[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jyhad/Vampire: the Eternal Struggle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: jyhad-vtes-card-backs.jpg (20 KB, 240x184) Image search: [Google]
jyhad-vtes-card-backs.jpg
20 KB, 240x184
Anybody here ever play this? Was it actually one of the best trading card games ever, or just overcomplicated bullshit that only survived till 2010 due to goths?

...and how stupid was it for me to buy a booster box of it on a whim?
>>
>>46132188

Shit was awesome. Used to play it back in high school years ago. I *think* there's still a fair amount of people who still play it, especially if you go to conventions.
>>
It still is one of the better multiplayer games I've ever played. Excellent time. You may want starters though, just to make sure you have a decent selection of vamps in faction concentrations.
>>
>>46132774
Damn, I thought that a box would have more than enough commons to build playable decks, and that the starters were unnecessary.
>>
Oh man, I had a box of these but they got tossed by family. (They didn't freak over the name, just senile)

I liked it, but I never got the hang of the management aspect
>>
The weirdos over at the Elder Kindred Network still produce new cards and expansions, play tested with commissioned art. (Player printed of course) They also organise events and tournament. Mainly in Europe.

The game and community survives in the shadows and cracks of the internet, it's quite an apt existence if you ask me.

I wonder what the legality of what they do in regards to new sets is, considering White Wolf's departure from ownership of the rights.
>>
Now that's a blast from the past. I started getting into it back when it was called Jyhad, but dropped it maybe a year or two later because people my age group weren't really playing it. It's pretty decent, but from what I've heard it really shines with more than two.
>>
Soooo, I know there's been rumors to the point where it's not really funny anymore, but a friend of mine, who I used to play the game with, sent me this survey.
http://moje-ankiety.pl/respond-82422.html
Interpret that however you would like.
>>
>>46139073
Well Paradox did just buy out White Wolf a few months ago. There's a greater chance now than in years that something might be happening to the franchise.
>>
>>46139073
>http://moje-ankiety.pl/respond-82422.html

it's great that the paradox is communicating with the VEKN
i have tentative hopes for the future
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.