[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asshats in space Worldbuilding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 21
File: VNuY_cmB.jpg (165 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
VNuY_cmB.jpg
165 KB, 1252x1252
I'm putting together a setting for my next game as the one I'm running winds down, and I'm looking for good stuff to include in terms of story elements/mechanics/cool shit to make the setting fun and memorable. We use gurps and my players are veterans of the system, so I can make nearly anything work. The general setting is exploration based sci-fi focused on the isolation of space and, in contrast, dealing with the party and unfamiliar situations presented by stopping off in uncharted sytsems and such on the journey. A lot of what I have already is heavily inspired by no man's sky and Roger dean paintings. I want to give my players a feeling of uncertainty you get from exploration, that rides a thin line between wonder and horror, and can easily be steered either way. I'm mainly looking for space horror and cool space shit I can have them encounter in between the chunks of plot for pacing reasons. General space related world building discussion and collaboration is welcomed too. any ideas for me /tg/?
>>
File: fantasyart_1349047405_34.png (3 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
fantasyart_1349047405_34.png
3 MB, 1680x1050
I'll be shamelessly posting images that fit my universe's aesthetic in the meantime.
>>
File: 1434567347-no-mans-sky.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1416) Image search: [Google]
1434567347-no-mans-sky.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1416
feel free to conribute cool pics too
>>
>>
File: moebius_24.jpg (170 KB, 1023x693) Image search: [Google]
moebius_24.jpg
170 KB, 1023x693
no one? c'mon, I can't be the only one trying to run a good space setting.
>>
File: moebius-18.jpg (147 KB, 1000x469) Image search: [Google]
moebius-18.jpg
147 KB, 1000x469
RN I'm working on scary ass scenarios that my players can get into on the ship, in space, or planetside. the majority of planets don't have intelligent life on them, though many are inhabited in some form. Most of th stuff I can think of seems done to death. I've put together a few though:
>> A wrecked barge in deep space that comes up on scanners during FTL. no distress beacon, no visible hull damage, nothing. if they choose to board and scavenge, they are confronted with an empty, dead ship, no bodies, no power, nothing, like the whole crew up and left. depending on how much investigating they do, they find freeze dried corpses on the loading bay of the cargo hold wiht people huddled around their stuff. I need to figure out a good way of conveying things are off without being heavy handed though.
>>
>> they land on terran-compatible planet to scavenge some supplies and possibly fuel. if they forage food successfully, they find a bush that bears non-toxic, nutritious, tasty fruit. said fruit is a stimulant and conveys small bonuses when ingested. eat too much though, and terrifying hallucinations follow, with your character unaware they are under the influence. depending on their capitalization of said fruit, it may become a problem much later than they expect (you can take biological samples and cultivate them if your ship has appropriate systems)
>>
File: moebius_04.jpg (448 KB, 1178x782) Image search: [Google]
moebius_04.jpg
448 KB, 1178x782
I want shipbuilding to be a focus of the campaign and manning parts of the ship being vital to combat. if anyone knows of a system for implementing large scale ship combat that doesn't require quadratic equations or a billion nitpicky rules I'm all ears
>>
File: roger dean photo.jpg (375 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
roger dean photo.jpg
375 KB, 1600x1000
I also love the way moebius depicts space and space travel. previous pics related
>>
File: Freyja's_Castle.jpg (34 KB, 491x325) Image search: [Google]
Freyja's_Castle.jpg
34 KB, 491x325
>>
File: Creature.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Creature.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>
>>
File: gunship.jpg (135 KB, 1300x673) Image search: [Google]
gunship.jpg
135 KB, 1300x673
I'm running out of cool space pics. Guess no one's interested so I'll dump a few more and check in later i guess
>>
>>
File: ZvwKfJI.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ZvwKfJI.jpg
271 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: jean-giraud-aka-moebius-hunter.jpg (1 MB, 1000x853) Image search: [Google]
jean-giraud-aka-moebius-hunter.jpg
1 MB, 1000x853
>>
File: alien-sketch_crashedSpaceship.jpg (55 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
alien-sketch_crashedSpaceship.jpg
55 KB, 640x434
>>
>>
>>
File: 1275539612108.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1275539612108.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
thats all for now. I'll check in later. feel free to post your favorite space pics and best space worldbuilding
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.