[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AD&D 2nd Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1457469570521.jpg (581 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1457469570521.jpg
581 KB, 1600x1600
I want to DM a game using the system (why the hell not) can someone recommend any house rules or better yet a module I should definitely run
>>
>>46154384
check out all the class handbooks
kits are the bomb
>>
Spider Farm on Dragonsfoot can be run with 2E. Runs okay and is a nice module to drop in to start players off with.

Houserules? Hmm. Not sure. But don't throw everything at the game first session. Maybe introduce weapon speeds to initiative when you have a handle on the system. Same for weapon vs armour type.

Don't allow any and every single splatbook. Create a campaign world/idea and provide a selection of choices for that world.

You can keep 2E BECMI Redbox simple and dial it up with the "optional" bits in the PHB.
>>
>>46154411
Ooo can you recommend me a few, the fighter book
>>
>>46154441
>>46154411
Can you recommend some kits, I've checked the fighter manual and the beserker seems to be the only decent one.
>>
>>46154441
All the main class ones and Humanoids

>>46154453
Really? I always liked the Swashbuckler. They were more about style than being especially effective, the idea was really to fluff up your character beyond just "thug with sword".
>>
>>46154453
Beserker seemed a bit droll to me.
A 10 minute charge up time is sorta weak.
For better variety, look at the Dark Sun Gladiator Handbook and see what parts you can translate to a Fighter.
>>
>>46154466
My nigger
>Gets 2 weapon proficiencies extra, starting with 6
>has to put half of them in fencing blades, but that's what you want (you can spend 2 for the whole small group of all fencing weapons or 3 for all bladed weapons and then specialize specialize specialize)
>Gets a bonus to AC when lightly armored, can still wear full plate
>can learn the thieves skills at no penalty
>has roleplaying obligations but gets a bonus when dealing with the opposite gender

Since he really doesn't have drawbacks, it's up to the GM to put him in a rough spot, time after time, but that's what you want.
>>
>>46154384
>can someone recommend any house rules
Natural 20s do double damage, no confirm.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.