[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about exotic weapons, /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: Avenger's weapons.jpg (26 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Avenger's weapons.jpg
26 KB, 800x600
How do you feel about exotic weapons, /tg/?
>>
File: PC Weapon Crafting.jpg (28 KB, 520x381) Image search: [Google]
PC Weapon Crafting.jpg
28 KB, 520x381
>>46155442
A waste of a feat/perk/skill/equivalent at best.

Weeaboo special-snowflake Sueshit at worst.

I don't think I've ever seen a system where exotic weapons were worth taking outside of super specific builds that were borderline exploiting the game mechanics themselves. Most of the time, anything you can achieve with an exotic weapon can be done with a "normal" weapon with the same or lesser resource investment (especially if you allow any sort of crafting systems).
>>
File: Born-To-Feel.jpg (39 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
Born-To-Feel.jpg
39 KB, 500x632
How do you arm against exotic feels, /tg/?
>>
They usually work fine for their intended application. In some settings 'exotic' is normal.
>>
>>46155442
I'd rather feel up exotic girls.
>>
File: smug.jpg (16 KB, 480x378) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
16 KB, 480x378
>>46155912
I have to agree with you there, anon.
>>
>>46155527
Black Crusade has plenty of Exotic weapons that are quite useful, like Sonic Weapons.
>>
>>46155442
If they make sense in the setting, I permit it and I bend the rules a bit to allow it.
That said I remember one very egregious case:
>Adventurer in classic european city
>Get described as a run-of--the-mill average adventurer that hasn't yet done anything to prove himself
>I ask what weapon he uses, and the player starts ranting about this legendary Katana his character found.
At this point I facepalmed. Level 1 McRandomdouchebag with a legendary Katana? In Europe?
>Then he says he has another thing on his back
>ohboyherewegoagain.jpg
>It's a scythe, legendary then again
I double facepalm and ask him how he intend on using these weapons since they both are two handed
>Well I suppose I could switch.
I triple facepalm and ask him what's the point of having these weapons if he isn't going to use one of them.
>He turns silent and says that I should have told him that he could use both at the same time.
I quadruple facepalm. But after we were done with that and he agreed to downgrade his katana to a random sword/ditch the scythe, he was actually a pretty good player.
>>
>>46155912
How exotic? Not-of-this-country exotic or nor-of-this-planet exotic?
>>
>>46156835
Not-of-this-country-looking.
I don't think I'll ever get to fondle an alien babe.
>>
File: mambele2.jpg (6 KB, 271x380) Image search: [Google]
mambele2.jpg
6 KB, 271x380
>>46156835
You'd be surprised how thin that line can be.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.