[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been playing Zelda and it's been getting me thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: FOR GOD'S SAKE OPEN THE BOTTLE.jpg (410 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
FOR GOD'S SAKE OPEN THE BOTTLE.jpg
410 KB, 600x800
I've been playing Zelda and it's been getting me thinking about how important bottles are.
What other things are vital adventurer equipment?
>>
>>46146765
Ten foot pole

Rope

Parchment

Ink

Quill

Sewing Kit
>>
File: senshi complaining.png (182 KB, 686x696) Image search: [Google]
senshi complaining.png
182 KB, 686x696
Some cooking equipment, dining utensils, and a few simple ingredients are nice. Salt, Butter, and a few veggies can make all the difference.
Just because you're saving the world doesn't mean you should just eat whatever dried meat you buy at the goblin market or strange fruit you find in the creepy forest.
>>
>>46146765
Lockpicks and stuff only made to be sold. Most vidya have the latter bu few tabletops have it.
>>
I always bring some chalk and some bells
>>
>>46146765
Pitons, pulleys, rope.
>>
>>46147055
>Sewing Kit
A shame you have no ranks in sewing
>>
>>46146765
A surgeon's kit and and alchemy kit for brewing potions and blade oils from monster body parts.

Parchment, ink and quill.

Rope. NEVER leave for an adventure without at least 50 feet of good, strong rope.

If you want to live off the land, traps are a must.
>>
You are all now suddenly aware that your standard 50 feet of rope is actually kind of useless because you forgot to pack pitons.
>>
>>46147055
>Ten foot pole

This always strikes me as pretty useless. A pole of that length isn't easy to carry around because of its size, depending on its thickness the weight can also become a problem. It gets in the way while climbing, jumping, fighting, dodging and generally doing adventurer stuff. It probably can't activate many traps and in some cases it might even endager you.

I don't know, if you really want something to test for traps something like a Ball and Chain seems more reasonable to me.
>>
>>46155381
It's not actually a solid 10 ft piece. It's probably like a pool cue, where you can unscrew it into little pieces.
>>
>>46152934
Pfft, as if. You're forgetting the primary purpose of rope - binding things!
With rope, you can take prisoners, fasten large and unwieldy things, create basic machinery/tools and much more!
>>
>>46146765
LAMP OIL
ROPE
BOMBS
>>
Bempbempbempbempbempbemp
>>
That's why you make it telescopic, or make it so that it unscrews into small pieces.
>>
>>46146765
condoms
>>
Rations. Iodine tabs. Salt. Strong knife with a point, a partly serated blade, and a strong pommel. A telescoping rod. A pry bar. A small hatchet. A spade. a deck of cards. A backpack. A change of underwear. A poncho, tent, tarp, sleeping roll. Cooking pots. Firelighters. A Compass. A Map of the Region. Goggles. A hat with broad brim. A Canteen. Sturdy boots. Strong thin cordage, but in most low tech settings, 50 feet of rope is huge and heavy. But if you have modern materials or elven rope why stop at 50 feet?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.