[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The bbeg is a cat. >Not even a giant cat, just a regular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>The bbeg is a cat.
>Not even a giant cat, just a regular fancy house cat that's trying to take over the world.
How do you make this a threatening bbeg to even a high leveled party in the last setting you played?
>>
>>46120679
In the homebrew fantasy-ish setting our group has, I'd make the cat be a mind-controller. Through cruel management of his human resources, he'd slowly obtain magical artifacts and newest technology to create an army in his image.
In short, have him manage an army of elite human bodyguards/assassins and golem cats breathing fire or shooting beams out of their eyes. Also a lot of possibilities for him to taunt the party through killing important NPCs and so on.
>>
>>46120679
Nobody expects the cat to do magic.
have him be the apparent villain's 'pet', when it's secretly the other way around due to mind control.
>>46120799 is a good start.
>>
File: Alvinacat.png (259 KB, 510x367) Image search: [Google]
Alvinacat.png
259 KB, 510x367
>>46120679
>>
File: catbert.gif (41 KB, 640x197) Image search: [Google]
catbert.gif
41 KB, 640x197
>>46120799
>>
>>46120679
I want to pet the bbeg

>>46120799
Does anyone remember the /tg/ storytime about the party member that was a cat rogue riding around in a pair of golem legs?

>>46120837
Powerpuff girls did it
>>
Cat is of draconic lineage.
>>
>>46120891
I don't remember the story, but giving the cat his own way of becoming an adequate final boss sounds pretty good. Damn, I should seriously consider taking over from our Eternal GM just for that.
>>
>>46120943
>A terrifying fluffy beast sitting upon a hoard of yarn and catnip.
What can stop such a horrifying creature?
>>
Cat is actually a shapeshifted loli demon that assumed this form to escape from a very persistent pedophile.
>>
>>46120679
You mean an sbeg?
>>
File: Just Works.png (227 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
Just Works.png
227 KB, 600x515
>>46120679
>Necromancer Awakens Cat
>Necromancer dies, Cat eats Necroflesh becoming a pseudo-lich using one of his 9 lives
>Channels more power into abusing his lives
>Cat becomes a Lich
>Cat decides all must serve him, and only him.
>Cat tries to enslave the world
>>
>>46121063
that's fine too
>>
>>46121063
>the pedophile is too powerful to be stopped by any means other than misdirection

What the fuck kind of pedo did this loli demon attract, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>46121126
A certain Chaos Marine who if you kill you become him.
>>
>>46121051
The magic equivalent of a laser pointer.
>>
Make the cat the product of magical experimentation by a wizard to bestow an animal with sentience.

The wizard thinks it didn't work because the cat shows no signs of intelligence at first, but it's just a ploy. Within a month of sitting in his owner's lap, the cat has learned the basics of magic and kills his owner by tripping him on the stairs.

Make the campaign a mystery where the players must chain together clues and riddles across a myriad of hired thugs, assassins, corrupt politicians, etc., til they finally find the true mastermind of evil - a simple cat, playing with peoples' lives to sate his own sadistic boredom.
>>
>>46121165
Lame, rocks fell, he died. What a faggot.
>>
>>46120679
Make it a high level wizard or sorcerer. Mind manipulating all the BBEGs and tricking the party into thinking the BBEG did it all.

Then you make use of it's Stealth checks and night vision.
>>
>>46120679
Giving the cat magic is too easy. Better to just give it the manipulative mastermind aspects others have mentioned, with the threat bring entirely from its many strategically-placed cat's-paws and lieutenants, and the various powerful artifacts it's gotten people to collect for it.
>>
>>46120799
>>46121222
This, but fluff it Secrets of Nihm style where sentient animals overthrow there human masters and keep them as pets.

They can no longer live as cats. They know to much.
>>
File: Lechatbotte4.jpg (163 KB, 800x641) Image search: [Google]
Lechatbotte4.jpg
163 KB, 800x641
Don't believe his lies! The Marquis is a patsy and there's no telling how many more are indebted to him the same way!
>>
>>46120679
The entire party are level 1 commoners.

There.
>>
File: Krosp.jpg (11 KB, 157x233) Image search: [Google]
Krosp.jpg
11 KB, 157x233
>>
Obviously it isn't regular if it is fancy, anon.
>>
>ctrl+f 'Macavity'
>No results

I'm disappointed /tg/
>>
>>46125781
OP said even a high level party.
>>
File: Blofeld_Cat.png (132 KB, 280x330) Image search: [Google]
Blofeld_Cat.png
132 KB, 280x330
>>46120679
>control+F "blofeld", "bond"
>not one fucking result

Step aside and welcome your new feline overlord.
>>
The cat has an innate irresistible charm of petting skill.
>>
>>46120679
>>46121222
>>46123209
>>46127070
>>46127704
these are all the same character.

>>46120872
>>46120943
>>46121063
>>46121080
>>46121222
also good ideas.

for my last game it would be a Pentex trained, Fomorarch Hellcat posing as an amiable Ceilican, maybe asking the group to vouch for her pedigree to meet with other Heads of State/Tribe.
>>
>>46127070
I would be partial to Rumpus Cat.
>>
>>46120679
This >>46120799

But also have him constantly sitting in the lap or arms of a man who he's puppeting to use as a mouthpiece, meaning the PCs will assume that's the true BBEG
>>
>>46120679
Have it be some sinister entity that was forcibly bound in the form of a cat by those who wished to oppose it, but could not truly defeat it. Let the PCs sense that something is off about the cat, and unnerving. Don't go with any of those silly looking squashed-face breeds either. Either go skeletal and hairless, or the gold old-fashioned black cat, possibly with an unusual eye color to suggest its true nature.
>>
File: demon cat.jpg (15 KB, 600x314) Image search: [Google]
demon cat.jpg
15 KB, 600x314
>>46131227
Forgot pic. Also have the entity be extremely bitter and thirsty for vengeance after being turned into a cat.
>>
>>46127704
>control+F "blofeld", "bond">not one fucking result
no one here is over 50, anon
>>
>How do you make this a threatening bbeg to even a high leveled party in the last setting you played?

Make everyone the size of a cricket, obviously.
>>
>>46120679

I would have it that cats are a strange and unknown beast in this land, and that a cult is mistaking the cat for a messiah of an evil god.

Mundane cat things such as are misinterpreted and commit atrocities in the cats name.

So the party finally defeats all the henchmen only to find a fat and happy cat being massaged.
>>
>>46121063
I see what you did there and I like you
>>46120679
The cat developed a taste for blood after slaying his first commoner and went on a killing spree, finding the hunt more amusing than chasing magical laser pointers. By now he's butchered enough towns and villages to have leveled up to 20. The party must stop his reign of terror.
>>
>>46120679
Have you seen what a normal cat can do to a peasant? Give it PC levels and stats and one could take out an adventurer easy.
>>
>>46121080
Since I don't play DnD/PF, I may be wrong here but:
Couldn't a cat be a good lich? Liches have to sacrifice lives to obtain lichdom as I understand it, the cat could easily sacrifice his metaphysical 9 lives, harming no-one and becoming a neutral evil (legitimate) or a chaotic good (optimistic) cat-lich?
>>
Elder of a powerful werecat clan. Yes, clan has ordinary cats in it.
>>
>>46121126
Yes, jesus christ.
>>
>>46125781
>>46127510
The entire party are high level homebrewed firefighters. The cat is putting people in danger by setting things on fire and blocking doors by pushing down lamps etc.
>>
>>46135984
I'm not sure about PF, but all that's said about becoming a lich in 3.5 is:
>The process of becoming a lich is unspeakably evil and can be undertaken only by a willing character.
>>
>>46136276
Yeah, but that's what dog people say about the average cat owner's day.
>>
>>46131227
Wouldn't a cuter more adorable cat be better because the party wouldn't expect it?
>>
File: Surprise Liches.jpg (110 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Surprise Liches.jpg
110 KB, 640x400
>>46135984
>>46136276
>lich process not so bad

There are a few different versions of it (Ceremony of Endless Night, Ritual of Becoming). Among other things, the earlier ones required blood from people freshly killed by a variety of poisons, blood from hard-to-get creatures like celestials and shit, and at least one infant ritually sacrificed by the celebrant's own hand.

You also had to drink a potion, die, make the equivalent of a saving throw, then hope you returned as a lich a few days later. At the end of this extremely risky and inhumane process, you immediately became an evil monster under the DM's control.

But yeah, the point is that you'd have to be a psychopath to even consider doing the ritual. Liches are permanently corrupted by hubris and supernatural evil, and that's that.
>>
>>46121194
...Prestidigitation?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.