[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blood Mage Quest #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 7
“The cut's bit sloppy, but not that bad. I’ll give you a dozen Small Moons for the lot”, said the bulky old man, after placing a wolf's fur back on the counter with the rest.

You scratched your head in thought. The hair felt really rough and oily, and you pulled out a little piece of dirt that was just entangled there. Yours must have been a sorry image. A youth not older than sixteen in dirty clothing, torn in some places, bloody in others, smelling of old sweat and the elements. Your skin was in no better condition, and you itched all over.

You probably wouldn't be mistaken for a street urchin, though, because of the trusty bow slung across your back.

You have been pushing through the wilderness after leaving your home three weeks ago. Now, you have finally arrived to the town of Bergost. With no coin in your pockets, you decided to sell the animal skins you’ve harvested during your journey. After some investigation you found this place, “Gregor’s General Goods”. His offer, however, didn’t seem very fair.

“Even these wolves didn’t bite as hard as your prices.”, you mumbled underneath your breath.

The merchant chuckled and said:

“You’re free to try your luck elsewhere, son, but you won’t find a deal more generous. I’m barely going to turn a profit here!”

What do you do?

>Fine, I accept.
>No deal.
>Try and raise the price (will require a roll).
>Write in...
>>
>>46118010
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rules of the game:

This is a cooperative narrative, with some random chance involved sometimes. The players will vote on the actions of the main character and I will describe the results. Sometimes they will be based on a check.

In this case, three players roll a d100, taking the best result, and adding a bonus or a penalty based on your character’s capabilities, the situation, and the difficulty of the task at hand.

The success or failure depends on the final score, according to this table:

1-10: Epic failure with dire consequences
11-25:A failure with some negative consequences
26-50:A small failure with little to no negative consequences
51-75: A small success
76-90: A solid success
91-100: An epic success
A natural one is always an epic fail and takes priority over better results, and a natural 100 is always an epic success
>>
>>46118010
At least toss in a clean shirt pants and a bar of soap for me.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>46118010
>>Try and raise the price (will require a roll).
>>
>>46118010
>>Write in...

"We're talking prime wolfskin here. You can't rip me off like this! Raise it to 'insert reasonable price'".
>>
>>46118010
Some bartering should do.
How about clean clothes, soap and a dagger on top of that scrap you are giving me for these fine furrs?
>>
>>46118109
nice one m8
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>46118109
Seconding this awesome roll.
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>46118145
damn forgot the roll
>>
>>46118109
Writing.
>>
File: town.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
town.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
>>46118010
“How about clean clothes, soap and a dagger on top of that scrap you are giving me for these fine furrs?”, you offered, after some consideration.

For a moment you could swear you could feel his pity for you on a physical level. You can’t say it was very pleasant.

“You know what, fine. But just ‘cause you remind me of someone, so don’t go about spilling your guts that you got a deal like that from me. And don’t spend it all in one place!”

After you shook on the deal, and you got yourself a bag full of stuff, and a little purse heavy with coin, you chatted for a bit with the kind man, and then said your farewells and hurried out of his shop.

Now that you had some money, it was time to decide what to do with it.

>You need a bath, right now
>An actual bed for a change would do. It’s pretty early, but you are tired
>You can’t stay here, it’s not safe. Just buy some supplies and hurry out of town. You can wash yourself in a river later
>You need some information about your teacher. He got you into this mess, and he couldn’t have gone too far
>You need some information about the people after you. Knowledge is power, and you’ll need all the power you can get
>Write in...

>>You can pick more than 1 option
>>
>>46118492
>>You need a bath, right now

Ask around if there's a need for farm-hands in the surroundings (if we need to hide, also give us a premise damn it).
>>
>>46118492
>>You need some information about your teacher. He got you into this mess, and he couldn’t have gone too far
>>You need some information about the people after you. Knowledge is power, and you’ll need all the power you can get
>>
>>46118492

>You need some information about your teacher. He got you into this mess, and he couldn’t have gone too far

(if we wanna gather info we should at least look presentable)
>>
>>46118555
>>46118706
>>46118735
Writing these, and also some EXPOSITION, as requested.
>>
>>46118492
>>46118492
>>
>>46118492
>>
>>46118492
You need a bath right now.
Stay out of sight before doing that.
Then gather info on the old fart who taught us forbidden magic without mentioning that it's forbidden.
Oh and look for a place to hide and/or work.
>>
As you sat down in the nice, warm water, letting your body soak. As you felt all your tension slowly melt away, you suddenly realized that you didn’t have to worry for your life, at least for now. And so, you had time to actually think over your situation.

You were a blood mage. Well, not exactly. You were trying to become a blood mage, studying under master Kovral. It’s been a long journey filled with hardships, and no end in sight. You could do a few tricks, but you didn’t even close to his skill.

Although you should probably keep your practices a secret, while here in Bergost. In your village the people have accepted your master, and have grown reliant on his powers to defend them from the nasty things that stalked the wilds. Here, however, the word of the Astrologists is law, and the practice of blood magic is punished by death.

These heavy thoughts made you remember your village again.

‘I wonder if Cillia is fine, after helping me escape’, you thought. You could only hope that nothing happened to her.

About three weeks ago, a woman came through your village, accompanied by a dozen guards. They bore strange symbols on their armours, and they said they were from the Celestial Order of Qua-Turu, whoever that is.

“Worry not, our brothers under the stars”, she declared, “These men have come to defend your village from the creatures of the night.”

They were to be stationed there, on the orders of some Lord, or High Seer. To be truthful, his name and station didn't tell you much. Your master, however, seemed to have recognized it.

Cont...
>>
>>46119595
Next morning the woman and her honor guard were found slaughtered, their weapons and armors cut into pieces like firewood, and your master had disappeared.

When the people discovered the bodies, they obviously blamed Kavral for the deed, and then they decided to capture you, and let the Celestial Order do as they please with you. If not for your friend’s warning, you would have been probably executed already.

But, Cillia woke you up, and told you all about it. And so, you gathered all your humble belongings, and set out into the wild, figuring the Order wouldn't be able to track you down. After wandering for three weeks, here you are, soaking in a bath. In all fairness, it all could have turned out much worse.

But, as much as you’d like to spend your time here, you can’t. So, you need to come up with a plan on how to get some information.

>Maybe chat up some other patrons here?
>Find a tavern. Everybody knows you that in your situation you need a tavern
>Just walk about town, listen in on conversations. Maybe you’ll learn something useful
>Write in…
>>
>>46119635
>>Just walk about town, listen in on conversations. Maybe you’ll learn something useful
>>Write in…

Find some institutions like temples or libraries or even book stores (we do know how to read right?) and get some general knowledge.
Say we lived with our grandpa in the woods as huntsmen and he recently passed away.
>>
>>46119695
This
>>
>>46119695
I second it.
>>
>>46119695
this pls
>>
>>46119695
Ok, calling it here. Going to need a 1d100 - 30 for the info gathering in town.
>>
Rolled 60 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

>>46119845
Rollan.
Also keep up a clean act and keep a look out for possible honest work.
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>46119845
>>
Rolled 38 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

Rollan.
>>
Rolled 46 + 30 (1d100 + 30)

>>46119845
>>
Rolled 46 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

>>46119845
Man we get caught or wat?

Switch to a 3d10 roll instead.
>>
Rolled 31 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

>>46119845
Man these are some bad rolls.
>>
>>46119845
>Requireing rolls when nobody knows how we look like and we wear clean clothes and have bathed.

It's like you don't want us to have the opportunity to play as anything but some crazy wizard.
>>
>>46119845

With a force of will to match the gods, you managed to leave your bath, and rub yourself dry. You’ve put on some decently fresh clothes, and ventured into the town, hoping to eavesdrop on some interesting conversations.

“The trick to being a good hunter, is to be unseen”, your father used to tell you. But that’s quite impossible in a busy crowd. Here, you have to be seen, but look like you belong. And so you spend hours just browsing about the market, looking at some fruit, and even end up having to buy some. The rumors that you manage to pick up are of no particular interest to you, however.

The price on fish is rising, and there is a pack of werewolves somewhere out there in the woods. Also, some people are talking about the massacre in your village, but nothing that you didn’t know yet.

Disappointed and tired, you find your way to a library. It’s a small building filled with dusty tomes and scrolls, overseen by an old and fragile little man. However, there have to be many texts here on religious orders, and you are terribly lacking in your knowledge about them. Perhaps you could even find something new about blood mages, something that could help you track down your master.

What do you search for?

>Something about the Astrologist religion in general
>Something about Celestial Orders
>Something about Celestial Order of Qua-Turu
>Something about blood magic
>Write in...
>>
>>46120195
>>Something about Celestial Order of Qua-Turu
>>Something about blood magic
>>
>>46120195
>>Something about Celestial Orders
>>
>>46120195
>Something about the Astrologist religion in general
>Something about Celestial Orders
>>
>>46120195
>Something about blood magic
>>
>>46120195
>>Something about the Astrologist religion in general
>>Something about Celestial Orders
>>Something about Celestial Order of Qua-Turu
>>Something about geography, history of the land
>>Some popular myth
>>A bestiary containing common monsters and animals
>>
Calling it here and writing it. I guess you guys really like exposition, huh?
>>
>>46120195
>Beastiary
>>
>>46120464
No shit.
You didn't even introduce our character besides telling us that we are in rags, smell, are a 16 year old boy and are running from some sort of pursuers.
It's okay for a first post but you'd best tie in the explanation in the second post as well as a dice system you'll be using.
I prefer the 3d10 best out of 3, players write up action an you tell the DC to beat.
>>
>>46120464
After a quick greeting with the librarian, you choose a table nearby, and then scour the shelves for anything relevant to your search. There aren’t any other visitors besides yourself, so you dig into the books without any disturbances.

First you decide to better your knowledge of the religious practices in general. And so, you pick a heavy tome called “Glory to the Skies!”:

“... The Celestial Plane covers our world like a blanked, carefully placed by a mother, so as to protect her young. From beyond the lofty veil, gods watch over us, day and night. From our humble abode, that is our plane, we see them as the Sun, the Moons, and the Stars.

When the sky is blue, our lord Astroi protects us from the evils, and lights our path. At nightfall, his lover and his daughter guide our way through the darkness. Those would be the greater and the smaller moons we see in the sky. To lighten their burden, they are helped by their faithful subjects, who are too many to name in this manuscript. Those would be the stars.

The people who have dedicated their lives to the gods, we call Astrologists, for they spend their time looking at the Celestial Plane above, trying to decipher the will of the gods. For their efforts and sacrifice, they have been given mystical gifts of power, and the responsibility to use it for the good of all. And so, it is our honor and duty to aid them in all we can... “

‘It is our honor, huh? I think I’ll refuse for now, considering they are the ones trying to kill me.’

Cont...
>>
>>46121625
You spent some more time reading about the subject, and then pass onto the Celestial Orders:
“... Even though the faithful must respect all the gods, sometimes there are groups formed around a particular dedication to worshiping a single star. These groups are generally known as Celestial Orders. They are founded by an Astrologist of great wisdom and skill, often called the Lord or Lady of the Order, after he or she has become exceptionally proficient in understanding a particular god.

From this understanding they have incredible strength, and even those serving under them gain some powers, so long as they follow their god’s will... “

After finishing up that tome, you spend some time digging through the materials at hand in search for something about Qua-Turu in particular.

All you find is a scroll written by a modern historian, that talks about their accomplishments since the day of their founding, until about five years ago.

It all began with a noble turned Astrologist by the name of Lord Minduri, over two decades ago. During their existence, their efforts have been focused on protecting the people against supernatural threats, like magical beasts, necromancers, and, well, blood mages.

After finishing this scroll, you decided to stretch a bit. As you lifted your head and cracked your neck a bit, you saw a middle-aged man standing at the other side of your table.

The man was wearing fancy purple robes with expensive golden thread woven into constellations, marking him as a member of the clergy. Seeing that you noticed him, the man spoke up:

“Ah, but it is nice to see that the youth of today has such a passion to learn! Do you mind if I sit down next to you, young man?”, he said, smiling innocently.

You felt a spike of panic for a brief moment. Before you stood a man that would have your head if only he knew the truth about you.
>>
>>46121672
What do?
>Y-yeah, sure.
>N-no, sorry I like to be alone
>I gotta go!
>Just ignore him and keep reading, maybe he’ll go away.
>He knows, stab the fucker and run away.
>Write in…
>>
>>46121672
>>Y-yeah, sure.
>>
>>46121722
>Y-yeah, sure.
>Just...when you realize being ignorant can mess things up, you want to stop being ignorant. It's like standing in a fire.
>>
>>46121722
"I was wondering, do astrologists ever interpret the teachings differently from each other?"
Get him talking about his passion, man.
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1024x1918) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 1024x1918
Blood mages, you say?
>>
>>46121839
Wow. I am so taking that for myself. Also, writing.
>>
>>46121757
>>46121769
>>46121822
“Y-yeah, sure”, you humbly answer after a second of hesitation.

“Oh, that’s nice. My legs are killing me after standing here so long. You seemed so focused and I couldn’t dare to disturb you.”, he said, pulling up a chair and sitting across from you.

“Just… When you realize being ignorant can mess things up, you want to stop being ignorant. It’s like standing in a fire.”, you offer an excuse, and pull up a bestiary closer to you.

“Ah, funny you should say that. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, and what gets you thrown in a fire is what you know.”

You looked into the man’s green eyes, trying to guess why he said that. For a brief moment you could feel life energy flowing through him, and through the old librarian, and you felt each of your heartbeats like a surge of power. But, you restrained yourself from going into a trance. It could get you into a lot of trouble. For now, you had better distract him.

“I was wondering, do astrologists ever interpret the teaching differently from each other?”

“Why, of course. There are as many versions as there are stars in the sky. Literally. But, we do have to agree on some things, or else there’d just be chaos. Although you don’t want to disagree with someone who’s higher than you, at least not too loudly. That could get you labeled a heretic, and nobody wants that, oh no. But… what am I thinking? We haven’t even been introduced and I’m already telling you all the holy secrets! My name is Guzio, by the way.”

How do you respond?
>Say your real name(Which is?)
>Introduce yourself under a fake name(What?)
>Write in...

Also:
>Stop talking, focus on reading
>Ask him something(What?)
>Write in...
>>
>>46122729
>Introduce yourself under a fake name
A relatively common and nondescript first name for the area. No idea what that would be.

>Ask him what brings him to the library. Not that you mind the company, but surely he has better things to do than have a conversation with some boy with his nose deep in a book.
>>
>>46122729
>>Introduce yourself under a fake name(What?)
Alehandro

>Stop talking, focus on reading
>>
>>46122729
Tully.
>Ask him what brings him to the library. Not that you mind the company, but surely he has better things to do than have a conversation with some boy with his nose deep in a book.
>>
>>46122729
Miru, nice and simple.
I...hope its within the naming conventions of the society.

Ask him where he differs in opinion than most.
>>
>>46122729
>>Introduce yourself under a fake name
Alehandro
Ask him what he's studying.
>>
Alehandro it is.
>>
>>46123065
You quickly thought of a common enough name to give him:

“Alehandro. My name is Alehandro.”

“Named after prophet, are you? A fascinating sign”, he mumbled the last part under his breath.

“No, actually I think it was my grandpa who was called Alehandro. But my name aside, and I don’t mind the company, but what brings you here? Surely, a man of your magnitude has better things to do than have a conversation with some boy nose deep in his studies.”

“Perhaps. Or perhaps there could be nothing more important. You see, the stars have told me that I would the answer I seek in here. I have been coming here every evening since. I’ve read all the letters in this sky-forsaken place at least three times over. Even the naughty word scratched on the bottom of the table we’re sitting at. And it can’t be the old Piero over there either, I checked. And, could you imagine my surprise and excitement when I come here for the twenty-fourth time and see you?”

“Not to be noisy, but what kind of answers are you looking for, exactly?”, you asked, intrigued.

“I better not tell you, for your own sake. I can, however, offer you a job. So, what do you say? How would you like to help me help the world? It comes with great moral high ground over your peers, and a direct access to the donation chest.”

What do?
>Agree
>Disagree
>Write in…
>>
File: evil mage.jpg (220 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
evil mage.jpg
220 KB, 1024x1448
>>46123691
>Agree
Money is always welcome.
>>
>>46123691
>Agree
>>
>>46123691
>decline
"with all due respect, gaining moral high ground only to gain moral high ground isn't very moral at all. Neither would be doing anyhing with the donation chest."
>>
>>46123691
>>Agree
I feel like we're gonna get sacrificed to some outer star god but what the heck. Mention that we'd really enjoy helping people, bonuses aside.
>>
>>46123691
>Disagree
Seems like a test.
>All these fags taking the job
>>
>>46123691
>...I've been burned by sticking my hand in something I shouldn't have. Are you sure about this?
>>
>>46123769
Nevermind. Voting for this >>46123851
>>
>>46123691
>Disagree
>>
>>46123691
>Disagree
With one sentence, you offer me the moral high ground, and a quick way to lose it? I'm sorry, sir, but right now my main concern is my studies.
>>
Looks like you don't want to take my plot hook his offer. Fair enough.
>>
>>46124036
“With all due respect, gaining moral high ground only to gain moral high ground isn’t very moral at all. Neither would be doing anything with the donation chest. I'm sorry, sir, but right now my main concern is my studies.”, you said, shaking your head.

“Why can’t you smartlings have a good sense of humor too? Or maybe I was wrong, and you really don’t know anything… Oh well, I guess we’ll see it in time. If you change your mind for some reason, come find me in the town’s Observatory.”

With that, he abruptly stood up, and walked out the door. After he left, the old librarian spoke up:

“Listen up, boy, I have to close down shop. The books aren’t going anywhere, so how about you come by tomorrow? And, before you even ask, no, you can’t take any books with you. I know your type. I’ll never see them again if I give them to you. So, go, run along now.”

Where do you go?
>It’s getting pretty late, you better find an inn to stay
>You’re not going to stay in town for the night. Go outside and camp
>You are a young adult in a strange town with no guiding. It’s time to get drunk and hit on local women
>Actually, you really want to read that bestiary. Walk around for a bit and then break into the library
>Write in…
>>
>>46124455
>>You are a young adult in a strange town with no guiding. It’s time to get drunk and hit on local women
So tempting....

but
>You’re not going to stay in town for the night. Go outside and camp

And practice or blood magic so we know just what the heck we can do.
>>
>>46124455
>It’s getting pretty late, you better find an inn to stay
>>
>>46124455

>You are a young adult in a strange town with no guiding. It’s time to get drunk and hit on local women
No one would suspect the drunk idiot to be a blood mage.
>>
>>46124581
>"Hhhey therr shexy, I'mma blood mage y'know, lemme buy ya summin t'drink?"
Yep, no way that could go wrong.
>>
>>46124659
But who would believe a drunk?
>>
>>46124455
>>You’re not going to stay in town for the night. Go outside and camp
>>
>>46124719
Likely, no one. But on the other hand, can we really be sure no one would report us in on the off-chance it got them points with the Astrologists?
>>
>>46124721
Writting.
>>
>>46124774
Depends on how mad the Astrologists get about potential false claims.
>>
Wolf/Dire wolf companion when nigga when
>>
>>46124808
You sigh, but don’t bother trying to ask just for a few more minutes. It’s getting pretty late anyway, and you want to get out of town and find yourself a nice place to stay.

When you left the library it was already dark outside, with both moons guiding your way. There were very little lights in the town itself, so as to let the Astrologists have a better look at the starlit sky, but some rowdy taverns had light shining through closed windows. You thought about coming in for a drink, but quickly decided against it.

After a while, you reached the outskirts, and even found a nice little place to sleep. The ground was pretty dry, and there was a tree right above it, so that if it started raining, you wouldn’t get as wet.

‘Home, sweet home’, you thought, throwing your trusty blanket into the spot, and finishing up the apples you get earlier at the market.

Cont...
>>
>>46125772
You decided to train for a bit, before going to sleep. You sat down on the blanket with your legs crossed and tried keeping your breath steady. Your master would probably congratulate you both on your instincts and your restraint, after you almost entered into the trance back at the library. But what does he know, he just murdered a bunch of people not so long ago.

Pushing the thoughts away and letting your mind drift, you focused on your heartbeats. Your hands, almost by themselves, took out your dagger. Not the new one you got at the store, that was made of metal. No, the one carved out of dog bones, the one you made yourself as your first lesson. You took it and placed the tip of it into your left hand. Your palm was covered by many scars left by many rituals. It didn’t hurt, not really.

You closed your eyes, and began to feel. You felt the energy within you move, from your heart, to your lungs, and then back to the hearth, and then spread across your whole body, before returning, drained, back to your heart and beginning the journey again. Besides your own lifeblood, there were two pools of energy that were foreign to your body. It was the blood of those animals you hunted down and consumed. You could draw upon it at any time you wanted, and gain their strength.

You also felt the energy of living critters all around you. A rabbit slept in a hole not so far from you. Bats were flying about, catching their insect prey. You could even feel the little worms in the earth. You sat still, just listening to your own feelings.

Cont...
>>
>>46125818
You lost measure of time after a while. You came back to your senses when something disturbed you. A creature, about as big as you, has entered the range of your senses. You could feel it unnatural heartbeat, and it’s vibrant energy. What stumbled upon you wasn’t a normal beast, and not a man.

You slowly opened your eyes, and, without moving your head, glanced at the visitor. A humanoid shape, about thirty feet away from you, was stalking towards your little camp. It’s features were hidden by the darkness, but you could make out what looked like a spear or a staff in it’s hands.

>Grab your bow and shoot at it
>Wait until it comes closer and stab it with your knife
>You can use your blood magic to create a Blood Replica of your weapon, and throw it at the thing
>You can wait until it comes closer and hit it with your most powerful ability: the Red Mist. It can quickly devastate your opponent, but is also pretty draining
>You could also apply it to your weapon, greatly increasing it’s powers. It’s not as draining, and it allows your bone knife to cut through steel like it’s paper
>Use the Aspect of the Wolf and tear it apart with your claws and teeth!
>Use the Aspect of the Rabbit to run the fuck away.
>Maybe it’s friendly? Introduce yourself.
>Write in...
>>
>>46125876
>>
File: 1458059390552.png (105 KB, 417x468) Image search: [Google]
1458059390552.png
105 KB, 417x468
>>46125876
>Use the Aspect of the Rabbit to run the fuck away
>>
>>46125876
>Maybe it's friendly? Introduce yourself
>>
>>46125876
>>Use the Aspect of the Rabbit to run the fuck away.

To hell with dealin' with unnatural shit.
>>
>>46125876
>Be ready to fucking dodge the fuck away if it's not.
>>
>>46125876

We could use a friend...but...
>Use the Aspect of the Rabbit to run the fuck away if it isn't friendly.
>>
>>46126002
>>46126046
>>46125993
diss
>>
You guys are missing the point, I think. But okay. Gimme a roll at -40.
>>
Rolled 86 - 40 (1d100 - 40)

>>46126130
WITNESS ME
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>46126130
Thats super steep, fuck
>>
Rolled 61 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

>>46126130
>>
>>46126130
pretty sure the one missing the point is (you)
>>
>>46126174
Not bad. Sure, why not, let's go with this.
>>
>>46126270
Never give anons a choice and expect them to not take it.
>>
>>46126270

‘Maybe it’s a friend?’, you thought wishfully, but got ready to run if things were to get out of hand.

You stood up and turned towards the visitor, hiding the dagger in your sleeve, and waving at him with the other hand.
“Hey there, stranger! What brings you to these parts of the woods?”

The creature almost tripped over itself in surprise. You heard a growling response:

“Grrah, stoopid khooman! Khow you see me? And why no rrrun? No call khelp? Yrrou trrry trrrick me?”

At least it's not rushing at you. That's good. But now what?

>Write in...
>>
>>46126472
I really thought you would try to kill the thing in one way or another. But I really underestimated /tg/ diplomatic tendencies.
>>
>>46126584
>Offer it some rabbit. Toss it to the edge of the ring of light.
>"I'm not gonna hurt you. You can have that if you're hungry, but I'm just looking for a place to sleep."
>>
>>46126722
This sounds reasonable. I vote for this.
>>
>>46126722
This seems good enough for me!
>>
>>46126722
I think we ate the rabbit.

However, we CAN point out the nearby rabbit hole.
>>
>>46126722
supporting

>>46126685
/tg/ has three modus operandi
diplomancy
seduction
bouncing
>>
>>46126584
"Even if I'm one of them, humans aren't very big fans of me. At least, not fans of what humans like me do. As far as I'm concerned, I have less to worry about from you than I do other people."
>>
>>46126774
Can we seduce it?
>>
File: Calm down knigga.png (10 KB, 381x351) Image search: [Google]
Calm down knigga.png
10 KB, 381x351
>>46126774
What about BEING ANGRY? elves optional
>>
>>46126774
The recent hollow quest doesnt
The modus operandi there is
Stealth
Observe
Learn
Devour
>>
>>46126888
Rules and exceptions.

Plus I think we've been bouncing most of our stuff besides those to hollow from the train.
>>
Ok guys, I'll write the post, and it's gonna be the last one for tonight. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>46126944
What exactly do you mean by bouncing
>>
>>46126968
To Bounce:

To sweep in, wreck shit, then bug out.
>>
File: gnoll.jpg (128 KB, 528x825) Image search: [Google]
gnoll.jpg
128 KB, 528x825
>>46126949
“No, I’m not. There’s no trick, or trap, or anything of the sort. I just want a place to spend the night, and I want to spend it in peace. If you’re looking to eat, there’s a rabbit hole under that bush with some tasty rabbit in there.”, you said tiredly. You were to fed up with running away these past few weeks, and you weren’t about to run now.

“I need no khelp with khunting!”, you heard a response.

To that, you said nothing. After you studied each other for at least a good minute, the thing moved towards the bushes you pointed out. You heard the sound of flesh being pierced, and then meat being devoured. It lasted a while.

After that, the thing slowly approached. As it got closer, you started making out some details of it. For a second you got tense, because you thought you saw a werewolf before you, and remembered your last encounter with one of those.

But no, the creature was to small and to civilized to be one of their kind. It did have very canine features about it: it had a long muzzle, and a thick fur, now covered in rabbit blood. It wore some leather clothing, and in it’s paws it held a primitive spear. You heard of creatures such as these from your master. Gnolls, he called them.

“If you want sleep, why no go to otherr khumans? Therre arre many, they keep you safe. Arre you outcast?”

“Something like that, yes. Even if I'm one of them, humans aren't very big fans of me. At least, not fans of what humans like me do. As far as I'm concerned, I have less to worry about from you than I do other people."

The creature sat next to you, as if thinking about the meaning of your words. After a minute it nodded, saying:

“I outcast too.”

The gnoll began it’s tale of how it got thrown out of it’s tribe. And you sat there, listening to this unlikely acquaintance.
>>
Again, thank you all for playing. I'll run tomorrow at 4-5 pm yurop time. In any case, here is my twitter: https://twitter.com/bloodmageqm

Also, I would apreciaste any criticism or advice about the format, the rules, the time I take writing, and so on.

Also, feel free to ask any questions about the setting/the character.
>>
>>46127643
> 4-5 pm yurop time
Is Europe only one time zone?
>>
>>46127700
London/Lisbon time.
>>
>>46127643
Time is definitely a bit long, i thought you abandoned the quest or were off doing something several times.
For system, i would do this:
No penalties or bonuses to rolls. Just have a dc depending on difficulty of task, and a critrange for difficulty of task. Hollow quest does it pretty well.
For instance.
Normal task, dc 50 crit 80
Anything above fifty passes
Anything eighty and up crits
>>
>>46127643
Times were a little long but it seems interesting. Make sure you let us know what our characters goals are, and anything else they would know in character that we could screw up cause we don't know ooc.

Also don't complain about our choices. Give us the the rope and let us either climb to safety or hang ourselves.
>>
>>46127752
I like that system
Systems that use penalties and buffs to rolls just end up making anons salty, admittedly it makes me salty too. I just dont like seeing negative modifiers. When it's just hidden behind a harder dc, it aint nearly so bad.
>>
>>46127643

I really enjoyed this quest, my only issue was time to take with writing but that is just because I'm an impatient fuck. You did great.
>>
I'm glad you liked it. I'll think about changing the system, even though I really like this one. Also, I'll work on my speed, but that can only come from practice.
>>
>>46128210
Excited to find out more about blood magic and blood mages. See you tomorrow!
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.