[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beware of Saving Anime with Anticlimatic Endings Quest (2)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46095195/
DISCLAIMER
This is a work of fiction. It doesn’t necessarily represent nor portray the state of the industry or the beliefs of the Author
Any reference to pre-existing work of fiction is to be considered entirely coincidental (hah, I honeypotted you).
No character is speaking on the behalf of the author. Their moral considerations as well as their beliefs regarding the social, religious and political sphere are representative only of the characters themselves.
Your shattered expectations won’t be refunded. Deal with it, nerds
I can’t promise you’ll have fun. I can promise however that I will try to make this fun. I am responsive to the audience and I will try accomodate most requests.
>>
>>46119301
You roamed around the city, without a real purpose or destination. People seemed to not really mind you until you donned the necklace. Then they started giving you dirty looks.
What was it, was the necklace out of fashion? Was there something on your face?
Was the writing really lazy? You couldn’t tell.
You were almost annoyed at how invisible or otherwise shunned you were, until you felt what it was like to be noticed.
A man wearing strange clothes spotted you from the distance.
His eyes grew in size several times over, so much that the expression “Having eyes larger than the stomach” transcended the metaphorical to become literal.
Then he literally rushed at you, his arms wide open as in an embrace.
You dodged him at the last minute, causing him to crash on an innocent bystander.
“Sorry”, you coldly stated. “I am not the hug kind of guy”.
While the bystander was still on the ground, rubbing his head in pain, the guy you supposed to be the priest crawled to your feet and gripped your ankles tight.
“YES, YES!” he screamed, overjoyed. “20 years! 20 long years of fasting and praying I have endured, but now the Goddess pays it all back! HAH!” he rose to his feet again, just to point his admonishing index finger to the onlookers that had gathered around.
“HAH! CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS! There you go! Here is a real Outer! What now, huh? Will you still spout your nonsense?”
Most people just ignored his ramblings, some others seemed pissed off enough to prompt you to grab him by his robes to make him stop.
So now there you were, the Outer and the Priest, one in total amazement, another in total confusion.
Maybe it’s better to take advantage of the situation to the fullest.

>What’s written on this necklace?
>What is an Outer?
>What kind of drugs do you take and can I have some?
>>
>>46119324
>Try using spaces between your sentences.
>>
>>46119627
As in?
I think I am missing the point.
>>
>>46119673
>From

You roamed around the city, without a real purpose or destination. People seemed to not really mind you until you donned the necklace. Then they started giving you dirty looks.

>To

>Formatting is important. It makes an impression.
>>
>>46119706
I will do it if it makes reading easier.
>>
>>46119752
Not that anon, but It really does.
>>
Way to bait people into your shitty quest by trying to ride the coattails of someone else's work, faggot.
>>
>>46119776
Time to stop the shitpost and begin reformatting then

Was the writing really lazy?

You couldn’t tell.
You were almost annoyed at how invisible or otherwise shunned you were, until you felt what it was like to be noticed.

A man wearing strange clothes spotted you from the distance.
His eyes grew in size several times over, so much that the expression “Having eyes larger than the stomach” transcended the metaphorical to become literal.

Then he literally rushed at you, his arms wide open as in an embrace.
You dodged him at the last minute, causing him to crash on an innocent bystander.

While the bystander was still on the ground, rubbing his head in pain, the guy you supposed to be the priest crawled to your feet and gripped your ankles tight.

“YES, YES!” he screamed, overjoyed. “20 years! 20 long years of fasting and praying I have endured, but now the Goddess pays it all back! HAH!” he rose to his feet again, just to point his admonishing index finger to the onlookers that had gathered around.

“HAH! CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS! There you go! Here is a real Outer! What now, huh? Will you still spout your nonsense?”

Most people just ignored his ramblings, some others seemed pissed off enough to prompt you to grab him by his robes to make him stop.

So now there you were, the Outer and the Priest, one in total amazement, another in total confusion.
Maybe it’s better to take advantage of the situation to the fullest.

>What is an Outer?
>What kind of drugs do you take and can I have some?
>>
>>46119846
try this.

You roamed around the city, without a real purpose or destination. People seemed to not really mind you until you donned the necklace. Then they started giving you dirty looks. What was it, was the necklace out of fashion? Was there something on your face?

Was the writing really lazy?
>this is mostly to give emphasis to your punchline

You couldn’t tell.
>Just remove this

A man wearing strange clothes spotted you from the distance. His eyes grew in size several times over, so much that the expression “Having eyes larger than the stomach” transcended the metaphorical to become literal. Then he literally rushed at you, his arms wide open as in an embrace.

So now there you were, the Outer and the Priest, one in total amazement, another in total confusion. Maybe it’s better to take advantage of the situation to the fullest.
>>
>>
>>46120793

“Excuse me holy dude, while we’re at it, what’s written on this necklace?”
The Priest gives you a puzzled look. “Let me see…hmm”. He brings it closer to his face.
“‘Dense idiot’, that’s what it says”. He nods to himself in confirmation.

“Truly our Goddess operates in mysterious ways!”, he proclaims. He grabs you by the hands and shakes them both violently. “Very well, Outer. Do you come from the Rising or from the Setting sun?”

“Huh, I seem to recall something about a setting sun. Never been a morning person”
The Priest gives an exaggerated laugh. “So funny, so funny! Truly a joke worth of the Gods! But tell me, do you possess your powers still?”

“Powers? Which powers?”
“But the power of naming of course!”
“You’ve lost me there, buddy”

“Hm, how can I explain?” The priest rubs his chin, as he looks for the right word to explain
“We denizens of this world don’t go by a name. We embody a concept, and a concept is merely a mix of stereotypes and archetypes. It’s instead proper of the Outers to be able to give names to people. So I ask of you, what name would you assign me?”

“The Priest”, you respond flatly. “There are many arguments I could mention in favor of my decision, but I suppose the fact that you’re a Priest is probably the most important one”

The Priest nods in amazement. “Truly. Truly, the Outers are powerful. There’s no doubt, the Goddess has picked the most valiant of the Outers to guide us to salvation. We have been blessed with a manifold blessing.”

“More importantly, the Priest”, you ask, “Aren’t you hungry? You know, after 20 years of fasting”
At the same time, the stomach of the Priest growls threateningly.
>>
>>46121153
“You are wise, Outer of the Setting Sun. There’s a restaurant nearby, and it would be my honor to treat you. As we head there, is there anything you wish to ask me?”

>Why is this place called the Holy City?
>Why has the Goddess conjured me here?
>What’s the deal with Rising and Setting Sun?
>>
>Why has the Goddess conjured me here?
>>
>>46121196
“So man of the cloth, I was thinking”
“Yes?”
“What makes me special? The power of naming things? That’s why your Goddess called me here, to teach you that a dog is a dog? I could have given her a dictionary and be done with it”

“Hmm”, the Priest hums once again. “I doubt it. I don’t think it’s that. You’re an Outer of the Setting Sun, I think what she needed was a new perspective on things”.

“New perspective?”
“Indeed. Your power as a God is not merely that of naming, but also of influencing the fates of the characters living in this world. Unfortunately, you don’t own that power as long as you exist within this Universe and not in your own”

“Right”
“It’s you who decides what to watch, and what to buy, and with that decision you make sure that more or less demand for a genre is created. That’s how you affect our lives. But with your biggest power no longer available, the only thing that is left to you is intuition”.

“So this world can change itself?”
“It already has, or we wouldn’t have creatures that demand that Outers worship them. So maybe with your new and innovative perspective, you can convince characters who’ve strayed from the path of righteousness to repent”

“Sounds awful”
“I am sure it won’t be that bad!”

The discussion hasn’t been that pleasant, but you’ve been so immersed in it that you already find yourself at the entrance of the restaurant.
>>
>>46121767
“Ah, come on in”, you can hear the Priest urge you. “It’s a medieval-style Inn. Reminds me of the region I come from!”
“Medieval style? I surely hope they don’t make me pay extra for rats in the soup, then”

The Priest laughs heartily. “You’re too funny, just too…” his expression changes into one of disgust. “Oh for the Goddess’s sake, no”.

You turn in the same direction he’s facing. There seems to be a small group of pre-pubescent girls at a table, dressed up like fairies. One of them seems to be looking at you.

>Dodge her gaze
>”What’s troubling you, Priest?”
>”Don’t tell me they don’t serve Black Death at this place anymore”
>>
It's been fun, guys.

thanks for everything
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.