[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yu-Gi-Oh ! TCG thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
I figured that /tg/ loves Magic too much considering that 1/3 of /tg/ is dedicated to it, so let's have a Yugioh thread.

>Favorite Monster Card
The Creator/Buster Blader
>Favorite Spell
Swords of revealing light
>favorite trap card
Magic Cylinder
>Your deck
Warrior because I'm a faggot who plays a card game aimed at 6 + for fun
>>
>>46123976
People round these parts don't like YGO much for a variety of good reasons
I'd try >>>/vg/ if I were you
>>
>>46123976
>Playing yu gi oh for fun
That's not how you do it
>>
>>46124106
>good reasons

Lol whatever you say, sperglord.
>>
>>46124413
Microtext, absurd power creep, tons of wasted space on the card, rules are a clusterfuck and the company that makes it is openly racist against non jap players
Just to name a few reasons
>>
File: CestreeDMG.jpg (104 KB, 340x563) Image search: [Google]
CestreeDMG.jpg
104 KB, 340x563
>The Creator/Buster Blade
>Swords of revealing light
>Magic Cylinder

That's some old school flavor right there. It's weird, because despite all the power escalation in the game, some of the strongest cards were printed within the first few sets, like Pot of Greed.
Kind of like how in Magic, the creatures and spells are getting bigger and nastier, but the strongest cards are a few rocks and a flower printed in the first set.
>>
File: 1451554554648.jpg (20 KB, 505x530) Image search: [Google]
1451554554648.jpg
20 KB, 505x530
>pendulum monsters
>>
>>46124530

Most of that shit is either non-problems or you making up shit to whine about, or it also applies to M:tG which this board loves "for a variety of good reasons".
>>
>>46124752
Literally none of what I said applies to magic unless you fucking cherry pick ancient cards hat have too much written on them or combos that end up as clusterfucks
As for some of the "nonissues" the tiny font is very much an issue since you need to be able to read a card to play it and the fact that there's so much wasted space with the huge borders on everything only magnifies this problem.
As for the other two issues I pointed out, magic has actually been fucking backsliding in power levels over the past few years and the fact that Konami has a disdain for westerners is undeniable
>>
>>46125078
>M:tG doesn't have power creep
>text on the card is an actual problem

As I suspected, you're some clueless faggot who likes M:tG and hates YGO. Newsflash, I play both and have thousands of dollars worth of Legacy cards from when Black Lotus cost $100 and people couldn't buy cards on the internet.

Not being able to read the text on a card is fucking stupid. You should know what the card does by memory if it's a staple. "Hur dur I don't like the way the card looks" isn't a "good reason" for it to be disliked by a trading card board.
>>
File: winged_dragon_of_ra.png (512 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
winged_dragon_of_ra.png
512 KB, 400x580
>>46125078
>magic has actually been fucking backsliding in power levels over the past few years

>doesn't realize that Eldrazi are a legacy viable deck

Also, if you want to talk about too much card text being a problem, I'm actually going to argue that the opposite problem is true.
>>
>>46125132
I've actually played both and you're completely missing the point of why the small text is a problem. Mainly that you aren't the only person who plays both games and that not everyone has good eyesight. The micron sized text makes the game less accessible to some people which is a BAD thing, and the fact that they waste so much space on LITERALLY nothing when the font size is already so small just adds insult to injury
>>
>>46125175
The god cards are a special case where they thought it would be a good idea to have the rules for what those three cards do a part of the official rules for the game instead of something printed in the card
Also Eldrazi is legacy viable mainly due to eye of ugin and temple
>>
>>46125255
These cost about 2 dollars. If you've got really bad eye sight and somehow can't afford glasses, you can still afford one of these.
>>
It's been a long ass time, OP. BUT...

Exodia was always my favorite. I ran a draw-into Exodia deck for years. I loved using those time capsule cards that allowed you to pull the pieces out of the deck. As far as trap cards? I dunno, I was never too trap heavy. Mirror Force I suppose just because it saved your ass late game. I look back on it and can't help but wish I played more competitively. I always just played casual with family and friends but I'm telling you, Exodia was my nigga.

OBLITERATE!!!
>>
>>46125328
That's not really addressing the problem though, it's only providing an absurd (albeit effective) solution to a problem which should not exist in the first place
>>
>>46125595
>absurd (albeit effective) solution

If it's effective, it's not really absurd, and many stores/tournaments actually keep a jeweler's glass around for checking for counterfeits anyway, so it would hardly be out of place.

Also, while the card text is small, but still readable with normal vision, even if it's not particularly easy. And, typically, a person only really needs to read a card once or twice to know what it does, and any further reading is merely as a reminder. All in all, it seems like a very, very minor gripe that seems to be trying to target something clearly different between Magic and Yugioh, rather than something that's actually a problem.
>>
>>46125942
It is literally the butt of a joke about how small the text on YGO gets. And it IS a problem since, again, not everyone has normal vision and not everyone's memory is so good that they can read a card one or two times and remember what it does forever after that. This problem is made doubly bad by the fact that it would be SUPER fucking easy to change the cards so the text is easily legible for everyone but they dont
>>
File: Purply.png (363 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
Purply.png
363 KB, 308x450
>>46126157
>It is literally the butt of a joke about how small the text on YGO gets.

WHO HAS SUMMONED ME.
>>
File: 1444553152810.gif (779 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444553152810.gif
779 KB, 500x500
>>46124530
>openly racist
>>
>>46125175
>>46125326
The game-legal God cards are a joke.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.