[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borderlands corps in Shadowrun. What happens? For clarification,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 14
Borderlands corps in Shadowrun.
What happens?
For clarification, I mean the gun manufactures specifically.
>>
>>46123647
Shadowrun corps operate on one planet, Borderlands corps operate over several galaxies. The playing field is just a little uneven.
>>
>>46123772
Well yeah but dragons are still a thing.
>>
>>46123647

Shadowrunner teams become Vault Hunters, any corporate actions for or against them take place on a planet to planet basis since Vaults are everywhere.

Even still you could squeeze out 2 more Sirens to make things interesting.
>>
>>46123647
Not gonna lie that thing looks ripped straight out of a Tau army
>>
>>46123772
Borderlands had a really shitty sense of scale. They build up their corps as these galaxy-spanning things and yet one half-assed invasion of a nowhere backwater like Pandora is enough to bankrupt Atlas?

At least Dahl was still a thing, even if they decided that Pandora was a colossal waste of time and money.
>>
>>46123800
>Well yeah but dragons are still a thing.
Dragons are a singular beings, and one of the strongest of their kind was taken down by 21st Century tech.
>>
>>46123924
Vaults are a big deal anon.
Especially when they have what is more or less great dragons. Besides, I think they just mean't they went bankrupt in that specific area of the universe. Not the entire company.
>>
>>46123924
It's because everything Anthony Burch touches turns to shit.
>>
File: Reactive_Incendiary_CC.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Reactive_Incendiary_CC.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>>46123800
Not for long.
>>
>>46123924
I assume it was more just to remove the companies weapons from the game.

Borderlands 2 does a much better job diversifying the companies from one and other, and Atlas' only gimmick was "good at everything" which didn't really gel with the new weapon design ideas.
>>
>>46123924
Well, Hyperion and pretty much every other manufacturing company wanted Atlas out of the game. When Hyperion got access to eridium, I'd assume they got the tools to fuck them over like a business rather than through military might.
>>
>>46123986
You're going to need the corrosive one to do any damage to dragons

Fucking captcha, shredded cheddar cheese is not a French fry
>>
>>46124090
Well yeah but they can always just load up allot of corrosive crap at them for a "shoot it till it dies" strategy. They have resources to spare.
>>
>>46123647
Shadowrun's writing becomes full of SJW-pushing agendas and shitty memes.
>>
>>46123961
Honestly, Anthony Burch did a good job with the humour and the feel of the setting overall I think, and the plot was a lot more engaging than the first game. The part that he totally fucked up in was cramming his socio-political messages into the game they had the least business being in. I like that it's partly a parody of your typical shooter, that's fine, but I think it should also be primarily about the moral ambiguity of the main characters. If you want to go for any sort of message that is.

That said, I would fuck his sister.
>>
>>46124139
It already has.
In the tech book there was a section about how the digital world is one of the last bastions of the patriarchy, and that A.I. care deeply about pronouns.
>>
>>46124129
I'm just pointing out that fire probably doesn't do much to a dragon whereas acid might. Not too familiar with shadowrun though, so yeah.
>>
>>46124147
Whatever your opinion on Borderlands, you gotta admit, he just might be the single most cringe-y human being to ever exist. Or, at the very least, the cringe-iest human being not named Chris-chan.
>>
>>46123924
Atlas probably had more problems than just Pandora. From what I understand, Promethea was also a massive boondoggle. Also, Atlas' leadership was absolutely crazy. There's nepotism, and then there's putting a 5 year old in charge of major military operations. Admiral Mikey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC0W4kI_P6s

The real question is, how did they manage to become so powerful despite their raging incompetence? The answer: Probably a vault and copious amounts of dumb luck.
>>
>>46123944
That was because the mana levels weren't high enough. Not to mention people in the setting are still debating whether he died, faked his death, or committed suicide.
>>
File: QAt1ujp.jpg (36 KB, 479x345) Image search: [Google]
QAt1ujp.jpg
36 KB, 479x345
>>46124147
>Anthony Burch did a good job with the humour and the feel of the setting overall I think
>>
>>46124207
I shudder to ask, but I need proof.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg (151 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg
151 KB, 500x500
>>46124380
>I disagree with this person's political/social/whatever views, therefor all of his work is complete shit.

Try getting your opinions from somewhere other than /v/. Or even better, form your own for once.
>>
>>46124298
That's exactly what it was.

Atlas was the first to discover the Eridian ruins on Pandora and a few other planets, and also the first to invent elemental weaponry. All the other companies had to pay them to license elemental technology. That's how they made all their money, and one can assume their weapons were only the highest quality because they could afford the best designers.

Once the secret of the Vaults, the Eridians, and elemental weapons was out, they were basically doomed.
>>
>>46124513
Correction. They weren't the first to discover them, but on Promethea they were the first to reverse engineer them for elemental weapons.
>>
>>46124592
Well for the topic on hand, does Shadowrun already have elemental weapons?
>>
>>46124299
>That was because the mana levels weren't high enough
Rubbish.
Dragons have as much power in the 70's, as they did in the 10's.
>>
>>46124218
>Not based explosive damage
>>
>>46124465
Data Trails.
5e.
>>
File: ONE QUESTION.gif (1020 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
ONE QUESTION.gif
1020 KB, 500x233
>>46124699
>>
>>46124207

I find this funny because most Dragons in Shadowrun are male, or prefer being male.
>>
>>46124510
Okay, allow me to further explain.

Political views aside, I don't think he's a good writer. Most of the humor in BL2 relies on pop-culture references or memes, instead of trying to come up with jokes of its own. The writing, especially during the climax, is incredibly contrived. The original protagonists are made to look like complete pussies in comparison to the new protagonists, and Handsome Jack is not a compelling or interesting villain.

The fact that he is Cucktimus Prime is just icing on the shit cake.
>>
>>46124703
Page?
>>
>>46124510
His writing is grating, unfunny, and repetitive. I thought the writing in two was shit before I even knew who he was.
>>
I've been trying to adapt parts of the weapon mechanics to Stars Without Number. I set it all well after the games, so Burch's shit-tier writing is irrelevant. The problem is with Hyperion weapons. How do I adapt the inverse recoil gimmick without making them total dogshit?
>>
>Atlas
A company that has been driven into the ground, they no longer exist, but there is a large aftermarket for their weapons. They are technology inferior, but pack a massive punch and are unhackable since they have no wireless capability.

>Dahl
Budget version of Ares, their weapons are valued by police forces for being affordable and great at crowd control.

>Hyperion
Overcosted luxury guns for people with more dollars than sense

>Jakobs
Popular with those who hang out near the edges of cities and often interact with magical wildlife.

>Maliwan
Budget Aztechnology, popular with mages since they provide magical firearms

>S&S/Bandit
Blanket term for aftermarket modded guns, mostly to add ammo capacity. The mods usually are a detriment to all other qualities

>Tediore
Literally the gun version of Walmart

>Torgue
Explosive weaponry for terrorists and disreputable mercs

>Vladof
Cheap guns for cheap people
>>
>>46125187
>and Handsome Jack is not a compelling or interesting villain.

I like what the presequel did with him, but if you take 2 on its own yeah he's just sort of 'hahah look at me being an utter bellend'.

He was by no means a good person at any point, but Lilith gave him a good hard push over the edge, then followed him down and gave him a second push off the outcropping he'd landed on.
>>
>>46125456
I thought Jack was a good villain in 2, in terms of being "asshole who thinks he's hot shit" Was nice to deal with a villain who was a straight up douche who deserved to die. I appreciated some kind of writing compared to the schizophrenia of selling all the MCs as remorseless killing machines that also save the world out of the goodness of their hearts.

Pre-sequel just turned Jack into a Gary Stue
>>
>>46125456
I thought he was an interesting villain before TPS, because he was the first game villain that I know to regularly call you up and talk smack. But I agree, he certainly lacked the depth and backstory
>>
>>46125444
What about things like the infinity pistols or moon shots?
>>
>>46125444
This just about sums shit up. Except Vladof. Vladof is more, 'They can't dodge ALL of my bullets, so I shall shoot an insane amount of them very quickly until they fall down'
>>
>>46125652
I mostly enjoyed BL2 for Jack. He was easy to hate, and hate in the right way.

Well, that and Kreig melee builds. Kreig could solo himself a Shadowrun dragon with a melee build.
>>
>>46125652
>I thought he was an interesting villain before TPS, because he was the first game villain that I know to regularly call you up and talk smack.

Bob Page from Deus Ex 1 springs to mind. As does SHODAN from System Shock 1 and 2.
>>
>>46125691
>>46125444

"Vladof: You don't have to be a better shot, you just have to shoot MORE BULLETS!"

"If you find that your gun just doesn't hold enough bullets, then S&S has the solution! More bullets!" I don't think S&S should be after market...
>>
>>46125598
>Pre-sequel just turned Jack into a Gary Stue

I...
It's been a while since I played through TPS, but did he actually /do/ anything himself, or just have the vault hunters and a few scientists do everything? Having enough money to hire people to do all the work doesn't make you a gary stu
>>
>>46125598
But I think that's the point. Jack thinks he's the hero, and that means he has the right to do whatever he wants in the name of "justice". He's a twisted version of a generic hero, which is a Gary Stu.
>>
>>46125951
He also spent half the time getting his ass kicked or yelled at, and the only time he starts really doing shit is when it starts being fucked up.

By the time Jack starts really accomplishing shit he's stopped being a good guy.

I'm not really sure why someone would call him a Gary Stu.
>>
>>46125708
>Krieg could solo a Shadowrun dragon.
>He doesn't realize how Krieg's last stand works.
>"I'M GOING TO EXPLODE MYSELF ALL OVER YOUR MEAT HOLES!"
>>
>>46125951
Pretty much. And he killed the scientists about halfway through the game. He was a dick the entire time, but Lilith sealed the deal by making it personal.
>>
>>46125444
a lot of those manufacturers would be leagues above most of the their Shadowrun contemporaries entirely due to making all kinds of crazy tech for their weapons that easily outshine the competition. Maliwan turned spells into rechargable grenades; Tediore has an SMG that explodes into tinier versions of the same gun that also explode, Vladof has a pistol that has an infinite amount of bullets( unless your Gaige and an idiot), everyone practically knows about the Conference Call and the Bee for Hyperion, the list goes on and this is shit they sell regularly to people. Shadowrun saving grace may be its magic but in the Borderlands universe, bullets beat magic.
>>
>>46125652
>he was the first game villain that I know to regularly call you up and talk smack.
Grunty can't believe this shit, ignorant children should be hit!
>>
>>46126078
Well yes but their biggest disadvantage is that they don't have dragons.
If someone like Handsome Jack can take over Hyperion it would be rather easy for someone like a great dragon to do the same thing.
>>
>>46126021
That was a really weak justification for his actions. Kind of inconsistent, too, 'cus he never actively gives out any kind of self-righteous vibe or great plan that might benefit anyone other than himself; he acts like a petulant asshole constantly and makes zero effort to disguise it, only occasionally making the odd remark of "'cus that's what heroes do, right guise?" as a flimsy cover.
>>
>>46126078
How does Gaige make the infinite ammo pistol not infinite ammo? Her whole thing is Aiming is for preps!
>>
>>46126154
His great plan was to remodel Pandora into a paradise. He was building an entire, state of the art city to house people on the planet.

He intended to wipe out all the criminal elements on the planet in order to make it safer.
>>
>>46126060
>Getting downed as Krieg
>Ever

Unleashed the fucking beast brah.
>>
>>46126106
My niggest of niggas.
>>
>>46126143
Come to think of it, would a Vault monster be on par with a Shadowrun dragon? They're said to be world-destroying superweapons, but they're piss-easy to beat. Even raid bosses can be soloed if you have the right gear.
>>
>>46126154
>Kind of inconsistent, too, 'cus he never actively gives out any kind of self-righteous vibe or great plan that might benefit anyone other than himself

Have you considered that perhaps his view of what makes a hero is malformed by being a sociopath?
>>
>>46126143
Having a dragon controlling one of the mega-corps of Borderlands might make them more ethical, belive it not. If what the Opportunity loud-speakers shout every so often are to be believed, working for Hyperion before AND after Jack was kinda shit.

>>46126159
Gaige has skills and class mods that reduce the mag size for guns, the Infinity only has a mag size of exactly 1 bullet, so....
>>
>>46126225
That's a testament to the power of the guns and Vault Hunter.

Not the weakness of the bosses.
>>
>>46126225
I mean, the Borderlands heroes are fucking monsters themselves, really.

You're talking about guys who mow through entire armies themselves. They're not a good measurement.

>>46126208
Kreig quotes are still the best quotes.
>>
>>46126200
>His great plan was to remodel Pandora into a paradise. He was building an entire, state of the art city to house people on the planet.

A state of the art city with ridiculously oppressive laws that punish petty crimes with death and force people to worship him as a god, and won't let the city's builders to actually live in the safety of the city they built.

The "criminal elements" on the planet are defined by him as "everyone who isn't a Hyperion employee and who doesn't lick my boots."

Sure, he was going to remodel Pandora, but it wouldn't be a paradise to anyone but him.
>>
>>46126154
His last words are literally "I am the goddamn hero!"
>>
>>46126339
And you just pointed out why he was actually the villain.

But the point is that he does have a great plan, and in his mind, he's doing it to make Pandora a better place for everyone who's a good guy.
>>
>>46126339
Again.

Do you not understand that he's a psychopath who only thinks he's the good guy?

Though, demographically he doesn't seem that wrong about the criminals thing. The vast majority of the population are violent bandits that shoot any non-affiliated person on sight, and it's pretty common knowledge that everyone else is barely law abiding. Even seemingly good people like Scooter threaten people with murder, and probably do just murder people.
>>
>>46126417
>>46126339
Also, assuming Opportunity was in his plans pre-Lilith, it probably wouldn't have been nearly as much of a fascist shithole back then.
>>
>>46126269
Oh, right. Because she has bonuses right after she reloads... riiiiight.
>>
>>46126447
Dude.

You go to Opportunity pre-Lilith, and it still talks about killing people for littering.
>>
>>46125951
Gary Stue was the wrong word, but it was pretty obvious Burch had a hard-on for Jack. Despite obviously being the villain he's given constant validation and is played as the underdog in pre-sequel.
>>
>>46126506
I think anon means before Lilith punched the Vault into his face in TPS.
>>
>>46126533
Oh.

I haven't actually played TPS.
>>
>>46126313
Krieg is the best character in the series. The plot makes far more sense and is far more consistent when it's a bunch desperate backwater hillbillies putting all their faith in a living war crime and just being nice to him to point him in the direction of the enemy.
>>
Since this has kind of shifted into a borderlands general thread, do you guys have an system suggestions for running a boderlands campaign?
>>
>>46126442
Oh, there's no arguing that Pandora is a shit hole and full of monstrous people. I mean, half the point of the original Borderlands was that pretty much everyone involved except sort of Roland and the mayor of the town was an absolute monster.

But it's not everyone, and Jack is trying to murder the people who just want to be left alone just as much as the psychopaths.
>>
>>46126562
You're not missing much. Burch is in full SJW mode, characters are kind of eh, and there's virtually no postgame.
>>
>>46126596
post-apoc systems if you want to play as Pandorans just scraping by trying not to get obliterated by bandits

cyberpunk systems if you want to play as vault hunters
>>
>>46126143
Jack did have the advantage of having his daughter being able to hack literally anything that could receive a signal, and I think a few things that couldn't, or at least shouldn't.
>>
>>46126655
Well yeah but Jack got killed. We don't even know if he comes back for this thread.
>>
>>46126610
Fake Jack was the best part of the game, if only because he's the only character in the main series of game who's actually a normal person.
>>
>>46126523
>and is played as the underdog in pre-sequel.

Are you seriously complaining that the game that was there to show us how Jack turned into the monster he is didn't have him already at the top being a monster?
>>
>>46126479
No, it's more that the infinity works by having one bullet that never goes away.

Gaige has a skill that reduces magazine size.

Since borderlands rounds down the size of a clip, reducing that magazine of one gives you a magazine of zero.

Thus, you have a gun that can never hold bullets.
>>
>>46126583
BL2 plot would make more sense if they just stuck to the PC's being exactly what they were, a bunch of douchebag treasure hunters who shoot people in the face for a quick buck and some sweet loot. Pretending the original bunch were in anyway heroic or the new batch even more so breaks down when you notice how much morally dubious stuff you do in the game series as a whole thus far.
>>
>>46126381
>>46126442
Do you not understand that I think the "he thinks he's a good guy" part of the writing was incredibly weak and flimsy? Sure, Pandora is a lawless wasteland but he's no better than the people he fights. He doesn't even play by his own rules; he punishes profanity with death but is one of the most foul-mouthed characters in the series. He acts like a petty douche, and his talk about him being the hero rings very hollow because he's benefiting nobody but himself. By the time you actually kill him he's little more than a child throwing a tantrum. This "oh but he thinks he's a hero" shit just seems like a clumsy attempt by Burch to make Jack seem more complex than he actually is.
>>
>>46126106
I meant in terms of the games I've personally played. I got into games later in life, and played newer stuff before I got into older stuff like System Shock. I'm probably a bit biased towards him because it was the first FPS I really played.
>>
>>46126765
Wouldn't that mean the bullet is just going insanely fast but constantly teleported back into the gun to be fired again?
>>
>>46126610
Isn't there one character who is a lesbian and mentions that she is a lesbian every fucking time you talk to her?
>>
>>46126822
Janey Springs, or SCOOTER! IN! SPACE! While she doesn't say she's a lesbian everytime you interact with her, she does however hit on every female character and npc she talks to, and eventually gets into a relationship with Athena. She is however very obnoxious.
>>
>>46126773
I don't think it ever really tried painting them as heroic. Less terrible than the average pandorans, sure, but not heroic.

Jack certainly thought himself heroic, but as has been discussed, he's a sociopath with zero clue of what heroism actually means, he just goes "hero types kill bandits, right? So if I kill ALL the bandits*, that makes me a hero!"

*bandits being basically everyone on pandora because Jack has issues.
>>
>>46126773
I don't think the series ever pretended anyone but Roland was a hero from the first game. He's the only character shown to be honestly interested in saving people. Everyone else's vendetta with Jack is entirely personal, and most of them could give a shit about anyone who they don't personally care for.

Borderlands 2 was a bit better about it, but even then, the only character who's characterized as being honestly a good person is Maya. While you do eventually save the world, it never really shows them as being heroes.
>>
>>46126779
His self-contradictory nature only makes the fact he thinks he's a hero a more interesting part of his character. The man's a psychopath, and one of the common symptoms of being insane is believing you aren't.
>>
>>46126943
They are not the hero Pandora deserves, but it's all they got. I see the vault hunters more like that really crappy discount hero your gran got from the bottom of a bargain bin, got to make the best of what you can in a shithole in Pandora.
>>
File: Emperor_Lv9.png (518 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Lv9.png
518 KB, 1000x563
>>46123647
The God-Emperor comes...
>>
>>46126779
That's supposed to be the point of his character, man. Nothing about Jack is redeemable, he's a twisted psychopath who's utterly convinced that every action he takes, no matter how terrible, is the heroic one.

He's supposed to be a hypocrite. To take the profanity example, look at his interactions with his daughter. He's incredibly foul mouthed, but corrects her any time she uses any sort of bad language. In fact, his interactions with his daughter are likely the best example of how demented he was entirely, because it's the only time he shows any emotion other than being an asshole or absolute rage. The fact that he considered everything he did to be the right thing for her just shows how screwed up he was, even before he went down the road of TPS.
>>
>>46126943
Gaige comes off as good in the logs, but that as things go on she kind of loses it and becomes as blood thirsty as the others. Also Gaige's dad a best.
>>
>>46126906
All the female characters in Borderlands are terrible except Moxxie and Ellie. Lilith is a massive is supposed to be a tough gal but she just comes off as a massive bitch. Athena is the straight character and ends up being a nag. Tiny Tina is lolsorandumb. Maya is the french vanilla to Angel's regular vanilla. Commandant Steel was bland butch bitch. Tannis started out ok and then devolved into randumb
>>
>>46126957
It would be, except that his tone of voice suggests that even he doesn't really believe his own lies. One moment he's talking about how the player characters are bad guys that should be dead already and the very next sentence he's laughing his head off over this time that he scooped someone's eyeballs out with a spoon. He always sounds smarmy, sarcastic, and smug, and he never seems to take himself seriously until you've bashed down his gate and are about to kill his Warrior.

Speaking of the Warrior, it dies like a bitch. Roland and Lilith would be better off just leaving Angel alone, letting Jack charge the vault key, and then just killing the Warrior once it's summoned. It'd save both of them a lot of trouble, and Roland wouldn't have been pointlessly killed.
>>
>>46127085
How the fuck is Ellie so fat when everyone on Pandora is supposed to be starving? Maybe Ellie is the reason everyone is starving, 'cus she eats all the food.

Motor Momma is fat too, but she's a cannibal, and there's plenty of humans to eat. What's Ellie's excuse?
>>
>>46127085
>Tiny Tina is lolsorandumb.
Well yeah, she's a child driven to lunacy by Pandora. Of course she's a bit off her rocker.
Especially when some people theorize that Tiny is Krieg's daughter.
>>
>>46127138
It's all but confirmed, man.
>>
>>46127093
The assumption I always made about the Warrior was that it was extremely weak from spending thousands of years napping in a volcano. Hence it's molten cracked appearance.

If you hadn't been there to kill it as a newborn, it would have hardened and become invincible.

Of course, the name isn't incredibly specific, so maybe there was originally an army of them but it's the only one left.
>>
>>46127085
>Tannis started out ok and then devolved into randumb
She's really a clear example of them fucking up. They can suggest a character being insane pretty well, but they can't pull it off without making them just come off as stupid with random bullshit.
>>46127129
There's plenty of meat on pandora, just most of it is trying to eat you.
>>
>>46127138
The fact that she was voiced by Ashly Burch probably does not help.
>>
>>46127129
You can find ammo in the toilets of Pandora, and also in the waste piles of various animals and also inside those animals with the occasional gun. For all we know the people of Pandora sometimes eat bullets, or knowing that she works in a garage, she might've just eaten a whole damn car. Think the fatties from Dredd comics and you get a good idea of what I mean.
>>
>>46127138
Actually, for all it's attempts at being politically correct and whatnot it does a really exceptionally poor job of portraying people with mental illness. Which isn't something I have a problem with, but it would certainly be a good way to undermine SJWs arguing in favor of the game.
>>
>>46127085
Tannis was fine in BL1 up until the Claptrap Revolution DLC, thats the exact point where she became lolsorandumb with her collection quests.
Athena was just a friendly Steel in the Knoxx DLC
>>
>>46127085
I'm not sure it counts but I like the two main girls from the Telltale game.
>>
>>46127158
>If you hadn't been there to kill it as a newborn, it would have hardened and become invincible.

The final battle would have gone the same way, except instead of just you, it would be you plus Lilith and Roland.
>>
File: IMG_1857.jpg (363 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1857.jpg
363 KB, 1280x1440
>>46126596
GURPS
>>
Krieg was the only fun part of Borderlands 2.
>>
>>46127129
Ellie's probably a cannibal, I would say at least 60% of Pandorans have resorted to it at least once
>>
>>46127093
He says it sarcastically because to him, everything is just some sort of comic with him as the hero. When he tells that story, he opens with ".... You bad guys just don't get it do you? See, this one time..." meaning he considers the people he killed in that village bad guys. He's smarmy about it because he thinks the fact that the antagonist has a chance of beating him, the protagonist, is hilarious.

The Warrior being a bitch can be chalked up to being poor game design.
>>
>>46127390
It helps that he has the only TVHM build that doesn't require farming the shit out of legendaries.

And remains the most fun.
>>
>>46127138
I would like Tina if they kept her as an abused child who channels her insanity into explosives. The fact that Roland loves her and that she still has normal emotions ruins it. It's pretty clear they just let Ashley voice act whatever she wants.
>>
>>46127390
Salvador was the shit too, he's pretty much a fixed Brick
>>
>>46127144
I think Word of God said that Tina's parents are dead.
>>
>>46127409
Meant to include "believes" between "antagonist" and "has"
>>
>>46124510
>all these assumptions
>filename
Why are OPs always the biggest faggots to walk on two legs?
>>
>>46127481
They've never really said either way.
>>
File: tumblr_noo5aaoqY91r1dqpyo6_500.png (265 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noo5aaoqY91r1dqpyo6_500.png
265 KB, 500x529
>>46127616
>>assumptions
Like you assuming I'm OP?
Have some more tumblr filenames to get triggered by.
>>
>>46127571
Dammit I realized that would be grammatically incorrect. But you get the point
>>
>>46127639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfjZ-a5CUK4
>>
File: 12123132134.jpg (156 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
12123132134.jpg
156 KB, 900x1200
>>46127085
I believe you've forgotten best girl.
>>
>>46127680
>kiwi is barely a bird
It has wings, a beak, clawed feet with scales, and it lays eggs. Fuck this shit triggers me.
>>
File: tumblr_noo5aaoqY91r1dqpyo8_500.png (242 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noo5aaoqY91r1dqpyo8_500.png
242 KB, 500x458
>>46127811
>>
>>46127456
>Salvador
>Fixed
Pick one. That nigger was broken as fuck
>>
>>46127831
fuckers bout to trip
>>
File: tumblr_noo5aaoqY91r1dqpyo9_500.png (315 KB, 500x556) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noo5aaoqY91r1dqpyo9_500.png
315 KB, 500x556
>>46127885
>>
>>46127840
fixed in the sense that Brick was fucking garbage, they fixed him by making Salvador broken as fuck.

I don't think I even downed as him in normal campaign
>>
>>46123647
>dogshitlands
>>
>>46128857
>Bumping a thread you don't like.
>>
File: 15626347_m.png (30 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
15626347_m.png
30 KB, 600x479
>>46123647
What about Armored Core corps?
>>
>>46124147
>That said, I would fuck his sister.
He's an idiot and his sister is goddamn ugly. Raise your standards, unless you're goddamn ugly too.
>>
>>46125652
VTM:Bloodlines had a TV that would talk shit about you and some of the assholes would send you emails to tell you how much of a fuck up you were.
>>
>>46128407

As fun as Salvador was, I think he's probably the reason the scaling is so fucked up at higher difficulties: when you have a character who can be specced to be using two guns at later levels when everyone is stuck with one they had to jack up all the enemies to be meat bullet sponges to compensate, which fucks over everyone else who doesn't have massive damage as well (e.g. Krieg, Gaige with enough Anarchy stacks).
>>
>>46132483
Zero had some good super damage builds, but yea, Maya and Axton got pretty screwed higher up.

Axton's turrets just get murdered later on, and Maya's CC stopped being important when enemies couldn't reliably kill each other anymore.

Gotta say though, I loved me some tank Kreig though. 50% + 50% + 20% DR made him absolutely stupid, even against raid bosses.
>>
>>46126610
It felt like it was really fucking short to me too. And most of the plot barely makes any sense, unless you think of it from an out of universe perspective since it was written already knowing where things had to end up. The Constructors, for example.
>>
>>46129427
oh come on, his sister is hot even if he's a fuck
>>
File: Gecko.jpg (77 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Gecko.jpg
77 KB, 250x250
>>46123986
>beat jack/warrior before lvl 30
>then grind side missions to lvl 50

I can't help but feel sad for people who do this.
>>
File: BL3.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BL3.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46126021

Nnno - he was deliberately poisoning HIS LITTLE GIRL for no more noble purpose than to create a weapon to accrue greater personal power. So he contrived the whole "for the children" Hero Persona to fig leaf his rampant avarice and corruption - the way IRL politicians do.

Jack was an inversion or maybe a subversion of heroism - and a malignant narcissist who loved the sound of his own voice - like most politicians, but he was NOT a Marty Stu.
>>
>>46125456
I really think the Telltale Borderlands did the best job with Jack as a villain.

Borderlands 2 a lot of his villainous moments are focused on characters you used to play as, and other NPCs, rather than the players. And you get mad at him for meta reasons I feel "I used to play Mordecai! Why that asshole, HE KILLED MORDY's and Mines Best Friend!" doesn't quite make sense to me as say, being Zero or Kreig. He only gets really personal with the players after killing his kid, which sort of really lit my fire, but that kind of thing is defanged on repeated play throughs.

Tales From The Borderlands, he gets innately personal as a villain pretty much right from the start. He's a devil on your shoulder, a dark mirror of Rhys, (or Rhys as a lighter mirror of Jack), that you have to keep secret. He's a character that threatens relationships in game, and also appeals to in character motivations to gain power via faustian bargain.

Plus his death in Tales is so much better.
>>
>>46127435
>It's pretty clear they just let Ashley voice act whatever she wants.

Anthony deliberately made the character as little more than an excuse to put his sister in the game.
>>
>>46132705
Well what do you expect.
He's the conductor of the poop train.
>>
>>46123800
Kill em from orbit.

Hell the Borderlands corps don't even have to worry about the Horrors finally getting out and overrunning the planet since they aren't limited to Earth.
>>
>>46134836
Alot of Telltale games are the same formulaic shit, but Tales of the Borderlands was actually pretty good/amusing.
>>
>>46124147

Welcome to the gay moon of Elkpiss, where everyone is gay!

No, not just their sexuality, it's their job! Gay!
>>
>>46124513
Atlas weapons weren't even the best available. The top tier was almost all Maliwan.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.