[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so special about rings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1439518277.jpg (41 KB, 390x306) Image search: [Google]
1439518277.jpg
41 KB, 390x306
What's so special about rings?
>>
>>46153871
>Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
>Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
>Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
>One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
>In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
>One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
>One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
>In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

In all seriousness, rings represent word and promise. Wedding bands are lifelong contracts, seals are the marks of noblemen on their agreements. A ring is binding, its unending loop representing unbroken oath.
>>
>>46153871
You can have 10 10th-level Spells ready for casting whenever you want.
>>
well i can only speak about nordic-ish cultures but rings were often given out by a jarl(king-ish/warlord guy) to his semi-important underlings.
it was both a sign of office, a contract, and worst case scenario an emergency stash of cash on your hand XD (im oversimplifying it here)
>>
File: RingsoftheMandarin.jpg (256 KB, 623x617) Image search: [Google]
RingsoftheMandarin.jpg
256 KB, 623x617
>>46153871
they're bitchin'
>>
They are really easy to make and convenient to carry around since you don't have to worry about them getting in the way, dangling everywhere or falling off, you can have a lot and still not really impede yourself and are also easy to protect if they are important (I mean it's as simple as protecting your hands) they are the most convenient and subtle form of jewelry without having to pierce your flesh.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.