[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have an original/unique/interesting superpowers thread,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 38046_comics_superheroes.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
38046_comics_superheroes.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Let's have an original/unique/interesting superpowers thread, since I need ideas for a campaign I'll be running soon. Bonus points if they are something of a double-edged sword.

Powers I have so far:
>PERPETUAL SLOW-MO
>Experience the world in slow-motion, but you can never turn it off. Your speed is still constrained by what is physically possible, but you have near-perfect reflexes, balance and reaction times, can dodge gunfire, etc. However, most interaction with the world becomes impossible. If someone is speaking to you, it will take a minute for them to get through their first syllable.

>VARIABLE OMNISCIENCE
>Innate understanding and immediate calculation of all the mathematical factors in the world. Perfect prediction of almost everything that is going to happen, but this includes your own actions - you no longer have free will and can no longer be surprised by anything. You are essentially just following a script.

>HYPERSENSITIVITY
All of your senses are heightened to absurd degrees. Raindrops sound like gunshots. Gunshots sound like atomic bombs. To function, you must 'mute' your senses by using blinders, headphones, etc. However, if you find a way to manage the drawbacks, you can hear someone whispering from halfway across the country.
>>
How's these?

MIDAS TOUCH - A classic. Turn EVERYTHING you touch into gold, save for solutions. You have to eat all your food in liquid form. You CAN wear gloves to keep the power from activating on everything, but these gloves will turn to unmoving, solid gold. In fact, that makes all regular clothing impossible to use. You have to walk around in gold body armor. The obvious pros are intense wealth and a OHKO touch attack.

TRUE FORM - Can turn any creature into its soul's true form (and back). This is some more-or-less randomly chosen creature. It could be a dragon, a crocodile, Charles Barkley, etc. The con? Whoever has this ability's own true form is something nigh useless in combat like a little girl or a puppy.

BINDING CONTRACT - As long as all parties freely choose to sign, they will be bound to follow whatever is in any agreement this person writes up (If they don't, mind control will force them to). Any contract, however, can be taken to the courts of the land. Whatever the courts rule goes.

IGNORANCE - What you don't know won't hurt you. Surprise attacks and the like literally phase right through you. However, non-violent illusions can also become deadly. That is, you could be stabbed to death easily with a rubber knife if you believed it to be real. Walking around blindfolded / with earplugs makes you immune to most harm.
>>
TIME CREATION - create ten seconds of new time spliced between two other seconds, like splicing in a frame of film between two other frames. All immediate actions of combatants and such are reverted to a neutral state. Anything done in the ten seconds carries over into regular time, such as attacking an enemy, killing someone, damaging the environment, etc.

Look at it like this

[x][y][z] where [y] is the ten seconds of new time. Had [y] not been made, [x] would flow to [z] normally. Anything done in [y] carries over into [z], and can interrupt anything that might have normally happened in [z], or help it along.
>>
>>46145934
So...King Crimson?
>>
>>46146070
King Crimson deletes time, doesn't create it. Keeps the result, removes the cause. This can create a whole new bunch of causes.
>>
http://futharkgeneratorphp.nfshost.com

A tool created by Weaver Dice players to help make powers.

Enjoy.
>>
>>46142820
Not superpowers but Touhou is full of weird/unique abilities, recommend for inspiration.
>>
File: K1JEKoq.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
K1JEKoq.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1080
>>46142820
I love this type of wallpapers

Also an interesting power would be the power to have a voice that can always be heard no matter how much noise there is
>>
Total indestructibly, but that's it.

Consider combining with super strength or a cannon for immensely powerful projectiles.

You could also probably just run at a bank vault until it breaks open.Or walk through a wall until you push through it.
>>
>>46147732
Since when does indestructibility make you able to walk through walls? You're still just a dude.
>>
>>46147758
I think anon means you're basically the unstoppable object, but said something different.

Still, even if you were totally indestructible, punch a wall enough with your invincible fists, it'll break. Even if it takes over a hundred years.
>>
>>46147758
Yes, but the wall can't hurt you back. So you can just keep running at that wall until it falls down. Because you're never going to.

You could go a step further and say that because you can't be harmed, none of the force of your running into the wall can be directed back at you. So you're also doubling the amount of damage a running human being can do to a wall. That would also mean that you could just push through it eventually.
>>
RED LIGHT;

Power is to stop moving relative to the planet at will.

PRO:
>Jump off building
>Activate power
>Stop an inch from the ground with no adverse affects

CON:
>Be on a train
>Activate power
>You and everything between you and the back of the train have stopped going half the speed of sound

Or just have the power to match velocity with the object of your choosing. Same pros and cons, but now you can accelerate relative to the planet too.
>>
>>46143670
Ignorance sounds like a good basis for a campaign honestly.
>>
>>46143670

>binding contract
One of the big bass in my Mutants and Masterminds game has this. Best part was combining with a Lex Luthor style persona. Make deals with people in his civilian identity to aid his masked one. Thus far the team doesn't know his civilian mask, and also don't know they already failed the save they need 3 sessions back. I look forward to the chaos that will ensue when one of the team members just won't fight.
>>
>>46142820
I've always been a fan of an Inventory. It's pretty simple, but I've never seen it explored in a story where it's not the standard for people: that is, an earth-like setting where one character has the ability to instantly send things into a pocket dimension/stasis with a touch, and recall them just as easily. More/bigger/sentient things are difficult to 'voip' away, or even require concentration to keep them held. The passage of time is halted for any item in the inventory, so food can stay fresh, clothes stay wet, grenades stay cooked, etc.
Anything that is stored and later withdrawn manifests in the same point of contact on the character's body; so 'voip'ing a held baseball meant when you drew it back out, it would be in that same hand. Likewise, worn clothes/helmets/boots would disappear and reappear on the appropriate part of the body.

Ultimately, makes for a character who is still entirely human, but can get huge yield out of creative item usage and prep time; things like always having a loaded parachute just in case, or effortlessly popping on and off Rollerblades for travel/speed, especially not having to deal with the laborious task of strapping up and unstrapping them.
>>
File: The one true god.jpg (224 KB, 1600x902) Image search: [Google]
The one true god.jpg
224 KB, 1600x902
>>46152376
>>
File: Non-Euclidean Sexual Assault.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Non-Euclidean Sexual Assault.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
>>46142820
The power to force people to imitate the poses in pin-up posters. May not seem that powerful until you start using pictures that are off-model or feature impossible contortions.
>>
My favorite character power is from a pc I madeup in GURPS, he was called 'Captain Happy Pops'. He had the ability to telekinetically / Telepathically to manipulate the centres of the brain of anyone (even via television) he could see and give them a high powered pleasure hit. He could only do it by shooting them with his 'finger gun'.
>>
>>46143670
You can still use cuttlery to eat, they will turn to gold but whatever.
>>
>>46152376

This plus rpg elements basically describes the plot of The Gamer: basically, he's a mage but his magic manifests as turning his life into a korean MMORPG.
>>
File: eclectus-parrot.jpg (34 KB, 672x242) Image search: [Google]
eclectus-parrot.jpg
34 KB, 672x242
he Power to Mimic any sound you have previously heard, from bird calls to engines to the screams of cthulu.
Would lend itself naturally to ventriloquism
>>
>Protection from Depression.
Alternatively,
>Unending Motivation
>>
>SCENTS THE FUTURE
>At will, you may smell aromatic components in nearby locations if they would exist there in the near future. As you gain experience using this power, you may register smells in the farther future, and with more distinctive clarity.
>SCENTS THE FUTURE may also register a smell if you're sniffing for a particular scent while exploring an area, allowing you to guesstimate when that smell would actually transpire in real time.

>Your other clairvoyant friends give you shit for this power and fuck with you whenever they get a chance. Like Janice, she can see the future, so when she sees the big guy Norman, the audiovoyant, giggling to himself when he comes into the room 2 minutes from now, she saw that 15 minutes before that, he just got done eating like 3 Gordita Supremes. So with her wily ruse, she asks you if the candle she just bought is going to be too overbearing for this room, so being the nice guy you are you smell a future where she lights the candle, but end up gagging from Norman's flatulence because he's planning on hot-boxing the room you're in.
>>
>>46143670
>BINDING CONTRACT - As long as all parties freely choose to sign, they will be bound to follow whatever is in any agreement this person writes up (If they don't, mind control will force them to). Any contract, however, can be taken to the courts of the land. Whatever the courts rule goes.
Yes.
>>
>>46152376
Like gilgamesh?
>>
>>46153059
what the fuck am i even looking at.
>>
>>46142820
This was an idea I've been tooling around with for a while:

Ability to alter the density and weight of their own body or any object the same size or smaller that they are directly touching. Sounds mundane at first, but it's basically a license to mess with Newton's Laws to disastrous effects. Make your fist light as a feather until the moment before impact, then make it denser than depleted uranium. Make your whole body light to leap tall buildings, then heavy at the last minute for a ground-pound. Grab someone and make them light enough to toss across the room, then heavy as a rock a millisecond before they leave your grasp so they hit with enough force to smash through a wall. Make a steel ball lighter than a grain of sand as you throw it until the moment before it leaves your hand, so it strikes like a bullet.
>>
>>46153865

"Why look at this fine steak at the end of my fork...hopefully it won't touch my teeth, tongue, throat, stomach, intestine, or anus as it passes through my body..."
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.