[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YO DOG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 7698-dice-in-dice2_sh_1.jpg (60 KB, 1103x569) Image search: [Google]
7698-dice-in-dice2_sh_1.jpg
60 KB, 1103x569
I heard you like dice. So I put dice in your dice so you can roll while you roll.

Should this shit be allowed
>>
>>46144904
Is this a type of d100 or what?
>>
>>46144904
Sure, why not. I have one and it doesn't seem particularly unfair. Could just be my sample, as I haven't really done statistical analysis on it.

You just have to rattle the inner one and shake the big one like any other die, and roll with a wee bit force.

Though I prefer the one that's clear with black on the big one, and red with white on the small one.
>>
File: triple_dice_cube.jpg (32 KB, 600x276) Image search: [Google]
triple_dice_cube.jpg
32 KB, 600x276
Those are horrible designs because of the coloured outsides and everything.

Pic related: I have one of these, they're great for GURPS games.
>>
>>46145360
possible unbalanced issues. not only do the inside dice have to be fairly balanced, the outside shell does as well. the thickness should be even throughout and the shape shouldnt be warped in any way that could favor a particular side. then theres the possibility of cheating. the dm and other players cant see the inside die. shit, depending on the design, they might not even be able to see the outside die. it seems like a good idea, i agree, but theres a lot that can be wrong with these
>>
>>46145597
I don't get it. Are those sealed glass or plastic cubes with 3d6 inside? Why would you do that and not just roll 3d6?
>>
>>46145821
and also, supposing the shell is balanced, theres the possibility that it was put together wrong. those dice are halves glued together. the seam would naturally be heavier, but should the halves be bonded just a bit off, it would unbalance the die and make it favor a side. then theres also how much glue or polymer they used on any specific side. i know it sounds autistic and like it doesnt matter. but this is the kind of shit that can make dice too good or too bad. keep it in mind so you can tell the faggot who keeps rolling good or bad with these things to maybe get some normal dice
>>
>>46145851
CONTAINMENT, motherfucker. Those 3d6 are only going as far as the big cube.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.