and play magic and seem to have no trouble finding nerd girls
>>
>>46163264
well if it's infect you can be pretty sure you'll never draw a card with this as the enemy will not care about his life total
>>
>>46166712
>underground sea
i want to sell my meager money cards for duals too but fuck that price tag. god speed anon, you crazy madman
>>
>>46166800
Ehh, modern jund and Junk pretty much cost as much as most 2 color legacy decks, just suck it up and play combo with shocks and 1 dual until you can afford them, it's seriously a thousand times more rewarding than having your goddamn splinter fucking twin deck banned after you just picked up 3 god damn foil twins
>>
File: blue burn.jpg (40 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
blue burn.jpg
40 KB, 375x523
>>46155702
Not as retarded as someone who puts the topic title in the name field.
>>
>>46166950
i've thought about building tin fins with shocks since i have a lot of the cards for it. but i don't even feel like dumping money into this game anymore.
>>
File: burn theme.jpg (382 KB, 1505x783) Image search: [Google]
burn theme.jpg
382 KB, 1505x783
>>46155702
>>46164470
I made a "thematic" burn list. I just imagine the planeswalker and his lavamancer buddy spewing fire shit on the opponent. I've actually gotten a few remarks from players at FNM that it's a neat idea, compared to just throwing in Goblins and Monks and Atarka's to win. Also because I'm not spending hundreds on Burn duals lol

My RP backstory is that if I run out of fire, I just melee my opponent with Skullcrack or blow up my Mountains.
>>
>>46156312
saving this image to start flame shit later
>mtg
>not for children

this image is perfect
>>
>>46167341
So this is real autism
>>
>>46167341
I think that's neat.
>>
File: sheeeit.gif (897 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sheeeit.gif
897 KB, 320x240
>>46167426
>he doesn't involve himself in the lore of Magic: The Gathering
>he doesn't revel in his power as a unique wizard who travels between planes
>he doesn't engage in mortal combat with other powerful wizards using his library of spells
>>
>>46164470
>Volcanic Hammer
>Curse of Pierced Heart

that triggered me hard
>>
>>46165968
most likely they're trying to churn out the same amount of art from less artists. Didn't a bunch of artists quit since the most recent art director turned out to be a control freak?
>>
File: age13+.jpg (86 KB, 297x550) Image search: [Google]
age13+.jpg
86 KB, 297x550
>>46156312
>>46167396
What's the problem?
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>46156312
It's not really that braindead. A lot of long-time players were underage b& when they started playing. What's braindead is that he's picked up all the twitch memes like hand shuffling and wrapper-peeling his draws.

Sounds like you just need to GIT GUD. :^)
>>
>>46167508
That's autistic as fuck man. I play Magic to win, if I had the option to just entirely remove the lore aspect I would, it repels a lot of normal people cause of faggot dragons and shit like fairies. No grown ass man who's not retarded wants to play with fairies. But you keep playing your special little red mage de k champ :^).
>>
I don't see how you can lose to burn unless you had shit draws or you weren't prepared.

Any competitive deck has an operating speed or goldfish speed as fast or faster than burn. You can literally do anything, ANYTHING to burn, from getting rid of a land or casting a single counterspell or life gain or discard, and their clock gets over 25% slower or worse, since they need an extra 1+ turns to kill you at that point.

You literally have to have the slowest fucking deck in the world that does nothing until turn 3-4 or sit there for 3-4 turns doing nothing to lose to burn.

And that's only game 1.
>>
>>46164629
>>46167341

>ljunggren rift bolts
>theros magma jets

ISHYGGDT
>>
>>46168001
Deckstats spoiler view fucks up the scans for the sets I do want. They look worse than the Searing Blaze in terms of darkness.
>>
>>46167985

burn tends to win when you have shit draws say 1/3-1/4 of the time.
>>
File: browbeat.jpg (72 KB, 222x310) Image search: [Google]
browbeat.jpg
72 KB, 222x310
can people explain why this is so bad for burn? Seems like both options are pretty good
>>
>>46168133
>opponent's choice
Same reason Vexing Devil is bad. Your opponent will always choose the option that is worse for you.

>3cmc
Burn doesn't run 3CMC spells anymore. You can literally have a mana slope of 1s and 2s.
>>
>>46168102

All my decks have U and cantrips in them with a complete fetch base so it's not a problem I usually have to deal with and if I'm not playing U it's an aggro deck that has a turn 3-4 clock. Usually burn will be forced to slow down to take out my attackers.
>>
>>46168133
Giving people a choice is never good. If they can take 5, they'll take 5. If they let you draw 3, it'd have been better to just played a burn spell this turn, and then next turn, rather than wasting a turn playing this and then 2 burn spells next turn. Also you're a cuck.
>>
File: 1458398745960.png (375 KB, 752x588) Image search: [Google]
1458398745960.png
375 KB, 752x588
>>46167868
How did it feel when faeries anally violated you? You must have a tight ass if tiny dicks caused so much butthurt.
>>
>>46168133
Burn is about consistency, especially when it is in Eternal or Modern where there is little interaction with the opponent and your wins are based entirely on the raw power of your cards and each card you draw. You will always get the choice on Browbeat that you don't want (often drawing you cards), which means you have functionally lost a turn and in those formats, losing a turn is not something your deck can afford to do because your only means of winning is casting spells at their face.

The point is that any card, even a card that only does 3 damage for 3 mana will be better than Browbeat.
>>
>>46168133
It's kind of slow.

>>46168221
>>opponent's choice
>Same reason Vexing Devil is bad.
Vexing Devil is worse than Browbeat, because there will be plenty situations when it will literally do nothing - opponent will let it resolved then nib it with removal. Browbeat will most of the time be 5 damage. Either taken right away or from cards you draw with it. I mean, yeah, it's still bad, but not as bad as Vexing.
>>
>>46168278
>Also you're a cuck.

Reason number 1 to never play Browbeat.
>>
>>46156312
>josh edelstein actually misplayed g1 super hard.
OUTPLAYED.
>>
>>46168294
>fearies
>tiny dicks

Say that to my face fgt
>>
>>46168295
I want to add. It's not to say Browbeat is a bad card, it's just utter shit in Modern or Legacy. In a place like Standard it would be fine because a deck that runs it can take advantage of either choice on the card when the format is slow enough to support it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.