[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get "the itch", don't even care what game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: hello darkness my old friend.jpg (28 KB, 599x521) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.jpg
28 KB, 599x521
>get "the itch", don't even care what game or what character, gotta play something
>check out recruitment threads on GitP forums
>filled with threads of "I made this build of a dual-class artificer-alchemist and I want someone to GM a game for me" and the like
>fuck that

>try mythweavers
>plenty of games still accepting characters, sketchy players but whatever
>learn new system, get invested in new character, apply to new game, get accepted, get hyped
>three posts from the GM in-game, then nothing
>three weeks later, "sorry guys my home life has been a train wreck, we'll get back on track now"
>two more weeks pass, nothing
>GM archives the forum without telling anyone

>repeat process ad infinitum

Help me 4chan. How do I just play a single fucking game.

Alternatively, game feels thread.
>>
Look in a game finder thread
>tfw no gamefinder thread anon!

So make one
>tfw the first few posts are not games I know

Keep looking...
>tfw I get rejected!

Oh sorry m8 I thought you wanted to play a game, not have everything handed to you on a plate.

KEEP TRYING
>>
>>46153768
Honestly? Internet people are too flaky for me, my friends are almost as bad, can only corral them together once in a blue moon, but I wanted to find a gaming group, there wasn't one, so I took a crack at running games for my friends.

No, they don't often have the time, yes it always goes wrong, but I'm not gonna stop, no way, I will make this work.
>>
>>46153841
Hi Mythweaver admin.
>>
>>46153768
Have you tried Roll20?
>>
>friend says "Oh, I wish I could try out this neat paladin build in pathfinder!"
>think for a bit, and offer to run a game in homebrewed setting
>that was in October 2012
>the game just finished with heroic if bittersweet ending on this Saturday

Please be responsible about your character ideas as they make people into foreverDMs.
>>
>>46154210
>FOUR YEARS LATER
I don't know ifI should be horrified or impressed.
Give us details. What was the setting? The plot? How many people died?
>>
>>46154222
Hmm, I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll post excerpts here and probably do a full writeup in a separate thread.

The excerpts include flying cities, monsters all over the ground, wizard politics, superweapons, and then fae bullshit. Everything became (or rather, always was) fae bullshit.

The players loved it; a day later they're still talking about the cool stuff that happened and what the characters would do in their epilogues in greater detail.
>>
Become GM

Play a whole bunch of characters, and become the primary means of playing games
>>
>>46153852
Are you me?

You're me.
>>
>>46154291
Hijack this sadshow.
>>
>>46154210
I really hope to be in that situation some day.

My party has played my campaign five times in the past year, and only recently have I gotten them to let me write them personalities beyond murderhobo. We'll get through this together, step by step.

Also I'm with
>>46154564
He's already been helped.
>>
>>46154291
Oh hey, I found the initial thread on /tg/ asking for help.
https://warosu.org/tg/thread/S21067044#p21067044
>>
>>46154625
Oh wow
>>
Join a Mush. Online play 24/7, with a large playerbase that pops in and out. A cast of dozens of different PCs, interweaving plotlines, and detailed settings. It's pretty excellent.

Here's my current favourite, it's oWoD, with mages, changelings, vampires, and shifters. Some interesting plots, active storytellers, and a great bunch of players.
http://wiki.shelteringcolorado.com/
And here's the client I use to play on
http://www.gammon.com.au/downloads/dlmushclient.htm

and finally, here's a website with links to fucking LOADS of different servers, so you can find one you like.
http://mudstats.com/
>>
>>46154881
Assuming you're not bullshitting, that might be what OP needs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.