[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tarot Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: french_tarot_tarock.jpg (360 KB, 2091x1495) Image search: [Google]
french_tarot_tarock.jpg
360 KB, 2091x1495
All right, /tg/, who here plays best card game, pic related?

>tfw you get dealt the fool, the 1 trump, and the 21 trump in a single hand. GOAT.jpg
>>
I've never played Tarot, but have wanted to. How is it? For context, I've played quite a bit of Spades and some Hearts.
>>
Waiting on a JJBA part 3 tarot deck, that shit would be perfect
>>
>>46136191
Shieeeet son, I've spent all my college years and most of my high school playing this during lunch break.
Where're you from, by the way? Didn't know this was popular outside France.
>>46137655
The rules are simple, but the metagame takes a bit of getting used to. It's most fun when there's five players.
On the whole, I'd say it's not much fun if there's a clear skill gap between players, but I suppose that's true of most card games.
>>
>>46138266
Unfortunately only like a third of the stands in part three at all match their arcana.
>>
>>46138535
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
>>
>>46139037
>the moon denotes illusions and mystery
It's a fish-man
>the emperor denotes Structure and authority
it's a gun
>the empress denotes beauty, nature, and fertility
It's a gross wart person.
>>
>>46139869
On the other hand, some of them are spot on. Like Strength being an Orangutang with immense mental power, Strength being all about willpower and courage, not actual physical might.

But yea most of them were just dumb.
>>
>>46139893
Looking back on them I'd say it's about 50/50
>the star denotes creativity and ingenuity.
>Literally every problem it is used to solve is solved with punching.
>>
OP Here.

>>46137655

It's a much simpler trick-taker than, e.g. Bridge, but definitely more complex than Spades or Hearts. Kind of perfect in that respect, really.

This arises from the fact that most of the cards are worthless "filler" and while you get fractional points for taking them in tricks, all the real points are found from taking tricks with face-cards, from playing the Fool (l'excuse), and from tricks containing the Dog (1 trump) and the World (21 trump).

>>46138358

Nebraska and Indiana. Likewise mostly played throughout my schoolin' years (along with similar quantities of Maj Jongg).
>>
>>46138266
Funny enough ,the tarot used in Stardust Crusaderis the Tarot of Marseille and the grampa in my neighborhood play that shit everyday and I hear them saying "haha you can't do shit against The World " and I imagine what would be their reaction if I showed them JJBA
>>
>>46136191
>best card game
But King Mao uses a standard 52 card deck (most of the time). What the fuck are you play- oh you just misspoke. Sorry, carry on with your "almost best" card game.
>>
>>46139869
Dark Blue Moon's user was disguised as someone else.
The Empress manifests as a living organism, not just a ghostly presence.
The Emperor's bullets, rather than moving wherever physics deem they should, go where Hol Horse makes them go, by sheer force of will.
>>46139980
Star Platinum's user uses his own creativity and ingenuity to get himself within punching range, like using its speed to block a knife in the DIO fight but making it look like he was it.
Or look at his poker game against the elder D'arby: his strategy was predicated on a specific bluff: is Star Platinum fast enough to switch out Jotaro's shit hand (engineered by D'arby) for a winning one without D'arby noticing? From there, D'arby had only three outcomes available. Either he calls the bluff, SP isn't fast enough, D'arby wins and wipes out the entire party in one shot OR he calls the bluff, SP is fast enough and DP loses his soul, then DIO kills him for incompetence, OR he folds, DIO kills him for cowardice. Two of three possible futures end in death. D'arby considers himself rightly fucked and ends up admitting defeat inwardly, which is enough for his Stand to turn on him.
>>
File: Persona d6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Persona d6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
This system, along with being rad, makes use of d6 for post-combat resolution rewards.
>>
>>46143414
Tarot cards, not d6. I'm sleepy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.