[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paranormal Hunter Quest practice thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Paranormal.jpg (130 KB, 726x248) Image search: [Google]
Paranormal.jpg
130 KB, 726x248
Your name is David Coleman. You're nineteen years old, and until recently, you lived in a small suburb in New Jersey. A few months ago, however, things took a terrible turn, as your home was destroyed, and your family killed. Most believe it was a storm that caused the death and destruction, but you know better. You saw someone, or something, murder your family.

That's why you're travelling with Abe and Sarah.

They're a brother and sister, not much older than you, who lost their parents to the same thing a few years back. They've been hunting it ever since, and now you've joined them. The three of you have been travelling across the country, looking for any signs of the thing that killed your families, and fighting a host of things straight out of your nightmares along the way.

That's what you're doing now. The three of you are heading for a small town in Wisconsin, where a string of bizarre deaths occurred a month ago.

Abe is driving the 2005 Ford Focus you're all travelling in, while Sarah leans back in the passenger seat with her feet propped up on the dash. You sit in the back, with a few cases sitting next to you, filled with various weapons, charms, and pieces of ammunition.

A carjacker would be in for one hell of a surprise here.

>A. Ask about the case you're going to investigate

>B. Ask why the three of you are bothering with this instead of tracking down whatever killed your families

>C. Ask if you can stop and get something to eat

>D. Something else
>>
>>46116961
>B
>C
>>
>>46116961
>A. Ask about the case you're going to investigate

>B. Ask why the three of you are bothering with this instead of tracking down whatever killed your families

New Som quest? Interesting
>>
So, as the title suggests, this is a practice thread for a quest I will begin running near the end of May.

Same set up as a lot of other quests, each update ends with options, and you get ten minutes to vote on them. In the event of a draw, I will either combine the options if I can, or simply have a tiebreaker vote.

Writeins are, of course, allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

When it comes to investigating the paranormal in this quest, I'm going to assume that a lot of you anons are going to be googling things to figure out what you're dealing with. If you find some information, feel free to post it here, and I will devote an update to main character doing research and finding that information.

This is a thread to test the waters, and feedback is encouraged.

Hope everyone has fun
>>
>>46117075
Ur quest is bad
>>
>>46117015
>>46117048
You ask the two for details about the case.

Sarah turns her head, looking at Abe expectantly. Typically, Abe's the one who gathers the bulk of the information on these cases.

"About a month ago, three people went missing from a small town in Southeastern Wisconsin," he tells you. "Two are still missing, but one was found. A twenty-two year old named Roy Smith was found in the nearby woods, neck broken, stomach cut open, body parts missing, real gruesome scene. The authorities are attributing it to a bear."

"And you don't think that's what it was?" Sarah asks.

Abe shakes his head, but before he can continue, you cut in.

"Why are we bothering with this?" you ask. "Shouldn't we be looking for the thing that killed our families?"

Abe sighs. "We haven't seen any sign of it anywhere. Adam's keeping an eye out, but for now, there's no sense sitting around and doing nothing. We have a case, so let's go help some people."

You haven't met Adam face to face, but apparently he was the one who got Abe and Sarah involved in this profession. He contacts the three of you fairly often, giving you tips on cases, and, on rare occasion, pointing you in the direction of signs that seem to point to what you're after.

No such luck for a while, though, and now Abe and Sarah's friend Craig told you about this case, so you're on your way to Wisconsin.

>A. Ask Abe why he doesn't think it was a bear

>B. Ask to stop and get something to eat

>C. Try and take a nap

>D. Something else
>>
>>46117187
Y-you too
>>
>>46117320
>A. Ask Abe why he doesn't think it was a bear
I mean, there doesn't seem to be anything indicating that is anything paranormal so far
>>
>>46117320
>A
>B
>>
>>46117357
>>46117371
"Why don't you think it was a bear?" you ask, steering the subject back toward the case. "Nothing about what you just said really sounds paranormal."

"Bears are pretty rare in that part of the state," Abe tells you. "And the disappearances happened on the night of a full moon."

"So, you thinking Werewolf?" Sarah asks, looking forward again.

"Might be, town not too far away called Elkhorn has a legend of a werewolf like creature," Abe tells her. "Maybe it's just moved a bit East."

>A. He's kidding, right? A werewolf? Everyone knows those are made up

>B. You've heard about that thing before, and you don't remember ever hearing about it killing anybody

>C. The full moon is probably just a coincidence

>D. Something else
>>
>>46117476
>D
"I believe you Abe. Let's fuck its shit up."
>>
>>46117476
>D
"I believe you Abe. Let's fuck its shit up."
>>
>>46117510
>>46117568
"I believe you, Abe," you assure him. "Let's fuck its shit up."

Sarah laughs, and Abe gives a little chuckle.

"Alright then, we're all on board," Abe says happily, "Let's get going, then."

It's several more hours before you reach the town in question, and you pull up to the first cheap motel you find. The three of you climb out of the car, and Abe secures a room with two beds and a couch.

You bring what few possessions you have into the room, gazing longingly at the bed. You've been sleeping in the car for three days, so even the crappy ones at this motel look really appealing.

Abe plops down on the couch, leaving one bed for you, and one for Sarah.

"Full moon's tomorrow," Abe says, lying down and closing his eyes.

"So what, tomorrow we go and poke around?' Sarah asks. "I don't know how much information we'll get in a day."

"Don't need to. The people who went missing were all taken out of their homes," Abe tells her. "Like I said, two weren't found, but Roy's body was found in the woods. So, this thing apparently takes its victims back there."

"And so we're going to hang out there and be bait," Sarah grumbles. "Great."

"It worked last time," Abe tells her. "And hanging out in the woods at night is a lot easier than posing as police or federal agents."

Sarah lies down on her bed. "That's pretty easy, too."

>A. If you already know where the thing's going to be, playing X-Files won't really accomplish anything. Besides, this way you can all sleep in tomorrow.

>B. You agree with Sarah, it might be a good idea to do some digging tomorrow.

>C. Just go to sleep and let them work it out

>D. Something else
>>
>>46117708
>A
We know about werewolves, as long as we have some silver we should be good.
>>
>>46117741
"If we already know where the thing's going to be, playing X-Files won't really accomplish anything," you tell Sarah. "This way we can all sleep in tomorrow. And besides, as long as we have some silver, we should be good."

"We have plenty of silver bullets," Sarah assures you. "But killing a werewolf isn't as easy as you think it is."

"There's actually two steps to killing a werewolf," Abe says. "First, you shoot it with silver."

"But, you gotta shoot it in the head or the heart, otherwise you'll just hurt it, and it'll be pissed when it recovers," Sarah explains. "Then you have to cut out the head or heart, whichever you shot, and burn it."

"And even knowing how to kill it, they're still dangerous," Abe warns. "They're strong, they're fast, they have an amazing sense of smell, and they're smarter than other animals."

>A. Thank them for the tips

>B. Go to sleep

>C. Go find a place to buy some beer

>D. Something else
>>
>>46117898
>A
>C
I don't want to die sober.
>>
>>46117898
>D. Something else
Research fucking werewolves just in case
>>
>>46117898
D

we could research shit
>>
>>46118009
"Thanks for the tips," you say, heading for the door.

"Where are you going?" Sarah asks.

You tell her that you're going to find a place to get some beer.

"Bring me back some," she instructs, sitting up. "I could use a drink."

"That actually doesn't sound bad," Abe agrees. "Maybe I should go get the beers, though. You are underage."

You hear Sarah snort, and you pull out one of the countless fake IDs you carry, rolling your eyes and heading out the door.

You find a place nearby, and pick up a couple of six-packs before coming back to the room. The three of you crack open some beers, and while Abe sips at his, and Sarah downs one in a single gulp, you pull out your laptop and start doing some research on werewolves.

You have to navigate through the stupid fan-wikis for series like Twilight, and a million pages of Hollywood werewolves before you find information about the old legends.

You do find what Abe and Sarah told you about killing them, as well as information on the behaviors and natures of the creatures.

In most stories, the werewolf had no control over its transformations, and in some cases was not even aware of it until he found the results of his rampage the next day. Supposedly, a werewolf is also rather weak the day after it transforms, making it vulnerable.

Some cultures believed that werewolves could be created by a curse, or drinking from a body of water a wolf had drank from. Apparently, there were even supposed methods of willingly becoming a werewolf. You even find a few mentions of supposed cures that were attempted in the past, though those usually ended in death.

>A. Ask Abe and Sarah if they know anything about curing werewolves

>B. Ask about waiting until the following day to kill the thing

>C. Go drink with them for a while

>D. Go sleep

>E. Something else
>>
>>46118253
>C
>>
>>46118296
You join the others, sipping at your own beer while Sarah moves onto her second. Despite the fact that the three of you might get yourselves killed tomorrow, everyone seems pretty relaxed. After all, you do this pretty regularly, and with everyone watching each other's backs, you feel confident.

"So, did they card you?" Sarah asks with a laugh. "Which ID did you use?"

>A. Jake Steal

>B. Mallik Blishtar

>C. Jefferson Steelflex

>D. Alan Smith

>E. Don't answer her

>F. Ask how their last werewolf hunt went

>G. Something else
>>
>>46118431

>C. Jefferson Steelflex
>F. Ask how their last werewolf hunt went
>>
>>46118431
>C
is this real
>>
>>46118472
"Jefferson Steelflex," you answer.

She snorts. "That one's my favorite. That, and...what was yours, Abe? Alvin Yakatory?"

Abe shakes his head. "You were the one who made those IDs, remember?"

"Yeah, as a joke, I never expected you two to use them," she says.

"So, how'd your last werewolf hunt go?" you ask.

"It was...memorable," Abe tells you, prompting a snort from Sarah.

"Yeah, that's a word," she says. "We wound up falling on top of each other and almost getting clawed to death. Thank God Craig was there."

"We met him on that hunt," Abe explains to you. "We went in thinking we just had to shoot the thing with a silver bullet, if he hadn't been there and known what he was doing, we'd have been screwed."

"We would have figured it out," Sarah asserts, causing Abe to roll his eyes.

>A. Ask about Craig, you never met him before

>B. Between Craig, Adam, and you, it seems like they need help a lot

>C. Ask about curing werewolves

>D. Something else
>>
>>46118747
A
>>
>>46119100
You ask the two of them about Craig, as you've never met him before.

"Well, years ago Craig was just a normal hunter," Abe tells you. "Then on one of his hunts he found something in the woods, and now he's our kind of hunter."

"Did he ever say what it was he found?" Sarah asks Abe.

"Skinwalker, I think," Abe says.

"Well, anyway, he'd been hunting for a while before he ran into us on a werewolf hunt," Sarah tells you. "Since then, we've kept in touch, he points us toward hunts sometimes, and every once in a while we team up with him."

The three of you spend some time drinking and talking before finally turning in. You sleep nice and late, and wake up refreshed. You spend the afternoon making sure all of your equipment is in order: M1911 pistols loaded with silver bullets, flair guns, just in case, silver necklaces (apparently Sarah's idea), and flashlights.

Sarah also has a silver knife, which she takes some time to sharpen before the three of you head into the woods.

The three of you find a small clearing and start gathering firewood as the sun begins to set. Soon, you have a decent fire going, and each sit with your back to it, guns ready as you listen carefully for anything that could signal the creatures presence.

>A. Ask what you should be looking for

>B. Just keep quiet and focused

>C. Something else
>>
>>46119291
>B
>>
>>46119291
>B
>>
>>46119525
>>46119543
You keep quiet, focusing on the sounds coming from the forest, when you suddenly realize that you don't hear any sounds. No insects, no animals moving in the distance, nothing.

Besides the crackling of your fire, there is dead silence.

That silence is broken by a roar, one that sounds like nothing you've heard from any animals in the past, and nothing like you'd expect a werewolf to make.

You look over to see Sarah looking around, and briefly catch a confused expression on her face.

"Abe...." she says nervously.

"That's not a werewolf," Abe says with dread.

You hear a growl, much closer this time, and see the bushes ahead of you begin to rustle.

>A. Fire a shot into the bushes

>B. Hold your fire, wait for whatever it is to show itself

>C. Ask Abe and Sarah if they know what this is

>D. Ask what to do

>E. Something else
>>
In hindsight, I probably ran this thread too early in the day. I suppose we'll call it quits for today, but this will become an actual Quest sometime in May
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.