[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for a demon not to be a complete evil dick-head?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15
File: 1457742536325.jpg (1 MB, 936x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457742536325.jpg
1 MB, 936x1200
Is it possible for a demon not to be a complete evil dick-head?
>>
>>46117364
DEPENDS ON THE SETTING
E
P
E
N
D
S

O
N

T
H
E

S
E
T
T
I
N
G
>>
File: Fall_from_Grace_full.jpg (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Fall_from_Grace_full.jpg
92 KB, 500x375
It's possible, but not at all common, considering that demons and devils are, in a lot of settings, evil given physical form.
>>
>>46117364
Totally. Go play your succubus paladin and continue to dilute the meaning of demon-hood.
>>
File: rubliax.jpg (60 KB, 398x687) Image search: [Google]
rubliax.jpg
60 KB, 398x687
>>46117364
Yes
>>
>>46117364
Define a demon
>>
>>46117364
No, that's kind of their thing.
>>
Assuming we're talking about your standard D&D cosmology, no. A demon who isn't chaotic evil isn't a demon anymore. However, that doesn't mean you can't have a friendly conversation with one.
>>
Yes. Be an Old Scratch type figure; never lies, or makes someone do something they aren't sure about. He convinces them to give up their souls, and makes wagers he know they can't win.
>>
Yes, but why.

Why. The answer needs to be better than "it's possible for a demon to not be a complete evil dick-head", and I'm afraid that's going to be a particularly hard case to prove in most circumstances.
>>
>>46117364
No, because they're not real so they're not capable of being anything.

Unless you mean in your imagination, in which case why are you asking us you retard? If you want a non-dickhead demon, go nuts.

People who ask generic questions like this without the context of a setting are such a fucking waste of time.
>>
File: nephilim_by_satanx15-d5t8968.png (975 KB, 1000x573) Image search: [Google]
nephilim_by_satanx15-d5t8968.png
975 KB, 1000x573
>>46117364
If angels can fall then demons can rise.

Against the tide and uphill and in defiance and powered by spite and hate and more spite.

Why are they cutting against the grain? Because fuck you and fuck your rebellion and fuck lost causes and pointless rebellions built on anothers pride.

Can you get back into His grace? get your old job back? Be as if what happened never was? Yes. No. Maybe. You don't know and that bothers you. You will know if you can when you do it and you will never stop trying to claw back up that hill because you have pride. Total pride. you are an angel in disgrace and that simply will not do.

It's too late. You are marching towards the light even though it may burn. It is a cleansing flame. To turn back means that you were wrong and you aren't going to do that any time soon.
>>
>>46117364
Of course, but remember that demons are fucking evil.
They can be discreet about it, they can be manipulative or disguised as a force of good, but a demon will always be evil at the core.

If you want a good succubus or a misunderstood devil, stop calling them demons, because they are not.
Call them spirits, elementals, sprites, outsiders, anything besides demons.
Because despite what teenaged edgelords tell you, demons by their very nature, are fucking evil.

And no, succubi and demons cannot be redeemed, the whole fallen angel idea is about how difficult it is to stay on the path of righteousness and how it can happen to anything, even angels.
It is not about how you can convince anyone to be good with some hot dickings.
It's to better show the burdenous fine line that paladins walk every day.
also if you just want a sex-demon as your fuck-buddy, go for a nymph, literally the same fucking creature without the 100% evil.
>>
File: 1431432778897.gif (647 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1431432778897.gif
647 KB, 500x375
There are exceptions to every rule. You can have a demon be a good person and an angel be a dick.

However, you probably should explain, or at least have an idea /why/ it's an exception. Maybe the demon was raised by a lawful good paladin and it ended up lawful good as a result. Maybe a high leveled priest used a powerful spell that changed the very nature of the demon. Hell, maybe the demon is just sick of other demons being dicks and tries not being a dick for once.

Just keep the setting and lore in mind and try not to make something totally unfitting.
>>
>>46117686
I am actually gonna use this on a dragon.

A chromatic dragon that was abadoned as an egg, raised my a metallic dragon. Prob a silver since they seem to be the nicest of the bunch. Fighting against his instincts all the time to not be an evil fuck. Kinda want him to be like paarthurnax from skyrim.
>>
>>46117364
>armored g-string
I don't know what's true anymore
>>
What the fuck is that image? A knight killed all the noble women and now a stripper is coming to stop him?
>>
>>46117380
Came in here to post this.
These threads are retarded.
>>
>>46117834
>>46117875
Clearly OP wanted to combine to of the most overused thread ideas.

>>46117877
Everything is dependent on setting, you jerkass. That doesn't make the idea itself not worth exploring and deciding upon whether it fits in the setting you are planning on running, even if this particular idea has been discussed to death.
>>
DEPENDS ON THE SETTING
E N
P I
E T
N T
D E
S S

O E
N H
T
T
H N
E O

S S
E D
T N
T E
I P
N E
GNITTES EHT NO SDNEPED
>>
>>46117875
Fantasy vs Reality. It's taking the piss out of steel bikinis.
>>
>>46117875
Making of fun of retards in bikini armor cause the one in full plate is also a lady but she if protected and kicking their asses.
>>
>>46117364
Funnily enough, most of the "actual" demons from occult texts had bening portfolios (like helping you learn new languages or teaching people math). It actually makes sense when you think about it. Who would you rather sell you soul to:
>The demon prince of undeath and pestilence who...gives you the plague?
>The demon prince who helps you with your studies and shows you how to hook up with your girlfriend?

Might be an interesting idea to include in a setting: demons (or devils if you stick to the standard DnD intrepertion where devils are the ones making pacts with mortals) are all really nice and don't make their deals screw you or other people over (so if you wish for a million dollar you get a million dollars, without the money being stolen or falling on top of you and crushing you, or anything). But they're still cosmic embodiments of evil and the price of the deal is that once you die they get your soul to do what they want with for rest of eternity. They're just smart enough to know the value of good publicity.
>>
>>46117912
I failed miserably. I'm retired now in shame.
>>
>>46117915
>>46117920
So, you're really just here to start up this old argument. Great, wonderful little shitty troll thread you've got rolling.
>>
>>46117925
Time to sudoku.
>>
>>46117954
No I am not. I was talking about chromatic dragons being raised by metallic dragons. I was merely pointing out the meaning of the picture.
>>
Depends on setting. Generally they are by nature chaotic evil, or at least lawful evil of their own rules. In some settings you can have demons and angels just be denizens of another realm instead of evil and holy religious-tied creatures, though that generally is their origin.
>>
>>46117954
Nah I just wanted to use it as a op, if I wanted to make that thread I would have taken it to /v/.
>>
>>46117742
>also if you just want a sex-demon as your fuck-buddy, go for a nymph, literally the same fucking creature without the 100% evil.
Nymphs typically don't have sexy horns, tails and wings, though. They're pretty much elfs but more magical and even prettier. Less exotic.

Really, you want a tiefling (pretty much the same look but not inherently evil and won't suck your soul out). Or if possible, a draenei (sexy holy space-not!demons). Too bad the latter only exist in WoW setting.
>>
>>46118053
Or you can just get an evil daemon and bend it to your will cause you are a fucking badass.
>>
>>46117364
In my setting, demons are the personifications of people's specific fears. So you could make friends with a spider demon if you're completely unafraid of spiders (to the point where it doesn't even think it could MAKE you afraid of spiders, because demons love that sort of shit). But your friend the spider demon is only interested in scaring people with spiders: that's their hobby, their job, and the thing they do instead of eating. It's only going to be interested in your friendship insofar as you're going to help scare people with spiders. It might be a fun person within that context, but it's still pretty one dimensional as a person.

(Replace spiders with fire, darkness, confined spaces, heights or whatever as necessary.)
>>
>>46117686

being good out of spite and hate isn't being Good, nice edges though
>>
>>46117364
Demons are parasites, at their core. They must feed on lifeforce in order to sustain themselved in the material world, which is where they want to be because hell/demonplane/section of demons in the otherworld is a shit place.

They will try to fool you into striking a deal with them that supplies them with the most life force while simultaneously not requiring much effort on their behalf.
But that doesn't mean they won't lend a helping hand to the downtrodden and the tormented. They just never do it for free.

So, technically yes, a demon can be nice and helpful, and more often so than you'd think, but only when it brings them closer to their goal.
>>
File: angelic1.jpg (258 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
angelic1.jpg
258 KB, 1680x1050
>>46118329
Fuck your edges and fuck your judgment. It is a redemption in His name, in His service always and only for Him and your condemnation is a gnats fart in the storm. Mortal presence and questions tolerated due to his love, His unending love.

Praise Him.
>>
>>46117364
Looking at OP's pic made me realize something.

The corpse closest to the front gave some head.
>>
File: rimshot.jpg (70 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
rimshot.jpg
70 KB, 525x394
>>46118485
>>
>>46117915
>female knights
>reality
it's actually my fetish vs your fetish
>>
File: demon_sage_by_jasontn-d9g4u3o.jpg (180 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
demon_sage_by_jasontn-d9g4u3o.jpg
180 KB, 1024x640
>Good/Bad/Chaotic/Lawful is a tangible force in the setting
no
>setting is good
yes
>>
File: Batreaux.png (183 KB, 522x480) Image search: [Google]
Batreaux.png
183 KB, 522x480
>>46117364
>>
>>46117364
Swordman has this look saying: 'Being sexy is not gonna protect you against anything you dumb little blonde. Nor is your golden g-string. Put on some real armor if you wanna live.'

Finally some realism.
>>
>>46118680
And then she proceeded to get seared to death by the first mage she fought against, because he heated the plates she was wearing to 100 degrees. That's what you get for being "mundane" and "realistic" in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>46118928
Well yeah but a metal bikini won't help you against a sword to the stomach.
>>
>>46118928
A metal bikini wouldn't save you from that either...in fact, you'd die even faster, because skin + fire = bad.
>>
>>46118928
>>46118976
This was literally covered by cavemen long ago.
The lesson was "FIRE HOT!".
>>
>>46118976
Bikini can be quickly removed. Full plate, not so much.

>>46118953
You can't have everything, I guess. Maybe the Amazons were at war with Fire Mages for centuries and their bikinis are enchated to grant them absolute fireproofness, but they haven't anticipated a crazy bitch in armor.
>>
>>46118329
But as soon as he stops being good out of spite and hate, he stops being a demon seeking redemption and is just an angel. Fiction doesn't care about the end result so much as the process of him trying to become good again. Presumably, he fails lots of times until something gives and he finally Learns His Lesson.
>>
>>46119053
>Bikini can be quickly removed. Full plate, not so much.
But how is that going to help if you get set on fire? Especially if it's enchanted so you could have fire immunity while using it.
>>
>>46119053
SHIT, I'M ON FIRE! BETTER GET NUDE, THAT WILL SAVE ME!
>>
>>46119128
>>46119140
The reasoning behind fireproof bikinis is that it's easier to raise the temperature of an inanimate object than to set a live being on fire or summon a fireball.

I'm making shit up on the go, I just don't like that picture.
>>
>>46119215
>The reasoning behind fireproof bikinis is that it's easier to raise the temperature of an inanimate object than to set a live being on fire or summon a fireball.
But they can still light your hair on fire.
>>
>>46119215
Okay, so you have a bikini that makes you immune to fire. Cool. Now what about literally everything else? Clubs, hammers, maces, daggers, swords, arrows, darts, bullets, explosions, spears, claws, fangs, fists, feet, talons, acid, cold, electricity, raw magic and any number of ANYTHING ELSE could very easily kill you.
>>
>>46119260
This.
>>46119215
And the fact that you can just wear fireproof full plate armor.
>>
that defeats the purpose of it being a demon, go peddle your fap fetish elsewhere.
>>
>>46119302
The armor-clad woman represents the "hurr durr, no nonsense, all realism" approach. Why would she spend precious gold on defense against something she has miniscule chances of encountering?
>I bet magic is just lies and clever tricks. Watch me fuck this mage up.
>OH GODS MY SKIN IS MELTING
>>
>>46119355
>Tells op to peddle his fap fetish.
>Doesn't say anything about metal bikinis.
>>
>>46117364

Is it wrong I find this a little erotic? Like, I could totally fap to this.
>>
>>46117796
I always liked the idea of the LE or NE dragon that protects a civilization because it views it as a part of it's hoard. The treasure of life is HIS to keep or spend.
>>
File: 1416860679325.gif (975 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1416860679325.gif
975 KB, 250x227
>>46119355
>mfw you made me realise it's a thinly veiled "redeemed succubus" thread
>>
File: Four Hundred Thousand Keks.png (167 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
Four Hundred Thousand Keks.png
167 KB, 256x384
>>46119299
>>46119355
>>46119388
>>
>>46117364
By D&D definition Demons are primal evil manifested into a living being.
By ceasing to be evil they cease to exist.
>>
>>46119388
Never said she was wearing fire proof full plate.
But the point is simple, why aren't you using full plate so the fire mage can't just shank you? Or just use non-elemental magic? It would be infinitely more useful than enchanted bikinis because you have very little defense against pretty much everything that's not fire.
>>
>>46118446

>i'ma beat Jesus into you
>>
>>46119299
>>46119510
>Clubs, hammers, maces, daggers, swords, arrows, darts, bullets, explosions, spears, claws, fangs, fists, feet, talons, acid, cold, electricity, raw magic and any number of ANYTHING ELSE
They were supposed to fight against Fire Mages. Skinnyfat guys whose weapon is magical fire. That's it.

I already admitted I write whatever I think up, there's no need to keep pushing.
>>
>>46119437
What's the point of this post?
>>
>>46118928
>because he heated the plates she was wearing to 100 degrees
oh no a whole 100 degrees whatever will she do, that's almost as hot as a texas summer day
>>
>>46119585

To remind people that dubs occur on dice as well, come on do you even play 4chan: Shitposting 8th Ed?
>>
>>46119566
It's still a very poor idea, because the mage can literally do the magic equivalent of throwing his shoes at you with Magic Missile.
>>
>>46119553
When you're built out of punch and trained to be His heavy hand your first response is not going to be "lets all talk about this and sing kumbaya".

You see a sin committed and you set that shit head back on the True Path by the most direct path. Then, if you are feeling generous, you find someone learned in the ways of setting bones.
>>
>>46119616
>filthy imperial units
100 degrees Celcius is the boiling point of water. At 40-something process of denaturation begins.
>>
>>46119676

>not built out of love

nice try stepdad, I'm running away and becoming a quaker
>>
>>46119727
No one ever got better without criticism and idiots don't learn without the occasional clip up the ear.

But saying that I've never met a Quaker who wasn't honest, hard working and nice so good for you.
>>
>>46119850

Lots of hard working nice quakers who never got clipped up the ear, or had the shit beaten out of them, or needed a bone setter. Lots of none-quakers too. Might be that you're hasty to dispense violent judgement when that isn't your place. Just an idea.
>>
>>46120006

>Might be that you're hasty to dispense violent judgement when that isn't your place. Just an idea.

>Azgarophiel is having a crisis of faith and a suspected need to rethink his job description.
>>
>>46119413
I am stealing this from you ok?
>>
File: Don't ever make a joke again.gif (121 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
Don't ever make a joke again.gif
121 KB, 500x276
>>46118485
If I could reach through the internet I would hit you.
>>
>>46117364

Does anyone have the image that's the reverse of this? There's one out there with several bikini-clad girls standing over a dead girl with armor like in the OP.
>>
File: 1455156654595.png (2 MB, 1022x1022) Image search: [Google]
1455156654595.png
2 MB, 1022x1022
>>46117364
>Is it possible for a demon not to be a complete evil dick-head?
>>
>>46123508
>her horns aren't real

boner deleted
>>
>>46117364

Yes

Eludecia and Fall-From-Grace are ones I know of
>>
File: SlayersRevolutionep05a.jpg (43 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
SlayersRevolutionep05a.jpg
43 KB, 1024x576
>>46117364
That 's a secret, Anon!
>>
>>46118680
Bet you think female characters should have STR-4 too
>>
>>46126411
dem bitches ain't but hoes and tricks, amiright or what?
>>
File: 1437066861459.jpg (32 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1437066861459.jpg
32 KB, 400x462
"Dæmon" is the Latin version of the Greek "δαίμων" ("godlike power, fate, god").

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and deities, similar to ghosts, spirit guides, forces of nature or the deities themselves
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.