[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turbo Kid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: The water - it's people.jpg (131 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
The water - it's people.jpg
131 KB, 720x1080
What did /tg/ think of pic related?

I thought the 80s motif was goofy, but fun. It kept me entertained, enough.
>>
Op here, mostly wondering if it is going to get the /tg/ seal of approval.
>>
>>46129808
I wanted to run a setting based off that, Six String Samurai, and After the End mod for ck2
>>
>>46129808
I'm so behind on the movies and TV these days.
>>
Literally never heard of it. Looks neat. ANyone seen it?
>>
>>46129846
That would be cool. I haven't seen six string. Worth the watch, or just cool setting?
>>
>>46130069
Op here.

It's post apoc setting where water is scarce. An orphaned kid is obsessed with Turbo Rider comics and he meets a new friend. I don't want to give away any plot here...It's a bit goofy with the gore and convenient plot stuff, but still a good movie.
>>
>>46130078
It's a fun b-movie, but it's not for everyone
>>
>>46130118
So kinda like a Zombieland take on Mad Max?
>>
>>46130040
I feel ya. I saw this on Netflix when I had to work Saturday morning and put it on in the background for kicks. Then I sort of took twice as long at work because I was watching the movie.
>>
>>46130146
Hmmmm...Somewhat. It has a lot of fun being a parody of 80s action movies with child heroes.
>>
>>46130078
Buddy Holly fights Russian Army Choir & Slash to take up the mantle of one true king of rock'n'roll all to the soundtrack by the best soviet rockabilly band.
If you like either of those things then yes film is amazing considering that it was made on nonexistent budget.
>>
I thought it was fun.
>>
It's a lot more schlocky than I hoped it would be. I know that sounds like an odd thing to say given the kind of movie I should expect, but I was hoping it was going to go much more for the genuine attempt at being a weird 80s movie. However, the action in the end felt too far off the end of "we're cheap and rather than hide it we'll just label it as a parody" and had a few too many wink wink nod nod moments.
>>
File: SS.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
>>46129808

1. The artist made Ironside look like John Wayne.
2. 6-string Samurai is a fuckawesome classic.
3. I don't watch direct-to-discount-bin juvenile fiction because I'm not a child or a paedophile. You DO know the authorities can trace your IP from here, right OP?
>>
>>46129808
I think you missed >>>/tv/
>>
>>46135328
>3. I don't watch direct-to-discount-bin juvenile fiction because I'm not a child or a paedophile. You DO know the authorities can trace your IP from here, right OP?

I laughed a bit
>>
It's good, I'd even say really likable.
>>
>>46129808
Good stuff.
>>
Really fun movie. Made me feel pumped and excited.
>>
It was amusing. Yandere android waifu...
>>
>>46139420
...and an excellent villain.
>>
I liked it a lot and had a laugh with the whole "mad max with bicycles" thing.
>>
>>46134339
>we're cheap and rather than hide it we'll just label it as a parody

I hate that shit. I'm down for campy movies, but there's a certain level of purposeful camp that can turn me right off.

I really hated Kung Fury for that reason while all of my friends loved the shit out of it. It just felt like it was trying too hard and came off feeling really fake to me.
>>
>>46139551
I thought Kung Fury as way over the top. This, though, had a serious hint to it. Splotches of ridiculosity, though.
>>
>>46139551
>>46139612
You just hate fun.
>>
>>46139641

But anon I don't hate fun. I just like a certain genuineness with my cheesy movies.

To me a good campy/bad movie is one where it feels like they're trying to make a good movie. One where the director is either an incredibly broken or confused person that cannot believe his trainwreck is not a masterpiece, or the director has $5 and a cast and crew consisting of people he fished out of the local YMCA but is still trying his best.
>>
>>46129808
Not the best movie ever but it was pretty decent and miles above that piece of shit Kung Fury.
>>
File: Shadowrun 5.gif (8 MB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun 5.gif
8 MB, 600x334
>>46140010
>piece of shit Kung Fury.
B-but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY
>>
>>46129808
>"It's not for everyone!"

You hear that a lot with this film. In my experience, "It's not for everyone" is generally code-speak for "It's not a good movie but I liked it anyway." It's a dumb film. There are trappings of the 80's here and there, but on the whole it feels like the pet project someone who was born in the late 90's or perhaps even a Millennial.

You can pass this one.
>>
>>46129808
I heard nothing, trailer link?
I'm more stoked for Hardcore Harry now.
>>
>>46140234
The music video was good and the teaser showed potential but the movie came out and it was just watching the trailer again with lots of unfunny filler.
I mean holy shit stuff like Thor flexing for two minutes while quoting outdated may-mays "Epic biceps bro" or whatever it was. There was about two whole decent jokes in the entire movie that weren't in the teaser. I had been waiting for the movie to come out for a year too, I was fucking pumped when I started it up and I was expecting a fun as hell ride and then about halfway through I started to understand it wasn't going to get better and I was in for major disappointment.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.