[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is how I lawful good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
File: image.gif (720 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
720 KB, 500x295
This is how I lawful good.
>>
>>46123061
>Lawful Good

Those guys were running an illegal black ops monster-torture-feeding grounds and capturing innocents just to watch them die. How are they possibly Lawful or Good at all?
>>
>>46123132
They were stopping the world from ending, for one.
>>
>>46123132
They were UN or world government employees, firstly. Secondly, they were not doing the killing, but oversaw the presumedly safe sacrifice of five people a year to save billions.
>>
>>46123149
Given their methods, and their obvious enjoyment of their job, they were LN, at best.
>>
>>46123132
They were attempting to save the human race.

They were most certainly not good, however. You can even argue Lawful Evil, really. They were doing what they needed to to save the world, yes, but running a betting pool and having a big old party is not exactly good behavior.

Also, I still refuse to let anyone watch the last ten seconds of that movie.
>>
>>46123216
They were tasked with doing something terrible, even if was to protect the greater good. They had to find some levity to separate themselves from the situation. Plus, it's not like the sacrifices were innocent.
>>
>>46123216
They hated their jobs, hence why they had to take bets and other stupid shit to break the monotony.

They enjoyed the meta shit they did in the office, not that they were killing innocent people.
>>
>>46123278
>>46123263
I mean, stopping in the middle of talking about he respects the girl for clinging to life to scream "TEQUILA IS MY LADY" and getting immediately drunk does not give the idea of being a good person.
>>
>>46123312
>saving the world is not a cause for drinking
>murdering a teen in not a cause for drinking

I mean, no. But I understand where you're coming from.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (338 KB, 1384x1000) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
338 KB, 1384x1000
This is how I Lawful Good.
>>
>>46123418
That is legit NG.
>>
>>46123418
The NWA was Lawful Good.
>>
File: image.png (650 KB, 1346x572) Image search: [Google]
image.png
650 KB, 1346x572
>>46123554
The greater good.
>>
>>46123256
>I still refuse to let anyone watch the last ten seconds of that movie.

Why?

Honestly, the ending was sorta as meta as the rest of it. The human looking hand instead of some unspeakable horror is the reviewers and the audience. The entire movie is about the industry of horror films. Notice how all the different countries had rituals that were just popular film scripts? The whole point of the movie was that the beast they were sacrificing to was you, the viewer, sitting in the theater.
>>
File: Blueberries-TS73 copy.jpg (976 KB, 1800x1284) Image search: [Google]
Blueberries-TS73 copy.jpg
976 KB, 1800x1284
>>46123623
THE GREATER GOOD!
>>
>>46124795
Oh god damn it. Now you've got me mad about the ending.

I never made that connection.
>>
>>46124795
Because the last ten seconds were added in at the last minute because they thought viewers wouldn't be smart enough to figure that out. The movie should be an abrupt cut to black specifically because the viewers are the gods the characters are attempting to appease. By adding in the random ass giant hand, they suggest the god is as part of a movie as everything else, subverting the entire message and ruining the ending.
>>
>>46125387
But in a way the viewer IS a part of the movie. They have real demands and expectations that entire movies are killed in the womb to fill. While I agree it adds nothing to the film overall, I don't think it detracts anything either.

Plus, they were working on several layers of progressively more subtle levels of subversion. Afterall, >>46125319
didn't get it either, even with the ending.
>>
>>46125497
Oh no, I agree with you that the viewer is a part of the movie. It's a very well done message, and it quite cleanly explains the various happenings of the movie. It's just the last little bit that ruins it.
>>
File: Josh Lyman, The West Wing.jpg (24 KB, 257x390) Image search: [Google]
Josh Lyman, The West Wing.jpg
24 KB, 257x390
>>46123061
That's funny, because this is how I lawful good.
>>
>>46125562
To each his own, I suppose. The irony is that I think if they did cut to black, there WOULD be a shitstorm, but with the hand bit showing us a shitstorm through symbolism, they averted a shitstorm. Essentially either they have it in the film, or have it in real life. It's like another layer of the meta, as if to say "even after all this, we still need to throw you a bone, oh great and terrible movie fans, the unspeakable consumers, witness our CGI offering and spare us your wrath!"
>>
File: Dan Stark.jpg (8 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Dan Stark.jpg
8 KB, 300x169
>>46125641
Which is funny because this is how I Lawful Good.
>>
>>46125562
Or they chose to change the super meta ending to a more normal one because leaving it unsaid is actually a really shitty ending to a movie. The only other thing they could have done to flesh out the ending is to have the camera pull away from the the pair and reveal a real production team of the movie talking about how they need to add a giant CG monster to the end or else it would be unsatisfying.
>>
>>46125829
Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure the creators of Jurassic World did that in the beginning of the movie. When the corporate suits were talking with the R&D team about why they made the giant-ass death machine, and how the people were getting tired with the T-rex and wanted something bigger.
>>
>>46125829
I mean, there's merit to the idea, sure, but I also think that this was a movie that's meant to be talked about, and a more ambiguous ending would have helped with that.

That last bit would have been terrible though. Doing that would have just made them look like insufferable douchbags.
>>
>>46125982
Because making a movie about how you have to stick to a precise retread of a formula or the mouthbreathing audience will hate it and you doesn't make you seem like a douchebag at all.
>>
>>46126013
The movie was very good about that message, though. They certainly carried it, but they never really condemn the audience for it outright, and the movie is quite entertaining even ignoring the underlying theme.

Honestly, the debate between the old man and the control room is still one of my favorite scenes in any movie.
>>
>>46125971
>>46125829
It's also what they did for the vidya Matrix: Path of Neo. The Wachowski brothers in 8bit come flying up at the screen in recliners, then talk about how in the movie Neo sacrifices himself to save mankind, but "in a video game, the Jesus shit is, eh, kinda crap. So instead we thought 'wouldn't it be badass if all the Smiths just run into each other and make a giant MEGA SMITH!' Hell yea, so here's a sweet boss fight for ya, have fun!"

Then all the agent smiths in the city fly into a big giant smith made of smiths holding each other like ants, and they pull a set of sunglasses off a billboard and put them on, and fight you why you fly around the city and punch the fuck out of it.

It was actually a really fun game.
>>
File: transparent-magnus-hirschfeld.jpg (1 MB, 1047x599) Image search: [Google]
transparent-magnus-hirschfeld.jpg
1 MB, 1047x599
>>46125779
Which is funny because this is how I Lawful Good
>>
>>46126165
I think you're lying. All of that sounds really stupid. Like live-action Speed Racer stupid.
>>
File: smith.jpg (146 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
smith.jpg
146 KB, 800x600
>>46126165
Man that shit was great
>>
>>46126364
>>46126366
Hehehe
>>
>>46126364
It was really stupid, but also super fun. Hell, the entire game was nonstop enjoyment. The only level I didn't fucking love the hell out of was in the mansion maze where you're fighting giant army ants in an Escher painting-esq landscape of floating stairs and doors, but only because the ants were mostly just damage sponge enemies you had to wallup to death, instead of gun-fu crazy combo nonsense fighting like all the other enemies.
>>
>>46123061
What movie is this from?
>>
>>46128406
Cabin in the woods.
>>
>>46128513
Seriously, I read the spoilers and I'm interested in seeing the film now
>>
File: 1393081033954.gif (393 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1393081033954.gif
393 KB, 640x360
This is how I PC
>>
>>46128605
That GIF gave me epilepsy.
>>
>>46126364

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1XhcSyVr-A

It's better than the actual film's ending.
>>
File: Natalis.jpg (512 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Natalis.jpg
512 KB, 1280x720
This is how I do it.
>>
File: 1355808460713.gif (3 MB, 275x206) Image search: [Google]
1355808460713.gif
3 MB, 275x206
>>46128571
It's great, although if you read the spoilers, which were spoilers for a reason, then you likely won't get the full experience.

It was advertised as a stereotypical horror mystery thriller type movie shot in the same cabin as the original Evil Dead, then you sit down in the theater and get cock slapped across the face by the best damn horror trope deconstruction film in recent memory.

Also the cast is essentially Mystery Inc, only Scoobie is replaced with a black guy.

>>46128644
My nigga. It was one of the best movie-tie-in games I've ever played, because it tossed out the movie when it needed to and had some baller combat.
>>
>>46123061
That movie got me laid with a teenage girl, not sure if those guys qualify as "good" maybe just neutral
>>
>>46123312
You didn't recognize the attempt to mask his empathy and regret from his subordinates?
>>
>>46131638
I mean, there's shades of that, sure. They're not heartless monsters, after all. Though there's the question of why he bothers, given that he's telling the main crew(and the new guy) this.

And that still doesn't change the fact that they're running the betting pool and the biggest thing he wishes for is to see the Merman go at it.
>>
>>46123132
I just assumed we were talking about Josh Lyman and the ghost of the dad from Six Feet Under having a random dance party.
Because that's pretty much how I Lawful Good.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.