[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/ I've got a problem Some of the people that I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: vlXrA.png (179 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
vlXrA.png
179 KB, 400x400
Hey /tg/ I've got a problem

Some of the people that I've met say D&D is a good game. We all know that D&D was based on anime which really fucking sucks, so I highly doubt that D&D could ever be good.

My real problem is that I was enjoying a perfect game of Vampire the Másqúérádé the other night and some fucking ignorant white male tried to talk to me out of character at the quad. Needless to say I ignored him, but he became indignant and threatened my safety with his objectionable behavior.

The campus police apprehended him, as they are paid to do with my tuition, but I don't believe he was charged.

What is the best way to ensure that this brute will no longer trouble our Kíndréd? I have considered elaborating upon the situation to ensure that the "police" (as they call themselves) think much of the altercation.

Thank you, /tg/. If it weren't for your quests to give me solace in the evenings I do not know what hell I would be trapped within.

-The Last True Man
>>
I recognize your satire, but have no strong feelings about it.
>>
Well, at least you're right about D&D being a shit game.
>>
Nice b8 m80
>>
5/10. 5/5 for content, 0/5 for believability.
>>
>>46155260
>We all know that D&D was based on anime
No, D&D was originally based on the works of Geoffrey Chaucer. Gygax originally wanted all the sinful clerics and paladins to end up in Satan's asshole, just like the friars in the Canterbury Tales, but Arneson prevented him from doing it. You can still see the remnants of the old, weirder editions of D&D in some of the monsters in the original Monstrous Manual, not to mention the demonic imagery on the front of the first D&D manuals.

Players were originally going to explore hell, but this got changed into generic dungeons just before release, especially in light of the Christian Panic surrounding Dungeons and Dragons. We've lost a lot of the original drafts, so few can say what the game would have looked like if Gygax had been allowed to go ahead with it.
>>
File: bait7.png (24 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait7.png
24 KB, 625x626
>>
>>46155283
>I need to troll

You should see a doctor.
>>
>>46155352

My post was possibly the first sincere thing said in this thread. The RPG industry owes D&D a lot for its origins, but it was rendered obsolete more than a decade ago. The only reason it's still successful is momentum and brand loyalty.
>>
>>46155366
Please, go see a doctor.
Do you honestly think anyone cares how buttflustered you are unless you pay them?
>>
>>46155377
>help help I'm angry and that means everyone but me is mentally ill
I think I know which one of you should make an appointment
>>
>>46155281
>>
>>46155341
psssst, it's bait.
>>
>>46155512
Pssst, so is that
>>
File: 1205266975946.gif (168 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
1205266975946.gif
168 KB, 256x144
>>46155761
Fucking vampire players god damn
>>
>>46155366
When 4e was on it's way out I might have agreed with you. The brand was split between 3e and 4e fans, both of who hated the others product and the last few books were pretty crap.

But now 5e is out and seems to be pretty universally liked. So I don't really see how it's "obsolete."
>>
>>46156039
>But now 5e is out and seems to be pretty universally liked.

5e is really bloody bland and generic. It's not a bad game but it's really taken no chances at all. It didn't really get many 4e fans on board as a result as it moved back from the stuff that 4e had done to explore new options.
>>
>>46156058
>4rry posting on 4chan
>2016
Your time is over
>>
File: 1458431565259.jpg (59 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1458431565259.jpg
59 KB, 500x501
>>46155260
>>
>>46156058
I dunno. The background options and Inspirations are pretty great.

I do kind of miss each class getting AEDU Powers, but they could be a logistical problem, especially if you don't have a printer.
>>
>>46156224
And if you're a retard
>>
>>46155341
huh. So apparently that's a pasta now.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.