[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Lord-Ruler enslave and discriminate against the skaa?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 200x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 200x304
Why did the Lord-Ruler enslave and discriminate against the skaa? Seems unnecessary for his plan.
>>
>>46120519
>>/lit/
>>
>>46120519
Because he made them a slave race to do dirty work while his bros had fun.

Also hoid back story is getting released this year i hope it will be worth it.
>>
To get to the other side!
>>
>>46120519
Why not? Easy slave class of people.
>>
>>46120519
Because muh edge.
>>
>>46120519
Because Brandon Sanderson.
>>
>>46120519
He was batshit insane is what. Thousand years of hearing voices in his head don't do good for you.
>>
File: 1455321593799.jpg (6 KB, 223x251) Image search: [Google]
1455321593799.jpg
6 KB, 223x251
>>46120536
>trying to discuss genre fiction on /lit/
>>
>>46120519
Because they were literally subhuman, he made them that way. The city skaa were more or less normalized with the nobles after millenia of interbreeding, but the farm skaa weren't. Notice how every character of import is from the city, and the two or three times you meet plantation skaa they're just fucking things up (see: resistance leader guy, cannibals, etc.
>>
>>46123919
It builds character.
>>
>>46123919
I tried it once.
It went very poorly.
I never went back to lit again after that thread.
>>
>>46124047
Basically this. You're told straight out numerous times that skaa and nobles are different, and the only people to claim otherwise are Vin and Elend, who are wrong. Sanderson has no problems having characters lie about important backstory stuff. take a look through the Warbreaker annotations some time, especially where Denth is explaining how Breath works.
>>
>>46120519
The Lord ruler was a much more interesting character than either Vin or Elend and should have had POV chapters. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 327988-ska.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
327988-ska.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
Wait, they did what?
>>
>>46121652
>hoid back story is getting released this year i hope it will be worth it.
did you like the Kelsier one? I thought it was just okay.
>>
>>46121652
White Sand? Shouldn't be much more Cosmere-aware than a typical novella. Dragonsteel and Liar of Partinel are the Hoid books and they're ten years out at least. He has 8 more Stormlight and 7 more Mistborn before he even starts on that, not to mention any less important books he decides to write in between.
>>
>>46124942
Vin is a great character in the first book, though.
>>
>>46125318
She's decent. Certainly no Lord Ruler. I do remember that Elend was semi-fun in his first few appearances. And then... I don't know what the fuck happened. The marriage maybe?
>>
>>46125430
>I do remember that Elend was semi-fun in his first few appearances
Maybe his very first encounter with Vin. Then he turns into the cringiest neckbeard author insert in literary history.
>>
This is now a /tg/ thread. You're welcome.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.