[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Low Level Adventures for DnD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: ForgottenRealmsMap.jpg (6 MB, 4763x3185) Image search: [Google]
ForgottenRealmsMap.jpg
6 MB, 4763x3185
Hi all, looking to DM my first game, to get a feel for it, and am looking for any adventure suggestions. Preferably low level (level 1 would be best) and basically an adventure that doesn't involve too many ingredients in one soup.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>46148328
I'm guessing you're playing 5th edition? In that case I'd recommend Lost Mine of Phandelver, which is from the starter set. It has a few "ingredients", but they are easy to skip/mod.

mega:///#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g
>Adventures/Starter Set
>>
Skip the first two PC levels. You and your party will thank me later.

Nobody enjoys playing level 1 and 2 characters. Nobody enjoys DMing for level 1 and 2 characters. All level 1 and 2 characters of the same level are almost identical and have such little health that they can die in incredibly anticlimactic ways.

Nobody likes killing kobolds and goblins for the millionth time. Just skip it.
>>
We will be playing 2nd edition, don't know if that changes much
>>
File: hodline biabi.jpg (34 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
hodline biabi.jpg
34 KB, 604x604
>>46149372
As long as everyone knows the gameplay basics and how to play their class, this is bretty gud advice
>>
>>46148328
I'm digging Legacy of the Crystal Shard. It's level 1-3 and can be ran in 3.5, 4e and Next/5e.
>>
>>46149372
Not everyone is a DnD veteran, of course. Surely you wouldn't begrudge a beginner his first kobold kill.
>>
have small groups of terrain appropriate enemies. Make sure the fight occurs where there is known to be allies within help range so you don't break fourth wall when they come in to help out if needed.
>>
>>46149440
U wot
>>
>>46149440
It's Keep on the Borderlands for you, bucko.
>>
>>46150670
>you don't break fourth wall when they come in to help out if needed.
That's not breaking the 4th wall. Breaking the 4th wall would be the characters demonstrating awareness that they are in a roleplaying game.
>>
>>46149440
Assault on Raven Ruin, my players had a great time with that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.