[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bootlegging/Recasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: lp_caa_recast1.jpg (60 KB, 640x322) Image search: [Google]
lp_caa_recast1.jpg
60 KB, 640x322
Hey /tg/ what are your thoughts on bootlegging/recasting Miniatures?

I don't see much problem with me doing it to bulk out amy size for games, specially as i customize them a bit.
I don't re-sell the miniatures.
I hate the idea of forking out a bunch of cash for something im going to hack up and mutilate, it just feels weird to me.

Like buying a new car, Then horribly welding a picket fence to the side of it, draping chains off the back, scratching up the paintwork to make it look rusty and putting skulls everywhere.

Some peoples mileage may vary though.
I can understand people disliking re-casts sold online.

Would you have a problem playing against someone who had a squad of re-cast figures?

Have you any storys about shitty recasts?

Do you feel as awkward as i do sinking that razor sharp scalpel through a poor plastic miniature's arm so you can sculpt it at a different angle?

Am i the scum killing table top gaming?
>>
As long as you don't sell them, it is my firm belief that you're allowed to do as you please with your property, so no, you're dodgy but not scum.
>>
File: we need to cook.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
we need to cook.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>46155059
Casting is basically another hobby again - it's super fun and pretty rewarding.

As far as the ethical and moral issues of recasting go its pretty much just based around personal use. i.e. just don't sell them.

Myself I make miniatures and models out of all sorts of unusual things, mostly because I enjoy it, and partly because I paint like a colour blind with parkinson's.
>>
Revived.
>>
I have bought plenty of recasts, and they have worked out for me. I personally have nothing against saving money, and if someone uses minis they have recasted I am fine with that. While doing so falls into a legally dubious area due to lobbyists from Hollywood throwing money at politicians as usual, no one will really care unless you are selling them to others. I imagine that if you flaunt the fact that you are using recasts in front of the store owners, they may be perturbed as they want you to buy the figures that they are selling.

What matters it that everything looks nice and that there is some clear effort put into assembling and painting your figures. What is really a crime is when some 14 year old walks in with an army that he has spray painted blue and nothing else.
>>
I do a fair bit of recasting myself, and have even sold some recast of out of print models. Last year I did a batch of 4th edition daemonettes for a guy at my LGS, made a fair bit of dosh off it too. I don't feel bad about it in the least because they cannot be obtained through GW anymore, thus I'm not "stealing income" from the company.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.